PDA

View Full Version : NEW Dirt Track Racing Game coming out.....

HoosierDirtFan
12-28-2015, 10:45 PM
Max DTR is a free app for high-fidelity dirt racing excitement! So far the game will feature Dirt Late Models, Sprint Cars, Modifieds, Big Block Modifieds, and Mini Stocks. It will initially be released as a free-to-download app for mobile / devices.
Here is the video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JihlMCEI-6Y

aflack83
12-28-2015, 10:58 PM
Looks pretty good to be a phone app. Wish we could get a game like that for PS4/XBOX

WisWildManFan
12-28-2015, 11:54 PM
Graphics look good... Probably won't bother getting it after dirt trackin lost my attention. If either were put on a system I would buy them tomorrow for $60. Wish rfactor would convert to a system as well

george w
12-29-2015, 06:09 AM
Seriously! I agree with both the post above, whats it gonna take to get a solid dirt track game to one of the new consoles seems like they came out on the old ones right before i newer console was released?

JMDraceHD98
12-29-2015, 09:59 AM
Looks pretty sweet. I see you can move the tires in. Bobby won't like to play this game much. :)

Rollover
12-29-2015, 04:01 PM
ill get it if its free but after dirt trackin im not paying for another dirt racing app

BloomerHarvickFan
12-30-2015, 12:14 PM
I loved the "Dirt Track Racing" PC game....It was great. You could download tracks and real driver paint schemes. I really wish they'd do another like that. Never cared too much for "Saturday Night Speedway"

racer67x
12-30-2015, 01:29 PM
I loved the "Dirt Track Racing" PC game....It was great. You could download tracks and real driver paint schemes. I really wish they'd do another like that. Never cared too much for "Saturday Night Speedway"

I played alot of DTR back in the day but that was another time..we were just getting into home pc's,the graphics were kinda cheezy but decent..the online play had a good bit of lag with flying cars and such but most of us didn't know any better and it was fun.
now everyone wants graphics that look better than real life,they want to play by phone,etc..

didn't take much to keep us happy in the DTR days.

anyone remember the weekly 5 lap contest with the crazy chicken recorder?

good times..lol

TackyTracker
12-30-2015, 03:11 PM
DTR was awesome stuff

Tony27
12-30-2015, 03:42 PM
I played alot of DTR back in the day but that was another time..we were just getting into home pc's,the graphics were kinda cheezy but decent..the online play had a good bit of lag with flying cars and such but most of us didn't know any better and it was fun.now everyone wants graphics that look better than real life,they want to play by phone,etc..didn't take much to keep us happy in the DTR days.anyone remember the weekly 5 lap contest with the crazy chicken recorder?good times..lolI still remember trying to make that (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) pink and white tiger striped car for you, lol. That thing was a pain! Haha.

153J
12-30-2015, 04:35 PM
there is still a small group of folks playin dtr2

chupp n bloomer fan
01-01-2016, 11:06 AM
DTR 2 was a good game. Not too technical, and you could sniff out the cheaters real quick. There was EVR I think was their name, and a few others. I played it pretty serious.

Now it's RFactor and the twenty different mods of late models, and thirty different versions of the same dam track. And you really gotta work at it and I need a new wheel. Mono ain't it now, it's the G27 I think.

jlacey
01-01-2016, 11:53 AM

I kinda liked Saturday Night Speedway. Probably bc it was the 1st DLM racing game i had seen on a console. If i remember correctly it had a few real tracks like Lernerville and Knoxville but all the drivers were made up names.

shaferz
01-05-2016, 10:25 AM
Couldn't help but notice a #FALS sign during the Late Model in-car video... haha

WisWildManFan
01-05-2016, 10:54 AM
Couldn't help but notice a #FALS sign during the Late Model in-car video... hahaI didn't realize the late model portion was supposed to be fairbury...Forgot the banking. Looks like better graphics than dirt trackin but less realistic driving and track configs

MotoMatt
01-05-2016, 12:10 PM
When is this supposed to be released?

And to all you Dirt Trackin haters, it's still my go to stall time entertainment...

shaferz
01-05-2016, 12:19 PM
I didn't realize the late model portion was supposed to be fairbury...Forgot the banking. Looks like better graphics than dirt trackin but less realistic driving and track configs

If that was supposed to be Fairbury, it still needs some work for sure. I just noticed the FALS graphics on what looks like a sponsor board in the video.

Photo here:

http://i68.tinypic.com/33m7blz.jpg

WisWildManFan
01-05-2016, 12:42 PM
I took that same photo as the scoreboard. Other longer tracks didn't have it.

Rollover
01-05-2016, 04:14 PM
When is this supposed to be released?

And to all you Dirt Trackin haters, it's still my go to stall time entertainment...

nothing wrong with the dirt trackin game itself, its the lack of updates and the inability to ever connect with people on the multiplayer mode. racing the computer gets pretty boring after a while and they dont seem to try and fix the issues

jog49
01-06-2016, 08:22 AM
They intentionally left off the multiplayer mode for a reason, considering who would probably be playing the game. Two good ol' boys, playing the game, drinking beer, would eventually take each other out on the game's track. A fight would break out and one would try to bash the other one's skull in with a tire tool (just like at the real tracks) and that creates a liability issue. Now you know the rest of the story!

cwismer06
01-06-2016, 09:05 AM
after playing rfactor for the pc and how much you can do with it wont matter what game comes out for ps4/xbox cause nothing is gonna be able to top that

Catfish N Rice 11
01-06-2016, 09:40 AM
If you want a Dirt Track Racing game, try rFactor, its not easy, but its pretty fun. Guys run league races, races for money (world 100, chili bowl) and has about every type of car you can imagine

aflack83
01-06-2016, 10:01 AM
What game is it you have to install on your PC to get rfactor? I have heard before but cannot remember?

SFrancisFan15
01-06-2016, 10:38 AM
What game is it you have to install on your PC to get rfactor? I have heard before but cannot remember?

dirtfactor mod

aflack83
01-06-2016, 12:04 PM
Isnt there an actual game you have to have though? Then you dowload the mods for it? Or is it strictly downloads? SOrry I'm lost lol.

allthegoodnamesaretaken
01-06-2016, 12:15 PM
Rfactor is the name of the game, then you download mods for it.

aflack83
01-06-2016, 02:24 PM
Ok thank you much

racer67x
01-09-2016, 12:48 AM
I still remember trying to make that (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) pink and white tiger striped car for you, lol. That thing was a pain! Haha.

lol..I have the game with everything still installed on the backroom computer.

have to fire it up one day and see if those skins still work.

00Hdmn
02-25-2016, 12:44 PM
Everyone on here that wants a realistic game on PS4 needs to get behind the backing of the new BIG Ant studios game. I have attached a link below!!!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bigant/big-ant-dirt-track-racing

W2Racing09
02-25-2016, 01:22 PM
after playing rfactor for the pc and how much you can do with it wont matter what game comes out for ps4/xbox cause nothing is gonna be able to top that

rFactor is a good sim for sure but I don't think it is the end all be all. For instance Big Ant is talking about the track changing over the course of the night (IE, Cushion build up, etc.) along with tear offs and things like that. A career mode sounds awesome as well.

Personally I'm a single player type of person when I play games. I don't have a schedule that allows me to race at a certain time every week and on top of that I have my own race car to deal with now. Big Ant is appealing to a mass audience, and I think will likely provide better just about everything than the dirt mods in rfactor can, everything from the tire model to the track builder are going to be designed with dirt racing in mind, where as rfactor was designed with road racing in mind.

Not to mention comparing rFactor multiplayer to iRacing multiplayer makes me never want to run in the mobile demolition derbies that the open multiplayer on rFactor has become.

Thanks,
Jeff.

Barbecueboy
02-25-2016, 04:42 PM
They intentionally left off the multiplayer mode for a reason, considering who would probably be playing the game. Two good ol' boys, playing the game, drinking beer, would eventually take each other out on the game's track. A fight would break out and one would try to bash the other one's skull in with a tire tool (just like at the real tracks) and that creates a liability issue. Now you know the rest of the story!

The have 1980s lakeview in that game?????

Scott Boesel
02-25-2016, 09:42 PM
Looks pretty good to be a phone app. Wish we could get a game like that for PS4/XBOX

It will be available for ps4 and xbox 1 If they get the funding it will be released in August of 2017

153J
02-26-2016, 12:32 PM
http://www.onedirt.com/news/dirt-track-racing-video-game-needs-our-help/