PDA

View Full Version : Lucas Oil and WoO Rosters

W2Racing09
12-10-2015, 06:42 PM
I made one of these threads last year around this time so we can all combine what we've read and have an easy place to reference.

Here is what (I think) I've read so far.

WoO

#1 Josh Richards (Rocket)
#25 Shane Clanton (Capital)
#18 Chase Junghans (Capital)
#98 Frank Heckenast (Club 29)
#7V Rick Eckert (Longhorn)
#14M Morgan Bagley (Club 29)
#B1 Paul Wilmoth Jr. (Bloomquist)
#1W Dillon Wood (Rocket)
#76 Brandon Overton (Victory by Moyer)
#99B Boom Briggs (Longhorn)
#1* Chub Frank (Longhorn)
#9C Steve Casebolt (Rocket)
#3S Brian Shirley (Longhorn)
#2 Joey Coulter (Rocket)
#21 Billy Moyer Jr. (Victory by Moyer)

Unsure

#18 Eric Wells (Bloomquist?)
#22 Chris Ferguson (Longhorn)
#2 Dennis Franklin (Longhorn)
#77 Jordan Yaggy (Rocket)

LOLMDS

#0 Scott Bloomquist (Bloomquist)
#6 Jonathan Davenport (Longhorn)
#20 Jimmy Owens (BWRC?)
#5 Don O'Neal (Club 29)
#15 Darrel Lanigan (Club 29)
#1 Earl Pearson Jr. (Black Diamond)
#777 Jared Landers (Bloomquist)
#B5 Brandon Sheppard (Rocket)
#28 Dennis Erb (Black Diamond)
#15 Steve Francis (Black Diamond)
#28 Eddie Carrier Jr. (Rocket)
#99 Devin Moran (BWRC)
#157 Mike Marlar (Capital)
#39 Tim McCreadie (Longhorn)

Unsure

#21 Chris Brown (Black Diamond)

huskerdirt
12-10-2015, 06:48 PM
Francis is running Lucas.

I would cross Jordan Yaggy off the WoO list. Just a hunch.

W2Racing09
12-10-2015, 06:51 PM
Francis is running Lucas.

I would cross Jordan Yaggy off the WoO list. Just a hunch.

Did Francis announce that for sure? I read on DoD that the Optima Batteries sponsorship was just for the show for now and wasn't final for 2016.

I figured Yaggy wouldn't be running in 2016 (unfortunately) he still wasn't super fast, but he came a long way in 2015 IMO.

Thanks,
Jeff.

huskerdirt
12-10-2015, 06:57 PM
Did Francis announce that for sure? I read on DoD that the Optima Batteries sponsorship was just for the show for now and wasn't final for 2016.

I figured Yaggy wouldn't be running in 2016 (unfortunately) he still wasn't super fast, but he came a long way in 2015 IMO.

Thanks,
Jeff.

I wouldn't think that would be the case. I'm just assuming that's a full time deal. I could be wrong though.

dorman19
12-10-2015, 07:02 PM
#39 Tim McCreadie switching to longhorn

MasterSbilt_Racer
12-10-2015, 07:09 PM
#39 Tim McCreadie switching to longhorn

And running Lucas, correct?

W2Racing09
12-10-2015, 07:17 PM
And running Lucas, correct?

I heard that rumor but have seen it confirmed no where other than 4m.

Thanks,
Jeff.

Josh Bayko
12-10-2015, 08:14 PM
I heard that rumor but have seen it confirmed no where other than 4m.

Thanks,
Jeff.

I heard it from a very solid source, too.

mccreadiefan39
12-10-2015, 08:42 PM
I heard it from a very solid source, too.

Same here,

Back at Super Dirt Week I was told Longhorn and Lucas Series for T-Mac in 2016

GEAR_HEAD
12-10-2015, 08:42 PM

Thanks,
Jeff.

Running Lucas is one of Optima's stipulations. That's why ECJ turned them down, he wasn't ready to commit to Lucas after his below average year this year.

latemodel86
12-10-2015, 11:20 PM
Read that Devin Moran will be driving for Tommy Pope via Facebook. It did not say if he would be full time with Pope, but that Pope bought two BWRC cars from Clint Bowyer Racing and will try to run the first few races of the Lucas tour and follow the tour partially if they are able.

WisWildManFan
12-10-2015, 11:40 PM
Billy Moyer jr sounded like he may try to run outlaws in DOD pri clip

Escobar
12-11-2015, 07:15 AM
Paul Wilmoth Jr will be running for WoO rookie of the year.

W2Racing09
12-11-2015, 08:35 AM
Were Casebolt and Moyer Jr. to jump onboard with the WoO that would be a very noticeable increase in talent with the WoO. It would still be nowhere near close but I think it is definitely going to help them.

Thanks,
Jeff.

W2Racing09
12-11-2015, 08:42 AM
Here are a few other drivers I was wondering about:

Mason Ziegler (Has too much talent to not be racing Nationally)
Bub McCool (Would like to see him back racing Nationally)
Randy Weaver (Going to continue just running regional events?)
Tim Fuller (heard he lost/is losing his BBM ride)
Jordan Yaggy (What is he going to be doing if not running WoO)
Ricky Weiss (Making the jump to the National Stage?)
Bobby Pierce (Going to continue just running regional events?)
Clint Smith (Back to the National tour? Ultimate would be a good fit for him)
Kent Robinson (Just running regionally?)

Also heard some news regarding Clint Smith's former car owner? Will he be on tour?

Thanks,
Jeff.

huskerdirt
12-11-2015, 12:56 PM

Also heard some news regarding Clint Smith's former car owner? Will he be on tour?

Thanks,
Jeff.

I don't expect any of those guys to run national tours of any sort except maybe Ziegler. Even that might be a stretch.

Yaggy will run around Minnesota with CBC/MARS/MLRA. Clint Smith is enjoying just racing local now.

Todd and Dillion Wood just got back into it like yesterday. I don't foresee them jumping in to national scene just yet (if at all).

00Hdmn
12-11-2015, 03:08 PM
I made one of these threads last year around this time so we can all combine what we've read and have an easy place to reference.

Here is what (I think) I've read so far.

WoO
#1 Josh Richards (Rocket)
#25 Shane Clanton (Capital)
#18 Chase Junghans (Capital)
#98 Frank Heckenast (Club 29)
#7V Rick Eckert (Longhorn)
#14M Morgan Bagley (Club 29)
#B1 Paul Wilmoth Jr. (Kryptonite?)

Unsure

#76 Brandon Overton (?)
#99B Boom Briggs (Longhorn)
#1* Chub Frank (Longhorn)
#9C Steve Casebolt (Rocket)
#18 Eric Wells (Bloomquist?)
#21 Billy Moyer Jr. (Victory)

LOLMDS

#0 Scott Bloomquist (Bloomquist)
#6 Jonathan Davenport (Longhorn)
#20 Jimmy Owens (BWRC?)
#5 Don O'Neal (Club 29)
#15 Darrel Lanigan (Club 29)
#1 Earl Pearson Jr. (Black Diamond)
#777 Jared Landers (Bloomquist)
#B5 Brandon Sheppard (Rocket)

Unsure

#99 Devin Moran (BWRC)
#28 Dennis Erb (Black Diamond)
#15 Steve Francis (Black Diamond)
#39 Tim McCreadie (Longhorn)

Paul Wilmouth will be in Bloomquist cars.

pink floyd
12-11-2015, 03:17 PM
Paul Wilmouth will be in Bloomquist cars.

and Austin Hargrove will be turning the wrenches. they will be fine.

Pennsboro23
12-11-2015, 06:26 PM
Interesting move by Wilmoth.

Josh Bayko
12-11-2015, 06:32 PM
and Austin Hargrove will be turning the wrenches. they will be fine.

I'm sure Austin will be much happier racing all season instead of the couple months a year Davey J likes to.

pink floyd
12-11-2015, 07:33 PM
I'm sure Austin will be much happier racing all season instead of the couple months a year Davey J likes to.

for sure, Austin lives to race.

bleedblue55
12-11-2015, 09:05 PM
Interesting move by Wilmoth.

Paul and Austin had their Bloomer at Charlotte last month.

zyoung25
12-11-2015, 09:55 PM

Thanks,
Jeff.

Weiss has intentions every year but never makes it through Florida before changing his mind.

Clint and Kent own and operate their businesses, I see them running regionally.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Weaver try Lucas up until Wheatland.

Paul has had that car for awhile. I believe he ran it at the UFO race at Tyler back in July. It was rumored that is Madden's Sweet/Bloomquist car.

BadlandsBandit12
12-12-2015, 01:10 AM
how about these guys, Ryan Gustin? Chris Simpson?

I heard Eddie Carrier might run the outlaws somewhere on facebook.

BadlandsBandit12
12-12-2015, 01:16 AM
How about Mike Marlar, what are his plans? Same for Chris Madden?

bleedblue55
12-12-2015, 06:41 AM
Paul has had that car for awhile. I believe he ran it at the UFO race at Tyler back in July. It was rumored that is Madden's Sweet/Bloomquist car.

Believe DaveyJ and Austin ran a Bloomer too in limited action during 2015. Good luck to Paul Wilmoth, local guy I've watched his entire career.

waaac77
12-12-2015, 07:30 AM
how about these guys, Ryan Gustin? Chris Simpson?

I heard Eddie Carrier might run the outlaws somewhere on facebook.

Gustin will probably run the MLRA tour again, not sure why he doesn't run a national tour we all know he can wheel it. Must be afraid to run with the big boys since his f-up at the Silver Dollar a few years back.
I'm sure Simpson will stay around Iowa, probably couldn't hack it on such a grueling national tour schedule.
Not sure about Carrier but he'll probably run the Lucas tour or stay around home I don't see him jumping on the WoO tour at all

MasterSbilt_Racer
12-12-2015, 07:46 AM
Gustin will probably run the MLRA tour again, not sure why he doesn't run a national tour we all know he can wheel it. Must be afraid to run with the big boys since his f-up at the Silver Dollar a few years back.
I'm sure Simpson will stay around Iowa, probably couldn't hack it on such a grueling national tour schedule.
Not sure about Carrier but he'll probably run the Lucas tour or stay around home I don't see him jumping on the WoO tour at all

Living out west, it would cost a fortune to run a tour. No way Carrier runs Lucas after giving up his Lucas rent a sponsor.

huskerdirt
12-12-2015, 09:06 AM

I highly doubt Gustin is afraid of running with the big boys considering he is at virtually every Lucas show in that part of the area. The guy has a family and such. Those things go into consideration when deciding how to race. I know it's hard for your mind to wrap itself around that concept. But give it a shot.

Josh Bayko
12-12-2015, 09:34 AM

You do know that Carrier ran the WoO for a couple years before he ran Lucas, right? Considering the number of WoO races within relatively short distance from home base in 2016, It's not out of the realm of possibility that he could do it once again.

bleedblue55
12-12-2015, 10:43 AM
You do know that Carrier ran the WoO for a couple years before he ran Lucas, right? Considering the number of WoO races within relatively short distance from home base in 2016, It's not out of the realm of possibility that he could do it once again.
Additionally he never had a brand name corporate sponsor when doing so. Seems everyone forgets that Eddie didn't start the year with Optima, that deal was originally with Mastersbilt and Ray Cook.

zyoung25
12-12-2015, 11:55 AM
He ran all of 15 with optima on the car, 14 he started the year without them.

zach51
12-12-2015, 12:21 PM
Gustin most likely runs with the MLRA/MARS because many of those races also offer decent purses for Modifieds on the same night/weekend, and he can run both. Also on off weekends from late models he won't be hung out on the east coast somewhere and can run USMTS in the midwest for 2-3k a win on a regular night, and more than that for some of those races on his home turf. Plus, his car owner likes to be at the track with the team and I don't get the impression that he is too excited about running back and forth across the country. He doesn't need the money, just wants to race.

Kinda of the same with Stovall, minus the modified part. Lots of decent races 3,4,5 hours or less from the house.

Pennsboro23
12-12-2015, 12:25 PM

I understand that, it's an interesting move that he is chasing WoO. Paul is a good driver, and I think he could have a great year if he ran regionally. I've watched him run at Tyler County since i started going to races. The last couple years he hasn't ran very well.

bleedblue55
12-12-2015, 01:23 PM
He ran all of 15 with optima on the car, 14 he started the year without them.
You're correct on that. Just pointing out that Eddie had toured for many years without the corporate type sponsor.

huskerdirt
12-12-2015, 03:23 PM
Gustin most likely runs with the MLRA/MARS because many of those races also offer decent purses for Modifieds on the same night/weekend, and he can run both. Also on off weekends from late models he won't be hung out on the east coast somewhere and can run USMTS in the midwest for 2-3k a win on a regular night, and more than that for some of those races on his home turf. Plus, his car owner likes to be at the track with the team and I don't get the impression that he is too excited about running back and forth across the country. He doesn't need the money, just wants to race.

Kinda of the same with Stovall, minus the modified part. Lots of decent races 3,4,5 hours or less from the house.

Actually Gustin does need the money. His winnings put food on the table. He can run in the midwest with his mod and late model and make just as much as running a national tour.

zach51
12-12-2015, 03:49 PM
If you actually read what I said, the OWNER doesn't need the money, and likes to keep his cars fairly close to home.

And yes you are right, that's my whole point.

dirtMAN007
12-12-2015, 05:32 PM
Has Bloomquist
confirmed that he will run the Lucas tour in 16'?

Josh Bayko
12-12-2015, 08:27 PM
Has Bloomquist
confirmed that he will run the Lucas tour in 16'?

I'd have to imagine the moonshine and Mark Martin sponsorships will have him on the Lucas tour and their TV stuff.

zach51
12-12-2015, 08:42 PM
Bloomquist said tonight that they were going to try to win "it" this year, and he was referring to Lucas

lighting
12-18-2015, 12:50 PM
Dennis Erb will be Running Lucas Again for 2016 its on His Website

WisWildManFan
12-18-2015, 02:06 PM
Carrier sounds like he's running closer to home this year per a DOD interview. Lots of decent money races within 3 or 4 hours of him.

starrette fan
12-20-2015, 05:18 PM
Madden will more than likely run what he normally does , locally and maybe Ray Cooks series . and yes , the car Paul Wilmoth has now is Maddens Sweet-Bloomquist car

W2Racing09
12-21-2015, 10:26 AM
Updated.

Please post a link to anywhere you see an article regarding any of the drivers still on the unsure list. I don't want to start changing things because of rumors. Would like to find out (FOR SURE) where Francis, Moyer Jr, Casebolt, etc. plan to run.

Thanks,
Jeff.

flagone
12-21-2015, 11:15 AM
Dillon Wood will return to chase WoO points in 2016

rickybrown1952
01-06-2016, 01:36 PM
I made one of these threads last year around this time so we can all combine what we've read and have an easy place to reference.Here is what (I think) I've read so far.WoO#1 Josh Richards (Rocket)#25 Shane Clanton (Capital)#18 Chase Junghans (Capital)#98 Frank Heckenast (Club 29)#7V Rick Eckert (Longhorn)#14M Morgan Bagley (Club 29)#B1 Paul Wilmoth Jr. (Bloomquist)Unsure#76 Brandon Overton (?)#99B Boom Briggs (Longhorn)#1* Chub Frank (Longhorn)#9C Steve Casebolt (Rocket)#18 Eric Wells (Bloomquist?)#21 Billy Moyer Jr. (Victory)LOLMDS#0 Scott Bloomquist (Bloomquist)#6 Jonathan Davenport (Longhorn)#20 Jimmy Owens (BWRC?)#5 Don O'Neal (Club 29)#15 Darrel Lanigan (Club 29)#1 Earl Pearson Jr. (Black Diamond)#777 Jared Landers (Bloomquist)#B5 Brandon Sheppard (Rocket)#28 Dennis Erb (Black Diamond)Unsure#99 Devin Moran (BWRC)#15 Steve Francis (Black Diamond)#39 Tim McCreadie (Longhorn)steve francis and Logan racing announced today that they will be running lolmds in 2016. Oh yeah

TJHTA42
01-06-2016, 02:59 PM
You better listen to davenport's interview on dirt nation. Sounds to me like they are going to see how the rules change in other series. Have not made a commitment to lucas or any other series

KAOS
01-06-2016, 03:21 PM
Carrier has the Feb /March Lucas Oil Races listed on his website

W2Racing09
01-06-2016, 04:05 PM
Updated -- Still just listed ECJ as unsure for Lucas, as running the first few months does not really mean they intent to run that series. Thanks for the update though I added him to the list.

Also added Dillon Wood to WoO and Steve Francis to Lucas (Sadly).

Anyone have updates on Moyer Jr. and Casebolt? Would be great to see WoO pick up both of them.

Thanks,
Jeff.

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-06-2016, 04:11 PM
Francis unofficially announced Lucas the day his wrap was revealed.

plunks7
01-06-2016, 04:16 PM
Updated -- Still just listed ECJ as unsure for Lucas, as running the first few months does not really mean they intent to run that series. Thanks for the update though I added him to the list.

Also added Dillon Wood to WoO and Steve Francis to Lucas (Sadly).

Anyone have updates on Moyer Jr. and Casebolt? Would be great to see WoO pick up both of them.

Thanks,
Jeff.

Why wouldn't Jr. Jr. run the SN Tour after what he did last year? Closer to Dads shop. Casebolt would have to have the start he did last year to run a Tour.

onlyfacts
01-06-2016, 07:09 PM
You better listen to davenport's interview on dirt nation. Sounds to me like they are going to see how the rules change in other series. Have not made a commitment to lucas or any other seriesI think your correct... I won't be surprised to see JD becoming a WOO regular this year. We will have to wait and see.

macro646
01-06-2016, 08:11 PM
Dillon Wood will return to chase WoO points in 2016

What is the deal with him? He has appeared to make a comeback a few times, but it always seems short lived.

Kwd1253
01-06-2016, 08:29 PM
I think your correct... I won't be surprised to see JD becoming a WOO regular this year. We will have to wait and see.His site says he running full lucas tho, maybe him and Kevin are trolling?

Josh Bayko
01-07-2016, 07:16 AM
His site says he running full lucas tho, maybe him and Kevin are trolling?

Considering the trolling they've both done on Twitter, I'm gonna say this is an extremely likely scenario.

flagone
01-07-2016, 09:52 AM
Dillon is still a young guy and he has become disenchanted with racing at times. He seems to now be pretty focused and ready to get after it. He has a great dad and mom that fully support him. So he is ready to go.

WisWildManFan
01-07-2016, 10:09 AM
Carrier is not intending on running the full lucas tour. I can't see outlaws not mandating same rules as lucas and I can't see JD not returning to lucas to at least try to prove they can out smart those guys again.

jog49
01-07-2016, 10:39 AM
I do hope that Davenport and the Rumleys tell the Lucas Oil/Bloomquist series where to stick it and run the WoO Series. It would sound better, in my opinion, to be able to say one is both the WoO champion and the Lucas Oil
champion.....from a career achievement standpoint.

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-07-2016, 11:30 AM
Carrier is not intending on running the full lucas tour. I can't see outlaws not mandating same rules as lucas and I can't see JD not returning to lucas to at least try to prove they can out smart those guys again.

Why would WoO have to follow Lucas with rules? Lucas put themselves on an island. Why follow? It is ludicrous that a handful of drivers and a couple series tech officials, lacking technical expertise, would dictate rules for thousands of racers.

Barbecueboy
01-07-2016, 11:47 AM
Why would WoO have to follow Lucas with rules? Lucas put themselves on an island. Why follow? It is ludicrous that a handful of drivers and a couple series tech officials, lacking technical expertise, would dictate rules for thousands of racers.

Lends creedence to the old phrase, it's who you know, not what you know........

Either way and whatever happens,I'm sure there is some " figuring out" sessions going on in and around the trinity nc region.

It may not be the complete hog tying like last year,but I would be shocked if the success isn't early and often from the 6 team.

Josh Bayko
01-07-2016, 11:53 AM

There is roughly a month until races start again. If the WoO was going to change their rules to match Lucas', they would have done it already.

WisWildManFan
01-07-2016, 11:57 AM
Why would WoO have to follow Lucas with rules? Lucas put themselves on an island. Why follow? It is ludicrous that a handful of drivers and a couple series tech officials, lacking technical expertise, would dictate rules for thousands of racers. Thousands of racers across the country don't want to compete against the 6 and the few others that have the budget to tune and test this "technical expertise". Why would any regional driver show up to a national series if they knew they were all behind the 8 ball when unloading from trailer.

WisWildManFan
01-07-2016, 11:58 AM
There is roughly a month until races start again. If the WoO was going to change their rules to match Lucas', they would have done it already. If this is true and the 6 runs WoO he will have way more wins then this past season... that will be fun for the fans.

Josh Bayko
01-07-2016, 12:08 PM
If this is true and the 6 runs WoO he will have way more wins then this past season... that will be fun for the fans.

Clanton, Eckert, and Richards aren't pushovers, and they have more experience at the tracks on the WoO schedule.

Josh Bayko
01-07-2016, 12:10 PM
Thousands of racers across the country don't want to compete against the 6 and the few others that have the budget to tune and test this "technical expertise". Why would any regional driver show up to a national series if they knew they were all behind the 8 ball when unloading from trailer.

If this is true, then why have both series seen full fields at all their shows the past few years?

huskerdirt
01-07-2016, 12:11 PM
People need to stop assuming Davenport is gonna walk over to WoO and run for the title.

In fact stop assuming he's even gonna run a national tour. He needs sponsor dollars and last I knew he was still looking for some.

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-07-2016, 12:17 PM
Thousands of racers across the country don't want to compete against the 6 and the few others that have the budget to tune and test this "technical expertise". Why would any regional driver show up to a national series if they knew they were all behind the 8 ball when unloading from trailer.

Funny, my thoughts are exactly the opposite of yours. I spent the last part of 2015 working on stuff and picked up speed. Why would I show up with less than my best, to race against the best, with guys who can afford to do testing that I can only dream about.

I feel handcuffed by the Lucas rules.

Anyone who thinks these rules puts them on some level playing field with the big money are fooling themselves. If you are not wind tunnel testing, shaker testing, data acq testing, you are not on a level playing field.

Josh Bayko
01-07-2016, 12:29 PM
People need to stop assuming Davenport is gonna walk over to WoO and run for the title.

In fact stop assuming he's even gonna run a national tour. He needs sponsor dollars and last I knew he was still looking for some.

I tend to agree. I see him running the high dollar shows on both national tours, Eldora's biggies, and random shows the rest of the time.

huskerdirt
01-07-2016, 12:30 PM
Funny, my thoughts are exactly the opposite of yours. I spent the last part of 2015 working on stuff and picked up speed. Why would I show up with less than my best, to race against the best, with guys who can afford to do testing that I can only dream about.

I feel handcuffed by the Lucas rules.

Anyone who thinks these rules puts them on some level playing field with the big money are fooling themselves. If you are not wind tunnel testing, shaker testing, data acq testing, you are not on a level playing field.

Please.... just stop.

I'm willing to bet you don't go fast enough to even have Lucas care what you have in you left rear.

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-07-2016, 12:36 PM
Please.... just stop.

I'm willing to bet you don't go fast enough to even have Lucas care what you have in you left rear.

I bow down to your expertise.

Everyone should stop making assumptions but you.

Barbecueboy
01-07-2016, 12:49 PM

Has it ever crossed your mind that some of the people that are chiming in on their ( the 6 team)plans for 2016 actually know them and are friends or colleagues???

Probably not,but just thought I would toss that into the mix of assumptions.

huskerdirt
01-07-2016, 01:08 PM
Has it ever crossed your mind that some of the people that are chiming in on their ( the 6 team)plans for 2016 actually know them and are friends or colleagues???

No.... Because every interview/statement Rumley and Davenport have said since the end of 2015 has been exactly the same. They aren't sure what they are gonna do... Partly because they need sponsor dollars(checkout those fuel prices). Once Lucas changed the shock rule. Just about everybody on here said he is going to run WoO..... assuming that's gonna happen.

The new shock rule has probably very little to do with there plans. Even if he ran WoO, he still is gonna enter some Lucas races(Brunswick for sure). So to me the thinking that JD won't run Lucas just because of the shock rule is ridiculous.

NY DIRT
01-07-2016, 02:24 PM
No.... Because every interview/statement Rumley and Davenport have said since the end of 2015 has been exactly the same. They aren't sure what they are gonna do... Partly because they need sponsor dollars(checkout those fuel prices). Once Lucas changed the shock rule. Just about everybody on here said he is going to run WoO..... assuming that's gonna happen.

The new shock rule has probably very little to do with there plans. Even if he ran WoO, he still is gonna enter some Lucas races(Brunswick for sure). So to me the thinking that JD won't run Lucas just because of the shock rule is ridiculous.

If Davenport signs up to run the full Lucas tour, He gets $700 for each event plus an extra $300 per event for being last seasons defending champion. That sounds like a thousand dollars just to unload the car. The WOO does not pay anything close to that just to unload you race car. Unless Davenport is not competitive at Brunswick, I look for him to make another run for the Lucas title because big time late model racing is a business not a hobby and the money is in the Lucas series.

Josh Bayko
01-07-2016, 02:37 PM
If Davenport signs up to run the full Lucas tour, He gets $700 for each event plus an extra $300 per event for being last seasons defending champion. That sounds like a thousand dollars just to unload the car. The WOO does not pay anything close to that just to unload you race car. Unless Davenport is not competitive at Brunswick, I look for him to make another run for the Lucas title because big time late model racing is a business not a hobby and the money is in the Lucas series.

I don't know where you get that the WoO doesn't "pay anything close to that". They pay just as much as Lucas just to show up (I think it's actually slightly more) as long as you make every show.

WisWildManFan
01-07-2016, 02:41 PM
If this is true, then why have both series seen full fields at all their shows the past few years?I'm saying if lucas did absolutely nothing to the rules, JD stayed super fast and guys like bloomer, Owens, Oneal, lanigan spent the time and money to figure out the same deal as 6 I think car counts would drop. You can look at it either way that lucas is protecting their stars against the 6 or they are thinking long term that car counts may drop if regionals don't show up. WoO and lucas are both extinct if only the series regulars show up.

Kromulous
01-07-2016, 02:56 PM
WildMan and & NY DIRT have it nailed.

All about the $$, $1000 to pull in a race track is a sweet offer for Dport to run Lucas (points champ and gaurneteed start)

DLM racing needs the poor schleps, and the faster regional guys to race. Hell were the ones that buy the parts at retail, or a slight discounts. So they can inturn sponsors these hot shots.

Protect the box, I prefer to see it WildMans way.

Josh Bayko
01-07-2016, 03:02 PM
I'm saying if lucas did absolutely nothing to the rules, JD stayed super fast and guys like bloomer, Owens, Oneal, lanigan spent the time and money to figure out the same deal as 6 I think car counts would drop. You can look at it either way that lucas is protecting their stars against the 6 or they are thinking long term that car counts may drop if regionals don't show up. WoO and lucas are both extinct if only the series regulars show up.

You're making a huge mistake (and Lucas is, too), by thinking that the 6 car is the one car driving costs in late model racing. It's not any one car, it's everybody, and there is no rule any sanctioning body is ever going to put in place that's going to save anybody a bit of money. The dudes that have it will spend it by the truckload, and the dudes that don't will continue to spend what they can because they're passionate about racing. The gap between the haves and have nots is no bigger now than it was 10, 20, or even 50 years ago.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
01-07-2016, 03:09 PM

Prolly yes no assumption there bbq!

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-07-2016, 03:25 PM
I'm saying if lucas did absolutely nothing to the rules, JD stayed super fast and guys like bloomer, Owens, Oneal, lanigan spent the time and money to figure out the same deal as 6 I think car counts would drop. You can look at it either way that lucas is protecting their stars against the 6 or they are thinking long term that car counts may drop if regionals don't show up. WoO and lucas are both extinct if only the series regulars show up.

A couple other guys figure it out. Then everyone gets it. Then everyone has a better car. Just like all the other improvements over the years.

What happened to the 6 at the dtwc and other shows down the stretch? It wasn't like people hadn't been catching up.

plunks7
01-07-2016, 04:02 PM
Am I missing something? The year before Jd had his glory. Wasn't it about Bloomquist, Owens, Lanigan ect. Running some sort of shock package that other drivers were complaining about. So they did away with what they had in the first place. And know Rumley came up with just about the same thing and let it slide.

bullring
01-07-2016, 04:16 PM
Clanton, Eckert, and Richards aren't pushovers, and they have more experience at the tracks on the WoO schedule.

Put Bloomquist, Owens, and Oneal against those 3 guys and Lucas wins 9 out of 10 times.

Josh Bayko
01-07-2016, 04:20 PM
Put Bloomquist, Owens, and Oneal against those 3 guys and Lucas wins 9 out of 10 times.

Hardly. Owens won 2 races last year. O'Neal won 1 race last year. The perceived strength of the Lucas series rests mostly on Bloomer and Davenport.

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-07-2016, 04:26 PM
Am I missing something? The year before Jd had his glory. Wasn't it about Bloomquist, Owens, Lanigan ect. Running some sort of shock package that other drivers were complaining about. So they did away with what they had in the first place. And know Rumley came up with just about the same thing and let it slide.

You couldn't be more wrong. Rumley beat them with steel, rod ends, and pieces of rubber. No exotic shocks or other cost prohibitive items were involved.

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-07-2016, 04:33 PM
I am all for keeping exotic pieces of expensive technology out. I am not for taking away a guys right to build a better beam axle suspension to win some races.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
01-07-2016, 04:33 PM

Rumleys trick was somthing most teams could afford. Bloomers shock deal was very pricy.

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-07-2016, 04:37 PM
Rumleys trick was somthing most teams could afford. Bloomers shock deal was very pricy.

Every team.

brainbucket
01-07-2016, 04:46 PM

Really because last year Clanton took 4 out of 5 at Volusia during Speedweeks.

bleedblue55
01-07-2016, 04:52 PM
Doesn't WOO pay their champion 25% more, $100,000 versus $75,000. Based on a 50 race schedule Lucas champ would have to get $500 more show up money per race than WOO to make up the difference.

chupp n bloomer fan
01-07-2016, 05:03 PM
If it was so easy and cheap, why didn't everyone have it? You all act like he went to Summit or Jegs and bought it off the shelf. It was testing, I'm guessing computer modeling, data acq, trial and error etc. was the end result expensive, no, but to get there was. Bloomer and whoever else was running them shocks, yeah they were a lot, but anyone who had the cash could get them and run them. Not need an engineering degree to get it right.

It's funny the hypocrisy on here. Bloomer or Rocket came out with this and you'd be off with their heads asap. But poor Kevin comes out with it and it was a conspiracy by Bloomer and Lucas to get it outlawed. Most of the people they talked to, chassis builders, regional, and national teams, said we gotta nip this in the butt. And Kevin wanted more defined rules, so here they are.

You wanna outlaw one thing because you don't like the guy, and allow another because you perceive him as a good ole boy. Well, it's rules, not a favoritism contest, so you outlaw one trick, mine as well get the next. And down this slope we go. And if WoO, which I don't see them doing it, doesn't follow Lucas, I think it'll hurt late models in general till they unify the rules.

And as I've said countless times. The dude is smart, JD is a wheelman, but he's too smart for dirt late models honestly. They are going to paint him in a box, right or wrong.

chupp n bloomer fan
01-07-2016, 05:08 PM
I do hope that Davenport and the Rumleys tell the Lucas Oil/Bloomquist series where to stick it and run the WoO Series. It would sound better, in my opinion, to be able to say one is both the WoO champion and the Lucas Oil
champion.....from a career achievement standpoint.How is it the Bloomquist series? Hadn't won the championship in a few years, two years ago they voted to not give him hardship points and Lucas didn't overrule it. And pretty much everyone they talked to according to Lucas, wanted something done. And Lucas made a business decision. Not going to be many cars left if you let Kevin just come up with gadget after gadget. Right or wrong, they had to do something. Because it's not like Kevin's brain is going to stop working on that device. And I don't think they can outthink him anyway, so we shall see.

Krooser
01-07-2016, 05:08 PM
I remember when one local track considered outlawing Reese bars and 1/2 leafs with a coilover since it was 'exotic' and the cost was prohibitive... but a full aluminum engine was legal.

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-07-2016, 05:10 PM
If it was so easy and cheap, why didn't everyone have it? You all act like he went to Summit or Jegs and bought it off the shelf. It was testing, I'm guessing computer modeling, data acq, trial and error etc. was the end result expensive, no, but to get there was. Bloomer and whoever else was running them shocks, yeah they were a lot, but anyone who had the cash could get them and run them. Not need an engineering degree to get it right.

It's funny the hypocrisy on here. Bloomer or Rocket came out with this and you'd be off with their heads asap. But poor Kevin comes out with it and it was a conspiracy by Bloomer and Lucas to get it outlawed. Most of the people they talked to, chassis builders, regional, and national teams, said we gotta nip this in the butt. And Kevin wanted more defined rules, so here they are.

You wanna outlaw one thing because you don't like the guy, and allow another because you perceive him as a good ole boy. Well, it's rules, not a favoritism contest, so you outlaw one trick, mine as well get the next. And down this slope we go. And if WoO, which I don't see them doing it, doesn't follow Lucas, I think it'll hurt late models in general till they unify the rules.

And as I've said countless times. The dude is smart, JD is a wheelman, but he's too smart for dirt late models honestly. They are going to paint him in a box, right or wrong.

You sure make a lot of assumptions about our motivations, Kevin's skills, and what it took to get where the 6 is.

And so do the rules makers. So here Lucas is.

bullring
01-07-2016, 05:39 PM
Hardly. Owens won 2 races last year. O'Neal won 1 race last year. The perceived strength of the Lucas series rests mostly on Bloomer and Davenport.

Did you ever think the reason they didn't win many races is because they were racing against Bloomer and Davenport? The only way Davenport loses a WOO race is his car breaks.

Josh Bayko
01-07-2016, 05:56 PM
Did you ever think the reason they didn't win many races is because they were racing against Bloomer and Davenport? The only way Davenport loses a WOO race is his car breaks.

Davenport didn't win every WoO race he was in last season, and he didn't break in any of the ones he didn't win. You can pound your chest until you're blue in the face, but you're still going to sound like an idiot.

By the way, you know which Lucas regular generally runs the best against the WoO when he runs against them? Brandon Sheppard.

NY DIRT
01-07-2016, 06:04 PM
Doesn't WOO pay their champion 25% more, $100,000 versus $75,000. Based on a 50 race schedule Lucas champ would have to get $500 more show up money per race than WOO to make up the difference.

Lucas purse money is higher then WOO. For instance a $10,000 to win Lucas race pays $800 for last position. A WOO $10,000 to win pays $700 for last. Lucas pays more bonus money then WOO. For instance Davenport collected an extra $10,000 for winning the TV race challenge which was just one of the many bonuses he collected last season

Hey, I am a WOO fan. I would love it if Davenport switched over and McCreadie stayed with the WOO. but dollars and sense says that there is more money and much more TV exposure running the Lucas series for Davenport...

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
01-07-2016, 06:24 PM
Correct me if im wrong

doesnt woo pay show up money for there regulars somthing like top 10 or 15. I remember tim fuller was getn $ just before he droped out a few yrs back.

WisWildManFan
01-07-2016, 07:31 PM
Hardly. Owens won 2 races last year. O'Neal won 1 race last year. The perceived strength of the Lucas series rests mostly on Bloomer and Davenport. If you think the strength lucas oil has over the outlaws is just perceived it might be time for you to start watching a new sport.

Josh Bayko
01-07-2016, 07:38 PM
If you think the strength lucas oil has over the outlaws is just perceived it might be time for you to start watching a new sport.

That's rich coming from you.

WisWildManFan
01-07-2016, 08:16 PM
Maybe for vacation you can come visit late model country... posse!

Josh Bayko
01-07-2016, 08:40 PM
Maybe for vacation you can come visit late model country... posse!

You clearly know nothing about the lay of the land as far as racing goes in Pennsylvania.

pink floyd
01-07-2016, 09:27 PM

in ky, that would be 33.3333 percent more.

dirtdobber45
01-07-2016, 10:19 PM
I heard an interview with JD that the only plans at the time were to go to the Ultimate race iat VMS and Brunswich was for sure and they would see from there. Maybe he runs just big money races. Theres usually a race somewhereevery weekend that pays at least 10k to win. Be a true outlaw

bullring
01-08-2016, 06:47 AM
Even Bubba decided to switch to the A series this year.

bleedblue55
01-08-2016, 07:41 AM
in ky, that would be 33.3333 percent more.
WOO pays 33% more or Lucas pays 25% less, both are correct.

pink floyd
01-08-2016, 07:53 AM
WOO pays 33% more or Lucas pays 25% less, both are correct.

correct my friend

Barbecueboy
01-08-2016, 08:12 AM

And you back them out of the equation and the Lucas series is still deeper in talent........it's not really perception.

Barbecueboy
01-08-2016, 08:36 AM
I heard an interview with JD that the only plans at the time were to go to the Ultimate race iat VMS and Brunswich was for sure and they would see from there. Maybe he runs just big money races. Theres usually a race somewhereevery weekend that pays at least 10k to win. Be a true outlaw

He should just throw out a bunch of call outs through the regional series.......throw down a cash b

I.e.......hey you bunch of wussies, think you can beat me?? Bring it

Put up a 10k bounty on himself at every race.........I would like that world of an outlaw.

chupp n bloomer fan
01-08-2016, 11:14 PM
You sure make a lot of assumptions about our motivations, Kevin's skills, and what it took to get where the 6 is.

And so do the rules makers. So here Lucas is.Assumptions about motivations? Or Kevin's skills, or what it took to get where the six is? Umm, well it's pretty freakin simple.

Assumptions about motivations, no assuming, it's in black an white, and I'm not talking about motivations. I could care less about motivations, I'm talking about hypocrisy.

Kevin's skills, wtf is there to assume. He has an engineering degree, he was an engineer for CV, he has been in racing all his life. He quit working for CV, did consulting or whatever you wanna call it for Longhorn to make them good, and put his brain to work on the 6 car. And you yourself have said what he has access too.

What it took to get the 6 there was an education, experience, trial and error, hard work, testing, money, determination, and whatever stuff he had access to through Labonte etc.

Lucas making assumptions? Well, they went to the teams, and asked them what they wanted, and the majority wanted stuff changed. So that's not assuming, that's first hand Q&A. And again, someone wanted a more defined rule book, here it is.

zyoung25
01-09-2016, 12:22 AM
http://i65.tinypic.com/4heb8i.jpg

I just wanna know how true this is?

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-09-2016, 07:54 AM
Assumptions about motivations? Or Kevin's skills, or what it took to get where the six is? Umm, well it's pretty freakin simple.

Assumptions about motivations, no assuming, it's in black an white, and I'm not talking about motivations. I could care less about motivations, I'm talking about hypocrisy.

Kevin's skills, wtf is there to assume. He has an engineering degree, he was an engineer for CV, he has been in racing all his life. He quit working for CV, did consulting or whatever you wanna call it for Longhorn to make them good, and put his brain to work on the 6 car. And you yourself have said what he has access too.

What it took to get the 6 there was an education, experience, trial and error, hard work, testing, money, determination, and whatever stuff he had access to through Labonte etc.

Lucas making assumptions? Well, they went to the teams, and asked them what they wanted, and the majority wanted stuff changed. So that's not assuming, that's first hand Q&A. And again, someone wanted a more defined rule book, here it is.

Rumley is the only engineer involved with DLM?

The inmates should run the asylumm?

Got it...

This is all a gross over reaction to a team that had a great year, the fact people didn't figure it out in 3 races, and some belief the Rumley is an unmatched wizard.

And show me where he actually said he wanted more rules.

cross55
01-09-2016, 10:14 AM
Woo series is like the retirement home! Besides Josh and shane

W2Racing09
01-26-2016, 02:07 PM
I've just updated the list based on the handicapping article on DoD.

MRM
01-26-2016, 02:14 PM
Isn't Brian Shirley starting out with WoO?

Josh Bayko
01-26-2016, 03:50 PM
Isn't Brian Shirley starting out with WoO?

Yep. Casebolt too.

Highside Hustler25
01-26-2016, 05:59 PM
http://i65.tinypic.com/4heb8i.jpg

I just wanna know how true this is?

That's the Rumley claim but who really knows for sure.

Pennsboro23
01-26-2016, 07:01 PM
Yep. Casebolt too.

I think if Casebolt runs the whole deal, he can finish top 4. I hope he runs it.

pink floyd
01-26-2016, 07:29 PM
I think if Casebolt runs the whole deal, he can finish top 4. I hope he runs it.

yes, if he has some good luck. bad luck seems to follow the c9 car.

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-27-2016, 07:16 AM
That's the Rumley claim but who really knows for sure.

You have seen the pictures. Rumley ain't a liar.

Josh Bayko
01-27-2016, 07:57 AM

I tend to agree. I hope he runs the whole deal, too, but I know Steve isn't really a fan of the grind national touring can be.

Highside Hustler25
01-27-2016, 08:18 AM
You have seen the pictures. Rumley ain't a liar.

Pictures don't mean squat and no, I'm not callin Rumley a liar. He played mind games with everyone in 2015. He could be playin mind games with you too.

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-27-2016, 08:59 AM
Pictures don't mean squat and no, I'm not callin Rumley a liar. He played mind games with everyone in 2015. He could be playin mind games with you too.

I am speaking to the under car pictures. All you guys want to keep comparing his deal to Bloomer's shocks. It is a travesty.

pink floyd
01-27-2016, 10:18 AM
the new rules did absolutely nothing to slow down the 6 car. nothing!!

WisWildManFan
01-27-2016, 10:27 AM
the new rules did absolutely nothing to slow down the 6 car. nothing!! Bold prediction right there! Guess time will tell. I think there will be more parity this year... or at least I'm hoping anyway.

pink floyd
01-27-2016, 10:38 AM
Bold prediction right there! Guess time will tell. I think there will be more parity this year... or at least I'm hoping anyway.

I'm saying that they are getting their speed elsewhere, not from the LR.

Escobar
01-27-2016, 10:57 AM

Arizona wasn't enforcing the new LOLMDS rules.

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-27-2016, 11:52 AM
I'm saying that they are getting their speed elsewhere, not from the LR.

You are at least partially wrong.

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-27-2016, 11:55 AM
Bold prediction right there! Guess time will tell. I think there will be more parity this year... or at least I'm hoping anyway.

Parity, at what cost? There may be. But, I have a feeling rules will be getting added along the way! What a joke.

Barbecueboy
01-27-2016, 12:56 PM
Arizona wasn't enforcing the new LOLMDS rules.

They enforced it on themselves........and still took home the most money.

Sorry

Barbecueboy
01-27-2016, 12:56 PM
You are at least partially wrong.

Excellent post MB........

Highside Hustler25
01-27-2016, 04:29 PM

Lets wait till the Lucas shows get fired up.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
01-27-2016, 07:02 PM
lets wait till the lucas shows get fired up.

yea i cant wait

my panties are wet thinking about it.

zyoung25
01-27-2016, 07:35 PM
yea i cant wait

I hope you're a female.....cuz I probably wouldn't have said that on here.

Kwd1253
01-27-2016, 08:15 PM
I am speaking to the under car pictures. All you guys want to keep comparing his deal to Bloomer's shocks. It is a travesty.Speaking of ol bloomer, i wonder how well he going start off at speedweeks. Since all eyes really was on rumley and jd last season. What did he do to his car to catch up with jd? Will he have the upper hand since all talk was on rumley and jd? And also what about madden, will his set up from last part of the season be approved by lucas and woo?

pink floyd
01-27-2016, 08:45 PM
They enforced it on themselves........and still took home the most money.

Sorry

correct bbq

Clayton_Wetter
01-27-2016, 08:54 PM
yea i cant wait

It's now legal to pee in public in New York City, better check it out!!!

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-27-2016, 10:56 PM
Speaking of ol bloomer, i wonder how well he going start off at speedweeks. Since all eyes really was on rumley and jd last season. What did he do to his car to catch up with jd? Will he have the upper hand since all talk was on rumley and jd? And also what about madden, will his set up from last part of the season be approved by lucas and woo?

Everything is OK by WoO, at this point. If Madden had something different, it is a no go with Lucas. Hell, a lot of normal stuff isn't allowed anymore.

LMPunk
01-28-2016, 06:29 AM
According to his interview on DoD yesterday (definitely worth a listen), sounds like Mike Marlar is going to follow the Lucas tour at least through the Show Me.

W2Racing09
01-28-2016, 08:42 AM
I went ahead and updated the list based on the following information:

T-Mac to LOLMDS based on the DoD Interview about EPJ (one of the ten things worth mentioning).
Mike Marlar to LOLMDS based on DoD Interview with Mike Marlar (Thanks LMPunk for the info)

Pennsboro23
01-28-2016, 08:47 AM
Lucas Oil this year has more talent than any series has ever had before in one season.

W2Racing09
01-28-2016, 08:52 AM
Lucas Oil this year has more talent than any series has ever had before in one season.

They do have a very impressive roster. At this point there are a couple cars that wouldn't even be earning points money, and I'm not sure who because they are all legitimate contenders. At least half of the cars on that list have a VERY GOOD chance of winning the points championship.

Thanks,
Jeff.

WisWildManFan
01-28-2016, 10:46 AM
If I was erb I would think about running the summer nationals... too many heavy hitters in Lucas for him to finish very high in the points

W2Racing09
01-28-2016, 11:02 AM
If I was erb I would think about running the summer nationals... too many heavy hitters in Lucas for him to finish very high in the points

There are a bunch of drivers for whom running the LOLMDS does not really make sense. Of course Erb is one of them, along with Carrier, Moran, and even T-Mac. They all have very good shots at picking up some wins but against the competition on the LOLMDS there will be drivers like Owens, Lanigan, and Pearson who will be struggling to get a few wins this season. The WoO really does seem like a better option for them, those four drivers mentioned would all be top 5 in the WoO.

Thanks,
Jeff.

mccreadiefan39
01-28-2016, 06:20 PM
T-Mac can't compete with the Lucas drivers?

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
01-28-2016, 06:42 PM

I think he can now but well have to see. He couldnt with his old cars but this yr might b a different story. Definatally going to be twice as tough as woo.

Pennsboro23
01-28-2016, 09:13 PM
A few of these guys are going to be very disappointed real quick. Not saying some aren't capable of winning a couple races but with the type of talent on tour this year, wins will be hard to come by.

waaac77
01-28-2016, 10:48 PM
I'm surprised Tmac is deciding to run Lucas. I'm starting to think they're paying these guys money to run the tour besides purse and tow money. Little something under the table

PushinTheLimit
01-29-2016, 08:27 AM
I don't know if he has any plans to follow the entire Lucas Oil tour this year, but Randy Weaver has all of the February Races for the LODLMS listed on his schedule.

W2Racing09
01-29-2016, 09:23 AM

Every season going into the WoO series T-Mac didn't have great odds of winning the championship, he had a chance but most people wouldn't have bet on him, that was with three or so top tier drivers (Richards, Lanigan, and Clanton). Now, he is going to race with the LOLMDS which has Davenport, Bloomquist, Owens, Pearson, ONeal, Sheppard, Lanigan, etc. T-Mac isn't going to be a perennial lapped car all season but he most certainly is going to be lucky to finish in the top 6 or 7 in points. Switching from Rocket to Longhorn isn't going to turn him into a super star overnight.

Thanks,
Jeff.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
01-29-2016, 09:27 AM
Every season going into the WoO series T-Mac didn't have great odds of winning the championship, he had a chance but most people wouldn't have bet on him, that was with three or so top tier drivers (Richards, Lanigan, and Clanton). Now, he is going to race with the LOLMDS which has Davenport, Bloomquist, Owens, Pearson, ONeal, Sheppard, Lanigan, etc. T-Mac isn't going to be a perennial lapped car all season but he most certainly is going to be lucky to finish in the top 6 or 7 in points. Switching from Rocket to Longhorn isn't going to turn him into a super star overnight.

Thanks,
Jeff.

Ok.....................

But his chassis change will most certainly help

mccreadiefan39
01-29-2016, 09:40 AM
Trust me

If Tim McCreadie didn't think he had a chance HE WOULD RETIRE

I love the move to Lucas because the money on the Lucas tour is so much greater this year plus he can still hit the 4 major WoO events (Firecracker, PDC, USA Nat'ls and World Finals)

CRK
01-29-2016, 10:00 AM
If I was erb I would think about running the summer nationals... too many heavy hitters in Lucas for him to finish very high in the pointsHe started to run better after the switch to club 29, but I agree he should make a move. If he went WOO this year he could be in top 3 in points at the end of the year. I don't think we will see him make that drastic of a move to leave both major tours for the summer nats though.

Bubstr
01-29-2016, 10:25 AM
It's a new day. If the nay sayers looked at Davenport or Clanton, this time last year, they would have said, Why, they don't have a chance.

If you can win, you think you can win, till the purse strings make you tap out. You have to be tough in the mental department to be a good racer. Nobody can beat you quicker than your own mind. This is one of the reasons, driver have hot and cold streaks. Who knows, who is going to get hot tomorrow.

chupp n bloomer fan
01-29-2016, 05:45 PM
Rumley is the only engineer involved with DLM?

The inmates should run the asylumm?

Got it...

This is all a gross over reaction to a team that had a great year, the fact people didn't figure it out in 3 races, and some belief the Rumley is an unmatched wizard.

And show me where he actually said he wanted more rules.He wanted a rule book that was more clear, yes I'm paraphrasing, but along them lines. It's on YouTube or DoD, not sure which.

You know who they went to to change the rules, they did it right. WoO formed a committee, Lucas just did it.

Of course he's not, but he's the only one crewing a car kicking everyone's a$$. And yeah they overreacted, but change in anything is usually met with resistance. It'll be ok, late models will be fine, and the winners will still be winners. Just hopefully a few more win this year.

lightning2597
01-29-2016, 07:40 PM
Mason Zeigler will hit and miss both Lucas and WoO races all year (Most All The Bigger Ones) in his 25Z car. BUT, plans on running some more Local Shows in the 43A car. Will not run any series full time!

pink floyd
01-29-2016, 09:05 PM

erb will have his best season ever in 2016, that's my prediction. stay right where you are dennis and heather.

Zonks32x
01-29-2016, 09:59 PM
T-MAC will be just fine running Lucas. He's proven to be more than competitive at East Bay in years past, and he's also enjoyed solid runs at Knoxville and the other Lucas races he has entered over the past couple of years.

Just because Steve Francis hasn't been able to find his @$$ with both hands since switching from WoO to Lucas, doesn't mean that T-Mac and Lanigan won't be successful.

B-Shepp is another great example. He ran primarily UMP and WoO events until '15 and he did just fine last year.

The guy that nobody is talking about right now is the guy that everyone on the Lucas tour should be looking out for in '16 and that's Bloomer. Personally, I can't stand the guy, but he has the Lucas series right where he wants them...focused on everyone and everything else that is going on.

Undoubtedly, the list of drivers starting '16 with Lucas is impressive, but there will be at least one or two that will decide to drop off the tour sooner rather than later.

Josh Bayko
01-29-2016, 10:04 PM
T-MAC will be just fine running Lucas. He's proven to be more than competitive at East Bay in years past, and he's also enjoyed solid runs at Knoxville and the other Lucas races he has entered over the past couple of years.

Just because Steve Francis hasn't been able to find his @$$ with both hands since switching from WoO to Lucas, doesn't mean that T-Mac and Lanigan won't be successful.

B-Shepp is another great example. He ran primarily UMP and WoO events until '15 and he did just fine last year.

The guy that nobody is talking about right now is the guy that everyone on the Lucas tour should be looking out for in '16 and that's Bloomer. Personally, I can't stand the guy, but he has the Lucas series right where he wants them...focused on everyone and everything else that is going on.

Undoubtedly, the list of drivers starting '16 with Lucas is impressive, but there will be at least one or two that will decide to drop off the tour sooner rather than later.

I could even see somebody who had plans on running Lucas running badly at Golden Isles deciding to hit Screven instead of East Bay to see what happens there.

Zonks32x
01-29-2016, 10:06 PM
100% pure speculation on my part....but might we see a gentleman who just picked up a brand new car from Stuckey's shop last week decide to roll the dice on the WoO tour for '16?

That would be awesome!!

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
01-29-2016, 10:12 PM

Bloomers still got to catch the #6

They are already ahead of him going into goldn Isle !

Krooser
01-30-2016, 07:44 AM
I still think the NDRA was much deeper in pure talent than either the WoO or Lucas is today....

dirtdobber45
01-30-2016, 12:09 PM
On one hand I can see JD and Rumley comin back to lucas and show em up like last year but I can see em jumping ship and run woo.

dirtdobber45
01-30-2016, 12:21 PM
If I was choosing a series Id look thru each schedule to see which has the most tracks that fit my driving skills. Not all smarts are in the car, its what suits the driver (car and tracks) to win

WisWildManFan
01-30-2016, 02:46 PM
If I was choosing a series Id look thru each schedule to see which has the most tracks that fit my driving skills. Not all smarts are in the car, its what suits the driver (car and tracks) to win This is true but it would sure help if the 0, 5, 6, 15 , and 20 cars weren't at that track that night.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
01-30-2016, 03:34 PM
On one hand I can see JD and Rumley comin back to lucas and show em up like last year but I can see em jumping ship and run woo.

Yes my thoughts exactly dd45

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
01-30-2016, 03:35 PM
this is true but it would sure help if the 0, 5, 6, 15 , and 20 cars weren't at that track that night.

i like that answer lol

dirtdobber45
01-30-2016, 04:54 PM
ANYBODY can be beat wildman on any given day

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
01-30-2016, 05:43 PM
ANYBODY can beat ANYBODY on any given day

WisWildManFan
01-30-2016, 06:10 PM
ANYBODY can beat ANYBODY on any given dayI guess the lucas oil officials didn't see it that way

dirtdobber45
01-30-2016, 07:22 PM
That picture on an earlier page of this thread that aint what I seen on the (JDs)car. What I seen was two canisters with a rubber hose going in between them. What was that?

SnakeX3
01-30-2016, 07:38 PM
It's a new day. If the nay sayers looked at Davenport or Clanton, this time last year, they would have said, Why, they don't have a chance.

This! I read every post in this thread and that was the one that really hit it on the head to me.

I'm a fan of JD, but I'm more of fan of good racing. It was exciting to watch what JD did last season, but if it continues this year it will get old really fast. In spite of that, I hate the thought that any driver/team would get singled out because they were too good and I sure hope that wasn't the case.

I don't know squat about how the rule changes will effect the #6 team, but I believe the cream will rise to the top. Will it be JD and Clanton again? Maybe. But as Bubstr alluded to, who was picking the #6 and #25 last year? I wasn't. If someone was, well...I wish I had a set of crystal balls like they do.

The point is that for all we know someone else might come out of the blue and dominate this season, but there is a reason the K&L Rumley team's 2015 season has been called historic by just about everyone...because it was special. It's very hard to believe Davenport or anyone else will do that well again this year and it may never happen again.

It sounds like all y'all are excited for the season....much more so then I remember the past couple of years I've been reading these boards. I'm excited for it to get started too. For all the doom and gloom I keep hearing and reading about the sport, at least from a fan perspective it seems like it's quite healthy to me.

But back on topic, there was a videocast on DoD with Chris Ferguson in which he said that if he can find the money that he would like to run the WoO tour. That may not be earth shattering news, but if it happens that will certainly up my interest in the series.

SnakeX3
02-03-2016, 11:30 AM
There's a piece on DoD saying Joey Coulter has a Rocket and plans to run the WoO events for Speedweeks and possible follow the tour as well, so I guess put him on the maybe list for that series.

W2Racing09
02-03-2016, 12:41 PM
I'm very impressed with the sheer amount of drivers looking at potentially running a tour full time. Last year there were a bunch that dropped off both and I expect that again, but we are starting out with a bunch more than usual on both tours. If both tours can get 13-14 to stick it out for the full season that will be a big improvement over the last few seasons. It is nice to see some young talent injected into the field as well with Dillon Wood, Joey Coulter, and potentially even Chris Ferguson. I think that is a huge deal for Dirt Racing, as (I believe it was) Earl Pearson Jr. mentioned he was concerned about the age of the people running Nationally. I hope this trend continues, but at least for now it is looking like a great season! If only we can get Birky and Tim Fuller back we can all be happy and there will be no more complaining on 4m!

SnakeX3
02-03-2016, 12:46 PM
I'm very impressed with the sheer amount of drivers looking at potentially running a tour full time.

I'm with you on that, amigo.

If only we can get Birky and Tim Fuller back we can all be happy and there will be no more complaining on 4m!

BAH HA HA HA! What fun would that be? With the Fun Police paTROLLING anti-social media, this is the only place we have left!

huskerdirt
02-03-2016, 01:01 PM
I'm very impressed with the sheer amount of drivers looking at potentially running a tour full time. Last year there were a bunch that dropped off both and I expect that again, but we are starting out with a bunch more than usual on both tours. If both tours can get 13-14 to stick it out for the full season that will be a big improvement over the last few seasons. It is nice to see some young talent injected into the field as well with Dillon Wood, Joey Coulter, and potentially even Chris Ferguson. I think that is a huge deal for Dirt Racing, as (I believe it was) Earl Pearson Jr. mentioned he was concerned about the age of the people running Nationally. I hope this trend continues, but at least for now it is looking like a great season! If only we can get Birky and Tim Fuller back we can all be happy and there will be no more complaining on 4m!

Yes it is impressive. But I don't really read into what guys are running a tour (especially RoY guys) until April/May. The winner circle programs and the point fund only pays the top ten. So that's really all you can count on. A couple of years ago... WoO had like 6 RoY guys. By the time the season ended you had 2 RoY guys left among the 11 that followed the tour.

jlacey
02-06-2016, 10:15 PM
This might have been said already on here but from Moyer Jr's latest DirtNation interview sounds like he might try to run for Outlaws ROY

hayfever
02-06-2016, 11:35 PM
The way Brian Shirley is running at Golden Isle, I hope he decides to race one of the touring series. The new equipment and support he has hopefully will allow him a chance to run one of the touring series and give us midwest guys and gals someone to cheeer for. Go Squirrel!

Highside Hustler25
02-07-2016, 07:30 AM
That picture on an earlier page of this thread that aint what I seen on the (JDs)car. What I seen was two canisters with a rubber hose going in between them. What was that?

a double enema bag to contain all the #$%@ that gets thrown they're way.

Josh Bayko
02-07-2016, 08:27 AM
The way Brian Shirley is running at Golden Isle, I hope he decides to race one of the touring series. The new equipment and support he has hopefully will allow him a chance to run one of the touring series and give us midwest guys and gals someone to cheeer for. Go Squirrel!

I believe he has designs on at least starting out with the WoO.

TUTY
02-07-2016, 12:03 PM
If I only would have won the lottery. I was hiring Birky and we were going to go racing.

old fan
02-07-2016, 01:48 PM
This is true but it would sure help if the 0, 5, 6, 15 , and 20 cars weren't at that track that night.and those guys don't want to see the blue 1