PDA

View Full Version : MD3 Evolution nose

24latemodel
01-31-2016, 07:16 PM
Has anyone used a torpedo heater or torch to help raise the right side ear?
Or does anyone have any ideas on how to

MBR Performance
01-31-2016, 08:34 PM
It's down for a reason.

Matt49
02-01-2016, 02:30 PM
MBR is correct. The right side is design to allow air to flow over it and the left side is trying to keep air on the nose/hood by being higher. Having it raised like that on the right would actually deflect air back to the side rather than allow it on to the hood/deck/spoiler.
AR Bodies is doing the same thing on theirs.

parocket
02-02-2016, 07:19 AM
I just installed a MD3 this Saturday, the RF "runner" is still much higher than the ARP nose. The RF splitter is also much shorter on the MD3. Overall I'm skeptical of the MD3 being a better product but will wait until on the track.
In the end I don't think I'll ever be able to blame the nose for losing but always hoping to find the best product.

So yes the RF is layed down for a reason, when going straight there is plenty of air coming over the nose, its when ya got her (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ed a bit in the corner you need that flow across the filler and hood.

bigsmooth
02-11-2016, 10:48 AM

3wheelinphotos
02-11-2016, 12:49 PM
Guess most of you all haven't noticed most of the big names an traveling guys are NOT running the evolution nose..... they is a reason for it too. AR Bodies was way ahead of the curve on the RF flopper by year on MD3

Mike @ Warrior race cars

Kwoods25
02-11-2016, 02:07 PM
What 3WP said, get the old style RF flopper for md3. I was going to put the evo on my car but after talking to some tour guys. I went back to the old style

JustAddDirt
02-11-2016, 02:08 PM
the AR nose is a lot easier to put together as well.

TALON75
02-11-2016, 02:33 PM
Mike I have to disagree with your statement, there are only a handful of cars running the MD3, and only one running the AR, the rest are EVO's. What is your reason for not running the EVO? And AR was only ahead of the MD3 because the sanctioning bodies didn't really care as there were so few of them at the time, but that forced PB to make the changes.

FlatTire
02-11-2016, 04:36 PM
When these nose makers actually hav wind tunnel data then there will be something to talk about. Until then its all monkey see monkey do speculation.

3wheelinphotos
02-15-2016, 09:03 AM
ALOT tour guys run the newest EVO thing because it FREE simple as that & you would too if it was free. If you look Richards, Davenport and a lot of guys are not running the EVO. It changed the amount of down force on the rear of the car simple by bolting on that EVO nose an this is coming from folks who have down testing back to back with em. We at Warrior we choose the AR nose because it does help your car steer better without taking away from the rear, easy to put on & they customer service is awesome! Just because a company puts out something new does not always mean its better than the model before it may have been because they was trying to keep up with another company...think on why you haven't seen a new nose from AR Bodies yet.. they can't see where it needs improved. YET!

Mike @ Warrior Race Cars

Punisher88
02-15-2016, 09:41 AM
I have used the Md3 Evo on my personal car since about 2/3 of the way through the year last year. I use the flat right side flopper to gain the advantage the ar had, which is what I was running the beginning of the year. In my opinion the ar doesn't look nearly as good and the shape the wheel opening is cut on the right side let's entirely too much air get to the right side tire when the car is sideways. They really need to look into putting more of a curve on the right side flopper to aid in keeping air off of the tire and out from under the car.

TALON75
02-15-2016, 11:39 PM
Mike, I wasn't trying to start a pissing match on this, just think some of the the info has another side to the story. Yes Performance Bodies does give "some" free pieces, not nearly as many as you might think. That being said AR does the same, just on a smaller level and there are just fewer takers. I have installed every nose on the market( well except the one Gray sells or sold) and they all have there difficult areas. Personally have not seen the difference in running the EVO, as far as it taking anything away from rear downforce, not sure why Rocket felt that was an issue. And if you look close at the pics, Davenport is running the EVO, about the only cars that aren't are the rockets and Owens, and I guess the 1G !! Anyway keep up the good work, AR does make a fine piece also.

7uptruckracer
02-18-2016, 10:43 AM
Davenport isn't using the EVO RF or he modified it......that flopper top is flat flat flat....good conversation though

manwplan
02-18-2016, 12:01 PM
Davenport isn't using the EVO RF or he modified it......that flopper top is flat flat flat....good conversation though

You mean this flat flap oh wise one?

http://www.performancebodies.com/Product-Detail.aspx?parentCatId=38&subcatid=364&categoryName=%20%20%20MD3%20EVOLUTION%20Late%20Mod el%20Nose%20&pid=5532

Dirtmod13
02-18-2016, 02:48 PM
Davenport isn't using the EVO RF or he modified it......that flopper top is flat flat flat....good conversation thoughFrom a side view it looks like jd's nose is really flat compared to anyone else's. Look any any pic and it's clearly different. Like he is pulling the first high spot above the splitter down to match the angle of the rest of the nose

3wheelinphotos
02-18-2016, 03:48 PM
But I Jd's nose fits the template that's all that matter lol If more racers thought outside the box like JD and kevin do we'd see some wild stuff but we are in a age of buy it an bolt it on! Just like this craze of everyone using rocket roof supports instead buy taking time to bend up some metal an some up with ya own

TALON75
02-18-2016, 05:03 PM
http://www.dirtondirt.com/photoGallery.php?id=5486

Look at where the left side flopper attaches to the nose, this is an MD3 on Josh's car.

http://www.dirtondirt.com/photoGallery.php?id=5486

Both of these cars are running the MD3 EVO, notices the LF attaches further back than the older style MD3 .

7uptruckracer
02-18-2016, 05:04 PM
No actually not that one if you actually look at JDs car you can see the differences over the top of the tire how far back the flopper goes compared to the link you sent. Maybe you need to actually see it in person. They put a lot of time into the car and body and it helps when a personal friend is on his team to relay it to you.

TALON75
02-18-2016, 05:24 PM
http://www.dirtondirt.com/photoGallery.php?id=5489

Well I think we are both right!! They must have one of each on the car. Maybe give Heath a call and ask him??lol
I know these pics dont show what you are talking about on the RF but just showing that they have both noses . And yes they trim up the RF a lot more than any one else, but I really think it is due to tire clearance so it can run that low.

Krooser
02-18-2016, 08:05 PM
What Flat Tire said...

Punisher88
02-19-2016, 08:11 AM
Bloomquist is running Evo left front and 1st Gen right front that is super flat.