PDA

View Full Version : Cumberland Speedway

BTExpress
12-26-2015, 06:17 AM
Any information on Cumberland reopening in 2016? I have not read or heard anything official since last year. The website has not been updated. Will it happen or are they still waiting on new "guardrail" to be delivered?

th3Swami
12-26-2015, 03:09 PM
There's some Sunday late model shows scheduled but no real details anything else yet. They are also toying with the idea of a 410 sprint car race along with URC having expressed interest but thats only in the planning stages for a May date and nothing locked in yet. One of the guys working with the "new promoters" posted this info on the Williams Grove board.

RacerRose
01-06-2016, 07:48 AM
That would be me, Swami. We are trying to get a schedule together. The thing I'm learning is the process it takes to make a schedule when you are dealing with a county government. It's not like we can make a schedule, and just release it. We were given dates that the facility would be available for racing, made a tentative schedule, and it's awaiting approval from the commission.

As far as the facility goes itself, that is the responsibility of the county. From what I've been told, there has been clay put down, but the guardrail is yet to be installed. I do not live in Cumberland - I live in Martinsburg, WV which is about 90 minutes away. I'm still optimistic of an April opening.

I have been in contact with UFo, RUSH, and URC, along with the Penn-Mar Vintage group, and the All American Outlaws. The cool thing, is a couple of the groups contacted us for races. And yes, we are trying to put together a 410/305 date. There is a great interest of racing returning to Cumberland, and I hope we can pull it off. I think racers and fans will like the schedule, whenever I can officially release it.