PDA

View Full Version : body and decking ?

steveshawjr
12-30-2015, 09:46 AM
I just got my self a latemodel for the first time .. more than capable of making my own body and decking but reading the ump rules and looking at photos of top running cars are they even close to the rules ?? I'm looking a pics of all the cars with big drop decks and even the hood is dropped below the body's dose the rules not state they have to level across the hood and fenders ? Just looking for some info before I start putting a Body on my car.

save the racers
12-30-2015, 10:35 AM
The spoiler ,end plates ,and rear deck height are the main things checked.Just get it kind of close on everything else till you start winning.

TheJet-09
12-30-2015, 03:25 PM
Agreed, rules are only an issue if they're actually enforced. I've had them check the driver's window opening as well, but probably because my car is older and doesn't have a tall cage (so it's close). I wouldn't get overly creative, but also consider the rules of any other organization/series you might run (i.e.- UMP allows you to drop the interior 4" at the back of the hood, but I believe Lucas states 3"). The rule that gets me, and I've never received an explanation on, is the rear deck being "level" 20 inches (or whatever the number was) from the rear of the quarters. Most every deck I see gradually slopes up/out to the very end of the deck (where the spoiler is), then again, I've not seen anyone enforce it.

steveshawjr
12-30-2015, 04:51 PM
Here's some photos of what I'm saying of Moyers cars just as an example looks like they drop the hood 1.5 -2 inches and than drop another 2 to be hind the driver if not more .. I like the over all look and know there are going to be some Benoit just don't want to run into problems when the ump tech guys show up two or three times a season

save the racers
12-30-2015, 05:45 PM
That is the same thing that I notice.I redid my deck just like it.At least we won't be the only ones to get kick out.lol

TheJet-09
12-30-2015, 06:29 PM
@Steve, what you mention is exactly my gripe with rules/lack of enforcement in the first place. You can run your local UMP track weekly and earn "national points" then as soon as your track hosts a $3K to win show, a tech guy shows up and tells you your spoiler sides are too big. "Wait, what? They're the same one's I've run every week!" Like someone said, if you start winning they'll take a closer look. Like I said, just don't go outside the norm (when in Rome...). As long as you can point to other cars and say they're no different than yours, you're probably okay.