PDA

View Full Version : D.O.T. question ? Longhorns

Raceready
02-09-2016, 09:17 PM
A couple of crew members of somebody that runs a Longhorn Chassis were trying to find out if it would be legal for them to install a big set of the cattle horns on the hood of their hauler. Would they get pulled around back at the scale house? I agreed with them that it would really be pretty cool to see those big old horns right out front there.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
02-09-2016, 10:18 PM
A couple of crew members of somebody that runs a Longhorn Chassis were trying to find out if it would be legal for them to install a big set of the cattle horns on the hood of their hauler. Would they get pulled around back at the scale house? I agreed with them that it would really be pretty cool to see those big old horns right out front there.

Are they running lucas shows if so it might b found in rule book. They seem to have a chapter on longhorn chassis.

Barbecueboy
02-09-2016, 10:39 PM
Are they running lucas shows if so it might b found in rule book. They seem to have a chapter on longhorn chassis.

Now that's dam funny......

Seems like I've seen the steer horns on some trucks over the years, if not I should have......that would be pretty cool to see all of them roll in with a set on.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
02-09-2016, 11:20 PM
Now that's dam funny......

Seems like I've seen the steer horns on some trucks over the years, if not I should have......that would be pretty cool to see all of them roll in with a set on.

A pair should come w every team that purchases one but they figured if they did that than the pits would look like a big ol coral!!

HORNS UP!!

Raceready
02-10-2016, 07:36 AM
LOL! I know that Boss Hogg was sporting a nice set of horns on his big old Cadillac but of course he didn't have to worry about the creeper cops laying for him.

Highside Hustler25
02-10-2016, 08:10 AM
I'd rather see a pair mounted on the front of one of them Dominator2 front ends. Would look pretty cool watching one gore the competition in the azz going down the backstretch.

plunks7
02-10-2016, 10:08 AM
A pair should come w every team that purchases one but they figured if they did that than the pits would look like a big ol coral!!

HORNS UP!!

Or a junkyard!!! LOL

Rollover
02-10-2016, 10:15 AM
No idea on DOT rules but ive seen several over the road semis with them on their trucks.

pink floyd
02-10-2016, 10:21 AM
there's an old 60's caddy running around here in Kentucky with a set on the hood.

plunks7
02-10-2016, 10:25 AM
I've seen them on many Mexican Cadilacs ( the Elchamino ) around here. LOL

Jim11h
02-10-2016, 01:53 PM
As long as their secure their legal. If titled as camper/motorhome DOT shouldn't mess with ya at all