PDA

View Full Version : saving racers $$$

DEKconsulting
12-30-2015, 05:46 PM
If the series r trying to save the racers $$$ outlawing spring rods and things r the Goin to outlaw the new xr1 by rocket that is almost 5gs more than a standard car for frame and body? Just a question nothing against rocket I run 1.

davis2902
12-30-2015, 06:11 PM
If the series r trying to save the racers $$$ outlawing spring rods and things r the Goin to outlaw the new xr1 by rocket that is almost 5gs more than a standard car for frame and body? Just a question nothing against rocket I run 1.

Nothing LOLMDS outlawed had anything to do with saving money, other than all the money teams now save on wheel and car covers. You take a survey among competitors and manufacturers about making certain items illegal. What do you think the outcome is going to be when only 1 team has said "working" device?

TheJet-09
12-30-2015, 06:13 PM
I don't know that their rule changes are a concerted effort to reduce costs. I believe it's more in the name of leveling the playing field. I suppose things like requiring you to run the same tires throughout the night help reduce costs, but something like a spec motor rule can cost just as much because we get carried away on lightweight lower end stuff. The flip side of the uber-expensive chassis would be shortening the wheel base on a '76 Impala and welding a roll cage in it, as long as it fits the rules. You'd be in the way, but save a ton of money!

formercrewguy
12-30-2015, 06:18 PM
2017 going to claimer motors..............

You heard it here first, folks.

xray
12-30-2015, 07:48 PM
Nah, motors and batteries. rocket by Tesla

DEKconsulting
12-30-2015, 08:00 PM
There press release stated that they were worried that Kevin engineering degree and technical advances would in increase the cost of dirt late model racing and hurt participation from regional racers so yes it's was about cost to.

Hovlane
12-30-2015, 10:42 PM
There press release stated that they were worried that Kevin engineering degree and technical advances would in increase the cost of dirt late model racing and hurt participation from regional racers so yes it's was about cost to.

That's it in a nut shell....It wasn't the parts were high cost or new and innovative... The problem was nobody was smart enough to figure out how it worked or how to adjust it. Other teams had made versions of and were running it. It's like the dog that finally catchs the car and then he doesn't know what to do with it.

Josh Bayko
12-31-2015, 07:52 AM
2017 going to claimer motors..............

You heard it here first, folks.

Like clamer rules have ever saved anybody a dime.

PushinTheLimit
12-31-2015, 08:14 AM
That's it in a nut shell....It wasn't the parts were high cost or new and innovative... The problem was nobody was smart enough to figure out how it worked or how to adjust it. Other teams had made versions of and were running it. It's like the dog that finally catches the car and then he doesn't know what to do with it.

Last sentence... great quote.

MasterSbilt_Racer
12-31-2015, 08:52 AM
Most racers are a silly bunch. They spend every dime they can on racing. Often on monkey see crap that does nothing for them or is a more expensive way to tune than what they already had.

CarolinaDirt
12-31-2015, 10:27 AM
My personal opinion there car counts dwindle in 2016 due to locals not spending the $ to meet their requirements for 1 or 2 races when they come to town .

MasterSbilt_Racer
12-31-2015, 10:32 AM
My personal opinion there car counts dwindle in 2016 due to locals not spending the $ to meet their requirements for 1 or 2 races when they come to town .

If they could get 20 full timers, they wouldn't want anyone else to show up with a car

let-r-eat
12-31-2015, 05:15 PM
Like Rumley is the only one around a DLM with an engineering degree?

Killing innovation isn't going to help the sport. Winners will always have what the rest of the field doesn't.

onlyfacts
01-01-2016, 08:34 AM
My personal opinion there car counts dwindle in 2016 due to locals not spending the $ to meet their requirements for 1 or 2 races when they come to town .Or they have figured out that they have a better chance to make more money going to a local or regional race in the same area. Rather than buying Lucas tires that they more than likey run one time or now changing their car to meet Lucas' NASCAR tech. Most Local cars are not teched to the degree that Lucas is proclaiming to save dirt racing. Want to run races off make the pretech and posttech the biggest time consuming event of the night and watch the car counts dwindle.... Look at pavement divisions or now crate cars... The more rules Fastrack and Rush add to help save crate racing the less cars they have. Main reason is racers don't want to be hassled and the more rules you have the more it costs to gain speed to get around the rules... Lucas will have the smallest car counts ever this year.

onlyfacts
01-01-2016, 08:45 AM
Like Rumley is the only one around a DLM with an engineering degree? Killing innovation isn't going to help the sport. Winners will always have what the rest of the field doesn't.100% Agee Jimmy and Chris Mars both have engineering degrees and there are a lot of manufactuers (almost all major companies) in the sport that have engineers working on design and r&do and rightfully so. Racing is dangerous... Cars and components should be designed by engineers and smart people. When you have a 2300lb mass of weight traveling over 100mph you need these guys. It is 2016 not 1916. Really sad that the success that Rumley had with half or less of the budget of the "big teams" with Lucas gets penalized... Lucas (aka- Hitler) basically saying you can't upset our apple cart.. Sad. Hopefully none of the rule changes cause saftey issues for Lucas implementing the amount of rules they have could have liabilities. I bet if the of real story behind the scenes of what really happened was known that caused Lucas to do this most race fans would be upset.

TheJet-09
01-01-2016, 09:13 AM
I'd be willing to bet car counts stay the same. Lucas only need worry about the regulars because they take home the majority of the money, and after a few nights into the season they'll have a good understanding of what they need to be looking for. For most everyone who posts on here, our cars aren't getting checked any more than they would have last year..."Run over the scale and we'll paint mark your tires. Oh yeah, make sure you have them contingency stickers on too!"

onlyfacts
01-01-2016, 09:23 AM
I'd be willing to bet car counts stay the same. Lucas only need worry about the regulars because they take home the majority of the money, and after a few nights into the season they'll have a good understanding of what they need to be looking for. For most everyone who posts on here, our cars aren't getting checked any more than they would have last year..."Run over the scale and we'll paint mark your tires. Oh yeah, make sure you have them contingency stickers on too!"You must not have read the new rule updates that are highlited in Red or talked with any Lucas series officials.... Check back this time next year and we will see who was right on car count average for the season...maybe you will be and I hope you are for the sport.

TRocket8
01-01-2016, 10:44 AM
If LM series were serious about saving teams money, they would of outlawed wide note engines, but they did not. They talk about saving local racing and wanting more local racers, well cutting engine cost would help the local racers the most.

jog49
01-01-2016, 11:00 AM
The new rules were an effort to limit a "fair" advantage to the status of an "unfair" advantage because the natives had grown restless and were grumbling. Nothing more, nothing less........and quite clear to many observers.

chupp n bloomer fan
01-01-2016, 11:24 AM
If the series r trying to save the racers $$$ outlawing spring rods and things r the Goin to outlaw the new xr1 by rocket that is almost 5gs more than a standard car for frame and body? Just a question nothing against rocket I run 1.Rocket and Pierce both had new cars out. And Lucas doesn't care what you're charging for the car. They care what gadgets you are running under it. And it's a start. Wide bores seem to be on the radar too.

The smart and hungry guys will always be the fastest, but they gotta have some control on stuff. And I don't care who agrees or disagrees with me, but they needed to make rule changes. Maybe not to the extent they did, but it is what it is. And they'll do just fine in car counts.

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-01-2016, 12:11 PM
Rocket and Pierce both had new cars out. And Lucas doesn't care what you're charging for the car. They care what gadgets you are running under it. And it's a start. Wide bores seem to be on the radar too.

The smart and hungry guys will always be the fastest, but they gotta have some control on stuff. And I don't care who agrees or disagrees with me, but they needed to make rule changes. Maybe not to the extent they did, but it is what it is. And they'll do just fine in car counts.

We have had control on stuff for decades.