PDA

View Full Version : Rumley Rockets

b1eagle
02-06-2016, 06:48 AM
Rumley designed cars dominated at Gis last night

drano
02-06-2016, 08:02 AM
I am confused I thought the Rumley design was just a cheap part that was a add on not a whole design.

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-06-2016, 08:15 AM
I am confused I thought the Rumley design was just a cheap part that was a add on not a whole design.

No. Its both. If it wasn't, Longhorns wouldn't be flying out the door and winning races.

SnakeX3
02-06-2016, 08:17 AM
Rocket by Club 49!

Josh Bayko
02-06-2016, 08:21 AM
Well, here's some Inception type stuff. Who's to say that the Rumley designed Longhorn doesn't have influences from Rocket in the first place? I mean, that's what the Rumleys were running before they got into the Longhorns.

BTExpress
02-06-2016, 10:28 AM
I guess I am going to open up a can of worms. But being a fairly new DLM fan and a reader of 4m for only the last 6 months, why all the hate toward Rocket chassis and Josh Richards? It seems the majority on this board love to bash their success. I had the opportunity visit the shop a few months ago while visiting my in laws in WV just as a fan. Stopped in, told them I was in the area and everyone could not have been nicer. Got to meet Josh and he seemed like a fine young man to me, very down to earth and personable to boot.

kidrock
02-06-2016, 11:08 AM
Most of it is just jealousy, they don't like it because a rich kid gets to drive his daddy's house car. There's no doubt it the kid can drive. Some think he's a little to aggressively at times.

SuperEight
02-06-2016, 11:15 AM
...Got to meet Josh and he seemed like a fine young man to me, very down to earth and personable to boot...

Lots of guys are nice when they take their helmets off, but then once they put it back on, Jekyll & Hyde. For me it's personal, I use to work for a parts supplier to the industry(shocks 98'-04') and Rocket was a customer of ours and without going into details, I just didn't like how, "They" did business. As far as Josh goes I don't care for his driving, plane and simple. He has a bad habit of cutting your nose off on corner entry(did it to B Shepp last night), throwing sliders when he knows he won't clear you and he did a friend of mine(Casey Roberts) pretty dirty last year on multiple occasions, but he got a nice knot on his head for good measure. There is more I could say, but I don't want to dig up old bones so I'll leave it with this. I've been around dirt racing a long time but I've never seen a group of folks with such a lack of respect for their fellow competitors, customers and fans as that bunch. If you like them, that's fine, I won't fault you for your choices. Good luck to everyone in 2016.

fastford
02-06-2016, 11:19 AM
Well, here's some Inception type stuff. Who's to say that the Rumley designed Longhorn doesn't have influences from Rocket in the first place? I mean, that's what the Rumleys were running before they got into the Longhorns.

this is true, but where did rocket get its influences from , take a guess?

SuperEight
02-06-2016, 11:25 AM

Bullitt by Ray Callahan.

Josh Bayko
02-06-2016, 11:30 AM

Originally? or the time before this, or the time before that?

What they do, and do it better than anybody else in the industry, is keep an eye on what everybody else is doing, and then adapt their product to keep up. It's how they've managed to stay relevant at the top levels of the sport as long as they have.

fastford
02-06-2016, 11:55 AM
Originally? or the time before this, or the time before that?

What they do, and do it better than anybody else in the industry, is keep an eye on what everybody else is doing, and then adapt their product to keep up. It's how they've managed to stay relevant at the top levels of the sport as long as they have.

I thought you might give a deferent answer so I could argue, lol , but I have to agree 100%

chupp n bloomer fan
02-06-2016, 02:13 PM
And who has the proof Rumley had any part of this. If Barry Wright or the Club cars do doing well, are we going to say they called up Kevin to? I mean since he invented late models and all, I'm guessing you gotta call him.

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-06-2016, 02:53 PM
And who has the proof Rumley had any part of this. If Barry Wright or the Club cars do doing well, are we going to say they called up Kevin to? I mean since he invented late models and all, I'm guessing you gotta call him.

It was either well copied, or help was given. All you have to do is look at it.

zyoung25
02-06-2016, 03:05 PM
It was either well copied, or help was given. All you have to do is look at it.

I seen this in Charlotte. You can see the resemblance between the two in pics very clear. Top and roof line look identical.

mud duck
02-06-2016, 09:54 PM
I seen this in Charlotte. You can see the resemblance between the two in pics very clear. Top and roof line look identical.

You and Mastersbilt know what's happening!! There was a deal made. Let's just see if other Rockets run as good as Josh's!!

zyoung25
02-06-2016, 10:29 PM
I don't know really know if there was a deal or not, the cars do look and act a lot alike.

mud duck
02-06-2016, 10:44 PM
I don't know really know if there was a deal or not, the cars do look and act a lot alike.

What's the old saying?? If it acts like a duck, lucks like a duck??

oldfart50
02-06-2016, 10:47 PM
All I ever read on here is Dumley is the second coming of Jesus and the smartest man on the planet. I hope all of you that believe that are living in trailers way back in the woods somewhere and not around normal people to pollute the gene pool. Rocket has been building WINNING race cars for years and years and years. If you believe that Dumley is the only person that can build a race car you are simply a fool... Take away their driver and they are back to being an average race team.

kidrock
02-06-2016, 10:48 PM
It's probably a Mud Duck

kidrock
02-06-2016, 10:52 PM
All I ever read on here is Dumely is the second coming of Jesus and the smartest man on the planet. I hope all of you that believe that are living in trailers way back in the woods somewhere and not around normal people to pollute the gene pool. Rocket has been building WINNING race cars for years and years and years. If you believe that Dumely is the only person that can build a race car you are simply a fool... Take away their driver and they are back to being an average race team.

Then you need to get some glasses because, nobody has ever said that Rumley is the smartest man on the planet but, deny he can't set up a fast car is just being a fool. Sorry but it takes both to make a fast car.

mud duck
02-06-2016, 11:06 PM
I like that Kid rock!! I meant to say look like a duck though. My bad!

Old Fart you surely aren't one of those that think nothing that ever came out of Saltwell hasn't been a copy of something are you? It's just part of the business!! They all do it and if they haven't they soon will!! And everyone wanted to banish Lanigan for the Club 29/Rocket.

zyoung25
02-06-2016, 11:39 PM
All that FART does is come on here and stir the pot. If he's very smart all he would know people that live way back in the woods don't even know what a computer even is. So they definitely won't be on here talking about racing.

pink floyd
02-07-2016, 06:54 AM
All I ever read on here is Dumley is the second coming of Jesus and the smartest man on the planet. I hope all of you that believe that are living in trailers way back in the woods somewhere and not around normal people to pollute the gene pool. Rocket has been building WINNING race cars for years and years and years. If you believe that Dumley is the only person that can build a race car you are simply a fool... Take away their driver and they are back to being an average race team.

how ya been bubba??

Highside Hustler25
02-07-2016, 07:15 AM
All I ever read on here is Dumley is the second coming of Jesus and the smartest man on the planet.

Revelations 10:4
Say what you want about the Fart guys, but this statement is as true as it gets. And the ones that disagree are the ones preaching the Gospel according to Kevin.

old fan
02-07-2016, 07:23 AM
Seems Shirley doing ok in a longhorn

Kwoods25
02-07-2016, 07:28 AM
Shirley has been good.in whatever he drove

old fan
02-07-2016, 07:35 AM
kinda says it it all doesn't it

Highside Hustler25
02-07-2016, 07:37 AM
shirley has been good.in whatever he drove

x 2 .............

SuperEight
02-07-2016, 07:43 AM
Revelations 10:4
Say what you want about the Fart guys, but this statement is as true as it gets. And the ones that disagree are the ones preaching the Gospel according to Kevin.

Revelation, no "S". Thank you.

"Revelation 10:4. And when the seven thunders had uttered their voices, I was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not."

I'm not making the connection...

Highside Hustler25
02-07-2016, 07:48 AM
Revelation, no "S". Thank you.

"Revelation 10:4. And when the seven thunders had uttered their voices, I was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not."

I'm not making the connection...

ha, I didn't see that one coming:DYou.ve got a Bible:confused:

onlyfacts
02-07-2016, 08:24 AM
Revelation, no "S". Thank you."Revelation 10:4. And when the seven thunders had uttered their voices, I was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not."I'm not making the connection...Are you still in the shock business.

cra0021
02-07-2016, 10:13 AM
Let me start by saying that I love innovators therefore I like Kevin rumley, he is what grassroots racing is about. However, this place is ridiculous, its as if nobody here has ever come in contact with a high IQ. Which might be true. Rumley himself feeds off of it and has taken on this arrogant character that spouts off on twitter and wears NASA shirts. If he was seriously as smart as he or you think then hed be doing something else. He'd be clocking in at Hendrick or NASA like his shirts claim. And don't even start with he loves dirt late models. Everybody needs more money and if he was really kid genius he'd be somewhere making more of it.

That being said I hope he develops undetectable jet propulsion and wins the Daytona 500 in a leaf spring Rayburn.

kidrock
02-07-2016, 10:29 AM
Let me start by saying that I love innovators therefore I like Kevin rumley, he is what grassroots racing is about. However, this place is ridiculous, its as if nobody here has ever come in contact with a high IQ. Which might be true. Rumley himself feeds off of it and has taken on this arrogant character that spouts off on twitter and wears NASA shirts. If he was seriously as smart as he or you think then hed be doing something else. He'd be clocking in at Hendrick or NASA like his shirts claim. And don't even start with he loves dirt late models. Everybody needs more money and if he was really kid genius he'd be somewhere making more of it.

That being said I hope he develops undetectable jet propulsion and wins the Daytona 500 in a leaf spring Rayburn.

That's funny you say that because, he was making more money at job he quit to come work for his dad's race team. I have no doubt he could get a job at Hendricks if he wanted one.

chupp n bloomer fan
02-07-2016, 02:26 PM
It was either well copied, or help was given. All you have to do is look at it.So because they "look" alike, it's a copy? The only cars that look off from the rest is the Swartz cars. And if you think they are a copy, go ask. I heard the rumor last year that Kevin was going to Rocket, but obviously it wasn't true. So it's all BS till someone has the proof. They all had to step up their game because of Kevin. Either step it up, or quit. And judging by today, I think that blue 1 junk Rocket has stepped it up. I'm thinking of passing the God torch to Mark.

chupp n bloomer fan
02-07-2016, 02:30 PM
All I ever read on here is Dumley is the second coming of Jesus and the smartest man on the planet. I hope all of you that believe that are living in trailers way back in the woods somewhere and not around normal people to pollute the gene pool. Rocket has been building WINNING race cars for years and years and years. If you believe that Dumley is the only person that can build a race car you are simply a fool... Take away their driver and they are back to being an average race team.While I agree the Rumley God complex gets old, the guy is very smart. You're not a top engineer at CV Products and being some dummy. They are still a good team without JD. I think they hit on their stuff just as JD was coming in to his driving. I think the chemistry between JD and Kevin is what works for them. As long they are together, they'll be tough. I think apart, Kevin would have more success than JD, jmo.

chupp n bloomer fan
02-07-2016, 02:31 PM
That's funny you say that because, he was making more money at job he quit to come work for his dad's race team. I have no doubt he could get a job at Hendricks if he wanted one.I agree for sure. I'm guessing he got tired of that atmosphere.

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-07-2016, 02:41 PM
So because they "look" alike, it's a copy? The only cars that look off from the rest is the Swartz cars. And if you think they are a copy, go ask. I heard the rumor last year that Kevin was going to Rocket, but obviously it wasn't true. So it's all BS till someone has the proof. They all had to step up their game because of Kevin. Either step it up, or quit. And judging by today, I think that blue 1 junk Rocket has stepped it up. I'm thinking of passing the God torch to Mark.
I ain't talking about bodywork.

mud duck
02-07-2016, 03:38 PM

You definetly know what your talking about here!! All these guys think just because there wasn't an announcement between the two parties that nothing happened. I find it amazing, how some think a miracle happened at Rocket late last fall and they found speed with testing and hard work. Give him credit, he never stays down for long no matter what the cost. Josh will light it up this year!! The question, will other guys who left Rocket and come back get what Josh has under the sheet metal? Mark is a competitive guy!! He will get Josh a few Crown Jewels this year!! No matter the cost.

mud duck
02-07-2016, 03:45 PM
Given Marks involvement and influence with WoO over the years and if Josh goes on a role like JD did last year on the Lucas tour. Do you think the WoO would change rules to "sort of" stop the advantage like Lucas Oil series tried? Or Just let it be?

kidrock
02-07-2016, 03:50 PM
I agree for sure. I'm guessing he got tired of that atmosphere.

Probably plus he could always go back and get an engineering job if he wanted one either with a Fortune 500 company if he wants one.

LMPunk
02-07-2016, 04:43 PM

I'll freely admit I dunno (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) about the cars themselves, but the attitude of the 1 and 6 on the track definitely resemble each other just from looking at pics of'em at speed this weekend. Not so coincidentally I guess, the results weren't much different either.

Last Tru Outlaw 4B
02-07-2016, 05:21 PM
They had a longhorn chassis in the shop, and hired an engineer to redesign the new rocket chassis.. they dropped the front down tubes straight down instead of outwords toward the bumper to make the chassis look different than the longhorn..

old fan
02-07-2016, 05:23 PM
todays race they had Shirley and davenport line up together it look like their bodys were not the same

LMPunk
02-07-2016, 05:26 PM
today race they had Shirley and davenport line up together it look like their bodys were not the same

Shirley's is a Longborn by Randy Weaver, whose cars I've also noticed don't act/drive similarly to the 6 or look exactly alike the 6. (Again, to my uneducated eye.)

old fan
02-07-2016, 05:29 PM
could be the driver also JD is a very aggressive always searching kind a driver just saying

CrankedUp90
02-07-2016, 05:37 PM
You can clearly see the 6 chassis is almost not even like a late model chassis. The left rear sits completely different and you can see the difference in the corners when he is at speed with the way the car rolls over.. Something is definitely off with it.

Kwoods25
02-07-2016, 05:47 PM
The ones saying its a copy is hilarious. Have y'all just started racing? Everybodys is a copy of 1. Somebody got that one built there own. Somebody got that and so on. It's nothing new. Just because it's got the cross bar in the nose and the sharp angle down tubes off the halo. It's a longhorn copy. It's got bolt in brackets why not do that? It's simple updates. Just from what you can see with your eye makes people think it's a copy. You can hate on Mark/Rocket all you want but atleast the man is trying to stay on top of the game and not set back and lose a business. I'm sure he has lost business. But I bet they will be getting some calls Monday morning on wanting one. It was 3 xr1s there and they all ran upfront.

pink floyd
02-07-2016, 07:38 PM
You can clearly see the 6 chassis is almost not even like a late model chassis. The left rear sits completely different and you can see the difference in the corners when he is at speed with the way the car rolls over.. Something is definitely off with it.

the 6 car handles like no other car, especially on corner entry.

old fan
02-07-2016, 07:42 PM
could it be the driver

davis2902
02-07-2016, 08:22 PM
the 6 car handles like no other car, especially on corner entry.

The car turns in on the gas like no other car out there. Noticed that at GIS if he didn't get in the corner hard car would jump around and be erratic but still maintained forward drive.

oldfart50
02-07-2016, 08:43 PM
Well he is getting good at running behind that Rocket...

Kwoods25
02-07-2016, 08:45 PM
The 6 has got drive like no other. He could screw up and still pull back on em in the straight

Kwd1253
02-07-2016, 09:53 PM
You can clearly see the 6 chassis is almost not even like a late model chassis. The left rear sits completely different and you can see the difference in the corners when he is at speed with the way the car rolls over.. Something is definitely off with it.The rumley #6 longhorn is designed for jd, the new rocket is design of longhorn but to fit josh driving style. B.shepp look really good in his new rocket but the car is design behind josh from mark. Im sure shepp dont have the same or all the info josh does on that chassic.

Kwd1253
02-07-2016, 09:56 PM
The 6 has got drive like no other. He could screw up and still pull back on em in the straightWell jd takes rish for speed but not afraid to do it again when messes up. Look at his spin out friday, he can wheel a car and has no fear push his car and him self

00Hdmn
02-07-2016, 09:59 PM
The ones saying its a copy is hilarious. Have y'all just started racing? Everybodys is a copy of 1. Somebody got that one built there own. Somebody got that and so on. It's nothing new. Just because it's got the cross bar in the nose and the sharp angle down tubes off the halo. It's a longhorn copy. It's got bolt in brackets why not do that? It's simple updates. Just from what you can see with your eye makes people think it's a copy. You can hate on Mark/Rocket all you want but atleast the man is trying to stay on top of the game and not set back and lose a business. I'm sure he has lost business. But I bet they will be getting some calls Monday morning on wanting one. It was 3 xr1s there and they all ran upfront.

There were a few more than three new XR1's there, I know Macintosh has one and I believe Satterlee has one too.

zyoung25
02-07-2016, 11:53 PM
There were a few more than three new XR1's there, I know Macintosh has one and I believe Satterlee has one too.

Carrier has one as well. Casebolt will have his Volusia.

Kwoods25
02-08-2016, 04:45 AM
Richards, carrier, and bshepp. Satterlee wasn't running a new car. I know Macintosh got one but I don't think they are running it yet

00Hdmn
02-08-2016, 06:29 AM
Richards, carrier, and bshepp. Satterlee wasn't running a new car. I know Macintosh got one but I don't think they are running it yet

Macintosh said in a interview when a won a race this year I think the Cabin fever that he liked the new rocket car?

Kwoods25
02-08-2016, 07:02 AM
He might have been not sure on that one. But Satterlee was running last years stuff

phenom08
02-08-2016, 09:13 AM
Macintosh clarified it was a new rocket but not the new style car

Kwoods25
02-08-2016, 10:04 AM
Good deal thanks for clearing that up

Barbecueboy
02-08-2016, 10:24 AM

Excellent point actually.......

Barbecueboy
02-08-2016, 10:39 AM
I guess I am going to open up a can of worms. But being a fairly new DLM fan and a reader of 4m for only the last 6 months, why all the hate toward Rocket chassis and Josh Richards? It seems the majority on this board love to bash their success. I had the opportunity visit the shop a few months ago while visiting my in laws in WV just as a fan. Stopped in, told them I was in the area and everyone could not have been nicer. Got to meet Josh and he seemed like a fine young man to me, very down to earth and personable to boot.

With most people,Josh isn't the issue.......

Josh Bayko
02-08-2016, 11:04 AM
With most people,Josh isn't the issue.......

this is true. In the future, when Josh is king of the castle at Rocket, I think a lot of the hate that gets thrown that way will probably die down.

Jdawg
02-08-2016, 11:21 AM
He might have been not sure on that one. But Satterlee was running last years stuff

Satterlee sold all of his other cars. He only has 1 car right now and it is the new XR1 Rocket, at least according to his father.

DEKconsulting
02-08-2016, 11:27 AM
Jdawg is correct he has the xr1

Last Tru Outlaw 4B
02-08-2016, 12:29 PM
Mcintosh does have a new xr1, they have practiced with it but dont think there breaking it out til there next race. They other rocket he is running was one they picked up after they got junked at Eldora , but its not a xr1.

onlyfacts
02-08-2016, 03:15 PM
I guess I am going to open up a can of worms. But being a fairly new DLM fan and a reader of 4m for only the last 6 months, why all the hate toward Rocket chassis and Josh Richards? It seems the majority on this board love to bash their success. I had the opportunity visit the shop a few months ago while visiting my in laws in WV just as a fan. Stopped in, told them I was in the area and everyone could not have been nicer. Got to meet Josh and he seemed like a fine young man to me, very down to earth and personable to boot.Just like people hate the New England Patroits.Josh is like Brady and Mark is the Belichick of dirt racing.Always serious and intense He is there to win and keep his Brand on top. People hate the Patroits for the same reasons. Every time I talk to either one they are polite and friendly. In the heat of competition sometimes people are judged incorrectly. Cam Newton is always a nice guy but yesterday after the Super Bowl his interview was not good. Racing is a serious business to people like the Richards fans are in it for entertainment or a hobby. When you take your job serious compared to people that don't take their job serious there is usually a different aditude. Kevin Rumley takes the job serious have you seen him in the pit area or read any of his Twitter a lot like Belichick.

BTExpress
02-08-2016, 05:26 PM
In my "prior life" I was a huge sprint car fan. A driver that I used to root against all the time was Fred Rahmer. Could not stand the guy..... won too much, way to aggressive on the track etc. So I take my family camping in Ocean City, MD during the middle of the week in the middle of July. We get a late start and it was pitch dark by the time we get to the campground. As I am backing my trailer into the spot, a guy across the way helps me back in. After getting all set up, my son says "Dad, I think that was Fred Rahmer who helped you". Well sure enough, the next morning I realize it was indeed Fast Freddie. He had taken his family in his motorhome for a little mini midweek vacation. Talked with him for almost two hours, almost nothing about racing, just life, his family etc.. When he left later that day he told me to look him up in the pits the following week at Grandview Speedway. He not only remembered me but took me in his hauler and gave me and my entire family ( 5 of us ) free racing t shirts.... Needless to say I have been a fan ever since. Now ten years later every time I see him at the races, he always says hi and we talk for a few minutes.......Funny how a chance meeting changed my prospective of a driver I despised.

BigNilla
02-09-2016, 12:24 PM
It all started with C.J. Rayburn let's not forget that.

jlacey
02-09-2016, 12:44 PM
BTE I know exactly how you feel. I wasnt a fan of Rahmer for the same reasons. Met him at Dennys after 2nd night of the world finals and he was as nice as could be, even stopped us passing by the next day at the track just to say hey

jlacey
02-09-2016, 12:47 PM
That being said ive disliked Richards for a few years now. Just for the fact that out of the 4 races i attended where he either won or finished 2nd, he drove over or through half the field and took out anyone who passed him (cleanly) for the lead.

Barbecueboy
02-09-2016, 01:23 PM
That being said ive disliked Richards for a few years now. Just for the fact that out of the 4 races i attended where he either won or finished 2nd, he drove over or through half the field and took out anyone who passed him (cleanly) for the lead.

So you were at Screven and friendship last year?

Both very nice tracks.

jlacey
02-09-2016, 01:28 PM
Was at Friendship but only saw a highlight video from Screven. It all started with him back in either 2012 or 13 at Winchester when he pulled the same move that he did on Roberts at Screven

jlacey
02-09-2016, 01:29 PM
Friendship was nice aside from the dust. Trying to hit Screven for the 1st time this weekend before i head to Volusia

Kwoods25
02-09-2016, 02:57 PM
That being said ive disliked Richards for a few years now. Just for the fact that out of the 4 races i attended where he either won or finished 2nd, he drove over or through half the field and took out anyone who passed him (cleanly) for the lead.Was anyone a fan of Dale Earnhardt hear? I loved watching Dale cause he did WHATEVER it took to win. He didnt care if he wrecked you, Beat on you, or run you off the track. Dale didn't want finish 2nd and neither does Richards. That's why I am a fan he Drives harder than anyone else. I know he pushes the issue sometimes but that's what I like. The WANT to win.

Kwoods25
02-09-2016, 02:58 PM
As tight as friendship is other than turn 1-2 you about have to move people out of your way there

Barbecueboy
02-09-2016, 03:12 PM
Friendship was nice aside from the dust. Trying to hit Screven for the 1st time this weekend before i head to Volusia

You will enjoy the racing at screven.......

Barbecueboy
02-09-2016, 03:15 PM
As tight as friendship is other than turn 1-2 you about have to move people out of your way there

Most people don't do it down the straightaway though......especially by hooking you in the rear at the highest speed section on the track coming down the back straightaway.

Barbecueboy
02-09-2016, 03:18 PM
Was anyone a fan of Dale Earnhardt hear? I loved watching Dale cause he did WHATEVER it took to win. He didnt care if he wrecked you, Beat on you, or run you off the track. Dale didn't want finish 2nd and neither does Richards. That's why I am a fan he Drives harder than anyone else. I know he pushes the issue sometimes but that's what I like. The WANT to win.

Almost everybody that races wants to win.........some just do it the right way and earn respect.

Others do it by what ever means possible and then wonder why they don't get any respect...........

Kwoods25
02-09-2016, 03:31 PM
Most people don't do it down the straightaway though......especially by hooking you in the rear at the highest speed section on the track coming down the back straightaway.I was there

Barbecueboy
02-09-2016, 03:35 PM
I was there

Ditto.......for all of it.

jlacey
02-09-2016, 04:48 PM
You will enjoy the racing at screven.......

I just hope i can get down the road in time for Saturdays show

jlacey
02-09-2016, 04:57 PM
No i wasnt a fan of Earnhardt. I understand racing hard for the win. Racing someone, catching them and passing them clean just to get slammed in the next turn will get you plenty of lumps on your skull, but not much respect from the other drivers. Especially the 1s you run over or through to get to the front. Maybe thats just me tho bc 1 was a friend of mine and im a Roberts fan

chupp n bloomer fan
02-09-2016, 04:58 PM
Almost everybody that races wants to win.........some just do it the right way and earn respect.

Others do it by what ever means possible and then wonder why they don't get any respect...........I agree to an extent, but if you're willing to punt them, you are showing them no respect. And Dale was big on the chrome horn etc.

Kwoods25
02-09-2016, 05:06 PM
We all have people we are fans of and we are always going to pull for our people over any one else. I would door slam, spin anybody for a win if it comes down to it and I will until I quit racing. That's just me

chupp n bloomer fan
02-09-2016, 05:13 PM
We all have people we are fans of and we are always going to pull for our people over any one else. I would door slam, spin anybody for a win if it comes down to it and I will until I quit racing. That's just meI'm the exact opposite. I believe in Eddie Carrier Jr's philosophy, and far as I'm concerned, Bloomers too. Pass them clean or don't bother. As long as they raced you clean that is. Race others as they raced you.

Barbecueboy
02-09-2016, 05:18 PM
I'm the exact opposite. I believe in Eddie Carrier Jr's philosophy, and far as I'm concerned, Bloomers too. Pass them clean or don't bother. As long as they raced you clean that is. Race others as they raced you.

I agree..........and I'm a huge fan of the 28 for that very reason.

I find it ironic though that you are a proponent of racing others as they race you , considering our conversations about rocket man.

Kwoods25
02-09-2016, 05:42 PM
What are your views on the JD/erb deal then?

jlacey
02-09-2016, 05:43 PM
I agree with you both about Carrier. Ive also watched Bloomquist since about 95 and any race ive seen in person or on TV hes always raced clean

chupp n bloomer fan
02-09-2016, 05:46 PM
I agree..........and I'm a huge fan of the 28 for that very reason.

I find it ironic though that you are a proponent of racing others as they race you , considering our conversations about rocket man.Well, it's complicated. I've never seen him dirty someone in person. Seen the Roberts stuff and didn't agree with any of it at all. Didn't say I'm sporting a Josh shirt, but I do like him. I like Randle too, and he wasn't clean. I dunno really, I like aggressive drivers, I would be that way. But the stuff he did to Casey no, some of the other stuff that gets labeled as dirty, I'd have to see video or be there to form my opinion. I put Josh in the Bobby Pierce category, have to see it for myself, because there isn't very many unbiased opinions on either one. Same with Bloomer, but he's clean, so we attack other BS on him.;)

Barbecueboy
02-09-2016, 05:49 PM
What are your views on the JD/erb deal then?
I'm surprised Dennis or heather didn't walk over and punch him in the face for driving like josh Richards .

Barbecueboy
02-09-2016, 05:51 PM
Well, it's complicated. I've never seen him dirty someone in person. Seen the Roberts stuff and didn't agree with any of it at all. Didn't say I'm sporting a Josh shirt, but I do like him. I like Randle too, and he wasn't clean. I dunno really, I like aggressive drivers, I would be that way. But the stuff he did to Casey no, some of the other stuff that gets labeled as dirty, I'd have to see video or be there to form my opinion. I put Josh in the Bobby Pierce category, have to see it for myself, because there isn't very many unbiased opinions on either one. Same with Bloomer, but he's clean, so we attack other BS on him.;)
We are more alike than either of us would like to admit then..........very good post.

chupp n bloomer fan
02-09-2016, 05:57 PM
We are more alike than either of us would like to admit then..........very good post.I know BBQ, I still respect you man;).

Kwoods25
02-09-2016, 05:57 PM
I'm surprised Dennis or heather didn't walk over and punch him in the face for driving like josh Richards .Good deal then

jlacey
02-09-2016, 05:59 PM
My only issues with Richards have been where he flat out slams or dumps the driver that passed him clean for the lead. Everyone does or has thrown a slider or 2 at some point and i dont consider that dirty necessarily. Just dont get mad when they return the favor. When you see that happen to a friend and then to 1 of your favorite drivers (twice) you start to sense a pattern. Plus theyre both good local drivers that arent on that big stage every week

Barbecueboy
02-09-2016, 06:03 PM
I know BBQ, I still respect you man;).

Roger that c and b.......right back at ya.

We can disagree, talk it out, still disagree and still be respectful ................the way it should be.

Some should learn how to do that.