PDA

View Full Version : RR Inline of RF (or Vice Versa)

TheJet-09
12-15-2015, 08:41 AM
Depending at how you look at it, I can't get over how much farther out the RF "appears" in relation to the RR on some cars nowadays...such as in pics from Davenport's win at Eldora (as viewed from the front while on the stage), or the pics posted of Lanigan's car from the PRI Show. Are the RF control arms that much longer, or is the wheel offset that much less, or a combination of both? I get the "tight" aspect behind it, but it appears to be extreme...or is it just an optical illusion based on how the body is mounted?

billetbirdcage
12-15-2015, 02:39 PM
Depending at how you look at it, I can't get over how much farther out the RF "appears" in relation to the RR on some cars nowadays...such as in pics from Davenport's win at Eldora (as viewed from the front while on the stage), or the pics posted of Lanigan's car from the PRI Show. Are the RF control arms that much longer, or is the wheel offset that much less, or a combination of both? I get the "tight" aspect behind it, but it appears to be extreme...or is it just an optical illusion based on how the body is mounted?

As a generalization as it varies, some are more and some are less: The RF is approximately about 4" outside the RR with the left side tires lined up. the RF in the "IN" position, and the rear end square. The way the body is put on can really exaggerate this and make it look a lot more.