PDA

View Full Version : USA Nationals Cedar Lake Question

dirt crow
01-10-2016, 12:59 PM
Will be marking this one off my bucket list this year. Wondering about seating, best spots? Advance tickets? Inside secrets? Things to do at track? Just any info a first timer needs to know. Thanks. Looking forward to it.

Dirtmod13
01-10-2016, 01:20 PM
Lots of cool people down in pits. Decent amount of seating on that side too. Lots of tailgating. Some guys bought reserve seating on pit side. I would definitely do that if you bring a few people.

intel8
01-10-2016, 03:43 PM
Great track. Best seats (imo) are on the backstretch, lots of camping area, showers at the track, bus shuttle to the river tube float, New Richmond area has lots to offer, 5-8 miles away, reserve seating gets bought up fast and blankets get put down very early. They offer breakfast at the track on Fri, & Sat. morn. First went to this track 10 years ago and been back every year since. Good luck

Minnesotadirt
01-10-2016, 06:19 PM
Reserved seating is a good idea. Probably more good seats available on the back stretch. Great seats back there but you do have the sun in your eyes early in the evening. I heard they are making more camping spots but I would reserve one for sure. Great track. Great atmosphere. Plenty to do, golf, tube, tail gate, wander the pits. Not to be missed.

Tireguy17
01-11-2016, 10:05 AM
Definitely get Reserved Seats sooner than later. We sit in Section A on the Frontstretch and love the view of watching them fly into Turn 1. If its a warm weekend, you will sit in the sun on the backstretch if that matters.

plunks7
01-11-2016, 01:12 PM
Great track. Best seats (imo) are on the backstretch, lots of camping area, showers at the track, bus shuttle to the river tube float, New Richmond area has lots to offer, 5-8 miles away, reserve seating gets bought up fast and blankets get put down very early. They offer breakfast at the track on Fri, & Sat. morn. First went to this track 10 years ago and been back every year since. Good luck

Intel, Did you get things worked out there?

SHOE32
01-11-2016, 03:39 PM
I always park on backstretch side. You can usually get spot right by entrance gate,and still be close to pit gate after races.

intel8
01-11-2016, 04:30 PM
Hi Plunks, I am on the waiting list. I may even get a picnic table down in front. We will have the suite again at Dbq (#10) be sure and drop by.

KSDIRTFAN
01-11-2016, 07:27 PM
I sat in the backstretch grandstands last year and as long as you are up high you can see the entire track. I would highly recommend reserving seats early. I wound up going at the last minute and just about every seat was taken, but was lucky to get one on second section from the north side fourth row from top. Seats are going fast on the top rows. How are the camping spots reserved there? It looked like first come first serve as to where you parked your camper. They were allover the place back there.

intel8
01-11-2016, 08:15 PM
I camp on the backstretch every year, get there early Thurs. pull into my normal spot, short time later man on golf cart pulls up and issues me my camping permit and things fill up around me. Pretty much the same people every year in my area, Great weekend!

plunks7
01-11-2016, 11:18 PM
I sat in the backstretch grandstands last year and as long as you are up high you can see the entire track. I would highly recommend reserving seats early. I wound up going at the last minute and just about every seat was taken, but was lucky to get one on second section from the north side fourth row from top. Seats are going fast on the top rows. How are the camping spots reserved there? It looked like first come first serve as to where you parked your camper. They were allover the place back there.

Call now!!!! We book ours a year in advance. Sat. afternoon of the last night to be exact. We also camp in the back. The price does not change if you show up on Mon. or thurs. $35.00 regardless of when you show up. Total

JMDraceHD98
01-12-2016, 08:20 AM
And if you are a bloomer fan you are always guaranteed to see him race the feature! He gets the double secret "bloomer provisional" no matter what!

(Have to give plunks a hard time) :)

plunks7
01-12-2016, 11:31 AM
And if you are a bloomer fan you are always guaranteed to see him race the feature! He gets the double secret "bloomer provisional" no matter what!

You can take that to the bank and save it for sure!!!!! That's why I go. :)

dirt crow
01-14-2016, 09:27 PM
Thanks for all the info. Will get reserved seats immediately. Not camping though. Staying in Minneapolis. .....that bloomer line was funny. Lol

dirt crow
01-15-2016, 10:45 AM
Top of B or C section in turn 1. Lawn chair seats. Those any good? Full track view?

Tireguy17
01-15-2016, 11:17 AM
They will be fine if you want to stand or have a tall chair. Most people that use the lawn chair row (we have those in Section A) have director-style chairs to sit up above the people sitting in the top row in front of you.

We've used these and they work good
http://www.campingworld.com/browse/skus/index.cfm?skunum=69123&rewrote&affiliateid=5193&gclid=CKWOxZSprMoCFZOBaQodyRQLxQ

Mud
01-15-2016, 06:17 PM
Menomonie Wis has a ton of good motel rooms in the $65 Range located on I-94 about a 40 min drive from the track. Also has lots of good restraunts and bars.

mudmaker
01-16-2016, 07:17 AM

Don't forget the tissues for your boy plunks. He may have to do a,little crying and make up a reason to get in.
Jake decided he is going this year?

dirt crow
01-16-2016, 10:36 AM
Menomonie Wis has a ton of good motel rooms in the $65 Range located on I-94 about a 40 min drive from the track. Also has lots of good restraunts and bars.

I got a super sweet deal in Minneapolis at a 5 star hotel that I couldn't pass up. Gotta see mall of America while I'm up that way. ...it's really a major bucket list trip for an Alabamian. Gonna do Mt Rushmore, Devils Tower, Deadwood, Badlands, just see America the week before all leading up to Cedar Lake.

dmr37
01-18-2016, 08:41 AM
I got a super sweet deal in Minneapolis at a 5 star hotel that I couldn't pass up. Gotta see mall of America while I'm up that way. ...it's really a major bucket list trip for an Alabamian. Gonna do Mt Rushmore, Devils Tower, Deadwood, Badlands, just see America the week before all leading up to Cedar Lake.

that sounds like a great trip made even better with the racin' finale. Just be sure to wipe your feet before going back to your 5 star hotel room.