PDA

View Full Version : Lucas Oil Late Model Series GA/FL - question

Porkchop-Racing
01-16-2016, 08:18 PM
I have seen a few posts from people making the trip to either Brunswick or East Bay for the first time. Is making the trip for the 10 nights of racing worth it? Seen the complaints about one groove train races and now starting to doubt the decision to go. Is it better to save the time/money for later in season? Also are the crowds and car count decent? Thx in advance - PCR

GEAR_HEAD
01-17-2016, 11:15 AM
In my opinion it's better to do 10 nights of the Summernationals than 10 nights of Florida from a racing quality perspective. The nice things about Florida is the weather is nicer than in most other parts of the country, so even if the racing sucks it's still better than being in the snow. There is also lots to do in the Tampa area so the Eastbay trip definitely feels like a vacation. It all depends on what you're looking for...a vacation or good racing.

Bubstr
01-17-2016, 12:50 PM
Georgia Florida is a get away from the cold, vacation. I don't mind the racing at Volutia Co, but you could see better racing. I80, Knoxville, Fairbury, Cedar Lake and Eldora.

When I do the Speed weeks thing, I stay till time for the Illini 100, if the weather is good. Longer, if not.

d-glenn
01-18-2016, 01:59 PM
At East Bay I have seen good racing and I have seen bad racing, this being my 16 year, the fellowship with the friends I have made, makes the trip worth going...

Barbecueboy
01-18-2016, 02:41 PM
At East Bay I have seen good racing and I have seen bad racing, this being my 16 year, the fellowship with the friends I have made, makes the trip worth going...

Roger that ghost rider.........excellent point glen.

As someone that has a toy hauler that we travel with quite a bit, you mentioned camper fire.

What happened and was it preventable.......I try to do a pretty good walk around anytime we use ours.....pm me if you feel like it , tell me what I should be looking for.

Sounds like a bad deal, hope there were no injuries.

zach51
01-18-2016, 03:25 PM
I am going to make it down for at least a couple nights at east bay, then try to see the WOO Sprints at Volusia, and maybe Lucas at the Bubba raceway park. I've never been to any of those tracks. I skipped the chili bowl for the first time in 20 years to save that vacation for Florida in February, I hope it is fun. Even more so, I hope I can meet some fellow fans.

Like d-glenn, the friends at the races are the highlight of the trip always. Especially the people from Wisconsin that always have awesome cheese to share!

Goodwrench
01-19-2016, 06:26 AM
(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ie, you are correct on all accounts. We will be there on Sunday as usual, will be in Waycross that weekend but not even going to Golden Isles, i can wait for East Bay.

Barbecueboy
01-19-2016, 07:44 AM
I'm kinda anxious to see the modifieds at golden isle.........that portion of the show is shaping up to be a barn burner.