PDA

View Full Version : LucasOilRacing TV-Nice!!

Late_Model_Mark
12-09-2015, 05:53 PM
Check out the story of this new venture over on the front page at www.Latemodelracer.com.

This should be great!

Late Model Mark
TST Announcer

CarolinaDirt
12-09-2015, 05:57 PM
$4.99 a month what's not to like .

george w
12-10-2015, 06:54 AM
I didn't see anything on pricing an I'm intrested to know what type of live events they'll broadcast? Mabe more details will be made available in the near future.

153J
12-10-2015, 07:17 AM
http://lucasoilracing.tv/

shows pricing

BerckFan
12-10-2015, 08:01 AM
At first sight this deal looks promising. $60/year, not bad at all. But, I have some questions that I'm sure will be answered fairly soon, one being the price tag on streaming live events. Another is the relationship the series will have with DOD. Will they eventually go the way of removing DOD's ability to stream Lucas events? How about the the heat, feature and interviews that I go to DOD for every morning following a Lucas event? If I'm running Lucas.tv I'm wanting those rights for my site OR at the least I'm going to reduce the amount of footage I'm going to allow DOD to put up on their site. I'm not gonna lie, as a DOD subscriber this concerns me. Hopefully they are able to work together without reducing DOD's coverage. But if that does happen, what's the incentive of subscribing to Lucas.tv?

W2Racing09
12-10-2015, 08:24 AM
At first sight this deal looks promising. $60/year, not bad at all. But, I have some questions that I'm sure will be answered fairly soon, one being the price tag on streaming live events. Another is the relationship the series will have with DOD. Will they eventually go the way of removing DOD's ability to stream Lucas events? How about the the heat, feature and interviews that I go to DOD for every morning following a Lucas event? If I'm running Lucas.tv I'm wanting those rights for my site OR at the least I'm going to reduce the amount of footage I'm going to allow DOD to put up on their site. I'm not gonna lie, as a DOD subscriber this concerns me. Hopefully they are able to work together without reducing DOD's coverage. But if that does happen, what's the incentive of subscribing to Lucas.tv?

They have partnerships with a lot of companies so I'm assuming the advertising on Lucas Oil TV will likely have a bigger role. More like an actual TV show or NASCAR race with 7-8 commercials during cautions, etc. From my understanding it looks like this will be making an attempt to be like an actual TV channel. As a result it seems to me they could not (or should not) be charging extra money for live races.

Thanks,
Jeff.

MRM
12-10-2015, 08:57 AM
This is the future of TV. With so many people "cutting the cord", many networks and channels are realizing they need to be able to stream their product online. And since a channel like MavTV can't get onto all cable and satellite systems, this is their way to make sure everyone has access to it. They are ahead of the curve on this and I think it's a great move.

SnakeX3
12-10-2015, 05:05 PM
As one of those that got cut off from MavTV, this will make it a bit less painful. This is killer! They even have the Dave Despain Show! As much as I love DoD, they still don't show the full race. Hopefully they'll show all the heats and last chance races too.

On...and just an edit to say thanks to Late_Model_Mark. You made my freckin' day! :)

Late_Model_Mark
12-10-2015, 06:16 PM
You are welcome sir, I think this deal is going to be good.

Late Model Mark
Talladega Short Track Announcer

zyoung25
12-10-2015, 06:37 PM
Outside of the dirt racing, I'm just glad I'll be able to watch both motos of mx and not have to wait 4 hours between each one. Now you watch one live, and several hours later the other is shown.

SnakeX3
12-11-2015, 07:12 AM
Here's another article I found that is a bit more in-depth. The site is a hassle to navigate, but the story is there and it's good. For those that don't feel like reading it, basically it says that Lucas TV is a natural extension of and grew out of MavTV. In short, they already have the trucks, cameras and personnel at the track for the network shows so all they had to do was add an internet connection and they can cover events online more completely than they are able to do with MavTV.

http://www.pe.com/articles/lucas-788931-oil-racing.html

TackyTracker
12-11-2015, 03:29 PM
DoD still has a place in the sport I think..

153J
01-03-2016, 02:13 PM
i emailed to ask about what live late model events they would be doing
received a reply stating they currently have plans to live stream :
3 nights from golden isles
the last night from east bay
the newly added race at bubbas

beyond that they are still working things out

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-03-2016, 02:35 PM
DoD still has a place in the sport I think..

This will certainly impact their business.

Josh Bayko
01-03-2016, 03:26 PM
This will certainly impact their business.

This is very likely, but I think DoD will be fine. They can focus on WoO, regional sanction, and unsanctioned races to do their PPV stuff. I mean, they already partner with Dirtvision a bunch, just exploit that some more.

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-03-2016, 03:55 PM
This is very likely, but I think DoD will be fine. They can focus on WoO, regional sanction, and unsanctioned races to do their PPV stuff. I mean, they already partner with Dirtvision a bunch, just exploit that some more.

DoD will still have exclusive coverage of super late models with that coverage. Lol. I too think it will be fine for them.

Josh Bayko
01-03-2016, 04:05 PM
DoD will still have exclusive coverage of super late models with that coverage. Lol. I too think it will be fine for them.

They'll still have the Firecracker, PDC, USA Nationals and World Finals. I can imagine those shows alone make them plenty of money.

153J
01-03-2016, 04:30 PM
in the same email it went on to explain that not all races will be live, not all races will be taped
some will be tape delayed, similar to how they are for traditional tv airing... but, instead of having to wait weeks or months the wait might be a few days

i really dont think itll have any effect on dod, speedshift speed51 racefeedx the cushion racindirt racinboys imcatv all coexist, so there must be enough pie to go around

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-03-2016, 05:02 PM
in the same email it went on to explain that not all races will be live, not all races will be taped
some will be tape delayed, similar to how they are for traditional tv airing... but, instead of having to wait weeks or months the wait might be a few days

i really dont think itll have any effect on dod, speedshift speed51 racefeedx the cushion racindirt racinboys imcatv all coexist, so there must be enough pie to go around

DoD would most likely not be allowed to broad cast Lucas races. They would now be a direct competitor. The biggest impact is that Lucas will now be able to also provide behind the scenes coverage during a weekend as well.

The loss of Lucas broadcast rights would certainly change their current mix of races covered. Lucas now sanctions many of the premier events.

153J
01-03-2016, 05:11 PM
also in the email...

hell , i might as well copy n paste it :

Here's what I can tell you...
We haven't figured out what all of our live event schedule will look like for 2016 yet but I can tell you that we already have some live Late Model Dirt Series events scheduled for February. We are planning on doing 3 days at Golden Isles, the final day of racing at the East Bay Winternationals as well as the newly added event at Bubba Raceway Park the following day.

I can't guarantee how much LOLMDS we will do this season because honestly its too early to tell. But we know that this is a very appealing feature of our platform and our goal is to grow in both live and slightly tape delayed feeds that get you the racing you want to see much faster than we can currently on traditional television.

All Late Model Dirt Series events that have ever been showed on television have been delayed... sometimes by a couple weeks, sometimes by a month or more. When I mentioned "Slightly Tape Delayed Feeds"... the plan there is to at least get the racing to you much faster... for instance, if a race is on a Saturday, we hope to have the unedited version of the race up on the following Monday or Tuesday. That would be for shows that we are at but can't stream live.

Additionally, we are also talking to other partners to shoot at events we can't attend. "We" being Lucas Oil Production Studios.

We can't turn everything on overnight but I can tell you that this is our plan for the future of Lucas Oil Racing TV. I hope this helps answer your question. And yes, we will definitely be adding more information to the webpage as it is available as well. Thank you for your feedback.

LMPunk
01-03-2016, 06:39 PM
So are we thinking because of this DoD won't be able to show heat/feature highlights next day like they have been, even for events that MavTV have taped to air on TV months later? The DoD PPVs for Lucas shows I get, but you think they'll cut out all videoing for shows that are being streamed on the Lucas online deal?

Kwd1253
01-03-2016, 07:41 PM
So are we thinking because of this DoD won't be able to show heat/feature highlights next day like they have been, even for events that MavTV have taped to air on TV months later? The DoD PPVs for Lucas shows I get, but you think they'll cut out all videoing for shows that are being streamed on the Lucas online deal? that a good question LMPunk, but if no can answer it. I'm still keep my dod account no matter what and try first mth lucas.TV see i like it or not. If I pay 100+ for both for a year it well worth to me.

Kromulous
01-04-2016, 10:01 AM
If your worred about the 2nd coming of Nascar, you better be worried about this.

All this says is, there is money in Late Model racing. Once the sponsors get in on it, and the money comes down things will never be the same.

Josh Bayko
01-04-2016, 10:18 AM
If your worred about the 2nd coming of Nascar, you better be worried about this.

All this says is, there is money in Late Model racing. Once the sponsors get in on it, and the money comes down things will never be the same.

Not all late model racing though. Lucas isn't the only game in town. If costs on the Lucas get to NASCRAP levels, WoO and the smaller sanctions could thrive as an outlet for racers that don't have the multimillion dollar budgets that Lucas would require.

I mean, think about it, the Lucas series has like 12 cars that follow it. There's literally thousands of late models out there that want to race. They'll find a way to race.

champion24
01-27-2016, 03:52 PM
So, no Android app yet? Anyone get it to work with Chromecast? Thanks

Clayton_Wetter
01-27-2016, 04:02 PM
So as they branch off the viewers will have to pay for several packages instead of one, in order to see them all. Get out your credit cards often!!

huskerdirt
01-27-2016, 04:28 PM
So as they branch off the viewers will have to pay for several packages instead of one, in order to see them all. Get out your credit cards often!!

Quite possibly the dumbest thing I've read on here.

Sambo
01-27-2016, 09:06 PM

Lets low ball 5 PPV races at $25 a piece on DOD...Same 5 races on Lucas Oil TV all included with many more to come at $60 a year...Thats a tough one >!?!<

starrette fan
01-27-2016, 09:19 PM
does anyone know if golden isles , east bay and bubba races will be live streaming for paid subscribers or will they be pay per view at a extra cost ? I`m thinking about subscribing...

huskerdirt
01-27-2016, 09:40 PM
does anyone know if golden isles , east bay and bubba races will be live streaming for paid subscribers or will they be pay per view at a extra cost ? I`m thinking about subscribing...

They will be live via subscription.

All 3 nights at Golden Isles. 1 night at Eastbay on the 13th and then Bubba the next night.

KAOS
01-27-2016, 09:42 PM
If buy a monthly or yearly subscription that is all you pay. They may have seperate one time PPV only price like they did for the chili bowl IDK

huskerdirt
01-27-2016, 09:43 PM
Lets low ball 5 PPV races at $25 a piece on DOD...Same 5 races on Lucas Oil TV all included with many more to come at $60 a year...Thats a tough one >!?!<

Why troll a post that was made 45 days ago about something that had very little information available at the time?

Asking for a friend......;)