PDA

View Full Version : ISO driveshaft

jared1624
01-26-2016, 08:30 PM
Need 38 1/2" carbon fiber driveshaft. Please send text messages or phone calls, I do not get on here much. Let me know what you have.

812-278-4780

Race fan1
01-27-2016, 07:18 AM
You should know that carbon fiber drive shafts or the glue that holds them together does have a shelf life. The glue used on the ends to attach the joints will loose it's ability to hold and the joint will slip inside the shaft. That's why all these teams sell them off after a short time. I have had 2 fail as mentioned above already. A local parts supplier told me last summer that he ordered an odd length shaft and the original customer never came for it. When it finally sold like 2 years later it failed immediately due to the shelf life of the glue. Maybe some shafts last longer than others but I will not buy a used carbon shaft again. Just my opinion and something to think about.

Race fan1
01-27-2016, 07:23 AM
The point of my post was that I believe buying a new shaft is the best value even if you are on a tight budget. Maybe some others on here have more information as I am no expert but experience with used shafts has been terrible.