PDA

View Full Version : No thread on Smoke

WisWildManFan
02-03-2016, 10:33 AM
Disappointed in you guys... more truth coming out now. Sand buggy accident a little different than a 4 wheeler accident which is what most associate with an ATV. I say if he's out put Rico in that 14!

Raceready
02-03-2016, 10:50 AM
Disappointed in you guys... more truth coming out now. Sand buggy accident a little different than a 4 wheeler accident which is what most associate with an ATV. I say if he's out put Rico in that 14! This could be good idea. Rico might be able to finish better than 28th in points.

Bob Hubbard
02-03-2016, 10:57 AM
Its always best to wait n see before suggestion what his options are ..... I guess the fact he was air lifted makes it look bad .....

WisWildManFan
02-03-2016, 10:59 AM
Its always best to wait n see before suggestion what his options are ..... I guess the fact he was air lifted makes it look bad ..... That and the incident happened Sunday and they don't plan on releasing anything until Thursday.

Cardirt0
02-03-2016, 11:29 AM
No news most of the time is Bad news

kazual
02-03-2016, 11:44 AM
Not a Tony fan one way or the other but appreciate his passion for grass roots racing and owning teams as well as a race track. Seems some on this site can be pretty tough on anyone that doesn't have the high standards they themselves have. I wish him a full and speedy recovery, as I would anyone else having an accident.

badacefaist19
02-03-2016, 11:48 AM
I mean if I had millions of dollars I would probably have all kinds of toys (sprint car, late model, dune buggy, motorcycle, etc) and I would not just have them to go half speed on. Tony is just trying to enjoy his life, unfortunately he has had his share of mishaps with the fun. I wish Tony a speedy recovery, thoughts and prayers.

smoothoperator32
02-03-2016, 12:18 PM
I read on twitter he has a broken back

MI Dirt Fan
02-03-2016, 02:21 PM
Nothing surprises me anymore with that guy lol

heinen81
02-03-2016, 02:34 PM
This could be good idea. Rico might be able to finish better than 28th in points.

And where did you finish last year in Cup points.....

Clayton_Wetter
02-03-2016, 03:25 PM
And where did you finish last year in Cup points.....

Wasn't he 26th???? :)

IZZOJR16
02-04-2016, 07:19 PM
what a shocker!!!

mud duck
02-04-2016, 11:18 PM
If I understand it correctly, that type of fracture is more serious. I'm wondering if he will be able to run DLM's or sprints after he retires. With the dirt tracks being rougher, he might have trouble doing that kind of racing. I'm not a huge fan of his in terms of NASCAR. But, I do hope he can enjoy the dirt track stuff after retirement.

MI Dirt Fan
02-05-2016, 04:37 AM
Sounded like he may have to regain back strength before he can get into anything. I have doubts he will be in any race car much this year. It will be interesting to see if NASCAR gives him a waiver like they did Kyle last year. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't because it was non NASCAR related incident nor was it a personal family issue. The article I read stated he could walk but it was painful. The only reason he was air lifted because it was in such a remote area that an ambulance would have had a problem getting to. Also Greg Biffle was there riding but not with Tony and he said he had a close call once. I've rode the sand dunes here in MI and at times it can get a bit risky. You really have to be paying attention.

DirtDirtCrazy
02-05-2016, 09:08 AM
In the world I live in, Private Medical Information is meant to be just that.....PRIVATE. And I am tired of hearing the argument that he is a public figure. If any of you were famous public figures and came down with a case of Hemorrhoids would you want the world talking about it everyday? Probably not.

My point here is that I believe every public figure should have some level of privacy especially when it comes to a medical situation. I am a big Tony Stewart Fan and I wanted to know as much as the next person. However, I also understand why this information is not so forthcoming right after it happens. How many times have we seen "early" reports end up being inaccurate about these situations. There are too many near-do-wells in the Sports Press trying to be huge snoops instead of responsible reporters of the news.

So lets all give Tony and his family a break, I am sure we will all know his status in due time.

Cardirt0
02-05-2016, 10:55 AM
I broke my back in a car wreak when i was 18..It hurt too set in a car for over 2 years after..I walked in too the doc off. and that was not too smart.I was in too Drag racing then and the pain when you shift was so bad . Stopped racing and started working on a Sprint car team....It all depends on what he broke..I say theres a 50% chance he dont race for 3 mouths or longer....If at all....

catgo22
02-05-2016, 10:57 AM
http://bangshift.com/bangshiftapex/don-prudhomme-gives-eye-witness-account-of-tony-stewart-back-injury-sand-rail-crash/

Cardirt0
02-05-2016, 11:16 AM
http://bangshift.com/bangshiftapex/don-prudhomme-gives-eye-witness-account-of-tony-stewart-back-injury-sand-rail-crash/

Will now that I have read this If he makes it back this year I be Shocked.....That way worst then my back when it was hurt and I was in a back brace for 9 mouths...I just had cracks in the same bone and could not bend over for a long time....It hurt just to walk for over 6 to 7 mouths...The muscle you lose is unreal I lost almost 30 pounds...

chupp n bloomer fan
02-05-2016, 05:11 PM
And where did you finish last year in Cup points.....Lol, entirely not the point. NASCAR is your career, that's first. Not dune buggies, dirt cars, drag racing, football, or pu$$y. NASCAR, it pays the bills and affords you the lifestyle you have. Risking it all in a fukin dune buggy is retarded. And I'm guessing it's like Biffles and Robbie Gordon's dune buggy, which is it's more like a sand rail car.

Cardirt0
02-05-2016, 08:13 PM
Lol, entirely not the point. NASCAR is your career, that's first. Not dune buggies, dirt cars, drag racing, football, or pu$$y. NASCAR, it pays the bills and affords you the lifestyle you have. Risking it all in a fukin dune buggy is retarded. And I'm guessing it's like Biffles and Robbie Gordon's dune buggy, which is it's more like a sand rail car.

Big motor Sand cars

chopter
02-05-2016, 10:25 PM
I'm sure he blamed someone else for the wreck. Karma.

chupp n bloomer fan
02-05-2016, 10:49 PM
Big motor Sand carsYeah the ones I've seen are bad a$$. Think Moyer has one, I may be wrong.

Cardirt0
02-05-2016, 11:17 PM
Yeah the ones I've seen are bad a$$. Think Moyer has one, I may be wrong.

A lot of big name people go to were he got hurt this time of year just too play...With the sand cars.....
The tv show is seen of them were hitting like 100 mph up the hill.....

SuperEight
02-06-2016, 11:24 AM
Lol, entirely not the point. NASCAR is your career, that's first. Not dune buggies, dirt cars, drag racing, football, or pu$$y. NASCAR, it pays the bills and affords you the lifestyle you have. Risking it all in a fukin dune buggy is retarded. And I'm guessing it's like Biffles and Robbie Gordon's dune buggy, which is it's more like a sand rail car.

Grow up. So after the cup race I guess he should just sit on the couch in his firesuit till the next race... So you don't have any activities you do after work? I thought so. What a Tard.

MI Dirt Fan
02-06-2016, 11:30 AM
If pu$$y isn't part of a career you better recheck your priorities. Everyone has to work to get it. Just sayin'

Cardirt0
02-06-2016, 11:57 AM
Just what I think: They need too find someone, Who can drive the car for the Hole Year.....
I think the best he could do is be back in the car 6 mouths. (Not going too happen) If he wants too race Sprints car agen
His good by race should be D 500 next year...
On stop doing thing that may hurt you: Why be a live If you don't do what you love....
Having lots of money don't mean a thing, if you set at home and live in fear you may hurt your self....

Cardirt0
02-06-2016, 12:05 PM
Grow up. So after the cup race I guess he should just sit on the couch in his firesuit till the next race... So you don't have any activities you do after work? I thought so. What a Tard.
Never though I be defending chupp n bloomer fan But
If your Smart YES. But Who said Dirt Car drives are Smart...

Nasty55
02-06-2016, 01:42 PM

Why all the hostility towards CNB he was just forming an opinion on an opinion based board like we all do and you want to start calling him names?

chupp n bloomer fan
02-06-2016, 02:23 PM
Grow up. So after the cup race I guess he should just sit on the couch in his firesuit till the next race... So you don't have any activities you do after work? I thought so. What a Tard.Grow up? And then you call me a tard, after you tell me to grow up? You ever looked up hypocrite? And you're supposed to be older. Well, how about go fuk yourself, how's that? Sure I do, use some common fukin sense. I'm not making millions driving a race car, which depends on me being in tip top shape. Which has never been Tonys' strong point. You think I put my livelihood and my family's livelihood in jeopardy by jumping in a bad a$$ dune buggy I have no business being in, no. You need to look at the big picture, he didn't, never has. And now he's hurt for awhile, little more severe and he'd either be eating outta a straw or dead, but hey, go Tony, yay.

chupp n bloomer fan
02-06-2016, 02:29 PM
If pu$$y isn't part of a career you better recheck your priorities. Everyone has to work to get it. Just sayin'I know you were joking, but it's not number one. Number one is driving your race car to the best of your abilities, and if you wad up a dune buggy and jack yourself up, you're kinda screwed. And from the sounds of it, he's going to have a hard time with the other one for a little while too;). I'd love to do all the stuff he does, but at times, you need to sit back and look at the big picture. Your racing career is what puts food on the table and affords you the career you have.

MI Dirt Fan
02-07-2016, 09:30 AM
I'm wondering who NASCAR is going to give the golden restrictor plate to for Daytona Qualifying. Usually the person making headlines gets it which would most likely been Tony for retirement. Last year it was Gordon for retirement. Dillon had it for the #3. Danica had it.

kidrock
02-07-2016, 09:48 AM
I'm wondering who NASCAR is going to give the golden restrictor plate to for Daytona Qualifying. Usually the person making headlines gets it which would most likely been Tony for retirement. Last year it was Gordon for retirement. Dillon had it for the #3. Danica had it.

Word on the street is that Richard Petty is coming out of retirement to drive Tony's car and will the golden plate.

nuff said
02-07-2016, 10:09 AM
It sounds like the same kind of injury Bill Elliott had when he flipped an landed hard on the wheels.No give in the seat mounted directly to the cage if you land hard,there is some give/flex to absorb impact if your body moves in any other direction.

zach51
02-07-2016, 11:00 AM
I'm am not defending Tony, in fact I was critical of his actions during the Chili Bowl incident for reasons similar to what CNB mentioned about this incident (you can't go screwing around and messing with your main liveliness that brings in tens of millions each year and you have hundreds of employees with families depending on that same liveliness), but Tony is always going to be Tony. These guys don't get to the top by not eating, sleeping, and breathing race cars, engines, and anything that goes fast and is dangerous. As a previous poster mentioned, you still have to have a life outside of your day job. If you ride a motor cycle on the weekends and break your leg and can't go to work on monday does that make you a bad person or irresponsible? Maybe so, but not in my opinion. Accidents happen, however there is a fine line when you are that big of star. I'll tell you one thing though, Tony has a lot more "business" being in a sand car if he desires to than the thousands of people that go out there and ride every year and had never driven a race car in their lives. Just my unsolicited opinion.

CIRF
02-07-2016, 12:28 PM
The United States is still a relatively free country so if Stewart wants to go dune running then more power to him, it's no skin off of my ass either way. He has enough resources at his disposal that if he's an invalid or a vegetable for the rest of his life he'll not have to worry about paying his bills and the tax payers won't have to foot the bill for his remaining existence.

However, for a common, ordinary middle class schmoe like myself the considerations are a bit different. I've been a small businessman for over 2 decades now and my personal perspective has to be a bit different! If I don't have the physical or mental capabilities to fulfill the obligations no one is going to do it. Not my wife, children or my siblings, no one. Therefore I have foregone many non-essential activities because of the fear of a debilitating injury that would preclude me from making a living and feeding and supporting my family. That includes making an attempt at driving a race car, owning and riding a motorcycle, etc., etc., etc. The risk outweighed the benefit, or at least I thought so. But, I might have been wrong, we'll never know for sure.

Some would say that I just didn't want it badly enough or that I should be regretful of missing out on experiencing some activities in which I dearly wanted to take part in the name of making a living. They may well be correct. But it was a frightening prospect for me personally to risk my whole career and all I'd worked so hard for to be lost because of participating in a risky pastime.

I'm not knocking anyone who has a different set of priorities but some things just weren't/aren't worth the possibility of losing it all for. We all have to be comfortable with those decisions and so far, I am.

chupp n bloomer fan
02-07-2016, 02:11 PM
The United States is still a relatively free country so if Stewart wants to go dune running then more power to him, it's no skin off of my ass either way. He has enough resources at his disposal that if he's an invalid or a vegetable for the rest of his life he'll not have to worry about paying his bills and the tax payers won't have to foot the bill for his remaining existence.

However, for a common, ordinary middle class schmoe like myself the considerations are a bit different. I've been a small businessman for over 2 decades now and my personal perspective has to be a bit different! If I don't have the physical or mental capabilities to fulfill the obligations no one is going to do it. Not my wife, children or my siblings, no one. Therefore I have foregone many non-essential activities because of the fear of a debilitating injury that would preclude me from making a living and feeding and supporting my family. That includes making an attempt at driving a race car, owning and riding a motorcycle, etc., etc., etc. The risk outweighed the benefit, or at least I thought so. But, I might have been wrong, we'll never know for sure.

Some would say that I just didn't want it badly enough or that I should be regretful of missing out on experiencing some activities in which I dearly wanted to take part in the name of making a living. They may well be correct. But it was a frightening prospect for me personally to risk my whole career and all I'd worked so hard for to be lost because of participating in a risky pastime.

I'm not knocking anyone who has a different set of priorities but some things just weren't/aren't worth the possibility of losing it all for. We all have to be comfortable with those decisions and so far, I am.Well CIRF, once again, well said. Other than Bloomer, we pretty much agree on stuff.

And yeah, Tony can do as he pleases, as he does. But so many people depend on him, and his health, for a living, as does he, that once and a blue moon, he outta step back and look at the big picture. But is what it is, and now he's hurt again. And sponsors aren't paying for whoever his fill in is, they want Tony.

chupp n bloomer fan
02-07-2016, 02:12 PM
I'm am not defending Tony, in fact I was critical of his actions during the Chili Bowl incident for reasons similar to what CNB mentioned about this incident (you can't go screwing around and messing with your main liveliness that brings in tens of millions each year and you have hundreds of employees with families depending on that same liveliness), but Tony is always going to be Tony. These guys don't get to the top by not eating, sleeping, and breathing race cars, engines, and anything that goes fast and is dangerous. As a previous poster mentioned, you still have to have a life outside of your day job. If you ride a motor cycle on the weekends and break your leg and can't go to work on monday does that make you a bad person or irresponsible? Maybe so, but not in my opinion. Accidents happen, however there is a fine line when you are that big of star. I'll tell you one thing though, Tony has a lot more "business" being in a sand car if he desires to than the thousands of people that go out there and ride every year and had never driven a race car in their lives. Just my unsolicited opinion.Good post, though I'm curious as to what happened. Was his just bad a$$ with not a lot of safety, or a freak accident and it was top notch all the way around. You can have the most bad a$$ ride, but still not be put together right. But who knows what he hit or landed on.

Clayton_Wetter
02-07-2016, 08:02 PM

No he should go out and get injured repeatedly and retire 6 or 7 years early because of it. That's fine with me.

CIRF
02-07-2016, 11:25 PM
Well CIRF, once again, well said. Other than Bloomer, we pretty much agree on stuff.

And yeah, Tony can do as he pleases, as he does. But so many people depend on him, and his health, for a living, as does he, that once and a blue moon, he outta step back and look at the big picture. But is what it is, and now he's hurt again. And sponsors aren't paying for whoever his fill in is, they want Tony.

Oh, I think you and I agree on most points concerning snort blowquist, too. Not completely, but mostly.