PDA

View Full Version : Chaining the RR down?

shaw33
12-14-2015, 08:41 PM
Word on the street around here is the new thing is chaining the RR. Is anyone doing this or heard of it? I might just be stupid but I don't know how it could help

3dracer
12-14-2015, 09:05 PM
Been done for several years. All it really does is tighten up the center.

ChadJacks
12-15-2015, 10:37 AM
Word on the street around here is the new thing is chaining the RR. Is anyone doing this or heard of it? I might just be stupid but I don't know how it could help

Really tightens up through center off on the gas. Very effective and sensitive, takes a while to find the sweet spot... Would never want to use on a rough track though.

MasterSbilt_Racer
12-15-2015, 11:56 AM

It doesn't let the rr bar up. It is very common for the rr spring to unload up the straights on a 4 link car.

shaw33
12-15-2015, 12:00 PM
So you just mount the chain to the axle? And pretty much set it tight at ride height and play with it from there do dial it in?

Lizardracing
12-17-2015, 09:53 AM
It doesn't let the rr bar up. It is very common for the rr spring to unload up the straights on a 4 link car.

Wouldn't the proper shock on the RR help the timing with this?
You want the the RR doing the same amount of work as the LR when in a straight line but not on the last portion of the exit as the loads are still favoring the RR. That seems like a shock adjustment to me.

MasterSbilt_Racer
12-19-2015, 11:51 AM
Wouldn't the proper shock on the RR help the timing with this?
You want the the RR doing the same amount of work as the LR when in a straight line but not on the last portion of the exit as the loads are still favoring the RR. That seems like a shock adjustment to me.

Yes. You can help yourself adjusting RR rebound for sure.