PDA

View Full Version : McDowell switch to sweet/bloomquist

GRT62
02-03-2016, 08:00 PM
With the success he had in the warrior the last couple seasons, he is sure to stack some crown jewel hardware with bloomer car.

dirtdobber45
02-03-2016, 08:31 PM
They still have warriors. The bloomer car debuts later in the season

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-03-2016, 08:34 PM
With the success he had in the warrior the last couple seasons, he is sure to stack some crown jewel hardware with bloomer car.

I don't think McDowell is a guy Bloomer cars are going to do a lot for. Think he is plenty smart enough to get his own stuff right.

COKEandaSMILE
02-04-2016, 04:39 AM
Then why do you think they decided to get a s/b rig?

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-04-2016, 05:13 AM
Then why do you think they decided to get a s/b rig?

To try something different and see if anything is there.

MI Dirt Fan
02-04-2016, 05:54 AM
That's a pretty expensive experiment then.

Kwoods25
02-04-2016, 06:26 AM
I thought he was helping the dillion boys with Warrior?. Maybe to get some ideas to put into the warrior program?

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-04-2016, 06:55 AM
That's a pretty expensive experiment then.

You don't think RCR is a factor? You guys ignore the fact he has probably been the most consistently fast car at Eldora over the last 5 years. He would have been impressively dominant when Bloomer won with his illegal shock package if Bloomer wasn't there. He is one of the smarter and smoother racers. There was nothing fundamentally wrong with his program.

zyoung25
02-04-2016, 08:02 AM
It was said in another thread that the Dillons came to Scott. So take that as ya want. I don't think Dale needs help being any faster, he's always been one of the best when the money is on the line, no what matter what he's in.

Tireguy17
02-04-2016, 08:44 AM
Add to all of this another recent development for TDR. In an effort to stay at the leading edge of technological development in the sport and have another car to compare themselves against, the team is in the process of adding a Sweet-Bloomquist Race Car to its fleet.

“There were times where we were on a little bit of an island by ourselves with the Warrior so we just wanted to try something else and see how we do,” McDowell explained. “It’s funny in a way because we’ve been rivals with Scott(Bloomquist) for a long time, but there’s a mutual respect there between us even with the rivalry.”

Look for Dale McDowell to drive the new car in Super Late Model competition at some point in the future. More work will be done on its preparation after this busy time has passed.

http://insidedirtracing.com/team-dillon-racing-emerges-from-busy-off-season-ready-to-race/

Highside Hustler25
02-04-2016, 08:53 AM
You don't think RCR is a factor? You guys ignore the fact he has probably been the most consistently fast car at Eldora over the last 5 years. He would have been impressively dominant when Bloomer won with his illegal shock package if Bloomer wasn't there. He is one of the smarter and smoother racers. There was nothing fundamentally wrong with his program.

Not to mention that He probably has one of the most knowledgeable crew chiefs in the business.

titbaby115
02-04-2016, 10:17 AM
They wanted to make a change Scott came to them about his cars so did Barry Wright and Marshall Green they decided on going with Scott I thank its a great move I talk to them weekly and was with all last weekend at boyds they are really excited about it so we will see how it turns out.Go TDR and 17M

RoundNrOUND
02-04-2016, 10:41 AM
Landers and his success since getting into those cars I believe played a part as well. There are still ties there between Landers and TDR.

Josh Bayko
02-04-2016, 11:02 AM
Dale has always been fast in whatever brand of chassis he's used. I don't know that this change will really have a noticeable effect on his results, he'll be up front anyways.

COKEandaSMILE
02-04-2016, 11:33 AM
You don't think RCR is a factor? You guys ignore the fact he has probably been the most consistently fast car at Eldora over the last 5 years..

I'm guessing you'd be surprised by the facts.

World 100 avg finish dating back to'10
Bloomer : 3rd
Macdaddy : 13th

He has fared better in the dream than world., but certainly not the " most consistently fast car " there.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
02-04-2016, 12:13 PM
Hes still gotta beat the #6

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-04-2016, 12:47 PM
I'm guessing you'd be surprised by the facts.

World 100 avg finish dating back to'10
Bloomer : 3rd
Macdaddy : 13th

He has fared better in the dream than world., but certainly not the " most consistently fast car " there.

Results don't always show what the actual speed was. The guy is consistently one of the cars there with a shot. That isn't going to change now. We have years of data on McDowell. We have years of data on Bloomquist. McDowell isn't going to suddenly be better than he has been with technology that Bloomquist already has. He is already at the top. Give him the 6 car last year, sure, there would be a major improvement.

But go ahead and tell yourself how several DNFs bringing an average finish down show that a guy wasn't fast.

Not to mention McDowell isn't out racing the best every weekend. Hell, he may be more impressive at this point in his career than at any other time.

Kwd1253
02-04-2016, 12:58 PM
I like see him in Bloomer. His driving style fits a bloomer chassic.

Kwd1253
02-04-2016, 01:35 PM
Not to mention McDowell isn't out racing the best every weekend. Hell, he may be more impressive at this point in his career than at any other time. Dis agree on this part, he always been impressive in his 30 years plus racing, specailly his h.a.t. years. He has ran with the best wk to wk lucas, woo, and he didnt do bad on them national tours... you are right he cant improve on his driving ability, because he is one the cleanest best wheel man there is. But he if gets in chassic that fits his style and understands it, it will look he has improved. I dont get people say chassic dont matter, it does. If put scott in any chassic he can win, but if you put him in a great chassic he will kick everyone ass wk to wk same as jd. I think dale needs get in a different chassic.

Kwd1253
02-04-2016, 01:43 PM
I'm guessing you'd be surprised by the facts.World 100 avg finish dating back to'10Bloomer : 3rdMacdaddy : 13thHe has fared better in the dream than world., but certainly not the " most consistently fast car " there.Scott is the king of eldora, only person that could of maybe could have had same avg. Could been jeff. But he went to nascar and plus his two major crashs he had.

WisWildManFan
02-04-2016, 02:53 PM
Scott is the king of eldora, only person that could of maybe could have had same avg. Could been jeff. But he went to nascar and plus his two major crashs he had. Scott chased him right out of dirt racing and he had to go hide in napcar hahaha

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-04-2016, 03:12 PM
Dis agree on this part, he always been impressive in his 30 years plus racing, specailly his h.a.t. years. He has ran with the best wk to wk lucas, woo, and he didnt do bad on them national tours... you are right he cant improve on his driving ability, because he is one the cleanest best wheel man there is. But he if gets in chassic that fits his style and understands it, it will look he has improved. I dont get people say chassic dont matter, it does. If put scott in any chassic he can win, but if you put him in a great chassic he will kick everyone ass wk to wk same as jd. I think dale needs get in a different chassic.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. He isn't out racing the Lucas Tour every week. It would be understandable if he dropped off. But he hasn't.

All the chassis out there are pretty similar. Chassis doesn't matter if you have the ability to get the most out of it by setting it up yourself. That is the argument there. It honestly matters more from a support standpoint, if you are a guy who needs that.

COKEandaSMILE
02-04-2016, 05:00 PM
Results don't always show what the actual speed was.

But go ahead and tell yourself how several DNFs bringing an average finish down show that a guy wasn't fast.

I agree with your first statement.

No one here, myself included, has said that 17 wasn't fast! Nor has anyone said that he isn't a serious contender.

I provided facts that are contrary to your bold claim that 17 was the " most consistently fast car " at eldora, over a time period that you provided. Hell, 17 wasn't the most consistently fast car in '15 at eldora, let alone the last five years!

So, what info/data/stats/facts do you have to support your claim?

Fastest in hot laps?
Fastest in heats?
Fastest in feature?

I'm a results oriented kinda guy. Moral victories don't pay the bills.

King1
02-04-2016, 05:14 PM
Frank Revel always told me that being loyal to one chassis guy or one shock guy will hurt you. You'd be surprised how much faster both of them may get just by bouncing ideas off one another. Think about it, Scott Bloomquist and Dale McDowell are going to be having technical discussions about dirt late models this year.... That has never happened before (if it has it hasn't been much).

Warrior doesn't make a bad race car, but sometimes you just level off and sometimes changing something like a chassis and being able to get new ideas from someone else can really spark something.
I think this is pretty darn awesome.

dirtdobber45
02-04-2016, 05:51 PM
How many different chassis has Bloomer been in over the years? Hes taken all that knowledge piece here piece there and now makes his own. Whos to say the Dillons wont come up with their own chassis after 'testing the waters' with a S/B? And its funny I remember Scott leaving Mastersbilt for Warrior back in the early 90's

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-05-2016, 07:24 AM
How many different chassis has Bloomer been in over the years? Hes taken all that knowledge piece here piece there and now makes his own. Whos to say the Dillons wont come up with their own chassis after 'testing the waters' with a S/B? And its funny I remember Scott leaving Mastersbilt for Warrior back in the early 90's

What is so funny about that? I am not Mastersbilt.

I remember him in Barry Wrights in the mid 90s. Warrior in the late 90s to 2000s. Rayburns in there some where.

Dillons may build their own cars. Honestly, it is the best way to go if you have some fabrication and engineering horsepower at your disposal. And you aren't the type to sit and wait for Mark Richards, Keith Masters or someone like that to tell you how to be fast.

chasenracing2001
02-05-2016, 11:19 AM
Scott and Dale were teammates back in the 90's with Barry Wright race cars at Eldora (World 100.

chupp n bloomer fan
02-05-2016, 05:04 PM
You don't think RCR is a factor? You guys ignore the fact he has probably been the most consistently fast car at Eldora over the last 5 years. He would have been impressively dominant when Bloomer won with his illegal shock package if Bloomer wasn't there. He is one of the smarter and smoother racers. There was nothing fundamentally wrong with his program.Illegal shock package? Hmm, thought they were outlawed after 2014? Think you're starting to take over for Litey with your Bloomer boner.

grt74
02-05-2016, 06:47 PM
Scott chased him right out of dirt racing and he had to go hide in napcar hahaha

boy the stories are always better than what happened

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-05-2016, 06:53 PM
Illegal shock package? Hmm, thought they were outlawed after 2014? Think you're starting to take over for Litey with your Bloomer boner.

It became illegal. Now the window, he should have been sent to the pits...

matdaddy
02-05-2016, 07:08 PM
Shane has already built 2 bloomquist copies off the car Mark Martin sent to them. Those cars will be driven by the girl development driver Anna P? This info is from the horses mouth. Bloomer car will be a school car.

titbaby115
02-05-2016, 08:31 PM
Wrong you must have been talking to the wrong horse when the new car is done it will be the main car they run not a school car and Anna cars are warrior cars not copys they brought her newer car to her at boyd s last weekend and the new sb is still at Scott being put to gather when they have time to go over there and work they have a Lot going on.

chupp n bloomer fan
02-05-2016, 10:54 PM
It became illegal. Now the window, he should have been sent to the pits...Oh yes, the infamous NASA engineered window net. That Eldora said was legal, but because of the b!tch fest it needed to go.

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-06-2016, 12:22 AM
Oh yes, the infamous NASA engineered window net. That Eldora said was legal, but because of the b!tch fest it needed to go.

There is no way a solid window was declared legal by anyone holding a rulebook. Smh

matdaddy
02-06-2016, 06:47 AM
Titbaby they have had that bloomer car for 2 months and the copies are called Dillon/Bloomquist with bloomers blessing

titbaby115
02-06-2016, 08:57 AM
As I said you don't know much I talk to them weekly and have been friends with them for 35plus years the sb car is still at Scott shop it is not even a rolling chassis yet because of the weather a couple of weeks ago a lot of the parts didn't show up on time it should be getting close within the next month hopefully sooner but with them running mods with ty and Austin in Florida and Dale for 4 nights down there as well it will take a little longer and Dale will be in the warrior car he ran last week .

chupp n bloomer fan
02-06-2016, 02:34 PM
There is no way a solid window was declared legal by anyone holding a rulebook. SmhShake your head, Eldora said they did it because of all the complaining, not that it was illegal. But hey, become a tech guy and have at it. I'm sure everyone but Scott will come up legal.

chupp n bloomer fan
02-06-2016, 02:35 PM
As I said you don't know much I talk to them weekly and have been friends with them for 35plus years the sb car is still at Scott shop it is not even a rolling chassis yet because of the weather a couple of weeks ago a lot of the parts didn't show up on time it should be getting close within the next month hopefully sooner but with them running mods with ty and Austin in Florida and Dale for 4 nights down there as well it will take a little longer and Dale will be in the warrior car he ran last week .Whatever you do, don't mention Terry Phillips to him:).

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-06-2016, 02:41 PM
Shake your head, Eldora said they did it because of all the complaining, not that it was illegal. But hey, become a tech guy and have at it. I'm sure everyone but Scott will come up legal.
You got Bloomer glasses on. What he did was worse than what O'Neal pulled in AZ. I am all for the rules. Nothing against Blomquist.

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-06-2016, 02:44 PM
And UMP realized they missed it by bringing him in

Necrosis
02-06-2016, 04:49 PM
You got Bloomer glasses on. What he did was worse than what O'Neal pulled in AZ. I am all for the rules. Nothing against Blomquist.For us out of the loop, sitting on the sideline wannabes (like myself), what exactly did O'Neal do in AZ?

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-06-2016, 05:11 PM
For us out of the loop, sitting on the sideline wannabes (like myself), what exactly did O'Neal do in AZ?
Filled in the driver side sail panel before the feature.

zyoung25
02-06-2016, 07:27 PM
For us out of the loop, sitting on the sideline wannabes (like myself), what exactly did O'Neal do in AZ?

http://i63.tinypic.com/v7qhy1.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/2liaclg.jpg

chupp n bloomer fan
02-07-2016, 02:38 PM
You got Bloomer glasses on. What he did was worse than what O'Neal pulled in AZ. I am all for the rules. Nothing against Blomquist.Actually I don't. You still have a hard on over a fancy window net that meant jack sh!t, let it go. Did you crew McDowells car, doubt it, so let it go. You're still talking about a window net from two years ago, it's quite laughable. And again, you are still saying he broke the rules, UMP/Eldora said no. So a poster on 4m has less pull than Eldora, but hey, just my opinion. And you'll be whining about the Rumley gadget travesty for another God knows how long, but have at it.

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-07-2016, 02:44 PM
Actually I don't. You still have a hard on over a fancy window net that meant jack sh!t, let it go. Did you crew McDowells car, doubt it, so let it go. You're still talking about a window net from two years ago, it's quite laughable. And again, you are still saying he broke the rules, UMP/Eldora said no. So a poster on 4m has less pull than Eldora, but hey, just my opinion. And you'll be whining about the Rumley gadget travesty for another God knows how long, but have at it.
There was never an announcement that it was legal. You live in fantasy land. If it were legal, it would be on cars today. You don't send a guy to the back over complaints. You do something because it is a rules violation. You are incredible...

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-07-2016, 02:46 PM
It wasn't even a net. It was a panel with a grid on it.