PDA

View Full Version : Dirt on Dirt Inflation question

klemmabyna
01-31-2016, 06:06 PM
I'm considering taking the jump before florida.

What year did it go big and how much was the annual subscription?

Having trouble justifying the price with the limited amount of computer time I have.

a question for long term subscribers: what do you feel provides the best reason to subscribe?

Hoosier_Dirt
01-31-2016, 06:21 PM
Not sure what year it went big,but you won't be disappointed!! For me, I like the summernationals time of year, since I don't get to go to alot of them. Lots of stories etc.. Myself I love it!

LMPunk
01-31-2016, 06:24 PM
Don't question it, just do it. I'd subscribe if it was just race highlights right there to see the next day. Everything else, which is also great, is a bonus.

Peopleschamp15
01-31-2016, 06:34 PM
It's a MUST for DLM fans.... Great coverage, blogs, driver and team stories... And there's new stuff they put on every day

old fan
01-31-2016, 06:44 PM
just do it

powerslide
01-31-2016, 06:45 PM
Summernationals coverage alone is worth the price. How much did you pay for a mag subscription for month old information? Michael and the guys are always adding something new and trying to expand coverage. I enjoy all the driver interviews and races as well. Doesn't ever seem like they have any issues w/ the site and they have an archive for all the live coverage shows so you can go watch a couple days after the event has concluded even if you didn't buy the PPV. I've been a subscriber pretty much since the inception but only bought 2ppv's

kidrock
01-31-2016, 07:12 PM
I have to agree the "Hell Tour" alone is worth the price. You won't be disappointed.

Kwoods25
01-31-2016, 07:13 PM
Well worth the money alone in Highlights. Bonus is the storys/news. Just good coverage on anything DLM related

zyoung25
01-31-2016, 07:27 PM
I was kinda skeptical about myself when it first came out. If I didnt have it now, I would almost feel lost on certain things that go on in he sport.

Not 100% sure, but I think the first year it was available a monthly subscription was 4.99 a month. The first couple years I would pay monthly up until winter months, then start it up again around speedweeks time.

They've had the app for smart phones put for awhile now too. I use ore on there than I do a computer.

outbackMS
01-31-2016, 07:30 PM
I wouldn't think twice about it. Like said above it's a must if you are a Dirt Late model fan. It's amazing how quick they get the Videos up from the past nights races. Plus Driver interviews, and the latest Dirt news. Michael and his crew are top notch and always adding something! Must Have for me

CGF
01-31-2016, 07:31 PM
It's very much worth the price. Always great quality video . I wish they would get the videos up faster but Im sure it takes time to edit stuff to show the best part of the racing action. The PPV quality is great .

george w
01-31-2016, 07:47 PM
Listen to everyone above if your dissatisfied after the fact it was never ment for you to begin with no matter the price/coverage....

Tireguy17
01-31-2016, 08:58 PM
Well worth the money. I love watching the race recaps the next day and hearing from the top 3-5 in the feature. Usually get good insight into what went right or wrong during the race. I do miss the Birky interviews!

flagone
01-31-2016, 09:02 PM
The limited computer time to me should be exactly the reason you should subscribe. The content is always available to you so you can look back as far as you need to and catch up whenever you have the time.

The video content alone is worth the price. But add all the news, the photos, the schedule, the daily updates and now the new weekly video feature show they are producing - its off the charts.

dirt crow
02-01-2016, 05:44 AM
It's my favorite bill I pay. I love it. It's the reason I'm hardly on 4m anymore.

pierceFAN
02-01-2016, 07:10 AM
It's my favorite bill I pay. I love it. It's the reason I'm hardly on 4m anymore.

me too........

DownNDirty
02-01-2016, 08:48 AM
You won't regret it. When racing really ramps up in early Spring you could literally spend an hour or more watching the highlights from all of the various races they put up. It's well, well worth the pittance they ask for honestly.

klemmabyna
02-01-2016, 09:50 AM
flagone: your "limited computer time" comment may be the clincher. thanks to all for the replies. seems like a pretty satisfied group of customers.

Bubstr
02-01-2016, 10:08 AM
Just look what you pay for basic cable or Dish and there isn't anything worth watching. DOD is gold in comparison.

ILL-DIRTDOG
02-01-2016, 11:06 AM
It's a MUST for DLM fans.... Great coverage, blogs, driver and team stories... And there's new stuff they put on every day

Exactly....I don't know what I'd do without it. The Summer Nation coverage is worth the price to me. The endless videos, interviews and numerous stories on racing across the region. Years ago I spent more money on racing papers at tracks and magazines reading OLD news. This is as good as it gets in my opinion.

jog49
02-01-2016, 02:58 PM
It's about $7.50/month, you can watch assorted live coverage, if you choose, and the staff gets results up as quickly as I've ever seen anywhere else.

SnakeX3
02-01-2016, 04:41 PM
I only subscribed last year and that was after someone on 4m gave recommendations like the ones people are posting here. I am very happy I listened. The one thing about DoD that impresses me is if they publish something, you can be sure it's truth. They don't publish rumors just to get the jump on a story. It's a source you can trust.

As others have said, it's the best money a DLMR fan can spend.

kidrocket1
02-01-2016, 06:50 PM
Hands down the best thing I have ever gotten into. If you are half way interested in dirt late models it's worth it. If you have a smart phone, get the app. I love it. I get on there all the time when the wife makes me go shopping or do something I'm not interested in. You won't be disappointed. Video coverage is great, stories are great, and like it was mentioned above, it's true facts.

ptown
02-01-2016, 10:45 PM
If you have a smart phone, get the app. I love it.

The PC web site is really difficult to navigate, the smart phone app is a thousand times better. The only thing that irritates me is they make you watch commercials before every video, I feel if you pay the monthly fee those should be eliminated. Still a great site and well worth the money.

SnakeX3
02-01-2016, 11:32 PM
I think the DoD commercials are pretty cool. At least they are all targeted towards dirt racers and fans. Without that revenue we'd have to pay higher prices. It's a small inconvenience in my opinion.

Tireguy17
02-02-2016, 06:03 AM
I like the mobile version of the website better than the App (Just my opinion). Give it a look....

http://dirtondirt.com/mobile