PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Owens

BadlandsBandit12
12-31-2015, 05:27 PM
I just heard per facebook, they have left Brian Rowlands team and joined R and W Motorsports and is driving a Barry wright race car and custom engines for 2016.

hmm interesting, I knew that deal with Roland would not last and I called it the beginning of last year 2015.

huskerdirt
12-31-2015, 05:31 PM
Where's RoundNRound at to tell me he's not driving a BWRC????? Lol

RoundNrOUND
12-31-2015, 06:42 PM
It might say BWRC on it but it's going to have his twist on it. He will have his own chassis before long I gaurentee that.

zyoung25
12-31-2015, 06:55 PM
I'm more interested in who the R&W is? I'm W is Wright....maybe?

hobby12
12-31-2015, 07:45 PM
Badlands....why did you think the deal with Rowland wasn't gonna work? I guess obviously you were right! Just curious as there are always 2 sides to a story and we really haven't heard anything other than they split

Wells Racing Photos
12-31-2015, 08:01 PM
Jimmy didn't seem as happy this past year as he has in years past at all. Did it have to do with performance? Possibly, but he wasn't the same laid back easy going guy as the one I had known for many years.

MUD MAESTRO
12-31-2015, 08:32 PM
Now we know who Jimmy is driving for...... the next big question is who will replace Owens on the Rowland team?

plunks7
12-31-2015, 10:36 PM
It will be a 1 year deal I bet!!! I also hope he will not run a BWRC. A 5th place finishing car at best!!!!!

pushin cushin
12-31-2015, 11:23 PM
Now we know who Jimmy is driving for...... the next big question is who will replace Owens on the Rowland team?

I'd really like to see Ricky Thorton Jr get a shot at the ride, for at least the WWS in Tucson.

powerslide
01-01-2016, 12:13 AM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Rowland won't have a national late model team next year.

plunks7
01-01-2016, 12:26 AM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Rowland won't have a national late model team next year.

I totally agree. If you can't get along with Jimmy Owens who would want to race for them!!!

Nasty55
01-01-2016, 01:32 AM
I just want to see Jimmy get back to his winning ways myself whether it be in a BWRC or his own stuff....

D. Tidrow
01-01-2016, 04:55 AM
Badlands....why did you think the deal with Rowland wasn't gonna work? I guess obviously you were right! Just curious as there are always 2 sides to a story and we really haven't heard anything other than they splitThe money ran out! Why else you think it ended? This ain't Johnny J. Steel. Bang Bang!I hope this new endeavor works out for jimmy but it takes lots of money to run Lucas oil.

MUD MAESTRO
01-01-2016, 10:16 AM
The money ran out! Why else you think it ended? This ain't Johnny J. Steel. Bang Bang!I hope this new endeavor works out for jimmy but it takes lots of money to run Lucas oil.

your right....its always about money.

Jonezy
01-01-2016, 10:23 AM
R&W= Reece & Wright???????

LMPunk
01-01-2016, 10:24 AM
I'm more interested in who the R&W is? I'm W is Wright....maybe?

Also wondering this, and curious as to why it wasn't mentioned in the release there. Seems like something you'd clarify. We'll find out soon enough I suppose.

ready2rd
01-01-2016, 12:43 PM
R&w = ramirez & wright ?

fastford
01-01-2016, 01:20 PM
I just want to see Jimmy get back to his winning ways myself whether it be in a BWRC or his own stuff....

I feel the same nasty, ive herd some gossip thru the rumor mill , and im not gone repeat it here, but it seems that barry may be having some sort of personal issues right now, I personally think a loss gruff LM chassis is coming soon.

zyoung25
01-01-2016, 01:25 PM

I can agree with this. I don't think it has anything to do with not being able to get along with Jimmy though.....money. That team looked to be just drained at the end of the year. Reminded me a lot of how Blankenships team looked at the end 2014. I'm talking before Barry stepped in at the national.

Barbecueboy
01-01-2016, 01:33 PM
R&w = ramirez & wright ?

Rumley/Walmart

Those Lucas guys are in big freaking trouble next year.

ready2rd
01-01-2016, 01:50 PM
Yessssss sir bbq boy is on it walmart /rumley roll back prices

pushin cushin
01-01-2016, 01:53 PM
If it came down to money, wouldn't the release just say that Rowland Motorsports is just going to take a step back in 2016, rather than saying they could not come up with an agreement between the two parties? Smells more like a chemistry issue than funds... I am not saying that they dislike one another, but the chemistry just wasn't there. They gave it a shot and it didn't work.

When I made the suggestion about Ricky Thorton Jr as a replacement, I should have been more specific. He not ready for ANY National tour, but I was thinking more like the MLRA.

zyoung25
01-01-2016, 02:03 PM
If it came down to money, wouldn't the release just say that Rowland Motorsports is just going to take a step back in 2016, rather than saying they could not come up with an agreement between the two parties? Smells more like a chemistry issue than funds... I am not saying that they dislike one another, but the chemistry just wasn't there. They gave it a shot and it didn't work.

When I made the suggestion about Ricky Thorton Jr as a replacement, I should have been more specific. He not ready for ANY National tour, but I was thinking more like the MLRA.

I also didn't say they wouldn't run a tour. It takes a lot more jack to run lucas than it does the mlra or cbc. That was my point.

kazual
01-01-2016, 02:23 PM
Many of us see cheaper fuel prices as a good thing. But possible race team budget cutbacks are the other side of the coin. There has been a proliferation of better funded modified teams in Oklahoma, Louisiana and Texas in the last decade, some of those have spanned over to late models. But for the trucking companies, production and drilling firms, oil well service companies and other associated businesses the price of a barrell of oil falling by two thirds is going to cause them to assess how their money is spent. Rowland isn't the first and surely won't be the last energy related business to cut back on racing team related expenditures.

oldfart50
01-01-2016, 04:06 PM
If it came down to money, wouldn't the release just say that Rowland Motorsports is just going to take a step back in 2016, rather than saying they could not come up with an agreement between the two parties? Smells more like a chemistry issue than funds... I am not saying that they dislike one another, but the chemistry just wasn't there. They gave it a shot and it didn't work. When I made the suggestion about Ricky Thorton Jr as a replacement, I should have been more specific. He not ready for ANY National tour, but I was thinking more like the MLRA. NO... I have never known any money guy to admit he cant afford to do something. Their ego wont let them. So they will say anything but the truth...

pushin cushin
01-01-2016, 06:22 PM
NO... I have never known any money guy to admit he cant afford to do something. Their ego wont let them. So they will say anything but the truth...

I understand your statement and agree. But I think if it was money, Jimmy probably had a hunch sometime last season money was starting to become an issue. With that being said, you'd think he would have had something else in place for next season before now. It would seem he is scrambling a bit to get his program ready for speed weeks.

hobby12
01-01-2016, 09:04 PM
I agree with Pushin cushion....I just don't think it worked out for either party! Of course everyone is gonna blame Rowland whether it be him running out of money or whatever they wanna blame it on. But maybe Rowland wasn't happy with jimmy either....just remember there is always two sides to a story. Jimmy and Reece split and now Rowland and it's automatically not jimmys fault for anything. I'm sure Rowland and jimmy are the only 2 who know exactly what is going on between them and the rest doesn't matter anyway.
Btw...I'm gonna guess the R&W team is Ramirez and Weder. Weder has affiliation with Owens in the past!

huskerdirt
01-01-2016, 09:48 PM
Many of us see cheaper fuel prices as a good thing. But possible race team budget cutbacks are the other side of the coin. There has been a proliferation of better funded modified teams in Oklahoma, Louisiana and Texas in the last decade, some of those have spanned over to late models. But for the trucking companies, production and drilling firms, oil well service companies and other associated businesses the price of a barrell of oil falling by two thirds is going to cause them to assess how their money is spent. Rowland isn't the first and surely won't be the last energy related business to cut back on racing team related expenditures.

I approve this post.

I'm predicting Rowland won't field a team in 2016.

dirtdobber45
01-02-2016, 09:29 AM
I think Jimmy seen it coming when Stormy got dropped. If Rowland has a team this year itll be a mod team theyre cheaper to run.

NormP
01-02-2016, 11:27 AM
It will be a 1 year deal I bet!!! I also hope he will not run a BWRC. A 5th place finishing car at best!!!!!

Wasn't the last race he won in a BWRC?

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
01-02-2016, 12:32 PM
Wasn't the last race he won in a BWRC?

He sure was normp!

bigdirtdaddy
01-02-2016, 08:54 PM
Could R&W be Reece& Wright?

BadlandsBandit12
01-02-2016, 10:47 PM
He changes drivers all the time in USMTS. I just figured because of that it will not last. Maybe his situation will be better now then it was with Rowland.

Badlands....why did you think the deal with Rowland wasn't gonna work? I guess obviously you were right! Just curious as there are always 2 sides to a story and we really haven't heard anything other than they split

dirtdobber45
01-03-2016, 10:20 AM
Well I hope him and his new team have a great season. Been a fan since he was driving street stocks at volunteer speedway(The GAP) hes a very nice guy and one heck of a driver

Barbecueboy
01-03-2016, 11:33 AM
Well I hope him and his new team have a great season. Been a fan since he was driving street stocks at volunteer speedway(The GAP) hes a very nice guy and one heck of a driver

That's a mouthful right there........and oh so true.

Jimmy just seems to be one of those guys that likes to " figure stuff out"......he came over to our site one year at volusia when I was cooking up some que for everyone and hung out , asked questions on why , what and how we did our stuff.

Was pretty flattering that he would even care...........he is a very cool customer.

b1eagle
01-03-2016, 01:16 PM
Did Jimmy get the secret recipe

plunks7
01-03-2016, 02:15 PM

I think he did. He will be out of the BWRC sooner than later. :)

Bigracer93
01-03-2016, 09:01 PM
Rowland gets rich spends big goes racing goes broke and rinse and repeat.. That's how things go for him.. That's why he has had so many different drivers in usmts

Barbecueboy
01-04-2016, 07:42 AM

Yup..........

JMDraceHD98
01-04-2016, 07:57 AM
Sure would be nice if birky got in that ride for just regional and big money shows...i know, very thoughtful thinking there. If it had to do with Jimmy not getting along with Rowland, there is no way a birky/rowland combo would have anyone coming out alive.