PDA

View Full Version : IMCA Deery Brothers Summer Series 2016 Schedule.....

HoosierDirtFan
01-21-2016, 08:43 PM
IMCA Deery Brothers Summer Series
2016 Schedule
- - - - - - - - - -
DATE - TRACK - LOCATION - PURSE
April 8 - Davenport Speedway - Davenport, Iowa - $5,000
April 9 - West Liberty Raceway - West Liberty, Iowa - $2,000
April 15 - Farley Speedway - Farley, Iowa - $2,000
April 16 - Hamilton County Speedway - Webster City, Iowa - $2,000

May 1 - Quad City Speedway - East Moline, Illinois - $2,000
May 30 - Boone Speedway - Boone, Iowa - $2,000

June 7 - Marshalltown Speedway - Marshalltown, Iowa - $2,000
June 14 - West Liberty Raceway - West Liberty, Iowa - $2,0009

July 6 - Independence Motor Speedway - Independence, Iowa - $2,000
July 7 - Kossuth County Speedway - Algona, Iowa - $2,000
July 10 - Dubuque Speedway - Dubuque, Iowa - $2,000
July 29 - Iowa State Fair Speedway - Des Moines, Iowa - $2,000

August 2 - Cedar County Raceway - Tipton, Iowa - $2,000

September 2-3 - Farley Speedway - Farley, Iowa - $7,500
September 8 - Boone Speedway - Boone, Iowa - $3,000
September 23-24 - West Liberty Raceway - West Liberty, Iowa - $4,000

Bumpandrun
01-22-2016, 08:06 AM
I'm sorry, but this series is stale. I see they cut the winner's purse back to $2000.

Bubstr
01-22-2016, 09:06 AM
I'm sorry, but this series is stale. I see they cut the winner's purse back to $2000.

I happen to think, they put on pretty good races. Drivers like Justin Kay, Brian Harris, Ray Gus and Matt Ryan make things pretty interesting. Far from stale. I don't know the particulars, but heard they added money to the back of the pack and are going to run a non qualifiers race. Even though there is never enough money for the race teams, this isn't bad for a limited LM.

BerckFan
01-22-2016, 10:01 AM

I think it has it's place actually. :) Yes the winners purse was cut and distributed throughout the rest of the field, which according to the article I read was done based on feedback from the drivers. There's a good amount of driver loyality in that series which is a good thing, and the shows I've seen have been always been good.

plunks7
01-22-2016, 05:58 PM
I happen to think, they put on pretty good races. Drivers like Justin Kay, Brian Harris, Ray Gus and Matt Ryan make things pretty interesting. Far from stale. I don't know the particulars, but heard they added money to the back of the pack and are going to run a non qualifiers race. Even though there is never enough money for the race teams, this isn't bad for a limited LM.

Brian Harris is retired. Kay will be running more Open shows. The 2nd of Sept. Race at Farley pays $2500.00 to Win. Their will be 2 complete shows at Farley. Sept 3rd is listed above.

retired racer
01-22-2016, 06:40 PM
plunks7 Kay has stated the last three years he was going to run more open shows ,what more than two this year? as far as Harris is concerned I'LL believe it when I see it, he'LL get a ride.

klemmabyna
01-22-2016, 06:46 PM
quick thoughts: I notice the race at the Iowa State Fair Speedway is at the end of july. glad they are still racing in des moines, but consider it very disappointing that it is no longer during the iowa state fair. must need to hold another concert on Tuesday nights.

stale series? gotta be honest. i'm a huge open late model fan, but deery shows have been some of the best racing I've seen. primarily because of the driver talent that has decided they still want to race, but can't afford to mortgage the house for a hobby.

best wishes to all who follow the series.

Scott Boesel
01-23-2016, 10:49 AM
I would love to attend one of these series races but seriously racing during the week days gives me no chance I think it's kinda stupid they are all during the week except for the specials

plunks7
01-23-2016, 12:19 PM
I would love to attend one of these series races but seriously racing during the week days gives me no chance I think it's kinda stupid they are all during the week except for the specials

You should consider the Yankee at Farley Sept. 2 & 3. Fri. & Sat.

CIRF
01-23-2016, 01:16 PM
When the Deery Brothers Series runs Davenport do they race on the 1/2 mile or on the little track?

It's great to see them run West Liberty 3 times, especially with racing on 1/2 mile tracks becoming increasingly rare.

fryefan
01-23-2016, 11:19 PM
When the Deery Brothers Series runs Davenport do they race on the 1/2 mile or on the little track?

It's great to see them run West Liberty 3 times, especially with racing on 1/2 mile tracks becoming increasingly rare.

Usually (maybe always) on the 1/4 mile track.

CIRF
01-24-2016, 12:18 AM
Thanks fryfan.

dirt33
01-24-2016, 10:40 AM

The series regulars run at weekly tracks on Fri/Sat/Sun, so IMCA does not schedule Deery Brothers races on weekend nights during the portion of the year that their tracks are running their weekly shows. This way, the drivers don't have to choose between running the Deery series or running for national points and/or track points at their home track(s). It's been that way for as long as the series has existed. The Hawkeye Dirt Tour is the same way for modifieds.

Bubstr
01-24-2016, 11:11 AM

I'm thinking, they run during the week, so the racers can run for track championships and IMCA points fund on Fri, Sat and Sunday. The races that I saw was worth going to.

plunks7
01-24-2016, 01:47 PM
You are correct Bubstr. But if there is a Deery Race say Sat. night. That will be the only track that can give out any type of points for Imca, National. The other tracks can still run Late Models but no points awarded. Not even for track Champion. It's just like any other series 2 or 3 guys Seems to Win Every time.

MUD MAESTRO
01-24-2016, 03:28 PM
Good to see Davenport willing to pay these drivers a decent wage (5k) for the first race of the season. In a perfect world, more tracks should be willing to do the same.

plunks7
01-25-2016, 01:13 AM
Davenports race is on the 1/4 track.