PDA

View Full Version : New rules for Lucas out

MotoMatt
12-21-2015, 07:27 PM
And Kevin Riley is probably not happy about the changes. I can't blame him one bit either. They are basically punishing him for being smarter than his colleagues.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
12-21-2015, 07:55 PM
Go get em kevin!!

Highside Hustler25
12-21-2015, 08:25 PM
It should be referred to as the " Kevin Rumley Rule "

Lucas Oil Late Model Series = NASCAR on Dirt.

MasterSbilt_Racer
12-21-2015, 09:18 PM
Money wins! This is a joke!

mopar92
12-21-2015, 11:34 PM
Got to give him credit for being smart. However, engineers ruin racing in many ways. They have made racing safer, but they have driven the cost through the roof. Argue with me all you want, but once the NASCAR boys started playing in DLM's, they upped the Annie. Which means you either hire the guy or hire a guy like em. Next thing you know, it'll cost $1M to run a Lucas or WOO tour. My dad is a retired engineer and I can tell you, they are advantage. In 5 years there will be no more high side heroes. It'll be bottom feed and the cars will be straight. There will be 2 engineers per car and full time data guys. It just never ends. Look what engineers did to NASCAR. No offense to any engineers out there, but this is an expensive and ugly road. I'm not saying to make the cars spec, but there must be some compromise. I don't have the answer, but allowing "no holds barred" will ruin the sport. It seems like every form of racing from Karts to Cars is always the most fun and the most competitive when it first gets popular. Once the crazy innovation gets involved, it's not fun anymore.
Here is a great example. Can Am was an awesome series back in the 60's and 70's. Cool innovation and awesome racing. Plenty of wild ideas and designs. Then Porsche got involved and brought all of their engineers to the series. They developed the 917 and unlimited budget. They killed everybody and that killed the series. Period. Roush brought in major money and technology to TransAm, and killed the series. And on and on and on.

jcotton02
12-21-2015, 11:54 PM
Everybody is on here crying about the rule changes Lucas made. Last year you applauded them for doing away with Bloomquist's shocks. Talk about hypocrites!

hotshoe65s
12-22-2015, 12:15 AM
Everybody is on here crying about the rule changes Lucas made. Last year you applauded them for doing away with Bloomquist's shocks. Talk about hypocrites!

And they will be crying when the next big name driver retires. They will be saying we should do more to limit the cost of racing.

People seem oblivious to the fact that Lucas officials went to teams' shops and talked with them in detail. Then they had a meeting with the drivers and crew members to further discuss the changes. Then sent out a questionnaire to get more info and opinions. Has anyone considered that a majority of the teams actually wanted this? It is ludicrous to think Lucas went through all that trouble only to make rules the drivers didn't want. Now I'm sure Kevin and JD were strong opponents to any rules (as apparent by Kevin's twitter feed right now), just like I'm sure Bloomer was a strong opponent to the rules they made to outlaw his dominating design. But just like you said, everyone was applauding Lucas for outlawing Bloomer's design.

Brian Gray
12-22-2015, 05:51 AM
Bloomers design? Don't you mean f1 tech supplied buy the biggest high end shock company in the country that wasn't even financially feasible to the millionaire budgets in the sport.

Yea that was a bad decision.

Brian Gray
12-22-2015, 05:52 AM
Btw bloomers design was outlawed by formula 1.

MasterSbilt_Racer
12-22-2015, 06:45 AM
And they will be crying when the next big name driver retires. They will be saying we should do more to limit the cost of racing.

People seem oblivious to the fact that Lucas officials went to teams' shops and talked with them in detail. Then they had a meeting with the drivers and crew members to further discuss the changes. Then sent out a questionnaire to get more info and opinions. Has anyone considered that a majority of the teams actually wanted this? It is ludicrous to think Lucas went through all that trouble only to make rules the drivers didn't want. Now I'm sure Kevin and JD were strong opponents to any rules (as apparent by Kevin's twitter feed right now), just like I'm sure Bloomer was a strong opponent to the rules they made to outlaw his dominating design. But just like you said, everyone was applauding Lucas for outlawing Bloomer's design.

Did you ever consider that 4 or 5 guys may have been sore losers? That they don't represent the thousands of racers across the country that been in this sport their whole lives? They don't care that Bowyer can't buy Rumley deal and his engineers aren't smart enough.

onlyfacts
12-22-2015, 07:15 AM
Did you ever consider that 4 or 5 guys may have been sore losers? That they don't represent the thousands of racers across the country that been in this sport their whole lives? They don't care that Bowyer can't buy Rumley deal and his engineers aren't smart enough.I bet if Rumley would have taken the job he was offered at CBR none of these rules would have been put in place...So what do you do when you can't buy something you push to get the rules changed.. Page right out of NASCAR... . Welcome to the next level.

Vettemaker
12-22-2015, 07:26 AM
For you people that don't follow Lucas, this is what they are talking about.

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=930490913656339&id=100000863184866&set=a.127071483998290.9828.100000863184866

onlyfacts
12-22-2015, 07:38 AM
For you people that don't follow Lucas, this is what they are talking about.https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=930490913656339&id=100000863184866&set=a.127071483998290.9828.100000863184866I am sure most people on this site follow Lucas.... This isn't the message board for AMA or F1 racing.But thanks for the info. It really enlighten the people that doesn't know.

MotoMatt
12-22-2015, 08:26 AM
I think most of you assume engineers are making millions in racing, maybe in Nascar but certainly not in a role like Rumley has, even with another team. I work in engineering(though I am not a credentialed engineer) and a typical Mechanical Engineer is probably pulling in something around 70-100K unless they our in a special role. This is midwest dollars, so get into areas with lower or higher cost of living and it is different, but that's a good ballpark figure.

mopar92
12-22-2015, 08:55 AM
I think most of you assume engineers are making millions in racing, maybe in Nascar but certainly not in a role like Rumley has, even with another team. I work in engineering(though I am not a credentialed engineer) and a typical Mechanical Engineer is probably pulling in something around 70-100K unless they our in a special role. This is midwest dollars, so get into areas with lower or higher cost of living and it is different, but that's a good ballpark figure.

That is correct. It's what the engineers cost when you need to start engineering. Testing, R&D, buying equipment... Look at it from the other end. He cost a lot of teams $100,000+ this year 😜. I think it's great that we still innovation room left in the sport, but it'll get out of hand.

DoubleZero
12-22-2015, 08:58 AM
Does anyone really know Kevin's secret? Heck, I've even got a photo of the "Rumley Device", the same one everyone else has.....If the "secret" is so public, seems like someone (else) in the industry would have figured it out by now. And what of all the other drivers that have seen the exposed rear suspension of that car...waiting on the grid, pace laps, etc......were they not paying attention? The photographers focusing on JD...did they miss it too? Was the photo staged, and the info leaked, has Kevin sent LUCAS, and everybody else, on a wild-goose chase? Kevin's pretty sharp and plays the game on several levels. Time will tell.

MasterSbilt_Racer
12-22-2015, 09:08 AM
That is correct. It's what the engineers cost when you need to start engineering. Testing, R&D, buying equipment... Look at it from the other end. He cost a lot of teams $100,000+ this year . I think it's great that we still innovation room left in the sport, but it'll get out of hand.

Very few can afford to do testing with data acq. to optimize all the current shocks on the car. That is where we are now. The hacksaw and welder, tools of the common man, have been removed from the race.

Engineers are way more important now.

MasterSbilt_Racer
12-22-2015, 09:12 AM
Does anyone really know Kevin's secret? Heck, I've even got a photo of the "Rumley Device", the same one everyone else has.....If the "secret" is so public, seems like someone (else) in the industry would have figured it out by now. And what of all the other drivers that have seen the exposed rear suspension of that car...waiting on the grid, pace laps, etc......were they not paying attention? The photographers focusing on JD...did they miss it too? Was the photo staged, and the info leaked, has Kevin sent LUCAS, and everybody else, on a wild-goose chase? Kevin's pretty sharp and plays the game on several levels. Time will tell.

I expected it to show up at East Bay. Surely, someone else has it.

chupp n bloomer fan
12-22-2015, 09:15 AM
Bloomers design? Don't you mean f1 tech supplied buy the biggest high end shock company in the country that wasn't even financially feasible to the millionaire budgets in the sport.

Yea that was a bad decision.According to those on here, they were around $20k. If that's true, then they are 100% feasible to the big teams. Lemme guess, you and the other naive people on here think Kevin's knowledge and things he did was "cheap". The testing, data acquisition, and other machines he had access to aren't cheap.

Do I care, not really. But the hypocrisy on here of the Rumley rule and its such a travesty, while they do it to Bloomer and it's applauded. Lol, like has been said, fukin hypocrites.

hucktyson
12-22-2015, 09:23 AM
Shocks , springs , 4 link lengths and angles , all front mounting points , arm lengths , spindle design , ballast placement all wide open and you guys say we have iroc cars now ??? Brian grays car is identical to Bloomquist now ?? Because 1 guy had his contraption outlawed??

MasterSbilt_Racer
12-22-2015, 10:01 AM
According to those on here, they were around $20k. If that's true, then they are 100% feasible to the big teams. Lemme guess, you and the other naive people on here think Kevin's knowledge and things he did was "cheap". The testing, data acquisition, and other machines he had access to aren't cheap.

Do I care, not really. But the hypocrisy on here of the Rumley rule and its such a travesty, while they do it to Bloomer and it's applauded. Lol, like has been said, fukin hypocrites.

You think it was expensive because Kevin is held up as a "super genius". You think it was expensive because you don't understand it. That is where people are coming from.

mopar92
12-22-2015, 11:03 AM
This is comedy. Everybody is spending big money and big time innovating. Many smart guys in this sport. One just hit on something more than the other.

Necrosis
12-22-2015, 12:38 PM
Bloomers design? Don't you mean f1 tech supplied buy the biggest high end shock company in the country that wasn't even financially feasible to the millionaire budgets in the sport. Yea that was a bad decision.So what did Bloomer have that was outlawed, please enlighten me? It seems everyone here agrees on what he had. Tell me so I can laugh my aS$ off.

billetbirdcage
12-22-2015, 01:21 PM
12.22 Suspension Components
A.) Any new chassis design or component design and or technology pertaining to and/or containing
suspension must be submitted to the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series for approval before they will be
permitted for use in competition. Manufacturer and/or competitor may be required to disassemble for
complete inspection before instatement of new part is permitted.

it says chassis design, so I take it the new Rocket XR-1 is going to be submitted?

A ron
12-22-2015, 01:51 PM
Just a thought: hard to believe they spent that much money on the device if they didn't even know if they were gonna run the whole schedule.

billetbirdcage
12-22-2015, 02:07 PM
4. Floating, pivoting and/or rotating mounts and/or brackets of any sort are not allowed. All brackets or
mounts attached to the birdcage must be bolted or welded solid.

Most cages have rotating shock mounts with a clevis, by the words of the rules that is now illegal.

Clayton_Wetter
12-22-2015, 04:09 PM
It's called the Whack-A-Mole rules policy. lol

sobe92
12-22-2015, 04:53 PM
4. Floating, pivoting and/or rotating mounts and/or brackets of any sort are not allowed. All brackets or

Most cages have rotating shock mounts with a clevis, by the words of the rules that is now illegal.

And clamp brackets, the pierce 3 shock lr, the cmc cantilever shock, bearing chain holders, pretty much all the fun is gone.

jog49
12-22-2015, 05:14 PM
I hope Davenport and the Rumleys get PO'd about Lucas trying to "rule" out their innovation and jump to the WoO circuit just to make a point.

Mike
12-22-2015, 05:33 PM

And if everyone went by the words of the rules the bodies would never gotten to the wind tunnel tested aerodynamic monstrosities they are today.....

jcotton02
12-22-2015, 06:39 PM
Thats the thing, knowone is definite on what Bloomer had. the just assume. Remember, assumption is the mother of all f@%k ups!

Necrosis
12-22-2015, 06:53 PM
Thats the thing, knowone is definite on what Bloomer had. the just assume. Remember, assumption is the mother of all f@%k ups!The thing is, some of us do. I just want to hear what people "think", more for amusement. Not that I'd comment either way. Brian Gray obviously knows more than us lowly peons, lol.

MasterSbilt_Racer
12-22-2015, 06:54 PM
Thats the thing, knowone is definite on what Bloomer had. the just assume. Remember, assumption is the mother of all f@%k ups!

They outlawed 3 types of shocks. He got slower. It was one of them.

kidrock
12-22-2015, 07:23 PM
It's a double edge sword. You want to be able to keep the cost down but, yet you want the guys to innovated in making the car better. There is no doubt the more you get the engineers involved the higher the cost is going to be to operate your race team.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
12-22-2015, 07:46 PM
I hope Davenport and the Rumleys get PO'd about Lucas trying to "rule" out their innovation and jump to the WoO circuit just to make a point.

Im with you jog49!!

Bubstr
12-23-2015, 11:25 AM
Seems like some think an engineering degree, makes you a god. We have all seen some very smart shade tree engineers and more than one educated idiot. There is not one thing a Engineer knows about racing, that the smarter than average guy can't learn on his own.

This millions in research is BS. Some guy gets an Idea and tries it. It works or it don't. That is all there is to it. The home made bell and whistle is probably the cheap way to a little extra speed. Buying tech, is certainly not, and the rules left most of that intact. If you can ask the right questions, there is probably a lot of bells and whistles to be found.

GEAR_HEAD
12-23-2015, 11:33 AM

WoO is going to follow suit with their rules. Do you really think that the best thing for the sport is having 2 different sets of rules for the 2 national series, therefore causing chaos and confusion that will send shockwaves through all of the regional series and weekly shows? Some of you need to think before you speak.

25drtrkr
12-23-2015, 11:50 AM
The thing is, some of us do. I just want to hear what people "think", more for amusement. Not that I'd comment either way. Brian Gray obviously knows more than us lowly peons, lol.

If you know what Bloomer has, will it still be legal by the new rules?

MasterSbilt_Racer
12-23-2015, 12:03 PM
WoO is going to follow suit with their rules. Do you really think that the best thing for the sport is having 2 different sets of rules for the 2 national series, therefore causing chaos and confusion that will send shockwaves through all of the regional series and weekly shows? Some of you need to think before you speak.

Lucas is the group that caused a disruption based on the complaints of a few. Regional series are already bucking the changes. WoO, who seemed to be losing importance and drivers, is now in the drivers' seat. They do nothing and Lucas is the odd man out.

Kromulous
12-23-2015, 02:45 PM
A rules loop hole / grey area, paved the way for Wedge cars. Not only were the bodies wild looking, they had 6 to 8 foot long bill boards along the sides of them. They ran sprint car sized RR tires, and some ran Big Block Fords etc for power to the toon of about 650hp back then. Cars in that era went really fast, gained a lot of speed very quickly, and safety was an after thought.

Schwartz after a drive shaft injury, that broke his arm, built and someone i thought restored the car where he sat in the middle of the car up towards the nose, and the Engine was in the middle of the car. That was the proverbial straw that broke the camels back. NDRA came a long and set up the rule book, and Wedge cars were out. The cry's from the masses was pretty consistent, dirt racing was over... You can see it on all forms of racing, watch Street Outlaws sometimes... Street cars racing, great, then someone builds a Pro Mod with 4k HP and wants to come take all the money, good times are over.

Everyone complains about Nascar, but forgets its not the racing that ruined NASCAR, it was you ! via pure capitalism. Someone seen a great opportunity and marketed it right, to the right sponsors and off it went. Fans loved it, and fed the beast with a lot of $$. Once the money got so prolific, Teams got bigger hired Eng's to win etc, its a self sacrificing prophecy, but that's racing in a nut shell. Someone will always want to win by any means necessary, wrecking others, buy the wins or just out right cheat.

Lucas Oil is on the right track i believe (although what is Lucas's intent with DLM racing is another good question?) for now keep the cars relatively simple and try to control the bodies. Getting a handle on the cost of tires is a great move as well, same tires thru to the B mains.

The long term consequences are far more important than one guys device. So that's my question, allowing the Rumley device, what would be the UN-intended consequences? cantilever type set ups on all 4 corners? 8 shocks per car? Speeds in excess of 180mph at Eldora?

and i know most will say all the history is irrelevant...

GEAR_HEAD
12-23-2015, 03:16 PM
Lucas is the group that caused a disruption based on the complaints of a few. Regional series are already bucking the changes. WoO, who seemed to be losing importance and drivers, is now in the drivers' seat. They do nothing and Lucas is the odd man out.

The best thing for the sport right now is to slow the cars down, which makes for better racing. If somebody doesn't step up and start limiting the cost, speed, and size of late models we'll be back to horrible wedge car racing. I'm not infatuated with speed like the sprint car guys who love to watch them follow each other around and not pass, I want to see good racing. Everybody complains about dwindling car counts, which would continue to happen if every team needs an engineer, but when somebody tries to do something about it everybody flips out. I say make the cars harder to drive like back in the day and let the drivers do all the work again.

Krooser
12-23-2015, 03:39 PM
I'm just glad they didn't outlaw my '95 MB... dodged a bullet right there!

Mike
12-23-2015, 04:18 PM
If somebody doesn't step up and start limiting the cost, speed, and size of late models we'll be back to horrible wedge car racing.

I've been saying the size needs addressed for years. Address the body size and it will take care of some of the other problems as well.....

Necrosis
12-23-2015, 05:31 PM
If you know what Bloomer has, will it still be legal by the new rules?Let just say this... You'd be very disappointed if you looked under his car, and expected anything trick.

MasterSbilt_Racer
12-23-2015, 05:38 PM
The best thing for the sport right now is to slow the cars down, which makes for better racing. If somebody doesn't step up and start limiting the cost, speed, and size of late models we'll be back to horrible wedge car racing. I'm not infatuated with speed like the sprint car guys who love to watch them follow each other around and not pass, I want to see good racing. Everybody complains about dwindling car counts, which would continue to happen if every team needs an engineer, but when somebody tries to do something about it everybody flips out. I say make the cars harder to drive like back in the day and let the drivers do all the work again.

The problem is, you can't go back in time. You can't unlearn technology. To be honest, everyone needs an engineer to be their best. The only reason they don't is cost vs benefit. I race against people who bolt 12 new tires on their car in one night and collect $200 at the pay window. That doesn't work in my accounting for racing. Neither does the toter to go race 40 miles away. What it costs to race is every dime you have. That is if your budget is 10k or a million. People getting into the sport would be shocked how decent you can run with how little if you just have a little knowledge.

CarolinaDirt
12-23-2015, 06:40 PM
Hitler's reaction

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zTdyqv9LIBE&feature=youtu.be

Josh Bayko
12-23-2015, 06:56 PM
The problem is, you can't go back in time. You can't unlearn technology. To be honest, everyone needs an engineer to be their best. The only reason they don't is cost vs benefit. I race against people who bolt 12 new tires on their car in one night and collect $200 at the pay window. That doesn't work in my accounting for racing. Neither does the toter to go race 40 miles away. What it costs to race is every dime you have. That is if your budget is 10k or a million. People getting into the sport would be shocked how decent you can run with how little if you just have a little knowledge.

It's funny that you mention toters. I know of a racer that has a toter and stacker to race at a track about five miles from the shop.

I also know of a guy who buys all second hand stuff and and it's all mismatched, but he's very competitive at the tracks he runs regularly.

25drtrkr
12-23-2015, 08:09 PM
Let just say this... You'd be very disappointed if you looked under his car, and expected anything trick.

If he had "standard" stuff at the end of the year, he's definitely ahead of the curve. Davenport/Rumley will be behind at the beginning of the year. Bloomer usually doesn't run well during Speedweeks, but this year might be different!

153J
12-23-2015, 08:20 PM
If he had "standard" stuff at the end of the year, he's definitely ahead of the curve. Davenport/Rumley will be behind at the beginning of the year. Bloomer usually doesn't run well during Speedweeks, but this year might be different!

i dont doubt what you are sayin
but
remember this year davenport was quick at golden isles, just hampered by mechanical failures
and im guessing he wasnt using the best version of what they were working on that got banned

MasterSbilt_Racer
12-23-2015, 08:28 PM
i dont doubt what you are sayin
but
remember this year davenport was quick at golden isles, just hampered by mechanical failures
and im guessing he wasnt using the best version of what they were working on that got banned

Davenport was awesome at Golden Isles before you guys knew who he was. Who says he runs Lucas?

Hollis
12-23-2015, 10:02 PM
Hitler's reaction https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zTdyqv9LIBE&feature=youtu.be OMG That is too funny

TheJet-09
12-23-2015, 10:47 PM
@ Krooser, your '95 MB undoubtedly is illegal now. Rule 12.8 (e) - 38" minimum between floor pan and the bottom of the roll cage. If yours is like my '07, it's only 36"...not that I need to be at a Lucas race anyways.

A ron
12-24-2015, 10:05 AM
http://www.nesmithracing.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/2016-Weekly-Rules.pdf Looks like Nesmith followed Lucas.

hucktyson
12-24-2015, 10:21 AM
Here's the bottom line , rumley is pissed he's back to the drawing board so he try's to outsmart you geniuses by spinning a narrative that he can design the same thing to beat the rules but it will cost a million dollars .... He's using your own stupidity against you , you can't build
What he has under the new rules for any amount of money . Master racer suggested he could engineer solid 4 links that act like spring rods except Lucas mandated the thickness , diameter and material for the 4 link rods. You going to have to man up and out wheel the single greatest talent to ever strap in if you want to win now !! Your not going to win jumping the cushion 3 times a lap now because you have a gadget on the left rear ... This is going to put it back in the drivers hands and you guys ALL know (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) well that scenario stacks the odds in the favor of the GOAT Mr Bloomquist

MasterSbilt_Racer
12-24-2015, 10:32 AM
There are holes in the rules. I already figured out how to get my current suspension back legal, but it would cost serious dollars on non suspension parts to make it work.

hucktyson
12-24-2015, 11:58 AM
Mb racer your missing the point , they want you to run a standard 4 link rear with either a lift bar or a pull bar .. If you design something else it needs to be approved by them . And if they approve it and you start dominating with a non standard piece they will just outlaw that. They want to make racing about the driver and not an exotic design.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
12-24-2015, 12:00 PM
here's the bottom line , rumley is pissed he's back to the drawing board so he try's to outsmart you geniuses by spinning a narrative that he can design the same thing to beat the rules but it will cost a million dollars .... He's using your own stupidity against you , you can't build
what he has under the new rules for any amount of money . Master racer suggested he could engineer solid 4 links that act like spring rods except lucas mandated the thickness , diameter and material for the 4 link rods. You going to have to man up and out wheel the single greatest talent to ever strap in if you want to win now !! Your not going to win jumping the cushion 3 times a lap now because you have a gadget on the left rear ... This is going to put it back in the drivers hands and you guys all know (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) well that scenario stacks the odds in the favor of the goat mr bloomquist

rumley will prevail and they will be on top of there game come season opener! They will still beat bloomer!

MasterSbilt_Racer
12-24-2015, 12:15 PM
Mb racer your missing the point , they want you to run a standard 4 link rear with either a lift bar or a pull bar .. If you design something else it needs to be approved by them . And if they approve it and you start dominating with a non standard piece they will just outlaw that. They want to make racing about the driver and not an exotic design.
They outlawed very non exotic designs. Their idea of fun is terribly boring.

SuperEight
12-24-2015, 02:33 PM
They Herold Rumley/Davenport for being the, "David and Goliath Story of 2015" per Ritchie Lewis own mouth. Then turn around and tell David he can't use his slingshot no more because they asked Goliath how he felt about it and he said he didn't like it. I agree with so many of you, that this is what the next level is, legislation for every nut and bolt, the death of creativity and the triumph of "Mega-Bucks!!!". Soon they'll want to standardize the suspension and that will be my que to exit. I think its time to resurrect the NDRL and have a truly outlaw series that makes sense and doesn't punish ingenuity and creativity. Lastly I don't believe that the, "Gizmo" is the actual secret to there speed, I don't think it was one thing and I think 80% of what was pictured is simple misdirection on Rumley's part. But the knee-jerk reaction on behalf of the rule makers pi$$es me off, its simple pandering to the whiners and a very Nascaresqe mind set, one that seems to sadly be overtaking our country, laws, laws and more laws without ever dealing with a real issue effectively.

Brian Gray
12-24-2015, 04:40 PM
Just measured the new rocket cars I have at my shop for customers and all 3 only have 37.5" in the drivers compartment . No floors even installed yet!

Mike
12-24-2015, 06:00 PM
The problem is, you can't go back in time. You can't unlearn technology.

I guess the guys that outlawed the wedge cars never looked at it that way

WisWildManFan
12-24-2015, 06:09 PM
Davenport's tear was awesome... I was a fan of his before this year... Mainly from the 2014 PDC, but who really wants to watch him dominate all year again like that next year. I think davenport can really get up on the wheel, but I believe he awoke a sleeping giant. Bloomer going to be on it next year, question is what would you attribute percent wise rumley's device for the 6's speed? 90%, 75%, 50% or less? JD going to be good at places like Eldora and FALS regardless but will he still be winning at tracks where you have to run the glazed over middle. I would be surprised if he gets over 8-10 national tour wins next year... my prediction.

big mouth from da south
12-24-2015, 07:27 PM
Their just mad he whipped their ass with a $5 dollar a rap metal that's all they won't leave Lucas but they will design something else that will work just as good watch and see not nascar let them be innovative ......jet cause a shock company not getting paid oh well they should have thought of it .......and really shame on Kevin fir letting the guy get that close to take the picture not for that nobody would have known

MasterSbilt_Racer
12-24-2015, 07:37 PM
I guess the guys that outlawed the wedge cars never looked at it that way

That wasn't really technology. Just big surfaces with down force and drag. I was talking about rules to "dumb down" parts.

Clayton_Wetter
12-24-2015, 07:47 PM
Hitler's reaction

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zTdyqv9LIBE&feature=youtu.be

I must say that you have posted one brilliant funny video. Totally awesome!!:)

Clayton_Wetter
12-24-2015, 07:48 PM
rumley will prevail and they will be on top of there game come season opener! They will still beat bloomer!

Have you got crystal balls????

25drtrkr
12-24-2015, 08:27 PM
Davenport's tear was awesome... I was a fan of his before this year... Mainly from the 2014 PDC, but who really wants to watch him dominate all year again like that next year. I think davenport can really get up on the wheel, but I believe he awoke a sleeping giant. Bloomer going to be on it next year, question is what would you attribute percent wise rumley's device for the 6's speed? 90%, 75%, 50% or less? JD going to be good at places like Eldora and FALS regardless but will he still be winning at tracks where you have to run the glazed over middle. I would be surprised if he gets over 8-10 national tour wins next year... my prediction.

75%. I predict he will win 5 Lucas races.

rickybrown1952
12-24-2015, 09:17 PM
75%. I predict he will win 5 Lucas races.80% I will predict he will get 10 maybe 11 national tour wins

MasterSbilt_Racer
12-24-2015, 10:22 PM
I believe he will be WoO champ with 14 victories.

rickybrown1952
12-25-2015, 12:08 AM
I believe he will be WoO champ with 14 victories.Don't think so since his schedule says lucus oil

let-r-eat
12-25-2015, 04:21 AM
That (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) rule they made there is a catch all to stop these kinds of things from happening again sounds like? Would make a person skeptical about trying anything wouldn't it?

Necrosis
12-25-2015, 06:27 AM
It's truly the LOLmds now.

MasterSbilt_Racer
12-25-2015, 07:25 AM
Don't think so since his schedule says lucus oil

Plenty of time to change several races in

onlyfacts
12-25-2015, 07:53 AM
2016 Lucas Oil Limited Late Model Series. LOLLMS All the officials apparel will need to be changed.

tsand
12-25-2015, 09:35 AM
2016 Lucas Oil Limited Late Model Series. LOLLMS All the officials apparel will need to be changed. everbody acting like this is the end of latemodels all the series doing is going back to what everbody was running 14 months ago and what 98% of drivers are still running. These rules only effect
A hand full of drivers.

MasterSbilt_Racer
12-25-2015, 09:59 AM
everbody acting like this is the end of latemodels all the series doing is going back to what everbody was running 14 months ago and what 98% of drivers are still running. These rules only effect
A hand full of drivers.

68.257 % of statistics are made up on the fly.

rickybrown1952
12-25-2015, 10:57 AM
Plenty of time to change several races inAre u kidding me no that IS his schedule for the year

MasterSbilt_Racer
12-25-2015, 11:09 AM
Are u kidding me no that IS his schedule for the year

You are right. I have never seen a racer change schedule.

SuperEight
12-25-2015, 12:52 PM
everbody acting like this is the end of latemodels all the series doing is going back to what everbody was running 14 months ago and what 98% of drivers are still running. These rules only effect
A hand full of drivers.

They effect anybody coming up with their own idea and being able to run it, that's the point. The only people not upset by this are the same ones who lack the vision, creativity or courage to go outside the freaking box. I myself sent Mr Ritchie an email voicing my disgust with this whole situation and discontinued my subscription to their emails. I realize this has no direct effect on them, but I felt I had to say something.

Mike
12-25-2015, 03:02 PM
That wasn't really technology. Just big surfaces with down force and drag. I was talking about rules to "dumb down" parts.

Didn't Charlie understand down force and drag better then anybody at that point or maybe he was just the first to exploit the grey area in the rules. Either way the bodies were certainly dumbed down for awhile when the wedge cars were outlawed.

Of coarse the wind tunnel tested bodies of today are no longer dumbed down and work as a package with those other parts to give you something similar to the old wedge cars.

b1eagle
12-25-2015, 03:29 PM
I agree with Tsand new rules is what most are running

taylor2727
12-25-2015, 05:42 PM
Isn't pretty much every car in the country illegal with swiveling shock mounts ? And what about older cars with the cage height rule ? Pierce cars cant run the traction shock on axle tube or anyone else that runs shock on clamp bracket.?

hucktyson
12-25-2015, 05:54 PM
There's plenty of clevis is style shock
Mounts available that don't swivel when they are tight.

billetbirdcage
12-25-2015, 06:35 PM
Isn't pretty much every car in the country illegal with swiveling shock mounts ? And what about older cars with the cage height rule ? Pierce cars cant run the traction shock on axle tube or anyone else that runs shock on clamp bracket.?

Cage shock mounts: Realistically, this is an oversight by the people writing/wording the rules. If it isn't changed before racing starts it won't be enforced, IMO.

I also believe, you won't see WoO following lucas least to the degree Lucas did. I believe their rules will be much simpler, more defined, and less limiting and won't limit creativity as much.

Clayton_Wetter
12-26-2015, 03:19 PM
Here's the bottom line , rumley is pissed he's back to the drawing board so he try's to outsmart you geniuses by spinning a narrative that he can design the same thing to beat the rules but it will cost a million dollars .... He's using your own stupidity against you , you can't build
What he has under the new rules for any amount of money . Master racer suggested he could engineer solid 4 links that act like spring rods except Lucas mandated the thickness , diameter and material for the 4 link rods. You going to have to man up and out wheel the single greatest talent to ever strap in if you want to win now !! Your not going to win jumping the cushion 3 times a lap now because you have a gadget on the left rear ... This is going to put it back in the drivers hands and you guys ALL know (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) well that scenario stacks the odds in the favor of the GOAT Mr Bloomquist

You are going to upset some people with these facts. lol

rickybrown1952
12-26-2015, 03:35 PM
Can someone please put on here exactly what the rule changes are

slmcrewchief99
12-26-2015, 05:28 PM
Go to the LUCAS Oil Series website Ricky. The new rules are posted.

onlyfacts
01-01-2016, 09:34 AM
Just measured the new rocket cars I have at my shop for customers and all 3 only have 37.5" in the drivers compartment . No floors even installed yet!You will find there isn't many cars that will be legal with this rule and now that Lucas has set the rule it will be interesting. They say it is from the floor to top of roll cage bar.. But that isn't what the rule in black and white says. Don't worry though they have too many other rules that they will be tied upon to be measuring cage heights.