PDA

View Full Version : Lake Cumberland Speedway

mykidsluvme
12-27-2015, 09:29 AM
Any word or news on the track. Didn't run a race all last year was hoping that it might open back up. Thanks

luv racin
12-28-2015, 11:15 AM
Ivwas wandering the same thing. Really wish this place would open back up. Miss going over there. If it did open back I would he there every Saturday

cisco1011
12-28-2015, 12:44 PM
Was wondering the same thing, heared Rat Marler bought it, then, heared Kingsford Charcoal got it .

wfofan
12-29-2015, 10:24 AM
Heard Kingsford owns the land

luv racin
12-29-2015, 05:45 PM
So what will this mean for the track? Will they shove it in and build charcoal plant? Whats peoples thought on it?

cisco1011
12-31-2015, 10:16 AM
Stinks, if, Kingsford does that in my book.

wfofan
01-01-2016, 11:14 AM
Track had been headed downhill in all areas....father passed and son was lost...without new money and new owners the rat hole it was turned into is better off producing charcoal for race fans to tailgate around the country with...

HEAVY DUTY
01-02-2016, 09:48 AM
We desperately need some racetracks in our area. I am afraid that this one is too far gone though. It would take 150,000 dollars just to get it in shape to race. New bleachers, walls, bathrooms and concession stands. Then add the electrical repairs, and rock removal. Then there isn't enough flat or even smooth pit area to accommodate the rigs of today. It would probably be easier to start new on a flatter piece of land in the Somerset area than to get it going again. JMO I wish someone would open Clinton Co. and Scenic back up, but it will probably never happen either. I was counting how many tracks that had closed in the last 10 or 15 years in a 2 hr or so radius, and counted 13. Now there are only 2 left. Sad

IAMN21
01-06-2016, 07:56 AM
Yes it is very sad that all of these tracks are closed. So much potential for all of them. A few years ago I could go 1 hour or less in any direction and race. Now its not feasible to invest the money it takes to be competitive with no where to race. I think the economy, mismanagement, and poor promotion all played a part in the demise of dirt track racing. Only hope that it sees much better days in the future.