PDA

View Full Version : Cambered rr

fastcar
01-12-2016, 08:35 AM
Seen some talks about clambering the rr. Thought about it a couple years ago but seem to hear more about it now. Are guys doing it? Is it that much of and advantage? How many degrees and what all needs to be changed to do it?

Thanks

Matt49
01-12-2016, 09:08 AM
We're already cambering both rear tires using stagger...food for thought.
Cambering the way most people talk about it requires a different axle tube and a different driver plate to allow for the misalignment of the axle itself in the splines. Strange Oval makes such a drive flange and they are really proud of them.

fastford
01-12-2016, 09:17 AM
matt is right, the only time we ran a cambered rt rear was when we were not running hardly any stagger....

RacerX10
01-12-2016, 09:54 AM
Had that on my Rayburn back in the late 90's. Totally not worth bothering with, but I still have the setup for both L and R cambered if you wanna make me an offer, I'll ship it to ya ! :)

Matt49
01-12-2016, 01:22 PM
On but also off topic. Has anyone ever considered the possibility of running TOE in the rear using a "cambered" axle tube. I've given this quite a bit of thought in the past and his thread has re-kindled my interest.

RacerX10
01-12-2016, 01:42 PM
On but also off topic. Has anyone ever considered the possibility of running TOE in the rear using a "cambered" axle tube. I've given this quite a bit of thought in the past and his thread has re-kindled my interest.

I can't figure out why nobody has built a DLM with independent rear suspension.

Matt49
01-12-2016, 01:51 PM

From a practicality standpoint, my guess is more moving parts means less reliability. And I could also imagine the entire thing increasing overall weight but I'm not sure.

From a rules standpoint, see Lucas Oil rule 12.14.F and UMP rule 15.1.4.C.

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-12-2016, 02:04 PM

It is not legal. Used to be in wissota though.

01-12-2016, 06:50 PM
Over here we ran a cambered RR deal on our modified. It did give us 3 tenths, but we also didnt run any more than 1" of stagger.The kit we used was from an Australia company called 'Race Products' We dont seem to need it on a late model though. I'dsay because of the 5-6 inches of stagger, the inside edge of the rr tyre is loaded already.

fastford
01-12-2016, 07:09 PM
I know some one years ago that ran a negative cambered left rear to get inside side bite on the left rear, never saw any speed though.....

RacerX10
01-12-2016, 08:04 PM
From a practicality standpoint, my guess is more moving parts means less reliability. And I could also imagine the entire thing increasing overall weight but I'm not sure.

From a rules standpoint, see Lucas Oil rule 12.14.F and UMP rule 15.1.4.C.

Well there ya go ... thanks Matt !