PDA

View Full Version : Chili bowl midget nationals early entry car count is already at 144

CIRF
12-04-2015, 10:00 PM
The promoters of the 30th annual Chili Bowl Midget Nationals 2016 edition has released their early entry list for the January classic. The car count stands at 144 and will likely more than double in the days and weeks leading up to the 5 night extravaganza.

It will be Chili Bowl time before we know it and I can't wait!!

The most recent driver & car combination list:

http://www.chilibowl.com/entries/manual.aspx

1bbmft
12-05-2015, 02:29 PM
Just wondering can anyone buy a pitpass? Being a Modified driver I'd like to be able to sit in the stands and also walk the pits.

CIRF
12-05-2015, 11:07 PM
Yes, you can buy a pit pass. You can get multi-day pit passes and save a few bucks if you're going to attend more than one night in a row or they sell single day passes for $45 per preliminary night and $55 for Saturday night.

If you want a reserve seat in the grandstands your best bet is to keep an eye on a couple of open wheel message board called Indiana Open Wheel or Hoseheads. Unfortunately, I doubt there is anything at all left for Friday and Saturday nights and nothing very good for Tue., Wed & Thur. nights.

Good luck, and if you do decide to go have a great time. The Chili Bowl is an event all dirt track fans should see regardless if midgets are your cup of tea or not. It is a very cool event.

JimBo
12-06-2015, 12:25 PM
My favorite race of the year, and that's coming from a Late Model guy.

CIRF
12-07-2015, 11:01 AM
The Chili Bowl is my favorite race of the year too, JimBo! My second favorite is The 4 Crown Nationals at Eldora. Like you I'm primarily a dirt late model fan but there is some great racing besides the DLM's if a person is open minded enough to allow themselves to enjoy it.

I was lucky enough to score a couple of top row tickets right behind the flagman for this year's Chili Bowl. Got 'em from a guy that lives right in Tulsa. I wasn't really planning on going this year but we only get so many chances to score tickets like what we have for this year and we're gonna' be there. Can't wait!

JimBo
12-18-2015, 12:57 PM
Great seats CIRF! Our seats are on the third row just past the flagman. I have a friend looking for a couple of tickets if you hear of any others for sale.

CIRF
12-18-2015, 01:25 PM
Great seats CIRF! Our seats are on the third row just past the flagman. I have a friend looking for a couple of tickets if you hear of any others for sale.

JimBo, check Indiana Open Wheel or Hoseheads for tickets for sale. I hope you find some. If I hear of any for sale I"ll let you know. Good luck! Hope you have a GREAT time.

Oh, by the way, the entry list has grown to 250 cars and is getting higher every day!