PDA

View Full Version : Pit lift???

jrkracing54
01-09-2016, 01:10 AM
I'm sure this had been on here several times but who makes the best pit lift? I'm interested in any pro's or con's. I'm looking at the E-Z Lift from MLR Fab. It looks like a nice piece. Most nights it's just me and my wife at the track and it seems that we can cut down on a lot of grunt work if I get a lift. She cringes every time I tell her to get the car up on jack stands so I think this will help us in the long haul. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. John 1*

RacerX10
01-09-2016, 08:55 AM
Your racing "team" is just like mine ! :)

FlatTire
01-09-2016, 09:58 AM
Ive had a MLR for several years. I highly recommend one. I had 2 minior problems and Larry took care of it for free. I was amazed, dont think most would have. Awesome customer service and a solid product.

zeroracing
01-09-2016, 10:36 AM
I've heard MLR has killer customer service, Scott groves on Facebook is selling a very nice looking piece. I am in the same boat as its on my list to get one...

jrkracing54
01-09-2016, 09:22 PM
I've heard MLR has killer customer service, Scott groves on Facebook is selling a very nice looking piece. I am in the same boat as its on my list to get one...

Yea my wife is not too stoked on the idea just yet because that $$$ could be spent doing other things but I'm sure once she figures out how much of a help it is she we be glad we did it. I'm thinking about giving it to her for Valentine's Day. It beats a vacuum cleaner every day of the week. LOL. John 1*

rocketman24
01-10-2016, 11:22 AM
We got an MLR before last season, and had NO problems with it. Good piece with a good price, and I don't think we would ever go racing without a lift again, it makes raising the whole car safe and hassle free! Unless you need to back the car into the pit stall, its easy to just line it up with the trailer door and drive right over it when you get back to the trailer...

Chris Steele
01-10-2016, 07:36 PM
I just shared a pit lift on my Facebook page and wanting feedback. It's a steel frame with a single cylinder....$1000 plus shipping and add your own battery. I found it on the 'Dirt Late Models For Sale' page on Facebook.

50j
01-11-2016, 06:44 AM
MLR. Larry is good to deal with, nice stuff.

cjsracing
01-11-2016, 09:08 AM
I have an MLR lift and it is awesome. Most of the time it is just me and my dad and he thinks it's the best thing I ever bought.

stock car driver - the nice thing about the MLR is that it doesn't have that positioning arm some of the others do. Because it doesn't have this arm you don't have to move it. Before I unload the car I position the lift in place, then unload the car, go out and race and drive back over it. I have never once run it over doing this and just have to slightly reposition once I get out of the car. Done this numerous times when at the track by myself.

ledfootproducts
01-11-2016, 09:26 AM
I've heard MLR has killer customer service, Scott groves on Facebook is selling a very nice looking piece. I am in the same boat as its on my list to get one... I believe Scott is selling Dirt Car Lifts: http://www.dirtcarlift.com/

Kromulous
01-11-2016, 10:01 AM
Does the ground have to be dead level for these to work properly?

I am worried about uneven lies etc and the car sliding acoss the lift and off to the ground, is there a safety to keep the car in place?

Thanks, Krom.

parocket
01-12-2016, 01:16 PM
I don't know why I wanted so long to buy one. I got a MLR just in time for the last 3 day weekend show, I will never go without. We use in shop and at track.

Matt49
01-12-2016, 01:20 PM
Funny story...we race quite a bit with Larry and his team. We were standing around one night before the races talking about their lift and they said that if they ever got to the track and realized they left it at home, they would probably just load back up and head to the house.
Many seem to share that sentiment.

FlatTire
01-12-2016, 02:47 PM
Krom, the ground doesn't have to be perfect level. However, the more level the ground, the better supported the lift is and the less likely you are to bend something up. I set mine on some dry ground once and directly beneath the perch for the safety leg was a large crack in the soil. When I released the cylinder pressure to set the weight down on the safety legs, one of the legs pushed on the perch and busted it off because the perch wasn't supported by anything due to the hole in the ground. Had to weld the perch back on. I have since designed my own steel perches that bolt on to spread the load out more incase that does happen again.

Its one of the best investments I've ever made in racing. Its much safer than a floor jack and jack stands. Also, save a lot of time.

Lizardracing
01-12-2016, 11:44 PM
Is there room under the car for transmission and drive line work?

JustAddDirt
01-13-2016, 07:53 AM
Is there room under the car for transmission and drive line work?

Probably not a lot, it would be easiest to have a removable right side body, so you can get in to driveline/lift bar/oil tank easier.

37mod
01-17-2016, 07:58 PM
I made my own. It's now an essential tool that I use all the time. I mounted the pump in the trailer with a quick connector on the back. I then add a long hose so it can also be used in the garage. Much safer on dirt than jack stands and saves a ton of labor.

derricklong38
01-19-2016, 04:42 PM
37mod care to share info on yours? Pm me