PDA

View Full Version : 74 Years Ago Today..........

CIRF
12-07-2015, 12:10 PM
This is off topic but bears a mention and a moment of reflection and maybe even a prayer or two. 74 years ago today our country was viciously attacked on a beautiful Sunday morning at Pearl Harbor on the Hawaiian Islands.

Over 2400 lives were violently ended in a cowardly and unprovoked attack by the Japanese. We should forever honor those who lost their lives. One way is to NEVER, EVER forget this day.

http://www.4m.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=55533&d=1449511007

golddirt
12-07-2015, 12:16 PM
I agree whole heartedly

Cardirt0
12-07-2015, 12:41 PM
My Uncle was there in the Army... He use too say that was one day he would never forget....

CIRF
12-07-2015, 12:53 PM
Cardirt, please tell your uncle that a knucklehead on 4M thanks him for his service.

Cardirt0
12-07-2015, 01:09 PM
Cardirt, please tell your uncle that a knucklehead on 4M thanks him for his service.

Would love too but he died about 20 years a go.. The wounds he got later in the War Shorten his life.. He did make it back after 3 landing on Islands.. Were he was wounded on the 3 one....He use too say I was just one of Manny that though I was lucky too make it home....

CIRF
12-07-2015, 01:58 PM
Would love too but he died about 20 years a go.. The wounds he got later in the War Shorten his life.. He did make it back after 3 landing on Islands.. Were he was wounded on the 3 one....He use too say I was just one of Manny that though I was lucky too make it home....

Sorry to hear that Cardirt. Those guys were a special bunch. Whether they wanted to or not they kept their mouth shut, followed orders, did what was necessary (in some cases a lot more than was necessary) with honor and bravery and came back home and went on with their lives as if nothing had happened to them. I'm not sure we'd have the same devotion today from the masses if a situation would arise that we needed every able bodied man and woman to defeat an evil enemy like the one we faced in WW II. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't get that feeling.

The ones we have serving today are equally as special as the guys that went before them, I just don't think there is enough of them.

Cardirt0
12-07-2015, 05:24 PM
Sorry to hear that Cardirt. Those guys were a special bunch. Whether they wanted to or not they kept their mouth shut, followed orders, did what was necessary (in some cases a lot more than was necessary) with honor and bravery and came back home and went on with their lives as if nothing had happened to them. I'm not sure we'd have the same devotion today from the masses if a situation would arise that we needed every able bodied man and woman to defeat an evil enemy like the one we faced in WW II. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't get that feeling.

The ones we have serving today are equally as special as the guys that went before them, I just don't think there is enough of them.

YEA the Kids too day are Me Me Me.. but you go too a Post and the young men serving Say,, Us Us Us so there are some that will do what needs too be DONE.....Just hope there are enough....

dirtMAN007
12-07-2015, 08:22 PM
If we had a commander in chief with any American blood running through his veins we could end our war on terrorism just as we ended that war !!!!!

edavis71
12-07-2015, 09:12 PM
If we had a commander in chief with any American blood running through his veins we could end our war on terrorism just as we ended that war !!!!!

Good post!!!

25drtrkr
12-07-2015, 09:14 PM

So true dirt! I just saw on facebook, a video that shows Lt. Col. Ralph Peters, on national tv, call Obama a p***y on the way he is dealing with ISIS! Im glad someone in the military has a "pair"!

zyoung25
12-07-2015, 09:47 PM
My grandfather served in WWII. One of his stories from the war here.

He and a doc from Switzerland were down in trench, and they heard something whistling, looked up and here come missle. They both ran seperate ways and hit the dirt and just waited for it to take them out. Somehow the missle went into the ground, passed through the trench between them and stuck in the bank about half way, they waited awhile before they moved cuz they didn't want to get shot at again. It never did go off.

If it had went off.....I wouldn't have ever heard that story. He was just a plane mechanic, but he was near iwo jima when the flag got raised. He never really talked much about his war stories, but this one really stood out to me.

mud duck
12-07-2015, 11:01 PM
[QUOTE=CIRF;1971093]This is off topic but bears a mention and a moment of reflection and maybe even a prayer or two. 74 years ago today our country was viciously attacked on a beautiful Sunday morning at Pearl Harbor on the Hawaiian Islands.

Over 2400 lives were violently ended in a cowardly and unprovoked attack by the Japanese. We should forever honor those who lost their lives. One way is to NEVER, EVER forget this day.

Great Post CIRF!! We will never forget!! It's just a shame some have to bring up their political views every time they get a chance! The post was originally meant to honor those who we lost on Dec 11 1941 and those who protect!!

mud duck
12-07-2015, 11:04 PM
[QUOTE=CIRF;1971093]This is off topic but bears a mention and a moment of reflection and maybe even a prayer or two. 74 years ago today our country was viciously attacked on a beautiful Sunday morning at Pearl Harbor on the Hawaiian Islands.

Great Post CIRF!! We will never forget!! It's just a shame some have to bring up their political views every time they get a chance! The post was originally meant to honor those who we lost on Dec 11 1941 and those who protect!!

7th. Sorry about that!!

dirtMAN007
12-08-2015, 07:04 AM
my post was not political in any way !!!! it was american !!!!! a proper war on terrorism would not only honor those who lost their lives at pearl harbor but honor every person who fought for what this country used to be !!!!

25drtrkr
12-08-2015, 08:01 AM
my post was not political in any way !!!! it was american !!!!! a proper war on terrorism would not only honor those who lost their lives at pearl harbor but honor every person who fought for what this country used to be !!!!

Yes.....that was my intent also! My grandfather was a WW2 veteran also. We need more true Americans like him and all the veterans who served our country!

AnonymousNate
12-08-2015, 12:05 PM
Unprovoked my A$$.... Roosevelt Provoked them.. Just another false flag attack to get us into the 2nd World War.... Just like 9/11.... I honestly do feel for our armed forces so called fighting for our so called freedom....

CIRF
12-08-2015, 01:01 PM
Take your political bull$hit somewhere else.

This thread was started because the thousands of men and women who died on December 7th, 1941 should be remembered and honored.

If you want to debate the validity of whether or not the Pearl Harbor attack was provoked or not then start a thread and make your case, if that's possible given your nearly incomprehensible style, but don't post your drivel here.

AnonymousNate
12-08-2015, 06:12 PM
aw did I but hurt the ''american'' sheep... death is a part of life... But to provoke a ''nation'' into attacking another taking 1000's if innocent lifes for no reason.. you dam right il ''voice'' my opinion when and how I want!! Why because I am me I don't give two sh!its less what people think....

Cardirt0
12-08-2015, 06:38 PM
aw did I but hurt the ''american'' sheep... death is a part of life... But to provoke a ''nation'' into attacking another taking 1000's if innocent lifes for no reason.. you dam right il ''voice'' my opinion when and how I want!! Why because I am me I don't give two sh!its less what people think....

Just like we don't give a Cats A$$ what you think.....Or as some would say DONT think....

CIRF
12-09-2015, 10:59 AM

Opinion? You post jibberish, with 2nd grade level spelling and grammar to boot. You have to work to make any sense out of what you post, let alone extract an actual opinion from it.

Is that you litey? LOL!

AnonymousNate
12-09-2015, 06:36 PM
Power to the sheep!!!!!!!!!!!

25drtrkr
12-09-2015, 06:59 PM
Opinion? You post jibberish, with 2nd grade level spelling and grammar to boot. You have to work to make any sense out of what you post, let alone extract an actual opinion from it.

Is that you litey? LOL!

If it isn't, its his twin brother! lol