PDA

View Full Version : EAMS BamaBash

bufordt
01-24-2016, 08:56 PM
From MN, going to FL and wondering if taking an extra day to go to EAMS for BamaBash for Lucas show is worth it. Can anyone comment? Normally, time doesn't allow for anything other than CLS and Knoxville shows. Never been to EAMS.Thanks for commenting.

Rich down South
01-24-2016, 10:44 PM
Yes, will be worth it if you can...

zach51
01-25-2016, 08:56 AM
I went for the first time to the National 100 in 2014 after moving down here to Bama, I really enjoyed the track and facility, seems to be a very fan friendly layout. I tried to go to the Bama Bash last year but it rained out and I couldn't get to the Make-up race. Most people probably don't know (and I didn't either) but there a very cool district down town Columbus where the Chattahoochee river runs through and separates Columbus from Phenix City with rapids. Neat area. Also there is no shortage of restaurants and stores in Columbus. Can't wait to try the Bama Bash again this year, especially being Lucas sanctioned.

Punisher88
01-25-2016, 05:36 PM
And if you like BBQ check out chicken comers in columbus. Best bar b que around. But I must warn you. Columbus/phenix city bbq is very different from anywhere else. We love mustard based sauce as we like it loaded with cayenne!

bufordt
01-25-2016, 07:12 PM
going to give it a try.Thanks!

Punisher88
01-25-2016, 07:20 PM
Also stop by my pit and say hello. I'll be in a red black and white late model running in the steel head class. #88

bufordt
01-25-2016, 07:44 PM
I'll do so. I am traveling with my two daughters and their friends. Have had some really good times with them over at CLS. Just about all of the drivers (UMP and USA Nats) have been really friendly and patient and taken pictures with them. I think the drivers made some lifelong fans. Looking forward to it.

LMPunk
01-26-2016, 06:34 AM
They gonna run all 17 or whatever of their classes that weekend?

Punisher88
01-26-2016, 07:57 AM
I'm sure lol. But I think the schedule will be alot different with the Lucas series there.

LMPunk
01-26-2016, 09:01 PM
I'm tempted to head down from Boyd's on Saturday for my first trip to EAMS, but (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) the horror stories I've heard about all of the classes makes you think twice about it.

(Will still go, probably.)

zach51
01-27-2016, 07:56 AM
I was a little skeptical when I went to the National 100 the first time, but if they do the Bash anything like they do the National, they start hot lapping support classes in the morning and have features in the afternoon. Like a previous comment had mentioned, with Lucas sanctioning it on Saturday, you can bet they won't be screwing around too much.

In addition, I actually found a lot of the lower classes to have some great racing, the top 3-5 cars usually are very close and then it tends to fall off through the field, but I enjoyed those afternoon features.

I tried to find a format/schedule flyer or something on the EAMS site for the Bash but didn't see anything.

champion24
01-27-2016, 01:21 PM
The Bama Bash doesn't have all of the classes of the National or State race weekends. But they have screwed it up by not having it the weekend after Florida Speedweeks. I'm glad for the Lucas race in April, but wish they wouldn't call it the Bama Bash. I think it's disrespectful to use the name. I'm glad that I went to the real Bama Bash for many years, including the last 2 at Eams.