PDA

View Full Version : Du Quoin - March 19, 2016 - Tickets

DirtDirtCrazy
12-21-2015, 09:49 AM
It was announced at the Knepper 55 that the March 19, 2016 USAC Midget opener at Du Quoin would be a reserved seating show. When and where will the tickets go on sale?

CIRF
12-21-2015, 10:50 AM
It was announced at the Knepper 55 that the March 19, 2016 USAC Midget opener at Du Quoin would be a reserved seating show. When and where will the tickets go on sale?

The announcer mentioned the March 19th show at Du Quoin several times during the recent December 19th show at Du Quoin that all tickets would be reserved seating but I don't believe he gave any details on when, where and how. I'm purely speculating now but I would think they might use the same ticketing system that was used for the Knepper 55. I bought our seats about a month before the race and they allowed me to print them and it all worked very well.

I have to believe the tickets will go pretty fast for the March race and it will sell completely out. It's a USAC National points paying midget show. The December show was standing room only and it didn't pay any national points, it was primarily an exhibition race.

It is hard to believe that this December show has gotten as big as it is in such a short time. We've been to all but 1 of them and they've all been top tier performances. If they retain the general admission policy we'll need to be there before noon to get a decent seat. If I hear anything DDC I'll post it immediately!

CIRF
12-21-2015, 10:06 PM

DDC, the top 3 rows of the grandstand for the March USAC National Midget race will be the only seats sold as reserve seating. If you order reserve seating now you will be able to print the admission portion of the tickets and you will be contacted by the promoters in the near future to select your seats according to the order in which the reserve ticket requests were received. This ticket policy is according to Bryan Clauson himself and he is one of the promoters of the March race. The reason for the delay in reserve seat selection is because of Christmas and that he is leaving for New Zealand soon. He gave no definitive date as to when reserve ticket buyers would be contacted, he just said it would be soon.

Hope this clears up the confusion.

Once again, here is the website where both reserve and general admission tickets can be purchased:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/shamrock-classic-at-duquoin-tickets-20089747977?aff=es2

DirtDirtCrazy
12-22-2015, 09:46 AM
CIRF, I e-mailed USAC yesterday and I received a quick reply with the link you posted above. I have already ordered my tickets for the "Shamrock Classic". Thanks for your work on this....I am sure there are others who wanted to know how to order tics.

Since this show will be points paying, I would anticipate another good car count for this race. Also, I wonder if they will try to run some kind of support class for this race? Just curious.

CIRF
12-22-2015, 10:17 AM
CIRF, I e-mailed USAC yesterday and I received a quick reply with the link you posted above. I have already ordered my tickets for the "Shamrock Classic". Thanks for your work on this....I am sure there are others who wanted to know how to order tics.

Since this show will be points paying, I would anticipate another good car count for this race. Also, I wonder if they will try to run some kind of support class for this race? Just curious.

Glad to hear you got tickets. I'm happy to help out any way I can.

I would anticipate at least as many cars for the Shamrock as there was for the Knepper 55, possibly a few more since mid March is getting close to the start of the outdoor season and some guys may want to shake down new equipment. I would bet on the car count being over 50 unless we have some really bad weather move through the Midwest race weekend.

In regards to a support class, I don't recollect there ever being anything but the midgets at any of the races we've attended at The Southern Illinois Center. I could be mistaken, though. They farm the track often enough that down time in the pits isn't a problem and I'm thinking pit facilities are probably at or near full capacity, as well. One of the reasons we make the 5 hour trip down to Du Quoin is because of the absence of any support classes. I realize there are fans that prefer support classes but if I was to bet one way or the other I'd put my money on no support classes.

When they get around to assigning reserve seating let me know where your seats are located and I'll do the same.

Have a very Merry Christmas, DDC!

DirtDirtCrazy
12-22-2015, 03:32 PM
CIRF, I received an email me today asking about my desired seating preferences. This is how it is going to work:

The Top 3 Rows will be on a Reserved Basis. Once these are sold out then the rest will be General Admission on the day of the race. Reserved Seats are $26 and that includes a FREE PIT PASS, which is a wonderful bonus.

I have already received my Reserved Seat Vouchers from EVENTBRITE which are easily printed from a PDF Format. I am supposed to get an email with my seat assignments very soon. On the day of the race there will be a ticket window for reserved seat holders. I simply present my vouchers at that window the day of the race and I will receive my reserved seating tickets and free pit passes.

General Admission Tickers will be $22 for this event.

CIRF
12-22-2015, 10:08 PM
CIRF, I received an email me today asking about my desired seating preferences. This is how it is going to work:

The Top 3 Rows will be on a Reserved Basis. Once these are sold out then the rest will be General Admission on the day of the race. Reserved Seats are $26 and that includes a FREE PIT PASS, which is a wonderful bonus.

I have already received my Reserved Seat Vouchers from EVENTBRITE which are easily printed from a PDF Format. I am supposed to get an email with my seat assignments very soon. On the day of the race there will be a ticket window for reserved seat holders. I simply present my vouchers at that window the day of the race and I will receive my reserved seating tickets and free pit passes.

General Admission Tickers will be $22 for this event.

Got the same e-mail. I've never bought tickets using this process before. The process seems to be going smoothly, however.

I responded to the seat selection e-mail but as of this minute haven't received a reply.

We'll keep you posted, DDC.

jog49
12-23-2015, 03:45 PM
"Du Quion?" the black mother asked. That bes such a purtty name, I believes I name my baby dat.