PDA

View Full Version : rebuild rack?

mod88s
12-25-2015, 04:10 PM
What does it cost to send a rack in to have freshened? Mine is leaking a bit.

zeroracing
12-25-2015, 04:20 PM
I sent my sweet in before last year. It ran me about $300+ shipping, I thought it was in good shape when I sent it in. It looked brand new when I got it back. Since then I have been told by other racers they are fairly simple and the manufacture may replace items that are still good but don't look new.

I had another brand that was leaking and grinding so I sent it in, they called and said it would be cheaper for new so I junked it and went to sweet.

Matt49
12-25-2015, 08:13 PM
^^^
This has been my experience also. They are going to replace almost every seal and leakable/wearable part in the thing as a matter of preventative maintenance. But I'm personally okay with that.
I was always taught to put things back together in better shape than you took them apart. It's amazing the things that you fix that you didn't even know were broken...or about to be.

RacerX10
12-25-2015, 08:45 PM
I sent one in to sweet a few years ago, only cost me about $150.00 if I remember correctly. Guess it depends on what they are replacing.

popkorn42
12-27-2015, 04:06 PM
If it`s brt or appleton you can send it to Out-Pace . They rebuild them,

r2rocket
12-29-2015, 03:17 PM
I sent mine to Sweet in Kalamazoo last winter and they replaced all the seals and stuff on the inside trying to find a problem with a "catch" in my steering, costs me around 180 + shipping but it did fix the problem.

Dirtmod13
12-29-2015, 03:32 PM
mine was feeling like a bent wheel when doing pace laps this year, I read somewhere that it was either the pump or the rack. Anyone have this happen?Also I have 2 run of the mill el cheapo pumps, no way to tell what the numbers are, is there a certain size orifice/pump pressure etc that works best with the sweet racks?

save the racers
12-30-2015, 07:29 AM
Might try adjusting the preload on the rack.