PDA

View Full Version : What will be done now?

Mosidebite
01-31-2016, 07:57 AM
Now that it's been proved that those lowly thought of IMCA type cars with hard tires and those cheap crate motors can not only be competitive but win against NASCAR engineering and $20k+ engines, what line of crap will UMP have now for not doing something to help the racers?

dirtracer_75
01-31-2016, 09:22 AM
He was using the ump tire and still smoked em. 22nd to 4th in 10 laps and over a second lead for the win on a tacky track.

blackdirt
01-31-2016, 09:48 AM
Good run. Did he get a weight break for running a crate?

Mosidebite
01-31-2016, 10:22 AM
No weight breaks. Are we for sure he was on a A-H tire? I'm asking, I've yet to see fact yet.

old fan
01-31-2016, 10:45 AM
http://sunstatemodtour.com/info/rules/ I wonder how those rules would work at other tracks East bay is suppose to be quite different

stlracing
01-31-2016, 12:32 PM
For these SunShine State events, UMP is allowing the crates a 5" spoiler though..

Mosidebite
01-31-2016, 05:36 PM
I don't know but the other tracks on this tour probably wouldn't be that bad either. Now Volusia I believe would be a whole different deal though. Takes a ton of motor there. Has for years

mantooth
01-31-2016, 08:43 PM
Looks like Harris Auto Racing might be getting be getting busy

DirtDirtCrazy
02-01-2016, 02:07 PM
From what I have read, the conditions were nearly perfect for the situation. Track was very Dry-Slick which is a horsepower equalizer. He ran the bottom the whole race while the Open Motors were mostly on top bouncing off the cushion. But you sure cannot take away the fact that he had the right set-up and more importantly drove from the back to the front.

$UMP$
02-01-2016, 06:55 PM
All it did was to let the dreamers "can't afford to race" dream some more!

dirtrace09
02-01-2016, 08:32 PM
So a guy pulls his car all the way to Florida, races his car, drives a great race, and wins; and you equate that to him being a dreamer that can't afford to race? Back to productive conversation here, I would say that win in that fashion would be nearly impossible if there was moisture in the track providing more bite. However, it is impressive for anyone to get a victory in any race. And that was a well deserved win.

$UMP$
02-01-2016, 09:32 PM
So a guy pulls his car all the way to Florida, races his car, drives a great race, and wins; and you equate that to him being a dreamer that can't afford to race? Back to productive conversation here, I would say that win in that fashion would be nearly impossible if there was moisture in the track providing more bite. However, it is impressive for anyone to get a victory in any race. And that was a well deserved win.
No, I was referring to a few wannabe racers on here!

kidrock
02-02-2016, 10:35 AM
Let's face it car counts have been dwindling the last few years so, let's hope all those wanna be's as you call them can afford to race because the sport needs all they can get so, if they do figure out a way to make more affordable so that more racers can race so, be it we should all be for that.

QQQQ
02-02-2016, 11:02 AM
I was there at the race (not in the stands) Standing with several well qualified engine builders. We all said the same thing at the same time. " That thing doesnt sound like any crate I ever heard" The bottom was very tacky, middle and top were slick as ice. So how does 400+ hp pull 700+ off the corner on a tacky track with UMP tires? Its not because of a 5" spoiler. You could put all the hp you had to the track if you were on the bottom. Not saying anything, but just saying, Hummmmm...........

DirtRacer317
02-02-2016, 11:34 AM
I think he ran 5th last night. Another good run. From what i have seen on the internet out west the mods are very competitive with the crate and a spoiler?. I thought when ump took the spoilers off they would be following the same path. More racers and possible money from GM. The only problem is they don't have any real tech.

blueracer11
02-02-2016, 11:39 AM
I was there at the race (not in the stands) Standing with several well qualified engine builders. We all said the same thing at the same time. " That thing doesnt sound like any crate I ever heard" The bottom was very tacky, middle and top were slick as ice. So how does 400+ hp pull 700+ off the corner on a tacky track with UMP tires? Its not because of a 5" spoiler. You could put all the hp you had to the track if you were on the bottom. Not saying anything, but just saying, Hummmmm...........

What I suspected all along. UMP doesn't tech anything but body panels so he could have had a full-blown LSX motor with seals on it claiming it was a crate and who would have known the difference?

golddirt
02-02-2016, 12:13 PM
What the heck are you talking about ?

QQQQ
02-02-2016, 12:17 PM
What I suspected all along. UMP doesn't tech anything but body panels so he could have had a full-blown LSX motor with seals on it claiming it was a crate and who would have known the difference?I was at the Tech shed when he pulled in. They looked at the tires and under the car to verify mufflers and let him pull out. So I think UMP teched it better than they usually do.

3dracer
02-02-2016, 01:38 PM
It had IMCA seals too

MotoMatt
02-02-2016, 02:08 PM
You naysayers clearly don't even know the man, he's a straight shooter all the way. Hell, he promotes 3 tracks and is race director at a 4th, you really think he's a cheater? Fact is he's a hard driving wheel man and he beat the big boys on the right night.

$UMP$
02-02-2016, 04:27 PM
You naysayers clearly don't even know the man, he's a straight shooter all the way. Hell, he promotes 3 tracks and is race director at a 4th, you really think he's a cheater? Fact is he's a hard driving wheel man and he beat the big boys on the right night.I guess you dreamers are going to keep on dreaming because a crate isn't going to get you to victory lane unless you are as good of a driver as he is!

buzzxxx666
02-02-2016, 04:58 PM
No, I was referring to a few wannabe racers on here!

where do you race again ? Please provide one shred of verifiable proof or STFU.

You dont race anywhere ever. No one knows you at any track and you are too much of a chicken sh!t coward to give any details and only exploit those that do provide there details you are a cancer on this board and need to be banned like your pal lite inn.

If this dude won a race in FLA thats more than you will EVER do. So far all anyone can prove on 4m is that you know a lot about working at BK and you work for Lomax and dont have a car of your own.

All else is just you lying on 4m and calling people names. You are too scared to provide any other details because you know (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) well there would be a line of people looking for you.

$UMP$
02-02-2016, 07:48 PM
where do you race again ? Please provide one shred of verifiable proof or STFU.

You dont race anywhere ever. No one knows you at any track and you are too much of a chicken sh!t coward to give any details and only exploit those that do provide there details you are a cancer on this board and need to be banned like your pal lite inn.

If this dude won a race in FLA thats more than you will EVER do. So far all anyone can prove on 4m is that you know a lot about working at BK and you work for Lomax and dont have a car of your own.

All else is just you lying on 4m and calling people names. You are too scared to provide any other details because you know (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) well there would be a line of people looking for you.
You must be one of those dreamers I was talking about! LOL

Racer111
02-02-2016, 08:37 PM

Don't think any qualified engine builder going to admit a 400hp engine just beat there 20k motor..

Racer111
02-02-2016, 08:39 PM
Already know of a few promotors considering doin the 5 inch spoiler and maybe a weight break if running a 604 in AMOD class...

buzzxxx666
02-03-2016, 10:48 AM
You must be one of those dreamers I was talking about! LOL

no just one of many on 4m that are tired of your sh!t. get back to work on Lomax's car, you dont race anywhere so NONE of this has any affect on your crew duties for the 36L.

You are unable to prove anything about racing other than working on Lomax's car. Crate or otherwise does not matter because you do not own a car or race.

$UMP$
02-03-2016, 05:04 PM
no just one of many on 4m that are tired of your sh!t. get back to work on Lomax's car, you dont race anywhere so NONE of this has any affect on your crew duties for the 36L.

You are unable to prove anything about racing other than working on Lomax's car. Crate or otherwise does not matter because you do not own a car or race.
Your bull(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) is getting old! The Lomax wife got on here and confirmed that I have nothing to do with them! The only thing that YOU know about me is that I have nothing to do with Lomax! Now back to work Burger King boy!

Mosidebite
02-03-2016, 06:34 PM
I know that your replies always cause everyone to get pissed off and the constructive conversation gets derailed due to the idiotic comments you tend to make. There's something else I know about you. Have a good evening.

old fan
02-03-2016, 07:08 PM
Let's face it car counts have been dwindling the last few years so, let's hope all those wanna be's as you call them can afford to race because the sport needs all they can get so, if they do figure out a way to make more affordable so that more racers can race so, be it we should all be for that. you are oh so right lets hope that UMP and any other sanction wakes the heck , so some of the drivers that left can come back , this year with the price of fuel going down now would be the time

$UMP$
02-03-2016, 07:37 PM
I know that your replies always cause everyone to get pissed off and the constructive conversation gets derailed due to the idiotic comments you tend to make. There's something else I know about you. Have a good evening.
You're the "idiot" that posted this stupid thread trying to promote crates!

Mosidebite
02-03-2016, 08:25 PM
Listen Jerk Off, I'm not promoting anything. I was simply starting a conversation and your rediculous comments started and has now ruined another thread. Again, have a nice night ass wipe!

sirleafalot
02-04-2016, 01:07 AM
not a crate fan, but if it brings people back ok,.....but ONLY if UMP actually does tech and keeps the breaks for crates in line to keep things even. Also none of the crap they are pulling in IMCA where there purposely are leaving tracks ultra try to level the playing field for the crates...

$UMP$
02-04-2016, 02:24 PM
Listen Jerk Off, I'm not promoting anything. I was simply starting a conversation and your rediculous comments started and has now ruined another thread. Again, have a nice night ass wipe!
You're just another crate wannabe! LOL

buzzxxx666
02-04-2016, 02:59 PM
You're just another crate wannabe! LOL

you have yet to proved a single shred of evidence that you race anywhere, and YES you need to prove it because NO ONE, not one single sole on this board believes it for one tiny second.
All we know is that you know too much about working at BK and that you crew for the 36L. Until then no one cares what lies you have to offer about UMP or crates.

Crates racers can easily out run a crew person for the 36L that does not have a car.

old fan
02-04-2016, 08:11 PM
but atleast he crews , not everybody can own or drive a race car just saying . everybody has their place in this sport but we all ove the sport don't we

TurnerMotorsports
02-05-2016, 06:24 AM
crates are an option yes for smaller tracks that are of the same conditions as east bay that night . that said however, do you really think a crate will compete at eldora with an open motor even if it is slick .. NO>.. a 5" spoiler or not it would be lapped quickly. I hope they allow crates with spoilers to bring some folks back, on certain smaller tracks with the right conditions they will win , but for most the larger paying UMP races like Eldora summer nats/winter nats , Florence 5k, Lburg 8k, and fairbury 10k Ill stick with the open motor thanks ..

HEAVY DUTY
02-05-2016, 08:49 AM
Like Turner said, it was the perfect situation. There are some small slick tracks that they will win at. They wont win at big tracks where you need to turn a lot of RPMs slick or tacky. East Bay was slick, and had bite on the bottom. If you watched the in car video, you would see that the reason he pulled the guys off the corner was , he didn't jump in the throttle as early, and let the car rotate before he got in the throttle. The guys he was passing was getting in the throttle to early, causing them to skate out in to the slick. A crate motor in the tack will pull an open motor in the slick. He also didn't over drive the corners, where he could stay in the tack. That probably was because he wasn't making so much straightaway speed, and was able to get slowed down on corner entry without sliding the car. When you have a 750hp motor and the track can only hook 400, the crate can beat you. If you have a track than can hook up 750hp, the crate will be lapped traffic. If you run a crate, you have to choose your tracks wisely. The reason they work so well in IMCA, is because you have a tire that will only hook up 400hp at most places. Add the small spoiler, and the lighter weight of the crate motor and it is a no brainer.

sirleafalot
02-05-2016, 09:39 AM
well said Donnie. Yes the crates do well in IMCA because of the tire, but thats not all, the promoters and IMCA are helping things out by keeping tracks dry, and there is rampant cheating going on with crates as well because they are not being teched because they have a "sealed" crate.

MotoMatt
02-05-2016, 10:56 AM
well said Donnie. Yes the crates do well in IMCA because of the tire, but thats not all, the promoters and IMCA are helping things out by keeping tracks dry, and there is rampant cheating going on with crates as well because they are not being teched because they have a "sealed" crate.

Not all the tracks are pushing for a dry slick, Boone for example is afraid to do so...and crates still win plenty there.

The tech issue is real. These big crate sellers may not come out and say it but you bet for the right money they will put whatever you want under those seals.

buzzxxx666
02-06-2016, 01:51 AM
pay no mind to SCD he is on the CRATES will save the world and fix global warming payroll, he is all things crates and according to him and the rest of the CRATE huggers there is absolutely NO cheating going on in the crates, all crate engines are hermeticly sealed and are NEVER cheated up.
Of course of if you believe that no one is cheating up crates then I have bridge to sell you, and btw the easter bunny, santa claus and the great pumpkin all agreed there is no cheating with the crate engines.

modracr41
02-06-2016, 10:03 AM
Wheres that at?

IMCA tracks all over pretty much rained out april and may last year and when we did get to race weekly shows weren't dry at the tracks I went to.

Fairmont, MN, and Jackson, MN for 2 places. I heard this from the Promoter's mouth that IMCA encouraged tracks to let them slick off to give the Crate cars a chance, so take your BS somewhere else. We had a Crate driver who was teched and his car turned over 7500! He claimed he had a faulty MSD box, and they didn't DQ him. They allowed him to change the box and start scratch at the rear of the feature, and get paid!! Your theory of no cheating in Crate land is like putting your head in the sand so you can't see it. It doesn't mean it's not happening.

buzzxxx666
02-06-2016, 11:18 AM
Yeah pay no mind to me, I post with FACTS. This thread is about mike v who ran a crate at a ump race with a 5" spoiler against cars without one. FACTS are if anyone wanted they could buy mikes crate any time from him, he has paid staff who work on his car all of his stuff is always for sale. Another crate finished top 3 with a 5 inch blade on another night is my understanding.

Where are all the cheated crates being caught at? Post some FACTS here why don't you.

I ran a open and a crate last season almost exactly 50-50 split. I hate the crate and will be running my open again this year hopefully more.

Its called racing, if one option is faster than the other that's the one I will hopefully have in my car on that night, its not rocket science.

Why would anyone want to cheat the crate internally? We are allowed open engines if you want more power than the crate a simple vortec head 383 will provide it and weigh within 30#.....

cheated up crates caught ??? does not happen because promoters wont check a crate because they are sealed...meanwhile they can do whatever they want and no one questions it. Then we get to hear from crate huggers like you telling us how mighty the crates are and how they are saving the world and fixing world hunger. if the crates are so awesome then great they can compete weekly with NO rule breaks and the track prepped the same as any other week and lets see how mighty they are then.

sirleafalot
02-06-2016, 11:24 AM
Is modracer and sirleafalot the same person? I quoted sir and mod is replying maybe you forgot to log in out?I raced at Jackson it was heavy all night... It was a big special so it should have been easy to make the track dry if they wanted. big cushion and a lane of tacky on the bottom. I was told it had that tacky lane ALL season because of the new way the cut the track and banked it down there. over 7500, lol that wouldn't last long or go any place. I didn't say there is no cheating they caught a bunch of cheated msd boxes, that's common knowledge.Beg to differ SCD my name is Graham and I race FALS speedway in IL feel free to look me up. I will let mod41 post for himself and on his own not my circus or monkeys. I have never ran in MN and have no idea wth is going up there.however I dislike crates as much as anyone, and I have grown tired of the push for crates. UMP is screwing themselves right now in the Bmod class because they are ONLY crates, and they are losing tracks because of it.

old fan
02-06-2016, 11:41 AM
Beg to differ SCD my name is Graham and I race FALS speedway in IL feel free to look me up. I will let mod41 post for himself and on his own not my circus or monkeys. I have never ran in MN and have no idea wth is going up there.however I dislike crates as much as anyone, and I have grown tired of the push for crates. UMP is screwing themselves right now in the Bmod class because they are ONLY crates, and they are losing tracks because of it.not correct right now crates are and option and not a bad option last year the national champ ran a crate and yes they lost one track which hit that track witha another track with UMP talking about changing nights best of luck to all

sirleafalot
02-06-2016, 01:06 PM
not correct right now crates are and option and not a bad option last year the national champ ran a crate and yes they lost one track which hit that track witha another track with UMP talking about changing nights best of luck to alloldfan..here are the rules right from UMP's siteDIRTcar UMP Pro-Modified Engines);A,) The Chevrolet Performance Parts 602 engine (GM Part Number – 88958602) will be the only engine permitted for competition. (seeG, below) All engines are to remain sealed from the factory. The original factory seals must remain unaltered, tampering, removal,modifications of any type and/or broken factory seals will not be permitted. (The Chevrolet Performance Parts 602 crate engine mayhave part number changes from time-to-time as issued by the manufacturer.)These are the 2016 rules. I have heard UMP may back off on this because so many people are complaining, but rules clearly state only crates.

sirleafalot
02-06-2016, 01:10 PM
looks like you can run other than crate....further in the rules....but in typical UMP fashion you have to check with the tracks..more UMP nonsense, of course open motor gets a weight penaltyH.) As an option, for the 2016/2017 season(s) , a “Steel Block/Steel Cylinder Head” engine may be used. This shall include:1. Steel engine block, steel heads,2. Chevrolet, Ford, and Dodge OEM Engines ONLY. Aftermarket blocks will not be permitted. A maximum of 360 cubicinches will be permitted for any steel engine.3. The “Steel Block/Steel Cylinder Head” engine may only use one 500 CFM 4412 Holley unaltered carburetor is required.The local track rules reserve the right for carburetors to be claimed and/or changed (i.e. “exchanged”) for competitiveanalysis and/or inspection. Choke horns may be removed.4. Only flat tappet type cams and lifters will be permitted. In 2016 and 2017 Roller rocker arms and/or any type of rollercomponents will not be permitted.5. Note: this engine option may not be permitted at all tracks. In the event this engine is not an option, track officials willdetermine the eligibility for a “Steel Block / Steel Cylinder Head” Engine. The weight penalties for the “Steel Block / SteelCylinder Head” Engine must be applied in every application.6. Overall vehicle weight will increase by 100 pounds each year, for cars using this engine option. The weights shall be:2015- 2500 pounds, 2016 – 2600 pounds, 2017 – 2700 poundsENGINE INSPECTION AND/OR ENGINE EXCHANGEA.) World Racing Group and/or DIRTcar Officials reserve the right to exchange or im

buzzxxx666
02-06-2016, 01:14 PM
not correct right now crates are and option and not a bad option last year the national champ ran a crate and yes they lost one track which hit that track witha another track with UMP talking about changing nights best of luck to all

no wonder crate did well, open motor gets a weight penalty. If the crate is so awesome then let them runs heads up.

Went to racers auction in Iowa couple of weeks ago and promoter is having a 10k to win show, with the following rules, no crybabies, no crates, no yuppies, and no f@gs.

Best rules package ever.

oldschoolmod
02-06-2016, 01:16 PM
constant confusion from UMP, rules say ONLY crates, then you read further down open motors is allowed at some tracks and some not and then some are allowed but have to add weight.,..WTF.

Sam cannot write rules to save his life.

modracr41
02-06-2016, 09:28 PM
Is modracer and sirleafalot the same person? I quoted sir and mod is replying maybe you forgot to log in out?

I raced at Jackson it was heavy all night... It was a big special so it should have been easy to make the track dry if they wanted. big cushion and a lane of tacky on the bottom. I was told it had that tacky lane ALL season because of the new way the cut the track and banked it down there.

over 7500, lol that wouldn't last long or go any place.

I didn't say there is no cheating they caught a bunch of cheated msd boxes, that's common knowledge.

Nice try. I race at both weekly and depending on which night you went to Jackson it could be tacky, however, more nights than not it went dry. Fairmont was dry most nights and wasn't farmed most weeks. They would apply water to the track the day of the races but not farm it so the water ran to the bottom and it was slick from the go, again, at IMCA'S request to give the crates a chance. One particular idiot crate racer was crowing like a rooster about how dry it was and how much he loved it.
I can tell you, there are a LOT of racers, true dirt racers who HATE everything that Crate engines bring to the table. The cheated up engines, no tech, tracks catering to them, you name it. As time goes on with the likes of this crap, I get more respect for the promoters who hold big-money, no-crate engines allowed races. I wish one of the 2 tracks mentioned above would do that for a weekly show.

kidrock
02-06-2016, 10:34 PM
You can't find people cheating in crates or any other division for that matter if you don't tech so, in UMP land who really knows who's cheating and who's not.

old fan
02-06-2016, 11:14 PM
sorry 10 k to win b mod race is just plain stupid , if you want to ryn for that kinda money put your big pants on and run with the a mods

old fan
02-06-2016, 11:15 PM
Nice try. I race at both weekly and depending on which night you went to Jackson it could be tacky, however, more nights than not it went dry. Fairmont was dry most nights and wasn't farmed most weeks. They would apply water to the track the day of the races but not farm it so the water ran to the bottom and it was slick from the go, again, at IMCA'S request to give the crates a chance. One particular idiot crate racer was crowing like a rooster about how dry it was and how much he loved it. I can tell you, there are a LOT of racers, true dirt racers who HATE everything that Crate engines bring to the table. The cheated up engines, no tech, tracks catering to them, you name it. As time goes on with the likes of this crap, I get more respect for the promoters who hold big-money, no-crate engines allowed races. I wish one of the 2 tracks mentioned above would do that for a weekly show. that's called running a UMP A MOD LMAO

old fan
02-07-2016, 06:09 AM
I am not a crate lover by any means but I know anumber of teams that would not be racing if it was not if they did not have the crate option I am

$UMP$
02-07-2016, 10:50 AM
Beg to differ SCD my name is Graham and I race FALS speedway in IL feel free to look me up. I will let mod41 post for himself and on his own not my circus or monkeys. I have never ran in MN and have no idea wth is going up there.however I dislike crates as much as anyone, and I have grown tired of the push for crates. UMP is screwing themselves right now in the Bmod class because they are ONLY crates, and they are losing tracks because of it.You don't really race at Fairbury unless you call being there a time or two in that low budget mod class!

sirleafalot
02-07-2016, 01:00 PM
You don't really race at Fairbury unless you call being there a time or two in that low budget mod class!I dont recall meeting you anywhere $UMP$, so I am not sure why the insult. I managed to win a couple of features last year. How many did you win last season ?Hey if its so easy to win then come on down to FALS and race with us and show us all how its done.My name and user name is out for everyone to see. Whats your name and where do you race ? I see you on here a ton insulting people etc. I am not hiding behind a user name. Graham Jackson

buzzxxx666
02-07-2016, 01:04 PM
You don't really race at Fairbury unless you call being there a time or two in that low budget mod class!

lmao if this cat raced one time thats more that you $ump$ lmao, all you do is scrape mud on the 36L and change out Jamie's tearoffs.

oldschoolmod
02-07-2016, 01:17 PM
I dont recall meeting you anywhere $UMP$, so I am not sure why the insult. I managed to win a couple of features last year. How many did you win last season ?Hey if its so easy to win then come on down to FALS and race with us and show us all how its done.My name and user name is out for everyone to see. Whats your name and where do you race ? I see you on here a ton insulting people etc. I am not hiding behind a user name. Graham Jackson

good luck Graham, $UMP$ will not give out info he only hides behind the computer, and should be banned. this board has improved since his BFF Lite Inn, was banned hope now moderator will ban $UMP$.
If you really want to find $UMP$ just go to Plymouth and look for the 36L, he is on the crew.

old fan
02-07-2016, 01:23 PM
no wonder crate did well, open motor gets a weight penalty. If the crate is so awesome then let them runs heads up.Went to racers auction in Iowa couple of weeks ago and promoter is having a 10k to win show, with the following rules, no crybabies, no crates, no yuppies, and no f@gs.Best rules package ever. they are trying to get more racers involved is that a bad thing

kidrock
02-07-2016, 02:41 PM
good luck Graham, $UMP$ will not give out info he only hides behind the computer, and should be banned. this board has improved since his BFF Lite Inn, was banned hope now moderator will ban $UMP$.
If you really want to find $UMP$ just go to Plymouth and look for the 36L, he is on the crew.

Sorry to say but he's back, lite-inn big.ed goes by old fan now.

oldschoolmod
02-07-2016, 03:32 PM
Sorry to say but he's back, lite-inn big.ed goes by old fan now.

thats a shame, they have (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) near shut him off on STL Racing..he goes by f40 over there beware

team jarvis
02-07-2016, 03:40 PM
racer at Shady Hill tells me ole $UMP$ has a Shaw copy with 18 degree heads but has never won anything. maybe this crate deal is what he needs.

kidrock
02-07-2016, 03:43 PM
thats a shame, they have (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) near shut him off on STL Racing..he goes by f40 over there beware

Yeah that's what I heard.

buzzxxx666
02-07-2016, 03:46 PM
they are trying to get more racers involved is that a bad thing

more racers always good. No tech for crates and classes where crates are the only option and classes where get crates get big lbs breaks are BS.

The fact is UMP is trying there best to force bmods into crates to make more money.

$UMP$
02-07-2016, 03:57 PM
I dont recall meeting you anywhere $UMP$, so I am not sure why the insult. I managed to win a couple of features last year. How many did you win last season ?Hey if its so easy to win then come on down to FALS and race with us and show us all how its done.My name and user name is out for everyone to see. Whats your name and where do you race ? I see you on here a ton insulting people etc. I am not hiding behind a user name. Graham JacksonI'm not insulting you at all just pointing out that you are a hobby mod racer and not an A mod racer at Fairbury that's all!

$UMP$
02-07-2016, 04:00 PM
racer at Shady Hill tells me ole $UMP$ has a Shaw copy with 18 degree heads but has never won anything. maybe this crate deal is what he needs.The 36L doesn't run a Shaw copy! Lol

$UMP$
02-07-2016, 04:03 PM
I heard that I'm racing at Shady Hill in a Shaw copy! Lol

kidrock
02-07-2016, 05:21 PM
So they tech the open motors? In imca they tech open and crate equally.

Most racers know ump doesn't do much teching. They leave that up to the tracks to do. Some tracks do tech but, you would have to ask the guys that actually race as to what they tech.

old fan
02-07-2016, 05:27 PM
how many tech guys do you think a sanction would need to have enough tech guys for every track every class

sirleafalot
02-07-2016, 05:51 PM
I'm not insulting you at all just pointing out that you are a hobby mod racer and not an A mod racer at Fairbury that's all!NO I read the post and YES I run the Hobby Mod class the inference is a weak attempt on your part to insult me I am at FALS weekly stop by my pit. What track can I find you at and what is your name ?YES I have a mod. Do you ? From what I read on here people keep asking you for proof, why would they need it and why are you afraid to give out your name ?My guess is you dont want people to know your name because they would find you or find you out.Racers at more than one track know me and unlike you I am not hiding behind a screen name. In fact I am known as a racer that will loan others items even an engine to help out. Ask around and you will find out that I help others to get back on the track even if they are running against me.I ran a handful of A mod shows last year as well and will run some more this year when not at FALS.Enough about me, as you can see I am not hiding behind a screen name.$UMP$ all I see about you so far is 1 million posts on 4m where you fight with people, so all I can see is screen name and little else.Graham

kidrock
02-07-2016, 05:56 PM
how many tech guys do you think a sanction would need to have enough tech guys for every track every class

Litey they don't need tech guys at every track. They need enough guys to go around to their tracks throughout the season and to make sure tracks are teching and if their not then take away their sanction but, we know nothing like that's ever going to happen.

buzzxxx666
02-07-2016, 06:00 PM

imca and usra both have tech people. ump does not know tech. everyone knows it.

SCD IMCA is not teching crates they look at the seals check the msd and walk off, if its sealed you can run what ya brung.

oldfan/liteinn, there is no defending ump they do not tech and as you can see from the b mod rules they cannot even write rules, one section says crates only and then other section says you can run an open motor, then it says check with your track and then you need add weight WTF.

If ump does not get the bmod deal fixed other tracks will leave. The promoter at route 45 said it, hi full field of bmods did not like the crate only BS and voted to go to USRA, look for it to happen more places.

old fan
02-07-2016, 07:07 PM
UMP or DIRTCAR has a few more tracks and classes than USRA don't you think its not crates only yet and if the crates are the ones winning all the time what would you do the thing that is out of control is having drivers or teams in the lower divisions for years that's the main problem

old fan
02-07-2016, 07:33 PM
I know a team that had 2 cars in 2 different classes and was teched almost every night guess what they came up legal both classes and still won

$UMP$
02-07-2016, 07:38 PM
NO I read the post and YES I run the Hobby Mod class the inference is a weak attempt on your part to insult me I am at FALS weekly stop by my pit. What track can I find you at and what is your name ?YES I have a mod. Do you ? From what I read on here people keep asking you for proof, why would they need it and why are you afraid to give out your name ?My guess is you dont want people to know your name because they would find you or find you out.Racers at more than one track know me and unlike you I am not hiding behind a screen name. In fact I am known as a racer that will loan others items even an engine to help out. Ask around and you will find out that I help others to get back on the track even if they are running against me.I ran a handful of A mod shows last year as well and will run some more this year when not at FALS.Enough about me, as you can see I am not hiding behind a screen name.$UMP$ all I see about you so far is 1 million posts on 4m where you fight with people, so all I can see is screen name and little else.Graham
Well if you're running against three other hobby mods well I guess you're a racer! Lol

old fan
02-07-2016, 07:40 PM
be nice lol

sirleafalot
02-07-2016, 07:48 PM
Well if you're running against three other hobby mods well I guess you're a racer! Lolyou are a big hero behind the keyboard $UMP$. Hobby's are new class at FALS. I ask again since you are such a big time racer then share with us your results. you have my name and know exactly where I race but so far all I see from you is your typing.For such a big time racer you sure cant produce any details. What I see here is fear. I am easy to find.No one on 4m knows your name but you have built a reputation that you cannot possibly backup. Where do race if at all ? Whats your name ?Simple questions that a real person can simply answer. Until I see some actual information confirming that you are more than someone typing on 4m, then I have no more time for you.The ignore button works fine on 4m and so does the phone of the moderator.This message is hidden because $UMP$ is on your ignore list.02-07-2016, 08:40 PMold fanSenior MemberThis message is hidden because old fan is on your ignore list.

old fan
02-07-2016, 08:00 PM
have I said anything bad about your hobby class or you GRAHAM

Racer96m
02-07-2016, 09:07 PM
Well if you're running against three other hobby mods well I guess you're a racer! Lol

Racing is racing. Doesnt matter if you have an A Mod, B Mod, Hobby, Hornet or Street Stock. What point are your trying to make? I dont care who you are or how long you have been racing. There is always someone who knows more than you, and someone that is faster than you. If I knew everything and won every race, I would quit. It just wouldnt be fun any more.

Dave

kidrock
02-07-2016, 11:24 PM
Racing is racing. Doesnt matter if you have an A Mod, B Mod, Hobby, Hornet or Street Stock. What point are your trying to make? I dont care who you are or how long you have been racing. There is always someone who knows more than you, and someone that is faster than you. If I knew everything and won every race, I would quit. It just wouldnt be fun any more.

Dave

Great response Dave, I was thinking the same thing why does it matter what class you race in.

$UMP$
02-08-2016, 08:14 AM

DaveBecause a Hobby Mod guy should worry about the class he is running in and not one he is not running in!

$UMP$
02-08-2016, 08:16 AM
you are a big hero behind the keyboard $UMP$. Hobby's are new class at FALS. I ask again since you are such a big time racer then share with us your results. you have my name and know exactly where I race but so far all I see from you is your typing.For such a big time racer you sure cant produce any details. What I see here is fear. I am easy to find.No one on 4m knows your name but you have built a reputation that you cannot possibly backup. Where do race if at all ? Whats your name ?Simple questions that a real person can simply answer. Until I see some actual information confirming that you are more than someone typing on 4m, then I have no more time for you.The ignore button works fine on 4m and so does the phone of the moderator.This message is hidden because $UMP$ is on your ignore list.02-07-2016, 08:40 PMold fanSenior MemberThis message is hidden because old fan is on your ignore list.
And you are a hero with multiple screen names!

sirleafalot
02-08-2016, 09:29 AM
Great response Dave, I was thinking the same thing why does it matter what class you race in. indeed. The fact is the Hobby Mod class is a new class, with 3 links and leaf cars only, but so what they are mods like any others. Graham

buzzxxx666
02-09-2016, 03:49 PM
Because a Hobby Mod guy should worry about the class he is running in and not one he is not running in!

big bad 4m bully lmao. Offered to meet up with you several times and each time nothing but excuses, guess Jamie wouldnt let you off work or you are just too chicken sh!t. here you go calling some other dude out that gives his name on here and yet you cannot provide a single shred of anything that even remotely suggest that you do anything more than crew for Jamie. Wonder if Jamie and crew know what a jackwagon you are on 4m, would be good if they knew. Seen this pattern on 4m far too many times racer post his name you give them grief and meanwhile you give out nothing but bulsh!t. He!! if anyone even runs a frickin hornet class thats more than you $UMP$. better hope your enemies or pals dont leak your name. small group at the Hill you can bet I will be asking around, bet all I am gonna find out is more evidence that you aint nothing but a mud scrapin troll on 4m and little else. Tom

old fan
02-09-2016, 06:35 PM
just asking what's wrong with that

buzzxxx666
02-09-2016, 08:33 PM
just asking what's wrong with that

the trouble is this cat jumps on those that own cars and participate in the sport dont give a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) where they finish or what flipping class.
But the @ss clown cant prove that he races at all, thats the text book definition of HYPOCRITE ! Easy to type on 4m and ridicule others whole other deal to get out there and do it. sure crew member can chime in but this jackwagon jumps on those that do. no results, no name nada, just giving sh!t to others thats all $UMP$ offers this board. Tom

old fan
02-09-2016, 08:50 PM
but if he is part of the sport ve it a fan a crew member track worker car owner and driver its all good and much better than some Cam Newton guy yeah he ca be arrogant smart guy but hey that's what makes the world go around

lowgroove
02-09-2016, 09:44 PM
Well folks the only racing $UMP$ does is when he races to the toilet because he is so full of crap. This guy and his buddy old fan are real pieces of work, insulting racers, nothing more than bleacher pilots with little knowledge. lmao u idiots amuse me with your senseless drivel. You absolutely know what you are talking about...laughable I bet even your wife dislikes you, you nonracer!

old fan
02-09-2016, 09:53 PM
really now how many years have you been going to the races and I am not defending him I don't call out drivers because they run a support class

buzzxxx666
02-10-2016, 10:51 AM
but if he is part of the sport ve it a fan a crew member track worker car owner and driver its all good and much better than some Cam Newton guy yeah he ca be arrogant smart guy but hey that's what makes the world go around

all anyone can verify is that $UMP$ types on 4m and probably works for Lomax. I dont care if its crew whatever. its one thing to discuss ideas make suggestions whatever. this cat is down right negative to people on 4m that are involved in the sport. so yeah oldfan you want it both ways, you want people fans alike to be able to share there take, fine. share away. sharing and berating others are two totally separate deals. $UMP$ berates anyone that dares to give there name or info, but being the hypocrite that he is, he hides all his info. you can bet i will be asking at the Hill this season, someone will give him up, if he is j@ck@ss on here then you can bet in real life he is no good to deal with. Tom

old fan
02-10-2016, 06:19 PM
well he would be in fla right now

$UMP$
02-11-2016, 07:00 PM
big bad 4m bully lmao. Offered to meet up with you several times and each time nothing but excuses, guess Jamie wouldnt let you off work or you are just too chicken sh!t. here you go calling some other dude out that gives his name on here and yet you cannot provide a single shred of anything that even remotely suggest that you do anything more than crew for Jamie. Wonder if Jamie and crew know what a jackwagon you are on 4m, would be good if they knew. Seen this pattern on 4m far too many times racer post his name you give them grief and meanwhile you give out nothing but bulsh!t. He!! if anyone even runs a frickin hornet class thats more than you $UMP$. better hope your enemies or pals dont leak your name. small group at the Hill you can bet I will be asking around, bet all I am gonna find out is more evidence that you aint nothing but a mud scrapin troll on 4m and little else. Tom

And I have offered to let you help on my car at the track and you said that Burger King won't give you time off on the weekends!

old fan
02-11-2016, 07:38 PM
How is the weather down in fla tonight

buzzxxx666
02-12-2016, 09:39 AM
And I have offered to let you help on my car at the track and you said that Burger King won't give you time off on the weekends!

You are by far the most knowledgeable authority on BK on 4m, so you must be a manager at the one in Lowell. Surprised they will let you off work to crew on the 36L. BK is not my speed but thanks for the update, I prefer to eat a little better food. FLA, the only reason you would be in FLA is if Jamie paid your way to scrape mud. You dont race. BTW name the track and will show up to crew, it will easy to work on a car that does not exist in real life. Tom

$UMP$
02-13-2016, 03:56 PM
You are by far the most knowledgeable authority on BK on 4m, so you must be a manager at the one in Lowell. Surprised they will let you off work to crew on the 36L. BK is not my speed but thanks for the update, I prefer to eat a little better food. FLA, the only reason you would be in FLA is if Jamie paid your way to scrape mud. You dont race. BTW name the track and will show up to crew, it will easy to work on a car that does not exist in real life. Tom
You were the one who wanted to change the rules because you couldn't afford to race on a Burger King paycheck!

old fan
02-14-2016, 05:34 AM
lomax is in fla just saying not defending anybody just stating the facts

$UMP$
02-14-2016, 01:14 PM
lomax is in fla just saying not defending anybody just stating the facts
I'm here getting ready for Shady Hill and Buzz is coming to help!

buzzxxx666
02-14-2016, 02:18 PM
I'm here getting ready for Shady Hill and Buzz is coming to help!

Oh right just let me know what car number and I will be there. Guessing this will happen when pigs fly.

buzzxxx666
02-14-2016, 02:23 PM
You were the one who wanted to change the rules because you couldn't afford to race on a Burger King paycheck!

the only one that ever post on 4m about BK is you, you are the only one you must work there as a manager.

$UMP$
02-14-2016, 02:44 PM
Oh right just let me know what car number and I will be there. Guessing this will happen when pigs fly.
Your mod still out in the backyard on milk crates?

buzzxxx666
02-14-2016, 07:14 PM
always plenty of cr@p and no information, the only milk crates are the ones you and your boys lug around at BK. Offered to meet you at Hoosier last time I picked up tires, but as always you were a 4m phantom no show, just like that race car you dont have.

$UMP$
02-14-2016, 07:22 PM
always plenty of cr@p and no information, the only milk crates are the ones you and your boys lug around at BK. Offered to meet you at Hoosier last time I picked up tires, but as always you were a 4m phantom no show, just like that race car you dont have.Season was over and you need to get tires? You must have gotten lost on the way to Walmart! Lol

old fan
02-15-2016, 06:27 AM
http://www.dirtcarump.com/rules/modified-rules/ like them or go b mod or I mod

buzzxxx666
02-15-2016, 12:25 PM
Season was over and you need to get tires? You must have gotten lost on the way to Walmart! Lol

got any actual info or just more lies ???

Told you make and model of truck I was in picking up tires, but you were a no show just like on 4m if you could not get your crew at BK to spare you that long I understand, just quit lying.

Speaking of liars old fan what class are you in A mod or B Mod ? Spolier alert the answer is just like $UMP$ you do not race either. So your bold statement of like the rules or move to B Mods does not apply to you cause you dont have an A mod or a B mod. Which class are you moving to old fan ? the answer is neither cause you do not race. Tom

500BOMBER
02-16-2016, 09:01 PM
Same old crap....different year...................................

oldschoolmod
02-17-2016, 01:56 PM
Same old crap....different year...................................

sadly so....Moderators have NEVER done anything about $UMP$ ruining every thread he touches and meanwhile Lite Inn is now back under then name old fan.
$UMP$ still starting trouble over a crate post that has ZIP to do with him.

Same (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) different thread.

$UMP$
02-17-2016, 03:59 PM
sadly so....Moderators have NEVER done anything about $UMP$ ruining every thread he touches and meanwhile Lite Inn is now back under then name old fan.
$UMP$ still starting trouble over a crate post that has ZIP to do with him.

Same (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) different thread.
Come on Phil you are hurting my feelings!

napoleondynamite
02-27-2016, 08:04 AM
http://www.dirtcarump.com/rules/modified-rules/ like them or go b mod or I modDon't have a car? Go judge the quality of food at the concession stand and leave the rules, cars, and the rest to real racers. You can't tell the difference from the stands..........idiot!

old fan
02-27-2016, 12:23 PM
and you can and yes I can I have worked on a few in my past and might have a few friends that still race

Hemm
02-28-2016, 10:54 AM
Say what you want about crates! I Could not stand crates but they have changed my mind the last 2 years. Look at the race in Las Vegas. All 26 Cars in the A main were crates so they can win on slick 1/2 mile tracks.

sirleafalot
02-28-2016, 11:09 AM
Say what you want about crates! I Could not stand crates but they have changed my mind the last 2 years. Look at the race in Las Vegas. All 26 Cars in the A main were crates so they can win on slick 1/2 mile tracks. Sure crates can win. The trouble is UMP is trying to force this as the ONLY engine option for B mods. Crates as an option OK, crates ONLY no thanks

old fan
02-28-2016, 12:26 PM
I really don't think the crates only option will fly not a terrible idea but it won't go over

buzzxxx666
02-28-2016, 02:12 PM
longer UMP sticks to crates only for Bmods the more tracks that will move to USRA. " UMP are you listening ??? Hello Sam...anyone home ???

old fan
02-28-2016, 04:59 PM
they have not gone to it yet

buzzxxx666
02-28-2016, 11:35 PM
they have not gone to it yet

here are 2016 rules

A,) The Chevrolet Performance Parts 602 engine (GM Part Number – 88958602) will be the only engine permitted for competition. (see
G, below) All engines are to remain sealed from the factory. The original factory seals must remain unaltered, tampering, removal,
modifications of any type and/or broken factory seals will not be permitted. (The Chevrolet Performance Parts 602 crate engine may
have part number changes from time-to-time as issued by the manufacturer.)

) As an option, for the 2016/2017 season(s) , a “Steel Block/Steel Cylinder Head” engine may be used. This shall include:
1. Steel engine block, steel heads,
2. Chevrolet, Ford, and Dodge OEM Engines ONLY. Aftermarket blocks will not be permitted. A maximum of 360 cubic
inches will be permitted for any steel engine.
3. The “Steel Block/Steel Cylinder Head” engine may only use one 500 CFM 4412 Holley unaltered carburetor is required.
The local track rules reserve the right for carburetors to be claimed and/or changed (i.e. “exchanged”) for competitive
analysis and/or inspection. Choke horns may be removed.
4. Only flat tappet type cams and lifters will be permitted. In 2016 and 2017 Roller rocker arms and/or any type of roller
components will not be permitted.
5. Note: this engine option may not be permitted at all tracks. In the event this engine is not an option, track officials will
determine the eligibility for a “Steel Block / Steel Cylinder Head” Engine. The weight penalties for the “Steel Block / Steel
Cylinder Head” Engine must be applied in every application.
6. Overall vehicle weight will increase by 100 pounds each year, for cars using this engine option. The weights shall be:
2015- 2500 pounds, 2016 – 2600 pounds, 2017 – 2700 pounds

So yeah you can run non crate but its gonna cost you 100lbs....so UMP penalizing you for a non crate.

this is why UMP will continue to have issues in the bmod class.