PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Pierce Platinum Chassis

Highside Hustler25
12-02-2015, 09:15 AM
Know of anyone who has gotten one or has one on order?

Josh Bayko
12-02-2015, 10:08 AM
I know Huck recently ordered a new Pierce. I don't know if it was one of these "platinum" series cars or not.

hucktyson
12-02-2015, 11:05 AM
Yes mine will hopefully be done soon so I can put it together ... I know according to this board it's impossible to build bodies and assemble a car if your not a chassis builder ... But I'll do my best

Josh Bayko
12-02-2015, 11:13 AM
Yes mine will hopefully be done soon so I can put it together ... I know according to this board it's impossible to build bodies and assemble a car if your not a chassis builder ... But I'll do my best

The majority of the folks that think that haven't seen your stuff, im guessing.

Car Biz
12-04-2015, 07:46 AM
Know of anyone who has gotten one or has one on order?

Derek Chandler might have a frame on order but I do not know for sure

weaver1st
12-04-2015, 08:21 AM
Kevin has a New Pierce car coming.

AnothaBenchRacer
12-04-2015, 03:36 PM
Saw some photos of the new "Platinum" chassis...what is all different compared to previous cars they were building?

pamoyerfan
12-05-2015, 02:24 AM
Where did you see photos ??

Jet Jockey
12-05-2015, 08:25 AM
The Pierce Platinum, it is my understanding, is made from approximately 25% Docol Tube R8 which is a steel manufactured specifically for automotive and racing use in Sweden. The other 75% is still mild steel. In contrast, the Black Diamond/Club29 is made 100% Docol R8.

golddirt
12-05-2015, 08:30 AM
So is it a more flexible steel or what is the difference ?

Jet Jockey
12-05-2015, 08:49 AM
Golddirt I am not a metalurgist so will not try to explain the Docol R8. If you are interested, go to www.aedmotorsport.com and click on the box for Docol Tube R8. Here you will find all the information you would ever need to know about it. I would be happy to hear your opinion on it.

hucktyson
12-05-2015, 09:27 AM
I highly doubt black
Diamonds are 100% docol. That would serve no purpose other than inflate the price

Wonder
12-05-2015, 09:27 AM
I hear he is making the pan hard out of Inconel................

hucktyson
12-05-2015, 09:29 AM
An Inconnel panhard would be awesome !!! Surely the prefect header material also makes the ideal panhard bar !!

MasterSbilt_Racer
12-05-2015, 09:55 AM
I highly doubt black
Diamonds are 100% docol. That would serve no purpose other than inflate the price

Correct. You wouldn't need it anywhere besides roll cage. If someone invented a weldable material with the same or less density than steel and higher modulus of elasticity, then you would want it everywhere.

AnothaBenchRacer
12-05-2015, 01:21 PM
Where did you see photos ??

http://i66.tinypic.com/w0jexi.jpg

Necrosis
12-06-2015, 11:22 AM
Correct. You wouldn't need it anywhere besides roll cage. If someone invented a weldable material with the same or less density than steel and higher modulus of elasticity, then you would want it everywhere.There is such an alloy. Rearden Metal.

FlatTire
12-06-2015, 11:43 AM
Black diamonds are made from Unobtainium. Thats why they costs so much!

Wonder
12-06-2015, 12:16 PM
Do what?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unobtainium

MasterSbilt_Racer
12-06-2015, 12:25 PM
There is such an alloy. Rearden Metal.

Haha. Now a silicon carbide composite could be the future. Obviously a different fastening technique would be used.

Wonder
12-06-2015, 06:19 PM
There is such an alloy. Rearden Metal.

The alloy Rearden is fictional-here is the novel......................

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlas_Shrugged

non driving fool
12-09-2015, 04:28 AM
The majority of the folks that think that haven't seen your stuff, im guessing. Most of us that have just a little common sense realize several things: 1- Huck has bought some good parts over the years. 2- His strong point is to run his mouth hard and make a total fool of himself. 3- History has shown Huck cant even get a good finish in a B main. 4-Some of you boys do provide excellent entertainment--Thanks!!!!!

hucktyson
12-09-2015, 05:56 AM
I think he was alluding to the fact that im a far better fabricator than the vast majority of the people who are paid to work on late models . I haven't ran well because I have never gone testing , I race 5 times a year , and I go to events with top competition and I have very few laps on any track other than Pittsburgh. You keep asking if people want frys with that and I'll continue building my empire

Josh Bayko
12-09-2015, 07:33 AM
Most of us that have just a little common sense realize several things: 1- Huck has bought some good parts over the years. 2- His strong point is to run his mouth hard and make a total fool of himself. 3- History has shown Huck cant even get a good finish in a B main. 4-Some of you boys do provide excellent entertainment--Thanks!!!!!

Nah, I was saying he's extremely detail oriented and isn't afraid to research the right information to get a car put together the way it's supposed to be. It might not lead to the best results, but that certainly isn't because the car is wrong.

I do see him race more often than most of this board. I will say his performance in the Pierce is very much an upgrade over what he was doing in the MastersBilt cars he was driving previously. If he ran more than the handful of times he does every year, he'd be way more competitive, but if he ran more, I don't think he'd have the money to buy the high end stuff he drives. Chicken and egg sort of thing.