PDA

View Full Version : The EPA...

W2Racing09
02-08-2016, 09:23 PM
https://www.sema.org/news/2016/02/08/epa-seeks-to-prohibit-conversion-of-vehicles-into-racecars

DEKconsulting
02-08-2016, 10:17 PM
Ridiculous is the only word for this (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)

dirtdobber45
02-09-2016, 05:55 AM
Thats just BS!!! Look at what it would do to racing, ecspecially drag racing...how stupid.. Its called EVOLUTION and there isnt a thing our goverment can do about it but to spend our tax money

DoubleZero
02-09-2016, 07:30 AM
The Environmental Protection Agency.......the same Federal Agency the caused untold and immeasurable damage, devastation, and pollution, to Colorado's Animas River in 2015. An EPA TEAM's activity 'accidentally' released a million gallons of mine-waste water, concentrated with heavy metals, into the river, turning it a vivid yellow. Can't imagine the out-cry had the shoe been on the other foot. So, all this agency has to do is worry about street cars being converted to race cars??

W2Racing09
02-09-2016, 07:37 AM
The Environmental Protection Agency.......the same Federal Agency the caused untold and immeasurable damage, devastation, and pollution, to Colorado's Animas River in 2015. An EPA TEAM's activity 'accidentally' released a million gallons of mine-waste water, concentrated with heavy metals, into the river, turning it a vivid yellow. Can't imagine the out-cry had the shoe been on the other foot. So, all this agency has to do is worry about street cars being converted to race cars??

It is important that everyone get serious about this. If this bill were to go through it certainly would spell the end of stock car racing. The stream of new drivers isn't going to continue if the entry point into the lowest division (Legends cars I guess?) is $15-$20k.

We need our stock divisions to help the sport continue on.

Contact your senator's and representative's and make sure they know. Make sure all of your friends know, share it on social media.

Thanks,
Jeff.

Wonder
02-09-2016, 08:15 AM
You can thank the democraps for this! If Billary gets in we are screwed!

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-09-2016, 08:55 AM
Wow...

Talk about government overreach. Hopefully, common sense prevails.

fastford
02-09-2016, 10:59 AM
dam, I guess im gone have to weld the catalytic converter back on my kids pony car.........

Punisher88
02-09-2016, 11:11 AM
This is a ridiculous law if it were to pass, but nesmith now has an aftermarket factory chassis that has all the same mounting mounts as a stock metric chassis for a fairly reasonable cost. And weighs the exact same as a factory chassis. So it wouldn't end all the factory stok chassis classes but I cam imagine it would hurt it some. It would likely kill drag racing and many asphalt classes.

Pops15
02-09-2016, 11:28 AM
This IS a big deal guys. The EPA doesn't make a rule then go away. They ALWAYS become more involved. The EPA hasn't used common sense for a very long time.
The EPA employees aren't always the ones writing the regulations. They sometimes use college interns that have NO knowledge about what they are regulating. Extremist groups also sue the EPA to write and enact regulations. Those groups sometimes get a cash settlement as well. They use that money to further their cause.
If this proposed regulation goes into effect you can kiss the entry level classes goodbye. Same for many classes of drag racing and sports car racing and the automotive aftermarket parts manufacturers.

The EPA has done a lot of good, but in recent years you have to wonder what their end game is. We need to be good stewards of the environment, but not at the cost of traditional American lifestyle.

EVERYONE needs to write or call their Senators and Representatives and voice your opposition to this proposed regulation and government overreach in general.

Cardirt0
02-09-2016, 11:29 AM
Will I know a few Crazy people that race that would burn down the EPA if this happen....

Pops15
02-09-2016, 11:35 AM
Will I know a few Crazy people that race that would burn down the EPA if this happen....

And that is exactly what we don't need. If we respond like a bunch of out of control rednecks they regulate the sport out of existence.

CIRF
02-09-2016, 11:42 AM
This has been coming for some time now. SEMA has been the only one I know of that has kept abreast of the steps that have been taken almost clandestinely over the past 15 to 20 years.

It may be very difficult or even impossible to turn the tide. The final goal of the people who are in support of the EPA and their power in the country is to eliminate internal combustion powered racing activities. These people have no regard for the number of jobs and livelihoods that are dependent upon racing as we now know it.

A similar fate is coming to American football as we know it due to the concussion situation. I believe it will take longer than choking out internal combustion powered auto racing but it's coming. There will be American football but it won't remotely resemble the game we all grew up with.

This is what happens when government bureaucracies aren't monitored and their intentions widely publicized. Most of the country would rather keep close track of the Kardashian's latest drama or pregnancy. There aren't enough of us to offset the apathy of the rest of the country.

Cardirt0
02-09-2016, 11:53 AM
Will they all way said the Home war would start over something Stupid...It all starts with taking your Guns. Will a lot of the people I know have them in the ground on the farm...And they are not rednecks.. They have good jobs and help out there friends and feed the poor...If we dont start standing up for our rights we will have no rights.. You cant do this, you cant do that, NO you cant do that ether..Do We live in Rome, oops I mean the USA .

regulate the sport out of existence: Would start a war....

MM90
02-09-2016, 11:58 AM
And people think Social Media is the end of Dirt Track racing. LOL It might actually be the thing that saves it if this goes any further.

kidrock
02-09-2016, 12:06 PM
I'm all for the epa regulating companies in this country to keep us safe but, this would be a far reach for them in my opinion.

I will be calling my congressman and telling them I'm against this.

Pops15
02-09-2016, 12:07 PM
I agree with most of what you said Gary, but the only way we have a chance of winning is through our elected officials.

Cardirt0
02-09-2016, 12:07 PM
And people think Social Media is the end of Dirt Track racing. LOL It might actually be the thing that saves it if this goes any further.

The thing you hate may be the thing that saves you..ITs time too start BY VOTING for the people that will back you not them...IF a DEM get in the white house, we all will lose a lot of RIGHTS..There is a bill right now on the floor too pull the EPA back too a enforcement not someone that can regulate VOTE R or its all over.....

Cardirt0
02-09-2016, 12:16 PM
I agree with most of what you said Gary, but the only way we have a chance of winning is through our elected officials.

YER,YES,YES, VOTE........ Call your Con. or Sen. IF you are a R and don't vote this year we will have no one too blame but us,,,,ILL is run by the D we owe BILLIONS to people that work for US. We cant not keep this up....

TS FAN
02-09-2016, 12:53 PM
We had a big debate on this forum about what electing someone like Obama would do to this sport. NO NO< many said. Many laughed in fact. My question is, who is laughing now? The EPA does is what the White House Says.

KAOS
02-09-2016, 01:43 PM
I really don't think they car about your dirt modified, stock car or late model. They are mostly talking about 3/4 , 1 ton, and semi trucks. and that they don't want someone removing the emission control device on a "certified vehicle" just for a competition. IMO They are just making it easier for them to regulate someone buying a Chevy Corvette and buying parts "for competition" and driving the car on the road illegally.

b1eagle
02-09-2016, 01:52 PM
Obama and the epa have destroyed the lives of people in coal fields of Va.Wva Ky Tn.

raceco25
02-09-2016, 02:24 PM
big difference between a "bill" and a "regulation"

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-09-2016, 02:36 PM
I really don't think they car about your dirt modified, stock car or late model. They are mostly talking about 3/4 , 1 ton, and semi trucks. and that they don't want someone removing the emission control device on a "certified vehicle" just for a competition. IMO They are just making it easier for them to regulate someone buying a Chevy Corvette and buying parts "for competition" and driving the car on the road illegally.

That is the justification they would give. Yes. And it is probably the "good intentions" that are involved.

W2Racing09
02-09-2016, 02:44 PM
big difference between a "bill" and a "regulation"

Care to expand on this? I'm not very up to date on how all of this political terminology works.

Thanks,
Jeff.

HoosierDirtFan
02-09-2016, 03:15 PM
There is a petition going around the internet and Facebook to prevent the EPA from banning vehicle modifications.
IF YOU SEE IT - SIGN IT.

W2Racing09
02-09-2016, 03:41 PM
There is a petition going around the internet and Facebook to prevent the EPA from banning vehicle modifications.
IF YOU SEE IT - SIGN IT.

https://www.change.org/p/president-of-the-united-states-prevent-the-epa-from-banning-vehicle-modification?recruiter=220214651&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

Sign this, as Hoosier Dirt Fan said above!

raceco25
02-09-2016, 03:42 PM
Care to expand on this? I'm not very up to date on how all of this political terminology works.

Thanks,
Jeff.

I don't believe a "bill" such as this would never pass in the House. Large gov. agencies have power to write their on regulations, many of which are never enforced. An example would be the Soc. Sec. administration... many regs not enforced or I guess its better to say "followed." I think the passing of a Bill such as this would definitely be a disaster for it would be the law of the land then.

CIRF
02-09-2016, 04:07 PM
The head administrator of the EPA answers directly to the POTUS. The head administrator of the EPA is appointed by the POTUS. Regulations enacted by the EPA are very much akin to a presidential executive order. Even if the regulations are challenged all the way to the SCOTUS there is less than a 50-50 chance for the court to do what is constitutionally correct.

Let's hope for a change in philosophy as a result of the election of 2016. If not this kind of overreach will continue. However, I fear that there may be too much momentum to quell the advancement of governmental over-regulation. The folks pushing for the kind of regulation posted in the OP are very well organized and they have MONEY behind them.

TS FAN
02-09-2016, 05:59 PM
Obama is coming after auto racing. He is obsessed with man made global warming. He is insane with it. World leaders nod their head when he speaks, and then most of them are laughing about it. Especially the ones he thinks are cooperating. It is nothing but a money making scheme. See Al Gore

Pops15
02-09-2016, 06:24 PM
We're not talking about a proposed law that elected officials will vote on. We're talking about a regulation that the EPA is writing.

Anyone in our sport that isn't taking this as a very serious threat hasn't been paying attention. The current POTUS is obsessed with climate change and he's doing everything he can to go after what he believes is causing it. It's no accident they're trying to get these regulations into effect before the election. We've got new wood stove regs too.

Petitions carry no weight at the federal level. Call or write to the people that are being paid to represent you!

PennDirt
02-09-2016, 06:41 PM
Another overreach but hardly detrimental to our sport. 30 years ago this would have been a big ouch. The enforcement would be nearly impossible, as well.

CIRF
02-09-2016, 07:21 PM
Another overreach but hardly detrimental to our sport. 30 years ago this would have been a big ouch. The enforcement would be nearly impossible, as well.

I would very much like to believe you are right on this but all evidence to the contrary. If the EPA believes there is the potential to generate large amounts of revenue they will go to whatever lengths needed.

I deal with EPA regulations on a regular basis and they will stop at nothing if they sense a potential for revenue generation.

HoosierDirtFan
02-09-2016, 07:44 PM
EPA clarifies stance on road to race car conversions
Link - http://www.foxsports.com/motor/story/epa-road-car-racecar-conversions-020916

Pops15
02-09-2016, 09:20 PM
The clarification changes nothing. We need to be proactive. Contact your representatives in Washington.

Cardirt0
02-09-2016, 09:29 PM
The clarification changes nothing. We need to be proactive. Contact your representatives in Washington.

Pops is right you need too call your representatives.. Tell them you will not Vote for them next time and you did last time....John M is trying too change they way they do it but he needs help from your representatives so call them....ITS time too speak up.....

old fan
02-09-2016, 09:38 PM
POTUS don't you mean POS

Tireguy17
02-10-2016, 09:15 AM
Sign the petition and share it with your racing friends thru social media!

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/tell-epa-withdraw-its-proposal-prohibit-conversion-vehicles-racecars-0

dirtisforracin
02-10-2016, 09:21 AM
This is problematic in so many ways, that would not just affects dirt racing. Drag racing bigtime. What about truck and tractor pulls? What about motocross, supercross racing, and motorcycle racing in general. Demolition derbies and so on. This is sad and bad news, as it means motorsports is now on radar of EPA! Period.
From EPA "The proposed regulation that SEMA has commented on does not change this long-standing law, or approach. Instead, the proposed language in the Heavy-Duty Greenhouse Gas rulemaking simply clarifies the distinction between motor vehicles and nonroad vehicles such as dirt bikes and snowmobiles. Unlike motor vehicles – which include cars, light trucks, and highway motorcycles – nonroad vehicles may, under certain circumstances, be modified for use in competitive events in ways that would otherwise be prohibited by the Clean Air Act."
The worse thing about EPA and their regulations are. Who does the EPA answer too? And anyone STUPID enough to think this will just affect motorcycles, and NONroad vehicles is a moron, plain and simple. All Dirt cars, Late models, sprints, midgets, modifieds are nonroad vehicles.

TheDirtDoctor
02-10-2016, 11:21 AM
http://arstechnica.com/cars/2016/02/no-the-epa-isnt-making-it-illegal-to-turn-an-old-car-into-a-race-car/

dirtisforracin
02-10-2016, 05:51 PM
I'm sorry. I don't buy that with this EPA. Just ask coalminers and power plants!

Pops15
02-10-2016, 07:18 PM
An important except from the article in dirt doctor's link....
"The EPA recognizes the vehicle itself as the target of compliance or noncompliance. Racers and enthusiasts have long considered the vehicle's use as the arbiter of compliance or noncompliance".

Pops15
02-10-2016, 07:30 PM
You can find the contact info for your senators and representatives by going to these websites:

http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/

Cardirt0
02-10-2016, 07:44 PM
S court just stopped the coal EPA was trying to in-act.... Ruled in the States side......
http://www.smartbrief.com/s/2016/02/supreme-court-temporarily-blocks-obamas-coal-rules

qwik83
02-11-2016, 08:39 AM
they have already shut down the hotrod diesel stuff,and put in regs on modifying the computer your car came with..
if I remember right the car company claimed that you buy a car but the computer stays owned by them.

I agree 100%. I don't think they give 2 craps about auto racing. They tried to eliminate the hotrod diesel guys... but now you can still buy the same parts and software, but in the terms of the sale it can only be used for OFF ROAD COMPETITION/RACING! Its a much more broad spectrum of people to control. Do I think racing will be affected unintentionally? Yes. However, the main goal is to stop guys from deleting the DPF and other engine choking, chemical producing emissions garbage from their vehicle.

TheDirtDoctor
02-11-2016, 08:59 AM
I'm a Mining Engineer who was forced to move South because of the dying industry. The EPA has had an impact on coal, no doubt....but the strong coal companies will prevail. The companies who are folding right now are the ones who weren't efficient to begin with. I know because I have worked for some of these companies. The EPA isn't out to keep you from building race cars....they are out for the companies who are manufacturing parts to bypass clean air regulations. It's basically Volkswagen all over again directed universally at all manufacturers.

BadlandsBandit12
02-11-2016, 03:15 PM
I signed the petition. The one thing that gets me is that if you think about it those jet planes in the sky put out a lot of pollution, same for trains and semi trucks. Those things I have mentioned are constantly being used too. Race cars are not and I just think the gobbament does not want anyone having any fun. My motto is- "Do it today, tomorrow there may be a law against it".

Also want to point out Odumba is so worried about climate control he has the national guard ready for it. I laugh because what exactly the national guard going to do about it? Or what can they can do about it., DUMB!!!

CIRF
02-11-2016, 04:10 PM
I'm a Mining Engineer who was forced to move South because of the dying industry. The EPA has had an impact on coal, no doubt....but the strong coal companies will prevail. The companies who are folding right now are the ones who weren't efficient to begin with. I know because I have worked for some of these companies. The EPA isn't out to keep you from building race cars....they are out for the companies who are manufacturing parts to bypass clean air regulations. It's basically Volkswagen all over again directed universally at all manufacturers.

Nothin' personal towards you DirtDoctor, but I think some of the hierarchy of the EPA does in fact want to seriously curb auto racing activities. The higher ups in the EPA have an ideological agenda and a vendetta towards anything or anyone who would go against a their environmental philosophy and ideological goals. I can't prove it but I sincerely believe it.

formercrewguy
02-11-2016, 05:11 PM
Here is how an EPA pencil necked geek, who was bullied as a kid, possibly transgender, democrat thinks..............." Hmmmm...racecars=NASCAR=rednecks=Republican=climat e denier." "We'll fix THAT".

Cardirt0
02-11-2016, 06:05 PM
Its all about POWER: You like it, They don't, So Kill it: Its all about POWER.........So We clean up the air +10% then China under the Prezs new deal he worked out dirtys it up -40%.... If he don't Kill 1/2 of us be for he goes I will be Shocked

Clayton_Wetter
02-11-2016, 08:28 PM
Its all about POWER: You like it, They don't, So Kill it: Its all about POWER.........So We clean up the air +10% then China under the Prezs new deal he worked out dirtys it up -40%.... If he don't Kill 1/2 of us be for he goes I will be Shocked

He may kill way more than half of us. He is allowing Iran to make nuclear weapons that can be set off above this nation and putting us in the dark without power the nation would turn into a starving, cold dog fight. No bills are being signed to stop this from happening. Defense systems as well as even upgrading our electrical grid and systems. Car electronics would be destroyed also. How would people eat, and get medical aid and medicine, prescriptions would all end. This man could be the man that finally destroyed America. Along with the like minded. Yes he would do this to us. The government has underground facilities to go to and not be subject to what the citizens would be facing.

If we can get through another year maybe there is hope.

Cardirt0
02-11-2016, 08:41 PM
He may kill way more than half of us. He is allowing Iran to make nuclear weapons that can be set off above this nation and putting us in the dark without power the nation would turn into a starving, cold dog fight. No bills are being signed to stop this from happening. Defense systems as well as even upgrading our electrical grid and systems. Car electronics would be destroyed also. How would people eat, and get medical aid and medicine, prescriptions would all end. This man could be the man that finally destroyed America. Along with the like minded. Yes he would do this to us. The government has underground facilities to go to and not be subject to what the citizens would be facing.

If we can get through another year maybe there is hope.

The worst part is the US subs would Nuke most of the rest of the World...Cave men

Wonder
03-16-2016, 06:09 PM
The EPA is Obummer's pawn. Call your congressman and demand they pass HR7415

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/03/16/epa-crashes-amateur-car-races-with-buried-regulation.html