View Full Version : NASCAR.....Did they say he missed 11 races and won the championship?

ptown
11-22-2015, 07:08 PM
What a joke it's become, I'm lost on this chase deal, can some nascar experts help out those of us that just don't get it.

153J
11-22-2015, 07:17 PM
yup
only reason i even saw that horseshxt was waitin for football to come on
will never purposely watch that wwf racing again

kidrock
11-22-2015, 07:21 PM
It's so funny to listen to people give excuses why they watch NASCAR races LMAO.

drano
11-22-2015, 07:38 PM
I watch it to take a nap.

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-22-2015, 07:38 PM
It's so funny to listen to people give excuses why they watch NASCAR races LMAO.

I didn't know anyone still watched?

kidrock
11-22-2015, 07:43 PM
I didn't know anyone still watched?

Lots do they just say they don't lol.

Highside Hustler25
11-22-2015, 08:19 PM

You got that right:rolleyes:CIRF must be going to the bathroom or He'd have chimed in by now:D

Highside Hustler25
11-22-2015, 08:21 PM
Lots do they just say they don't lol.

That's funny and ironic at the same time. Suposedly, 65% of people that watch WWE wraslin don't admit it either.

kidrock
11-22-2015, 08:24 PM
That's funny and ironic at the same time. Suposedly, 65% of people that watch WWE wraslin don't admit it either.

You know it lol.

kidrock
11-22-2015, 08:25 PM
You got that right:rolleyes:CIRF must be going to the bathroom or He'd have chimed in by now:D

He must be celebrating because you know he has to be ecstatic right now lol

Raceready
11-22-2015, 08:26 PM
Lots do they just say they don't lol. Im afraid that I am forced to when the wife has it on at the supper table. Heaven forbid if she misses how her favorite driver is doing.She has a hissy fit when I go to another tv when Lucas is on though!

71PRPFan
11-22-2015, 08:31 PM
I watch nascar. Effin burn me at the stake. It's entertaining if you take it for what it is. Yes I'd rather watch a Saturday night at PRP but I'm not going to cry about getting to watch racing when it's been snowing all day.

71PRPFan
11-22-2015, 08:35 PM
as far as the topic goes, it's in NASCARs rules, whether they're
Made up or not, and he qualified. Deal with it. He had one of the highest win totals of the season why shouldn't he have been in there

kidrock
11-22-2015, 09:15 PM
Im afraid that I am forced to when the wife has it on at the supper table. Heaven forbid if she misses how her favorite driver is doing.She has a hissy fit when I go to another tv when Lucas is on though!

Yeah we have to keep the wife happy and if she wants to watch the race by all means let her. Happy wife happy life

kidrock
11-22-2015, 09:17 PM
I watch nascar. Effin burn me at the stake. It's entertaining if you take it for what it is. Yes I'd rather watch a Saturday night at PRP but I'm not going to cry about getting to watch racing when it's been snowing all day.

You make a good point and yes if it's snowing why not right.

as far as the topic goes, it's in NASCARs rules, whether they're
Made up or not, and he qualified. Deal with it. He had one of the highest win totals of the season why shouldn't he have been in there

I really don't care how they crown a champion and or their rules. Not quite sure about making rules up as they go but, a lot times it sates rules are subject to change.

CIRF
11-23-2015, 09:45 AM
He must be celebrating because you know he has to be ecstatic right now lol

You're right Kid, I did celebrate, and will continue to celebrate until a new and much less deserving champion is crowned next November. A less deserving driver would be one that actually competed in all the races.?! Hehehe!

I was watching the DVR recording of the 2015 Chili Bowl until my wife came home from work and asked if the NASCAR race was over yet and we tuned in with 35 laps to go. Otherwise we'd have missed the whole thing but watching Rico win the Chili Bowl again would have been at the very least as entertaining as the NASCAR race.

The only way the outcome at Homestead could have been more satisfying is if the race could have gone green without the caution at the end and Larson could have caught and passed Keselowski. At least Larson came from dirt track racing and still races dirt from time to time and ya' gotta' love that!

A ron
11-23-2015, 10:21 AM
Why not just start the season in September since the rest of it doesn't count anyway haha ole Cirf called the outcome 6 months ago.

1bbmft
11-23-2015, 10:25 AM
I got hurt this past summer (Some dumb azz not looking past his hood pins) and missed two weeks and when I came back I had no chance to win a championship even if I won all 6 races left in the season. They never said hey were gonna give you 100 points so you can be in contention. NASCAR is a joke and will be until it goes back to a sport and not $$$$$$$$$$$. Way to many 1 1/2 mile tracks, lets get back to run more of the 1/2 to 1 mile tracks. And why there at it run a Saturday and Sunday there are lots of tracks close to each other and run 50 races a year. The chase is a fu*king joke......

jog49
11-23-2015, 10:30 AM
NASCAR changed the rules so that anyone in the top 30 in points at the time for "The Chase" would qualify. KB was in the top 30 so he qualified. If you want to blame someone for this happening, blame those "no driving" drivers behind him in the points who let him get past them in the points! Perhaps that group shouldn't be allowed to compete in 2016 for their lousy performances clogging up the tracks in 2015.

ShawnStreet
11-23-2015, 11:16 AM
I haven't watched Nascar in so long I honestly have no idea who most of the drivers are. But from reading jog49's post, it is no wonder I don't watch anymore. I mean, you can be in 30th place and feel good about yourself? What a joke.

CIRF
11-23-2015, 11:20 AM
NASCAR changed the rules so that anyone in the top 30 in points at the time for "The Chase" would qualify. KB was in the top 30 so he qualified. If you want to blame someone for this happening, blame those "no driving" drivers behind him in the points who let him get past them in the points! Perhaps that group shouldn't be allowed to compete in 2016 for their lousy performances clogging up the tracks in 2015.

Yep, those dammed start and park guys didn't do their part! Hehehehe!

huskerdirt
11-23-2015, 01:41 PM
When NASCAR implemented the new rules for the chase. Being in the top 30 in points(as long as you won a race) was in there from the get go. So when you say "they changed the rules". You are implying that the field expanding from 12-16, the elimination rounds, and such were also changed on the fly. All those rules were changed at the same time. So don't go saying they changed the rules as they go.

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2014/1/30/chase-for-the-nascar-sprint-cup-championship-format-changes.html

I don't like Busch. But you have to give him credit. He went out and won the championship under the parameters that were set. Before the chase even started he was up to around 20th in points already. Which means he beat more than the start and park guys.

Bubstr
11-23-2015, 03:28 PM
The only part they changed, during the season was the part that mandated trying to qualify for every race. This rule was changed to help eliminate drivers who had concussions or broken bones from racing because they had to and endangering the other drivers. So yes they did change the rules during the season. Maybe for the better.

As far as I'm concerned, there hasn't been a Champion since they started this mess. If they didn't win them like the early racer's did, using all the races, equally, they just didn't win a Championship. Why should a so called Champion, be crowned, just because he is good at the right tracks and now just one track. Possibly the so called Champion would have won even with the old rules, but we will never know, because the way you race is changed when your locked into the chase. We will never know, who would have been the best over the whole season, since it changed.

ptown
11-23-2015, 03:37 PM
Can you imagine the conspiracy theories had Jr won it after missing 11 races.

huskerdirt
11-23-2015, 04:20 PM
The only part they changed, during the season was the part that mandated trying to qualify for every race. This rule was changed to help eliminate drivers who had concussions or broken bones from racing because they had to and endangering the other drivers. So yes they did change the rules during the season. Maybe for the better.

As far as I'm concerned, there hasn't been a Champion since they started this mess. If they didn't win them like the early racer's did, using all the races, equally, they just didn't win a Championship. Why should a so called Champion, be crowned, just because he is good at the right tracks and now just one track. Possibly the so called Champion would have won even with the old rules, but we will never know, because the way you race is changed when your locked into the chase. We will never know, who would have been the best over the whole season, since it changed.

Denny Hamlin was eligible for Chase after he suffered his injury last year. He suffered his injury about the same time Kyle Busch did. Although he didn't miss as many races. Funny..... I didn't hear any b!tching about it then. If you didn't think they were gonna give Busch a pass providing he met the criteria. Then your head has been in the sand.

Before 1969 MLB decided there champion by just having two teams playing one round of playoffs for the World Series. Then it went to 2 rounds.... Then 3.... Then 4. Had it been before 1969 the last two (atleast) World Series champions wouldn't even had made the playoffs.

You can point to every major professional sport and see where they've made format changes. Including adding teams to the playoff.

RW57
11-23-2015, 04:22 PM
If I understand it Gordon would have a bunch more championships Johnson a lot less and Harvick would have done won one before last year under the old system which I think is the way it should be.All the chase is about who gets hot at the right time.

kidrock
11-23-2015, 06:06 PM
Can you imagine the conspiracy theories had Jr won it after missing 11 races.

No more then now but I sure could if Gordon would have won.

Phatdaddy
11-23-2015, 06:43 PM
I don't even see why they have a points race. It's not like there are other series competing with Nascar for car counts, TV money, etc.. They should just take the points $$$$ and add it the purse in each individual race. Make each individual race more prestigious.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
11-23-2015, 09:02 PM
Johnsons championship wins got them to reformat. He was mopping up every yr and fans got tired of seeing him collect 7mil ea yr.

SnakeX3
11-24-2015, 07:22 AM
Can a moderator please move this thread? This is a forum for racing, not jokes (sorry Ben) and not pro wrestling.

Thanks!

25drtrkr
11-24-2015, 03:02 PM
So does this make Kyle Busch the "Quintessential Champion"!

My vote for Driver of the Year is still Matt Kenseth, and Im not a big fan of his! (moreso now)!

WVRACEFAN
11-24-2015, 04:16 PM
This is no different that the WoO & Lucus series awarding hardship points when one of theyre top guys misses a race.

Raceready
11-25-2015, 06:44 AM
A race, maybe yes. But not 11. Renegade Stars used to have 1 throw away race in their series for the driver to go to a wedding, graduation, or whatever. If you raced every race you would throw out the race with the worst finish.

jog49
11-25-2015, 08:54 AM
I don't think anybody would argue that David Pearson was one of the best drivers ever in NASCAR. He raced for 28 seasons and never, ever ran all the races in a single one of those seasons. If you don't care for Busch, just say so.
Don't dance around the excuse that he didn't run all the races. NASCAR allowed a medical exemption which allowed Busch to compete for the championship and he abided by the letter of the law. He is, after all, a pretty (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) good driver having won over 150 NASCAR sponsored races, I believe. If you want to blame someone, blame that little nappy headed dimwit who now runs NASCAR. He'll try anything to save what his grandfather built but has no earthly idea what to do. He can start by making the drivers race. Only award points for the top 5 finishing positions and 1 point for every lap led.....period. Do away with this lucky dog BS and any other award where a driver gets a benefit for doing absolutely nothing. And for God's sake, quit sending a driver out every week with a barrel of debris behind the seat to throw out on the track at all the opportune times!

A ron
11-25-2015, 09:06 AM
I have no problem with not running all the races and being able to win. My problem is only being able to miss certain ones (the first 26 races)

CIRF
11-25-2015, 12:03 PM
I don't think anybody would argue that David Pearson was one of the best drivers ever in NASCAR. He raced for 28 seasons and never, ever ran all the races in a single one of those seasons. If you don't care for Busch, just say so.
Don't dance around the excuse that he didn't run all the races. NASCAR allowed a medical exemption which allowed Busch to compete for the championship and he abided by the letter of the law. He is, after all, a pretty (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) good driver having won over 150 NASCAR sponsored races, I believe. If you want to blame someone, blame that little nappy headed dimwit who now runs NASCAR. He'll try anything to save what his grandfather built but has no earthly idea what to do. He can start by making the drivers race. Only award points for the top 5 finishing positions and 1 point for every lap led.....period. Do away with this lucky dog BS and any other award where a driver gets a benefit for doing absolutely nothing. And for God's sake, quit sending a driver out every week with a barrel of debris behind the seat to throw out on the track at all the opportune times!

Not trying to nitpick jog but David Pearson ran the full schedule, or at least attempted to qualify for all the races, 3 times. 1966, 1968 & 1969. Those 3 years were the only times David ran the full schedule and he won the championship ALL 3 YEARS. In 1968 Pearson maintained an AVERAGE FINISH of 5.8 while running a 48 race schedule.

Pearson never once did not start a race because of an injury sustained in a racecar.

Doctors from Duke University Medical Center once wired David up with a heart rate monitor to get a reading on his pulse during a race at Darlington. The doctors coordinated the video of the race with the monitor to see in how his heart rate reacted in varying race situations. Much to their surprise David's heart rate WENT DOWN when he was in the most heated racing situations.

David Pearson was VERY, VERY confident and comfortable in a racecar. He is widely considered the best driver ever to drive a NASCAR stock car and that consideration is very hard to dispute. He wasn't known to wreck people, to win a race or when running 12th. He didn't need to wreck anyone to win a race, he just out drove them.

I agree 100% jog, points should only be rewarded to the top 10 or 12 finishers. Among other things, it would eliminate the need to fix a car and get it back onto the track when it's 20, 30 or 40 laps down.

chupp n bloomer fan
11-26-2015, 06:16 AM
Not trying to nitpick jog but David Pearson ran the full schedule, or at least attempted to qualify for all the races, 3 times. 1966, 1968 & 1969. Those 3 years were the only times David ran the full schedule and he won the championship ALL 3 YEARS. In 1968 Pearson maintained an AVERAGE FINISH of 5.8 while running a 48 race schedule.

Pearson never once did not start a race because of an injury sustained in a racecar.

Doctors from Duke University Medical Center once wired David up with a heart rate monitor to get a reading on his pulse during a race at Darlington. The doctors coordinated the video of the race with the monitor to see in how his heart rate reacted in varying race situations. Much to their surprise David's heart rate WENT DOWN when he was in the most heated racing situations.

David Pearson was VERY, VERY confident and comfortable in a racecar. He is widely considered the best driver ever to drive a NASCAR stock car and that consideration is very hard to dispute. He wasn't known to wreck people, to win a race or when running 12th. He didn't need to wreck anyone to win a race, he just out drove them.

I agree 100% jog, points should only be rewarded to the top 10 or 12 finishers. Among other things, it would eliminate the need to fix a car and get it back onto the track when it's 20, 30 or 40 laps down.Was my Dads' favorite. He still signs autographs at trade shows once in awhile. Lives on a farm in SC and rides a Harley I believe. IMO, yes, best of that era, if not ever.

CIRF
11-26-2015, 08:24 AM
Was my Dads' favorite. He still signs autographs at trade shows once in awhile. Lives on a farm in SC and rides a Harley I believe. IMO, yes, best of that era, if not ever.
cnbf, David had an abdominal aneurysm back in October of 2014 which landed him in the hospital for about a week and then in early December 2014 he had a mild stroke. From what I've read he's doing well and is nearly 100% recovered from the stroke. Don't know if he's back driving or riding his Harley these days or not.

I had a chance to meet David a few years back and circumstances played out that I missed him by about 1/2 hour. It was at Du Quoin prior to the ARCA race on the Magic Mile. David's son was racing that day. We stayed on the lake about a half hour too long. Still makes me mad but we had no one else to blame but ourselves.

David Pearson was one of those guys that if you gave him a reason he'd "tune you up" so to speak. A young Tim Richmond crossed that painful line once. Legend has it that Tim came looking for David after the 1984 Firecracker 400. Tim was pissed off because he believed Pearson's car was throwing oil and Richmond thought David should have parked it. Well, Tim made the painful mistake of getting in David's face and saying something like "listen you old fool". One punch and Richmond ended up on his ass with a big fat black eye for about a week.

Pearson and Junior Johnson are widely considered the 2 best drivers in NASCAR history. Both were not comfortable in the limelight and both were perfect gentlemen until ya' pissed 'em off.

Many of the drivers of today could learn a whole lot from guys like Pearson, Johnson, The King, Cale and Bobby Allison, among others. Don't run your mouth and be willing to throw down to settle a score as opposed to wrecking each others equipment and putting lives in danger.

blncfn57
11-26-2015, 08:46 AM
It is not the rules! The rule says you must attempt to qualify for every race. It was a "waiver" that got him in. So, yes, in a sense they changed the rules. Guys have always had to be careful what they did in their free time to make sure they were healthy for the season that paid the bills. Kyle wanting to be a big fish in a little pond should not excuse him from the rules that the majority of the drivers had to go by. Most guys are dedicated to NSCS racing and plan their lives around it.... that's what champions do, not put themselves in harms way and expect the sympathy train to come rescue them. How many guys have been taken out of a championship season because of injuries over the years? What a kick in the balls to all of them. It's heartbreaking to see the pussification of America trickle down into racing. Kyle is a beast behind the wheel, but if your kid missed 1/3 of soccer season, they wouldn't even get a participation trophy.

blncfn57
11-26-2015, 09:05 AM
Denny Hamlin was eligible for Chase after he suffered his injury last year. He suffered his injury about the same time Kyle Busch did. Although he didn't miss as many races. Funny..... I didn't hear any b!tching about it then. If you didn't think they were gonna give Busch a pass providing he met the criteria. Then your head has been in the sand.

Before 1969 MLB decided there champion by just having two teams playing one round of playoffs for the World Series. Then it went to 2 rounds.... Then 3.... Then 4. Had it been before 1969 the last two (atleast) World Series champions wouldn't even had made the playoffs.

You can point to every major professional sport and see where they've made format changes. Including adding teams to the playoff.

There was no b!tching then because Hamlins mouth always gets in the way of a championship anyway. As for guys bragging about Kyle Busch having 150 Nascar wins..... he has like 34 cup wins... and one championship now (that will be overshadowed by the drunk Brian Frances "quick to react" persona.) All that in 11- 12 seasons doesn't put him on top of any list, altho he is on the list.

chupp n bloomer fan
11-26-2015, 09:24 AM
cnbf, David had an abdominal aneurysm back in October of 2014 which landed him in the hospital for about a week and then in early December 2014 he had a mild stroke. From what I've read he's doing well and is nearly 100% recovered from the stroke. Don't know if he's back driving or riding his Harley these days or not.

I had a chance to meet David a few years back and circumstances played out that I missed him by about 1/2 hour. It was at Du Quoin prior to the ARCA race on the Magic Mile. David's son was racing that day. We stayed on the lake about a half hour too long. Still makes me mad but we had no one else to blame but ourselves.

David Pearson was one of those guys that if you gave him a reason he'd "tune you up" so to speak. A young Tim Richmond crossed that painful line once. Legend has it that Tim came looking for David after the 1984 Firecracker 400. Tim was pissed off because he believed Pearson's car was throwing oil and Richmond thought David should have parked it. Well, Tim made the painful mistake of getting in David's face and saying something like "listen you old fool". One punch and Richmond ended up on his ass with a big fat black eye for about a week.

Pearson and Junior Johnson are widely considered the 2 best drivers in NASCAR history. Both were not comfortable in the limelight and both were perfect gentlemen until ya' pissed 'em off.

Many of the drivers of today could learn a whole lot from guys like Pearson, Johnson, The King, Cale and Bobby Allison, among others. Don't run your mouth and be willing to throw down to settle a score as opposed to wrecking each others equipment and putting lives in danger.Thanks for the info CIRF, as always, top notch stuff. Guessing that's why my Dad liked him. And yeah, I laugh at the "fights", any of these drivers in NASCRAP get in anymore. A.J, Hewitt, Charlie Swartz, David, Allisons, Yarborough etc, could help them out;).

jog49
11-26-2015, 09:50 AM
I always liked this story, which is true, by the way:

“Darlington always has been a ‘white knuckle’ track for almost every driver,” Buddy Baker recalled recently. “Things were getting especially tense in that ’76 race because David and I had been back and forth at each other so much, swapping the lead. I know that I felt tension, and I figured David did, too.

“Then, going down the backstretch, he pulled alongside to pass. I looked over and David was driving with one hand and lighting a cigarette with the other!

“He appeared just as cool as if he was sitting in a rocking chair on his porch back home. I’ve got to be honest. It unsettled me a little bit.”

Pearson led the last 12 laps to edge Baker by seven-tenths of a second.

Other drivers also have told of seeing Pearson drive by while firing up a smoke with a cigarette lighter that was built into the dash of the Wood Brothers cars he drove to so many victories.

drano
11-26-2015, 09:54 AM
Darlington was my first big race I attended fell in love with the place went there with the 72 rookie of the year.

CIRF
11-26-2015, 10:44 AM
It is not the rules! The rule says you must attempt to qualify for every race. It was a "waiver" that got him in. So, yes, in a sense they changed the rules. Guys have always had to be careful what they did in their free time to make sure they were healthy for the season that paid the bills. Kyle wanting to be a big fish in a little pond should not excuse him from the rules that the majority of the drivers had to go by. Most guys are dedicated to NSCS racing and plan their lives around it.... that's what champions do, not put themselves in harms way and expect the sympathy train to come rescue them. How many guys have been taken out of a championship season because of injuries over the years? What a kick in the balls to all of them. It's heartbreaking to see the pussification of America trickle down into racing. Kyle is a beast behind the wheel, but if your kid missed 1/3 of soccer season, they wouldn't even get a participation trophy.
This might be the absolute best post on this subject to date and the post and author deserves recognition. In reference to guys getting hurt and being instantly eliminated from championship contention, Sterling Marlin got hurt while in the midst of what might have been a championship run back in the early 2000's. Wonder what he would say about how things went down this season?

There was no b!tching then because Hamlins mouth always gets in the way of a championship anyway. As for guys bragging about Kyle Busch having 150 Nascar wins..... he has like 34 cup wins... and one championship now (that will be overshadowed by the drunk Brian Frances "quick to react" persona.) All that in 11- 12 seasons doesn't put him on top of any list, altho he is on the list.Another very good post. Thank you for presenting the truth.

Thanks for the info CIRF, as always, top notch stuff. Guessing that's why my Dad liked him. And yeah, I laugh at the "fights", any of these drivers in NASCRAP get in anymore. A.J, Hewitt, Charlie Swartz, David, Allisons, Yarborough etc, could help them out;).You're more than welcome cbnf. Good to hear from you again!!

That's quite a list of punch artists you posted there! LOL! They'd all "tune you up" if they thought a guy deserved it. The best garage area dust up we've seen in a long time was when Marcos Ambrose gave Casey Mears a fairly good right hand to the side of the face after a race at Richmond a year or two ago.

chupp n bloomer fan
11-26-2015, 02:45 PM
This might be the absolute best post on this subject to date and the post and author deserves recognition. In reference to guys getting hurt and being instantly eliminated from championship contention, Sterling Marlin got hurt while in the midst of what might have been a championship run back in the early 2000's. Wonder what he would say about how things went down this season?
Another very good post. Thank you for presenting the truth.

You're more than welcome cbnf. Good to hear from you again!!

That's quite a list of punch artists you posted there! LOL! They'd all "tune you up" if they thought a guy deserved it. The best garage area dust up we've seen in a long time was when Marcos Ambrose gave Casey Mears a fairly good right hand to the side of the face after a race at Richmond a year or two ago.And the b!tch of it is he's an Aussie. Nice seeing you too CIRF

ClampedUp
11-26-2015, 03:00 PM
Another very good post. Thank you for presenting the truth.

You're more than welcome cbnf. Good to hear from you again!!

That's quite a list of punch artists you posted there! LOL! They'd all "tune you up" if they thought a guy deserved it. The best garage area dust up we've seen in a long time was when Marcos Ambrose gave Casey Mears a fairly good right hand to the side of the face after a race at Richmond a year or two ago.

And don't forget Jimmy Spencer giving Kurt Busch a good old Pennsylvania nose job!
Knocked that smug c0cky arrogant grin right off his face....

zyoung25
11-26-2015, 05:31 PM
And the b!tch of it is he's an Aussie.

Aussie people arent scared of anything. They are my kind of people. That punch happened so quick, I had to rewind it twice to make sure that was what happen. Funny stuff for sure.

chupp n bloomer fan
11-27-2015, 10:17 AM
Aussie people arent scared of anything. They are my kind of people. That punch happened so quick, I had to rewind it twice to make sure that was what happen. Funny stuff for sure.Yeah I agree with ya, it's just funny the last real fight/punch in NASCAR was an Aussie.

chupp n bloomer fan
11-27-2015, 10:18 AM
And don't forget Jimmy Spencer giving Kurt Busch a good old Pennsylvania nose job!
Knocked that smug c0cky arrogant grin right off his face....Yep lol. Saying over the radio you intentionally took out Spencer, well, obviously he didn't know Jimmy's past;).

SuperEight
11-27-2015, 10:54 AM
What a joke it's become, I'm lost on this chase deal, can some nascar experts help out those of us that just don't get it.

I'm actually more put out with the, "10 laps to go debris cautions". If you think about it, KB broke his leg, missed 11 starts and then jumped thru all the hoops they set up for him to qualify, I dont think they expected him to. In dirt we have hardship rules to help competitors who experience setbacks of different kinds, so.... I don't like NASCRAP and havent in more than 10 years, but I do occasionally watch with the outside hope things have improved since I last watched, but generally I'm disappointed every time with their obvious attempts to add drama and massage the outcomes, but I've seen that at my local track too, so... At least at the dirt track its not so in my face every week like NAPCAR. I'm also ticked that they stole the win from Kyle Larson, who put on a driving/concentration clinic for 400 miles. JMO

oldfart50
11-27-2015, 02:50 PM
I might have agreed with the last post up until the Larson part. He wasnt leading when the caution came out. But then again I am not a fan of his and never will be so I just see it how it is. I dont own a Toyota either for the same reason.

Highside Hustler25
11-27-2015, 04:17 PM
I might have agreed with the last post up until the Larson part. He wasnt leading when the caution came out. But then again I am not a fan of his and never will be so I just see it how it is. I dont own a Toyota either for the same reason.

You're right. He wasn't leading but he was closing really fast. With the # of laps remaining, I think Kyle Larson wins under green. Problem is, rarely NASCAR races finish the last 10 laps under green.

CIRF
11-27-2015, 05:39 PM
As someone mentioned earlier, watching Larson run virtually inches from the outside wall lap after lap was something to see.

I don't recall ever seeing a car run that close to the wall that long.

Nasty55
11-27-2015, 06:45 PM
As someone mentioned earlier, watching Larson run virtually inches from the outside wall lap after lap was something to see.

I don't recall ever seeing a car run that close to the wall that long.

Larson is exciting to watch when he runs that wall thats for sure... I have to agree with HH25 though he may not of been leading when the caution came out but had it of stayed green Larson would of won that race!

fenders27
11-27-2015, 07:47 PM
Saw first race in 1973, last in 1992. For the 4M crowd what you have now is not racing, not sure what it is. Kyle Busch missed races and still won championship... no way

SuperEight
11-28-2015, 02:33 PM

So you don't like Kyle Larson because you think he's Japanese??? He was gaining a full second a lap on the leader and had closed to within 1 second, so mathematically he was most likely going to swing by and take the lead on the next lap. Like him or not he was driving the wheels off that car.

waaac77
11-29-2015, 10:04 AM
It doesn't matter what anyone says NASCAR points championship is a joke and it doesn't crown a champ for the whole year just the last half. It's 100% a reflection of how many pu$$ies we have in our country. Everyone seems to want to be given something and there's no desire to earn anything anymore. I do think that Kyle Busch is a great driver and one of the best but he did not earn the championship in my book. I would rather have year long points with no chase but they've totally made their rules into a circus. Yes other professional leagues have made changes to their playoff format but they also don't let all the teams compete in the playoffs. If nascar wants playoffs then they should only allow the top 10 in pts instead of pretty much everyone. It just makes all the races before the chase irrelevant. I like Kyle Busch and I do think he'll win multiple championships throughout the rest of his career but he did not earn the championship in 2015. He did earn it according to nascars Mickey Mouse rules but if you ask me (and I think most others) he did not earn it. I can't believe anyone in their right mind would think this is a good format to use. Gotta give everybody a chance, right? No point in earning things nowadays just let everyone qualify for the chase. Pay Burger King employees $15/hour. Cops can no longer shoot criminals because they're people too. Tax the rich so the lower class can still sit on their couch eating cheesy poofs and not work but still live a lavish lifestyle. This country is going to sh!t and I got two words that will save us all... Donald Trump.

chupp n bloomer fan
11-29-2015, 08:32 PM
It doesn't matter what anyone says NASCAR points championship is a joke and it doesn't crown a champ for the whole year just the last half. It's 100% a reflection of how many pu$$ies we have in our country. Everyone seems to want to be given something and there's no desire to earn anything anymore. I do think that Kyle Busch is a great driver and one of the best but he did not earn the championship in my book. I would rather have year long points with no chase but they've totally made their rules into a circus. Yes other professional leagues have made changes to their playoff format but they also don't let all the teams compete in the playoffs. If nascar wants playoffs then they should only allow the top 10 in pts instead of pretty much everyone. It just makes all the races before the chase irrelevant. I like Kyle Busch and I do think he'll win multiple championships throughout the rest of his career but he did not earn the championship in 2015. He did earn it according to nascars Mickey Mouse rules but if you ask me (and I think most others) he did not earn it. I can't believe anyone in their right mind would think this is a good format to use. Gotta give everybody a chance, right? No point in earning things nowadays just let everyone qualify for the chase. Pay Burger King employees $15/hour. Cops can no longer shoot criminals because they're people too. Tax the rich so the lower class can still sit on their couch eating cheesy poofs and not work but still live a lavish lifestyle. This country is going to sh!t and I got two words that will save us all... Donald Trump.Lol. NASCAR going to a playoff format, somehow translates to lets vote for Donald, ok? Could it be they are just trying to make a boring product exciting. That doing away with tracks with some excitement, and putting in tracks in big cities that are cookie cutter, was a terrible mistake. And they've alienated actual fans who know racing, for phony fans who'll be gone before they know it, like now.

ptown
11-29-2015, 09:02 PM
Pay Burger King employees $15/hour. Cops can no longer shoot criminals because they're people too. Tax the rich so the lower class can still sit on their couch eating cheesy poofs and not work but still live a lavish lifestyle. This country is going to sh!t and I got two words that will save us all... Donald Trump.

Fox News got ya all riled up?

oldfart50
11-30-2015, 11:51 AM
So you don't like Kyle Larson because you think he's Japanese??? He was gaining a full second a lap on the leader and had closed to within 1 second, so mathematically he was most likely going to swing by and take the lead on the next lap. Like him or not he was driving the wheels off that car. There is no think about it. That is the only reason he has his ride...

TS FAN
11-30-2015, 02:48 PM
This thread is hilarious. KYLE kicked their tails. I hate Nascar, I only watch Nascar because my wife makes me. I hate Nascar. I haven't watched Nascar in years, but I thought it was important to post
and let everyone know that. Nascar is a joke. I hate Nascar. Nascar made the wrong driver champion. I hate Nascar. I never watch Nascar. Did I say I think Nascar is a joke????
While i admire the drivers of yesteryear in Nascar, it is always funny to see posts that the current drivers would be sissies along side of these guys. Really? Oh, BTW the same whining a complaining went on in those days too. just for starters, Freddie Lorenzen was called every ugly name one could image. The truth is this. Most of you follow Nascar, but don't want to be called a sissy for admitting. It is more safe to trash Nascar and certainly KB. I guess nothing would have been said if somehow Gordon would have finished the highest. I am thinking, NOT. Here you go haters. You can have some December fun and trash my post!! Have at it. LOLOLOL

CIRF
11-30-2015, 03:25 PM
Hey Power14, this is just one thread. You've been pissin', moanin', whinin', cryin' and hatin' about Jeff Gordon for 20+ years.

Hypocrite isn't quite definitive enough for the likes of you. Let's just go with "full o' $hit", it's a bit more accurate.

Still under your skin I see!

Merry Christmas, hater! Literally LOL!!

ClampedUp
11-30-2015, 04:11 PM
There is no think about it. That is the only reason he has his ride...

Do you wear your robe and hood when you go to the races??

TS FAN
11-30-2015, 04:36 PM
Hey Power14, this is just one thread. You've been pissin', moanin', whinin', cryin' and hatin' about Jeff Gordon for 20+ years.

Hypocrite isn't quite definitive enough for the likes of you. Let's just go with "full o' $hit", it's a bit more accurate.

I just won a bet. I said this clown will be excited the minute he sees my post, and respond with haste. He spends at least 15 hrs a day on this board. Hypocrite, name caller. You should look in the mirror, sir. You also should stop your whining about Gordon. He is retired. You should also find something worth while to do with your time. Signing off now, my point was made, my bet won. LOL
Get your last word, and make sure you call me a name or two so your poster friends can see, because I won't.

Clayton_Wetter
11-30-2015, 06:13 PM

Yep that Jeff Gordon jealously/hate combo has had TS in a total tizzy for many years here on good ole 4M. That is most obvious by now.
Envy, jealously and disappointment over his personal hero not coming through to his own personal fantasies has caused many uncalled for attacks on one on NARCARS greatest drivers. But we can usually see these outbursts coming. lol

Highside Hustler25
11-30-2015, 06:14 PM
I just won a bet. I said this clown will be excited the minute he sees my post, and respond with haste. He spends at least 15 hrs a day on this board. Hypocrite, name caller. You should look in the mirror, sir. You also should stop your whining about Gordon. He is retired. You should also find something worth while to do with your time. Signing off now, my point was made, my bet won. LOL
Get your last word, and make sure you call me a name or two so your poster friends can see, because I won't.

You guys could give each other a red dot and be done with it:cool:

Highside Hustler25
11-30-2015, 06:17 PM

speakin of dots, you get 2 green ones for that:D

Clayton_Wetter
11-30-2015, 06:23 PM
You guys could give each other a red dot and be done with it:cool:

A handful of self proclaimed know it alls cried and moaned until they did away with rep system. After all, one can't be a legend in their own mind and have a big row of red dots sitting beside their username. lol

Highside Hustler25
11-30-2015, 06:29 PM
A handful of self proclaimed know it alls cried and moaned until they did away with rep system. After all, one can't be a legend in their own mind and have a big row of red dots sitting beside their username. lol

lol more green.

Since this thread is going nowhere, I'll inquire...what happened to Blackie? 4m should reinstate him during the off season just to rev this place up a lil.

chupp n bloomer fan
11-30-2015, 07:22 PM
A handful of self proclaimed know it alls cried and moaned until they did away with rep system. After all, one can't be a legend in their own mind and have a big row of red dots sitting beside their username. lolBest thing they ever did, and I was full of a green. Was nothing more than a high school power trip.

chupp n bloomer fan
11-30-2015, 07:27 PM
This thread is hilarious. KYLE kicked their tails. I hate Nascar, I only watch Nascar because my wife makes me. I hate Nascar. I haven't watched Nascar in years, but I thought it was important to post
and let everyone know that. Nascar is a joke. I hate Nascar. Nascar made the wrong driver champion. I hate Nascar. I never watch Nascar. Did I say I think Nascar is a joke????
While i admire the drivers of yesteryear in Nascar, it is always funny to see posts that the current drivers would be sissies along side of these guys. Really? Oh, BTW the same whining a complaining went on in those days too. just for starters, Freddie Lorenzen was called every ugly name one could image. The truth is this. Most of you follow Nascar, but don't want to be called a sissy for admitting. It is more safe to trash Nascar and certainly KB. I guess nothing would have been said if somehow Gordon would have finished the highest. I am thinking, NOT. Here you go haters. You can have some December fun and trash my post!! Have at it. LOLOLOLFunny. I do not watch NASCAR, for the exact reasons I pointed out. Family and co-workers do, I do not. Last race I watched, I honestly don't know. Only thing I've seen is when Gordon won Martinsville because my Mom was here. We were both Gordon fans. Seen his post race stuff, which I'm really glad I did. It was his last win.

You can call us all out, some may watch NASCAR, I don't. You'd be sadly disappointed on Saturday and Sunday. Either watch a movie, kids shows, yard work, or errands. Not four hours of NASCAR.

EagleDirt
12-01-2015, 08:31 AM
Very fortunate that on most days during the summer, when I'm not teaching. I can have Breakfast and/or lunch with David Pearson. Eats breakfast at the Mayo Drive-In in Mayo, SC and lunch at Thompson's Country Market in Chesnee, SC. You would never know that you were in the presence of the Greatest Stock Car Driver of All Time. Super nice guy who can't stand what NASCAR has become.
Also, there is a good chance you will run into Bud Moore while out somewhere in Spartanburg, SC. True Gentleman, well gentle probably isn't the best word to describe that generation, they were TOUGH!!

CIRF
12-01-2015, 10:10 AM

Who'd ya' win the bet with? HB? LOL!

Call names? Hmmmm. Check the second sentence above. Another bit of irony from ol' Power14, dont' ya' think? Power, sometimes this stuff is too easy.

Gordo may be retired but your odd fixation will go on and on and on and on as it always has.

I gotta' admit, after looking at the bull you've posted for well over a decade it certainly is somewhat satisfying to once again be solidly under your skin. You and all your like minded buddies got the NASCAR board shut down here and ya'll run off seeking asylum and I'm confident you've found safe haven where you can repeatedly post the same drivel without end and with no one allowed to give it back. At least not for long, anyhow.

Power old buddy, the only real point you've ever made is/was that you are a hypocrite and a hater, and a sanctimoniously self righteous one to boot.

We both know you're going to read this and we both know your BP will spike upward yet again! You really shouldn't take this stuff so seriously! (where have we heard that before?) Now, unclench your jaw and take a deep breath! Literally LOL!!

CIRF
12-01-2015, 10:32 AM
Very fortunate that on most days during the summer, when I'm not teaching. I can have Breakfast and/or lunch with David Pearson. Eats breakfast at the Mayo Drive-In in Mayo, SC and lunch at Thompson's Country Market in Chesnee, SC. You would never know that you were in the presence of the Greatest Stock Car Driver of All Time. Super nice guy who can't stand what NASCAR has become.
Also, there is a good chance you will run into Bud Moore while out somewhere in Spartanburg, SC. True Gentleman, well gentle probably isn't the best word to describe that generation, they were TOUGH!!

Eagle, I envy you no end. I missed a chance to meet and briefly hang out with David Pearson several years ago when he was with his son who drove an ARCA car on the 1 mile dirt track at Du Quoin, Illinois that day. Due to circumstances of our own making we missed David by about 1/2 hour. I kick myself to this day for not making it to the track in time.

And your comment about David being the GSCDOAT is more than accurate, it's the gospel according to The King.

Myself and many, many others including those who have forgotten more about the inner workings of big time stock car racing than I've ever known say it was a travesty that David Pearson wasn't inducted into the NASCAR Hall of Fame in the first class of inductees. The NASCAR HoF lost a bunch of credibility with a lot of folks due to that oversight.

oldfart50
12-01-2015, 12:16 PM
Do you wear your robe and hood when you go to the races?? See the diversity program works and caters to people like you. I bet you like the current President also. Good for you...

CIRF
12-01-2015, 02:23 PM
See the diversity program works and caters to people like you. I bet you like the current President also. Good for you...
Come on fart, many of us would like to see you answer ClampedUp's question!

chupp n bloomer fan
12-01-2015, 04:31 PM
Also, there is a good chance you will run into Bud Moore while out somewhere in Spartanburg, SC. True Gentleman, well gentle probably isn't the best word to describe that generation, they were TOUGH!!You lucky dog. Definitely envious of your luck to live that close to the Silver Fox.

oldfart50
12-01-2015, 04:56 PM
Come on fart, many of us would like to see you answer ClampedUp's question! Though I do believe the world could use a little more Klan. I am not a member.

CIRF
12-01-2015, 05:32 PM

This is the question that many of us long for the answer to. Please fart, tell us!

oldfart50
12-01-2015, 06:19 PM
This is the question that many of us long for the answer to. Please fart, tell us! I believe I already have...

Matt49
12-02-2015, 12:01 AM
NASCAR should scrap the rules for "Cup" and "Nationwide" or whatever they call it this week and make it one series all the same rules with different divisions/leagues.
Like the way English league soccer is laid out. If you want to move up to the next league you have to finish in the top 3 (I think) of your league. Bottom 3 of a league drop down. They call it delegation or something. Makes sense to me from a racing standpoint. Same rules for everybody and let the $$$ and talent sort out who gets into which "class".
And, YES, I am implying that if you race in one class for the weekend as a driver, that's all you get. "Cup" drivers dipping into that class has ruined the possibility of ANY NASCAR entry level class being a stepping stone. The bottom line is just that: THE BOTTOM LINE! If you don't have the money to play here, you don't get to play.
That's where NASCAR messed up. They claimed to be "grass roots" but in the process of their growth cut out every grass roots racer from being able to compete and all you have now (with VERY VERY few exceptions) are male models that can keep a car out of the wall and each other MOST of the time. But I'm not sure that's the goal of NASCAR these days in the first place...so here we are.

CIRF
12-02-2015, 07:40 AM
I believe I already have...

Fart! Really now! That answer really doesn't clear the air!

Ya' don't have to be a member to wear the uniform.

ClampedUp
12-02-2015, 04:11 PM
Fart! Really now! That answer really doesn't clear the air!

Ya' don't have to be a member to wear the uniform.

He's just pizzy that #Anonymous outed a bunch of his "boys".
Heck he may have been one of them....