PDA

View Full Version : Saturday East Bay Broadcast Discrepancy

TDRacin®
02-10-2016, 05:26 PM
So Dirt Nation is advertising on their Facebook page they have exclusive rights to all coverage at East Bay. Lucas Oil TV otoh have Saturday's show listed as being shown live as part of their subscription. After going back and forth with some associated with Dirt Nation on Facebook, they promise they will be the only one showing East Bay Saturday. I sent Lucas Oil TV an email about it with no replay as of yet.

This would be disappointing if they don't deliver what they advertise and after their poor coverage of the Chili Bowl kicking off the service, I'm not so sure this is worth the price.

SnakeX3
02-10-2016, 05:49 PM
Just be careful not to say negative things on social media about the sport. That would make Kenny Wallace very angry. LOL

stlracing
02-10-2016, 07:25 PM
You paid $6.99 for a month and already got all the nights at Golden Isles... All other PPV are $20+ per event..

TDRacin®
02-10-2016, 07:59 PM
You paid $6.99 for a month and already got all the nights at Golden Isles... All other PPV are $20+ per event..

Do wa? I paid $60 for the year and I get anything they show! If you paid $6.99 for the month, you get anything else they show for the rest of your monthly subscription!

They are advertising East Bay Saturday.

SnakeX3
02-10-2016, 08:28 PM
I checked Dirt Nation and when I click on their link for race on 2/13, it's not available to purchase while the Thursday and Friday races are. I assume that means they aren't doing that show. If they aren't, I can't find any place to buy it. Since Lucas still has the 2/13 race on their schedule, I kinda doubt Dirt Nation is covering it.

KAOS
02-10-2016, 08:35 PM
What he is saying is all 3 Races at Golden Isles (with very little problems) cost you less than what you will spend on Dirt Nation for one race... Lucas is the Best deal out there as far as price....but go ahead and bad mouth it so we all can either not watch or pay $20+ a race

Drop Shock
02-10-2016, 09:06 PM
I paid for the 5 nights with Dirt Nation and intended on getting Lucas Oil TV for the Saturday race, but now it says Ive already paid for saturday with dirt nation. Hoping lucas plans on broadcasting. Kind of sick of hearing the dirt nation guys put down the lucas series all week. They even went out of their way to mention that mccreadie, richards, and lanigan were heavy hitters because they are former world of outlaw champions, no mention of any Lucas oil champions lol.

Cleetus Motorsports
02-10-2016, 09:08 PM
I think there might be a pissing match between Lucas and Dirt Nation. I have watched the dirt nation broadcasts all week. On Monday night everything was cool they showed victory lane. Then on Tuesday night they said due to a dispute with the sanctioning body they were not going to shoot victory lane and said to go on their facebook for interviews with the top 3. I know in years past they would never broadcast the Saturday night show. Now this year they claim they will be broadcasting it and Lucas says they will be broadcasting it as well so I am not sure what actually is going to happen at this point.

TDRacin®
02-10-2016, 09:18 PM
What he is saying is all 3 Races at Golden Isles (with very little problems) cost you less than what you will spend on Dirt Nation for one race... Lucas is the Best deal out there as far as price....but go ahead and bad mouth it so we all can either not watch or pay $20+ a race

Who are you replying to?

SnakeX3
02-10-2016, 09:22 PM
I paid for the 5 nights with Dirt Nation and intended on getting Lucas Oil TV for the Saturday race, but now it says Ive already paid for saturday with dirt nation. Hoping lucas plans on broadcasting. Kind of sick of hearing the dirt nation guys put down the lucas series all week. They even went out of their way to mention that mccreadie, richards, and lanigan were heavy hitters because they are former world of outlaw champions, no mention of any Lucas oil champions lol.

But some fan posts something negative on Facebook and people blow a gasket. So frickin' retarded.

zyoung25
02-10-2016, 09:33 PM
I'm pretty sure dirt nation took a pic of Lanigans car Monday, and tagged Steve Francis in it. That was enough for me to wonder if they really knew what was going on.

SnakeX3
02-10-2016, 09:40 PM
I'm pretty sure dirt nation took a pic of Lanigans car Monday, and tagged Steve Francis in it. That was enough for me to wonder if they really knew what was going on.

To quote James Essex, "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!" LOL

People make mistakes. I noticed quite a few during the Lucas PPV. The most notable being Moyer Sr's picture instead of Moyer Jr's in the starting lineup.

Cleetus Motorsports
02-10-2016, 09:52 PM
I just wish Dirt Nation would let us hear James Essex instead of their own announcers. They charge top dollar and consumers should expect a top presentation.

kidrock
02-10-2016, 09:58 PM
In my opinion they charge to much. I will stick with Lucas oil TV and dirt on dirt replays.

SnakeX3
02-10-2016, 10:33 PM
I just wish Dirt Nation would let us hear James Essex instead of their own announcers. They charge top dollar and consumers should expect a top presentation.

I was actually kind of disappointed with the way Essex sounded on the Lucas PPV. It wasn't anything wrong with James, it was just like his voiced sound totally different than his signature sound...like it was over produced or something. It just seemed to lose that exciting quality he usually has.

In my opinion they charge to much. I will stick with Lucas oil TV and dirt on dirt replays.

Sounds like a solid decision. I want to support anyone that is trying to bring more coverage to the sport, but those prices were just nuts. I'll pay more for DoD's PPV and not complain because I want to see those guys succeed and their broadcast bring a lot to the table.

Bubstr
02-11-2016, 08:49 AM
I don't think pricing is all Dirt Nation's fault. As with other PPV, they charge seat price. East Bay is a very expensive race for what it is. Fewer laps and no support class and not a great track, most of the time. I won't buy a ticket at East Bay or a PPV. I guess I may be just too picky on where I spend my money. $30 for a short race is nuts. Eldora was $32 and 100 laps. Going by laps alone, not including, that anybody who is anybody is at Eldora, that makes these short races worth about $14.

Highside Hustler25
02-11-2016, 09:27 AM
I can't speak for the live pay per view action as I do not have it. I do follow their page on FB and watch all of their video clips. Not sure if the live interviews are done by the same individual that does the FB interviews, but if it is, please ask more credible questions. Helps to check your volume controls as well. Quite a few vids have been amateur at best. Twice they interviewed ONeal, and both times you could tell Don was a lil fed up with the questions he was asked.

I'm not bashing on Dirt Nation, just some constructive criticism. I'm all for any promotion of the sport. I hope they succeed and do nothing but get better.

I would also be shocked if the subscribers to Lucas TV are blocked out this weekend. They would never let it happen. Might just as well shoot yourself in the foot if your Lucas.

TDRacin®
02-11-2016, 12:02 PM
I would also be shocked if the subscribers to Lucas TV are blocked out this weekend. They would never let it happen. Might just as well shoot yourself in the foot if your Lucas.

That's what I said, but the DN people seem pretty assured that they will be the exclusive provider of live coverage come Saturday. Still haven't gotten a reply from Lucas Oil.

SnakeX3
02-11-2016, 12:07 PM
Unrelated to Saturday, I noticed the Lucas Oil TV banners in the video highlights last night, which isn't surprising, but Bobby Pierce said it was a TV race....not a live race, but TV race. That means it will probably be shown on MavTV and be available on Lucas TV at some point.

MEE
02-11-2016, 12:12 PM
I don't know any thing about Dirt Nation at all, but as far as as I'm concerned I am completely satisfied with LucasOil TV and Dirt On Dirt.With what I've watched so far and having the archives, I feel was worth the $60.and $80 I paid.
There is no way I can afford the price of Dirt Nation's PPV.

SnakeX3
02-11-2016, 12:13 PM
I don't think pricing is all Dirt Nation's fault. As with other PPV, they charge seat price.

That's a good point. I kind of remember Rigsby saying in the chat during one of the DoD PPVs last year that they had to charge seat price. He didn't elaborate, but I assume at some places that is part of the deal the track requires so people won't stay home to watch the race cheaper...and that is fair. I'd prefer to pay less, but I'm just happy to be able to see races out of my area.

SnakeX3
02-11-2016, 12:16 PM
I don't know any thing about Dirt Nation at all, but as far as as I'm concerned I am completely satisfied with LucasOil TV and Dirt On Dirt.With what I've watched so far and having the archives, I feel was worth the $60.and $80 I paid.
There is no way I can afford the price of Dirt Nation's PPV.

I got a couple of PPVs from Xsan, which became Racefeedx.com. If you look at the RacefeedX site it is the same as Dirt Nation. It's only a guess, but I'm thinking Dirt Nation is a rebranding of RacefeedX.

W2Racing09
02-11-2016, 12:54 PM
I asked Lucas Oil TV about this. Their response is attached.

huskerdirt
02-11-2016, 01:01 PM
I asked Lucas Oil TV about this. Their response is attached.

I guess that's some false advertising by dirt nation to up there PPV buys. I do find it very odd that it won't allow me to buy the Saturday program without buying the whole week.

SnakeX3
02-11-2016, 02:16 PM
I guess that's some false advertising by dirt nation to up there PPV buys. I do find it very odd that it won't allow me to buy the Saturday program without buying the whole week.

Right. If they had the exclusive broadcast it would be set up just like the other nights.

GRT62
02-11-2016, 02:37 PM
I watched some of their free practice on Sunday and they were on there pretty much bad mouthing lucas tv saying that low price viewings of the events hurt the racers and track because it keeps people from coming to the race, they also claimed that most of their proceeds went back to racers which I find hard to believe.

huskerdirt
02-11-2016, 02:42 PM
I watched some of their free practice on Sunday and they were on there pretty much bad mouthing lucas tv saying that low price viewings of the events hurt the racers and track because it keeps people from coming to the race, they also claimed that most of their proceeds went back to racers which I find hard to believe.

Not a lot of truth in those statements from DirtNation, XSan, Racefeed or whatever they are calling themselves these days.

plunks7
02-11-2016, 02:56 PM
I just don't get why all the beef. If LOLMDS is running anywhere you would think that Lucas OIL TV would have the rights, anytime and everywhere. Lucas Oil TV would have been my first place to look. And I did and they had it on their site. If you can afford $180.00 for the 5 or 6 races. You certainly can afford $60.00 for the year. WTF

Spanky44
02-11-2016, 07:08 PM
Dirt on dirt is 89$ for 6 nights

Dirt nation wants $30 a race for the cheap broad cast or more for HD, or you can buy the week for like $180-200$
Thats insane.

They would have gotten another buyer if the price was reasonable. 90% of the people that buy the broadcast WAS NOT going to florida anyhow. It was just extra income for the tracks. We had a talk with them on sunday night in chat and they were slamming us fans for bitching that it was to much. Saying they had negotiated price with track and it pays the point funds lol. I cant stand dirt nation.

cross55
02-11-2016, 09:01 PM
Best 60 bucks I spent! Dirt nation is a joke.for.what they wanted to charge.

KAOS
02-11-2016, 10:10 PM
As far as charging seat price for PPV you are basically saying that being at the track adds no extra value to the ticket. Will people stay home yes but with a cheaper price more people would watch more lucas races which makes interest in the series go up and a bigger fan base. IMO One of the best things I have seen is the PBR they broadcast all of their Built Ford Tuff Series events for free live over the internet even when those events air on CBS Sports Network or CBS( also when they air events on CBS and CBS Sports Network they are only delayed at the most 24 hrs)

kidrock
02-11-2016, 10:15 PM
Dirt on dirt is 89$ for 6 nights

Dirt nation wants $30 a race for the cheap broad cast or more for HD, or you can buy the week for like $180-200$
Thats insane.

They would have gotten another buyer if the price was reasonable. 90% of the people that buy the broadcast WAS NOT going to florida anyhow. It was just extra income for the tracks. We had a talk with them on sunday night in chat and they were slamming us fans for bitching that it was to much. Saying they had negotiated price with track and it pays the point funds lol. I cant stand dirt nation.

Well if this is true they were slamming fans for complaining because, it was to much they will never get my money ever because for one it was to much money. I looked into it and when I seen how much it cost they made my decision for me.

SnakeX3
02-11-2016, 11:24 PM
As far as charging seat price for PPV you are basically saying that being at the track adds no extra value to the ticket. Will people stay home yes but with a cheaper price more people would watch more lucas races which makes interest in the series go up and a bigger fan base. IMO One of the best things I have seen is the PBR they broadcast all of their Built Ford Tuff Series events for free live over the internet even when those events air on CBS Sports Network or CBS( also when they air events on CBS and CBS Sports Network they are only delayed at the most 24 hrs)

You're right. Anyone that is a race fan is going to go to the track over watching at home most of the time. People that understand the big picture realize the value of having races on TV or available on PPV. Word of mouth will only do so much. As someone that got into the sport from seeing it on MavTV, I'm an example of how important TV exposure is to DLM.

When I first started watching races on Mav the race coverage was enough to get me interested, but I'm a race fan and once I saw how good the racing was I started going to the track and getting PPVs. Condensed versions of a race on TV can't compare to being there or watching the entire event live.

This is grassroots racing. It only hurts the sport if you can't follow it as closely as you like. Without sites like DoD or even 4m, it would be nearly impossible to build sustained interest. Most of us aren't going to fly all over the country to watch every race. By providing reasonably priced live coverage of races, Lucas is helping build the fan base so that there are more people that will be interested enough to purchase subscriptions to DoD and be willing to pay $15-$25 for a PPV once and a while.

At the same time, there is only so much any of us fans can spend on watching races. If Dirt Nation wants to charge $30+ per race, they certainly can do it and obviously some of you guys were willing to pay that much. I've got a fixed amount I can spend on races and I'm sure that's the same for most of you too. Without an unlimited budget I have to pick and choose how to spend those dollars and I ain't gonna plunk down the coin for the Dirt Nation East Bay coverage when I can watch a few races on LucasTV and see the full program from Volusia on DoD for significantly less.

Thankfully there is still some level of capitalism left in this country and unlike our healthcare, we can decide what we want to spend our money on. I think it's great that Dirt Nation is offering coverage. It's good for the sport. If there is a market for it and they can make some money, good for them. But in a free market economy, it's survival of the fittest. Hopefully Dirt Nation can find a business model that allows them to stay alive and thrive. I'm sure they've gotten plenty of feedback. Hopefully they listen to those of you that were unhappy with the product they paid for.

huskerdirt
02-11-2016, 11:43 PM
You're right. Anyone that is a race fan is going to go to the track over watching at home most of the time. People that understand the big picture realize the value of having races on TV or available on PPV. Word of mouth will only do so much. As someone that got into the sport from seeing it on MavTV, I'm an example of how important TV exposure is to DLM.

When I first started watching races on Mav the race coverage was enough to get me interested, but I'm a race fan and once I saw how good the racing was I started going to the track and getting PPVs. Condensed versions of a race on TV can't compare to being there or watching the entire event live.

This is grassroots racing. It only hurts the sport if you can't follow it as closely as you like. Without sites like DoD or even 4m, it would be nearly impossible to build sustained interest. Most of us aren't going to fly all over the country to watch every race. By providing reasonably priced live coverage of races, Lucas is helping build the fan base so that there are more people that will be interested enough to purchase subscriptions to DoD and be willing to pay $15-$25 for a PPV once and a while.

At the same time, there is only so much any of us fans can spend on watching races. If Dirt Nation wants to charge $30+ per race, they certainly can do it and obviously some of you guys were willing to pay that much. I've got a fixed amount I can spend on races and I'm sure that's the same for most of you too. Without an unlimited budget I have to pick and choose how to spend those dollars and I ain't gonna plunk down the coin for the Dirt Nation East Bay coverage when I can watch a few races on LucasTV and see the full program from Volusia on DoD for significantly less.

Thankfully there is still some level of capitalism left in this country and unlike our healthcare, we can decide what we want to spend our money on. I think it's great that Dirt Nation is offering coverage. It's good for the sport. If there is a market for it and they can make some money, good for them. But in a free market economy, it's survival of the fittest. Hopefully Dirt Nation can find a business model that allows them to stay alive and thrive. I'm sure they've gotten plenty of feedback. Hopefully they listen to those of you that were unhappy with the product they paid for.

Excellent post.

In the past I've bought the week long deal from Eastbay. I understand there pricing that is per seat, same thing as Eldora. But I feel the amount of racing and quality doesn't match up to the price. Nothing more.

Both Lucas Oil TV and Dirt Nation TV has updated there schedules and they both still have the race. It looks like there is gonna be a group of fans that will be pissed off whichever way this turns out.

TDRacin®
02-12-2016, 08:39 AM
It appears, contrary to what DN would like people to think, that Lucas Oil TV will be providing coverage as well. They for whatever reason felt they had the exclusive coverage but are wrong and refuse to admit it. If I were Lucas Oil I would be demanding they retract every Facebook post they have made with that statement in it. I'm not sure why they have to be so hostile about it and refuse to admit they are full of chit.

Bubstr
02-12-2016, 08:48 AM
Bottom line is, Lucas Oil knows the value of advertising. They are the main sponsor and they set their own price. The PPV producers, that believe the price is too little are the same ones charging their sponsors more for the extra exposure.

Somewhere along the line, the price vs cost will find a market value. Even your week day news is paid for by a sponsor, who in turn charges you in the price of their product.

As far as I'm concerned, No PPV is worth the same as a live show at the track.

SnakeX3
02-12-2016, 08:49 AM
Really! I mean we're dirt track fans. If they FAIL to come through, just say they were "testing". We accept that as a valid excuse for non-performance. LOL

W2Racing09
02-12-2016, 08:52 AM
Well if this is true they were slamming fans for complaining because, it was to much they will never get my money ever because for one it was to much money. I looked into it and when I seen how much it cost they made my decision for me.

Yeah -- its nice to see a company that wants to air PPV of events, but the price was outrageous. I'm not 100% sure it is DNs fault (I'm sure the track does not want the PPV to be cheaper than the cost to get in in person.).

They were on there saying that they understand if you can't afford it, but the price is what the price is basically. They said they would not deliver a sub par product to get lower prices, etc.

It was a bit of a jab at Lucas Oil TV... but it was misplaced as there is not a PPV group in the country that can touch the broadcast quality of Lucas Oil TV. DoD is great, but they don't have the resources that Lucas Oil TV has.

Thanks,
Jeff.

ChrisNunn
02-12-2016, 09:43 AM
When I announced the broadcasts for XSAN, RacefeedX, DirtNation we did our best to put on one hell of a show. Theres a ton that goes into it, the only comment I can make on this whole deal was about the comment of Barry and crew putting money back out there. They DO indeed put money back out as far as sponsorships, race purses, and the whole Sunshine State Modified Tour this year. Barry does indeed put a lot back out FOR the racers.

The only complaint I have about this year...is that im not down there calling the shows, and instead being in the Indiana cold weather lol

SnakeX3
02-12-2016, 10:27 AM
I don't want to bash DirtNation/RacefeedX, which is why I make a point of saying that they are doing the sport a service by offering the PPV. I'm not sure if it's the same people that owned RacefeedX last season, but I can say that they were very fair with me last year when I bought one of their PPVs. For whatever reason I could not get their video player to work for more then 5 to 30 seconds without having to refresh the page. I worked on the issue with the customer support team for a while and they understood it was a legit problem and offered me a refund and promptly credited me when we couldn't find a solution.

As someone that has a lot experience running stream media servers, I understand how difficult it is to get things to work correctly with there being so many different types of systems your customers use. They did their best to help me out and that is all I could ask, so I was satisfied.

Similarly I've witnessed Rigsby helping people out with the DoD PPVs as well and I was impressed with how hard he worked to help every individual that had an issue even when it was obvious that the problem was on the customer side. In addition, prior to the events they would start streaming early to make sure everything was running properly before the show began, then once it was underway he would regularly ask people in the chat room for feedback on everything from picture quality to sound levels for the cars and announcers and ask if anyone was having any problems. The fact that he cared enough to solicit feedback rather than just wait for people to start complaining (and they always will) showed his commitment to providing the best experience possible. In my book that's huge.

W2Racing09
02-12-2016, 10:44 AM
I don't want to bash DirtNation/RacefeedX, which is why I make a point of saying that they are doing the sport a service by offering the PPV. I'm not sure if it's the same people that owned RacefeedX last season, but I can say that they were very fair with me last year when I bought one of their PPVs. For whatever reason I could not get their video player to work for more then 5 to 30 seconds without having to refresh the page. I worked on the issue with the customer support team for a while and they understood it was a legit problem and offered me a refund and promptly credited me when we couldn't find a solution.

As someone that has a lot experience running stream media servers, I understand how difficult it is to get things to work correctly with there being so many different types of systems your customers use. They did their best to help me out and that is all I could ask, so I was satisfied.

Similarly I've witnessed Rigsby helping people out with the DoD PPVs as well and I was impressed with how hard he worked to help every individual that had an issue even when it was obvious that the problem was on the customer side. In addition, prior to the events they would start streaming early to make sure everything was running properly before the show began, then once it was underway he would regularly ask people in the chat room for feedback on everything from picture quality to sound levels for the cars and announcers and ask if anyone was having any problems. The fact that he cared enough to solicit feedback rather than just wait for people to start complaining (and they always will) showed his commitment to providing the best experience possible. In my book that's huge.

Yeah, I did like XSAN -- not sure why they are continuously re branding themselves. I never had a problem with XSAN pricing, so it is a surprise that it is the same group doing the DN stuff.

I was a little surprised at the "You Can't Afford It" comment during the practice session. I can afford it, I could afford to buy it 50 times if I wanted to. If I would have won Powerball a few weeks back and had enough money to wall paper a mansion entirely in 100 dollar bills I would still look at the value of things. For just SLMs, with mostly non points racing all week (IE the first two days with some drivers running, some not running and only for $5k to win) I did not see the value in the very high price.

It also bothers me to have to pay more to see it in HD. I would rather see one (the HQ price perhaps) price for all three. I don't have to pay more when I sit at the track because I have decent eye sight.

I think as soon as promoters and PPV people realize that watching a feed on your TV at home is NOT EQUAL TO watching it in person we will see the PPV stuff really take off. It is an unfortunate situation if you can't be at the track and have to watch it from home. Don't make it worse by charging the same or more as someone who gets to be there and experience the race live.

I would have bought the week pass for $110-$120.. or maybe even $130 if it were HD, but certainly not for $215. DirtVision has it right next week... I'm going to buy that one.

ksmitty79
02-12-2016, 10:48 AM
I think it is safe to say that if a race is close to you that you are going to make the trip over buying PPV or online subscription. I myself do not have the funds to travel all over the country chasing racing (wish I did) but, if I can I will spend a couple of bucks to watch the race online I will and have. I am willing to bet that the majority of people that watch these races online spend their fair share of money at the racetrack! 60-80$ about every weekend I spend at a local racetrack. More when the National Guys come to town..

plunks7
02-12-2016, 11:17 AM
Yeah, I did like XSAN -- not sure why they are continuously re branding themselves. I never had a problem with XSAN pricing, so it is a surprise that it is the same group doing the DN stuff.

I was a little surprised at the "You Can't Afford It" comment during the practice session. I can afford it, I could afford to buy it 50 times if I wanted to. If I would have won Powerball a few weeks back and had enough money to wall paper a mansion entirely in 100 dollar bills I would still look at the value of things. For just SLMs, with mostly non points racing all week (IE the first two days with some drivers running, some not running and only for $5k to win) I did not see the value in the very high price.

It also bothers me to have to pay more to see it in HD. I would rather see one (the HQ price perhaps) price for all three. I don't have to pay more when I sit at the track because I have decent eye sight.

I think as soon as promoters and PPV people realize that watching a feed on your TV at home is NOT EQUAL TO watching it in person we will see the PPV stuff really take off. It is an unfortunate situation if you can't be at the track and have to watch it from home. Don't make it worse by charging the same or more as someone who gets to be there and experience the race live.

I would have bought the week pass for $110-$120.. or maybe even $130 if it were HD, but certainly not for $215. DirtVision has it right next week... I'm going to buy that one.

I will be buying DOD for $85.00 and get six races. Now that is a Deal anywhere!!!

xcelerated1
02-12-2016, 02:41 PM
All:

I wanted to put out some facts on the East Bay broadcast to clean up some of the confusion.

- DIRT NATION is broadcasting on Saturday.

- DIRT NATION is the former XSAN. We reorganized the company in early 2015 for growth. RACEFEEDX is a platform that multiple broadcasters utilize to bring you live shows including DIRT NATION, IMCA.TV, Low Budget TV, Pit Row Media, and Dirt Race Central. RACEFEEDX is a "hub" of multiple broadcasters.

- DIRT NATION has broadcast from East Bay since 2010 and we signed a contract extension (in 2015) until 2022.

- The price of the PPV is negotiated with the track. In most cases we will not undercut a Pit Pass. DirtOnDirt and other providers share this philosophy.

- All broadcasts are produced by race fans for race fans. We cover every lap, every class, every driver, and revenue share with our partner race tracks and sanctions providing race purses, series purses, and bonuses to drivers since 2010.

However you choose to watch (PPV, On Demand, Social Media) with whatever provider I thank all of you for being involved and helping this sport thrive with digital media. We broadcast racing because we love it.

I hope this helps clear the air a bit. For legal reasons we can't say much more at this time.

Thanks,

Barry Braun
DIRT NATION

TDRacin®
02-12-2016, 05:11 PM
I appreciate the reply Barry. The only issue I have is the proclamation that Dirt Nation is the "exclusive" provider of coverage at East Bay for the Winter Nationals. With the fact that Lucas Oil and its new TV production has advertised this for several weeks and that knowledge being out there, I think it is a slap in their face by DN to falsely advertise such a thing, and continue to advertise this.

The wording has finally been changed since this was brought up, but it is still there in prior posts. It would appear the track is at fault for not clearly wording their agreements in place. That of course is up to the lawyers to figure out, but I would hope the situation is resolved so fans are not misled in the future.

Lucas Oil says they are showing the race and DN are saying Lucas Oil is not.

plunks7
02-12-2016, 05:21 PM
Could we see our first fight of the year tonight? The footage should be able to cover all angles.

xcelerated1
02-13-2016, 12:39 PM
TDRacin, we have no intent to mislead anyone.

Our contract states:

"...hereby grants to XR,
during the Term as hereinafter defined an exclusive, worldwide right and license to (a) create or
have created video and sound recordings of or about all Events, (b) broadcast, use, publish,
digitally transmit, copy, reproduce, display, publicly perform and advertise Video on or through
the Internet (including without limitation on or through the Site), and (c) exhibit and have
exhibited advertisements, including without limitation banner ads and other materials for the
Event on or through the Internet (including without limitation on or through the Site)."

Now, if someone chooses to violate our rights, it may be beyond our control to completely prevent the violation. We still have to work within the legal framework to maintain legitimacy and standing.

Moreover, our contract preceded (in date of contract agreement) any other contract.

Chris Graner
riivet.com
RACEFEEDX.com

KAOS
02-13-2016, 01:02 PM
You may have an agreement with East Bay, but that doesn't mean you have an agreement with Lucas.........You guys are the most Backa$$ward media company in racing

Pennsboro23
02-13-2016, 01:08 PM
Hope Lucas Oil is showing the broadcast.

Pennsboro23
02-13-2016, 01:09 PM
You may have an agreement with East Bay, but that doesn't mean you have an agreement with Lucas.........You guys are the most Backa$$ward media company in racing

Agreed, I am positive that since it is a lucas oil race, that lucas oil tv can broadcast their own product.

kidrock
02-13-2016, 01:17 PM
So does any know if Lucas oil will showing the race tonight or not?

mccreadiefan39
02-13-2016, 01:31 PM
Lucas Oil says tonight at East Bay 7:00pm and Bubba Raceway Park 7:00pm tomorrow

WisWildManFan
02-13-2016, 01:35 PM
Qualifying at 6 central time?

TMaCiLLiNi39
02-13-2016, 01:40 PM
Lucas Oil says tonight at East Bay 7:00pm and Bubba Raceway Park 7:00pm tomorrow

I will be buying Lucas Oil TV tonight... mr Braun's track record speaks loudly that he can not be trusted... Plus Lucas will have professional camera views not Cameras stationed entering turn 3 and zip tied to the flag stand...

Just waiting on Barry to rebrand himself again... What will the next name be?

old fan
02-13-2016, 01:40 PM
and yes sir its on lucasoil racing tv

mccreadiefan39
02-13-2016, 01:47 PM
I will be buying Lucas Oil TV tonight... mr Braun's track record speaks loudly that he can not be trusted... Plus Lucas will have professional camera views not Cameras stationed entering turn 3 and zip tied to the flag stand...

Just waiting on Barry to rebrand himself again... What will the next name be?

Lucas Oil had TV quality HD last week from Golden Isles and for a great price

zach51
02-13-2016, 01:48 PM
Just got an e-mail from Dirt Nation saying they will be showing the race tonight.

EDIT: Now that I went back and read the thread futher....sorry for an extra post.

plunks7
02-13-2016, 02:08 PM
I got no reply back from Lucas Oil TV about tonight.

plunks7
02-13-2016, 02:30 PM
Lucas Oil TV must not be showing tonights event either. Will not reply back. I have tried 3 times.

kidrock
02-13-2016, 02:43 PM
Man I sure hope they are broadcasting tonight. I just think dirt nation is just more then I want to pay. If Lucas doesn't broadcast tonight I guess I will se on dirt on dirt tomorrow morning.

plunks7
02-13-2016, 02:52 PM
Man I sure hope they are broadcasting tonight. I just think dirt nation is just more then I want to pay. If Lucas doesn't broadcast tonight I guess I will se on dirt on dirt tomorrow morning.

Me too. I am done with DN!!!!!

kidrock
02-13-2016, 02:59 PM
Me too. I am done with DN!!!!!

Yeah it's just more money then what I want to spend.

Gustin
02-13-2016, 02:59 PM
I have personally dealt with Barry brown and xsan in 2010 even as far as having their logo on my race car he blatantly lied to me told me things that never came true and took advantage of the racers to get exposure for his product at the cost of the racers.Lucas Oil TV is the way to go Lucas Oil has done more for motorsports and third track racing then xsan will ever do

xcelerated1
02-13-2016, 03:08 PM
We are in no way trying to be deceptive or work up the fans.

For an example of a similar situation which can help everyone better understand this scenario, during the 70s, 80s, and 90s many of the television contracts for NASCAR were negotiated between the tracks and networks. Toward the end of the 90s, NASCAR worked with all parties and negotiated deals to combine the television rights and put them under the NASCAR umbrella.

At the end of the day, this is simply a matter of property rights - it's purely who contractually owns the right to stream video for a specific event. Back in the day, NASCAR didn't own the rights to broadcast on television, because the rights to televise weren't specified in their contracts with the tracks (or the rights were specified as owned by the tracks). The tracks worked deals with ESPN, TBS, CBS, ABC, NBC, and TBS.

Thanks,

Chris Graner
RACEFEEDX.com
riivet.com

MEE
02-13-2016, 03:12 PM
Could Lucas cancel tonight if they get pi$$ed over this deal ??

KAOS
02-13-2016, 03:14 PM
Any Driver entering and competing in a Lucas Oil Dirt Late Model Series event acknowledges andaccepts the following: Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series and its assigns may use the Driver’snames, pictures, likeness, and performances in any way, medium, or material. Including withoutlimitations by and through, television, radio air(not a nice word)wave: cable and satellite broadcasts, film4productions, videotape reproductions, audio(not a nice word)tape reproductions, transmissions over the Internetand public and private on(not a nice word)line service authorized by Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series and the like,before, during and after the event for promoting, advertising, recording or reporting in the eventor any other Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series sanctioned event, and do hereby relinquish all rightsthere to for these purposes, provided however that the car owner and driver shall retain theexclusive use of its or his name; picture and likeness in connection with product endorsementsand the sale of products, services, concessions and merchandise.

KAOS
02-13-2016, 03:16 PM
If this is in the drivers rule book I expect there is something in the promoters as well

xcelerated1
02-13-2016, 03:30 PM
KAOS,

What your stating is true. but you're assuming their contract supercedes our contract, which isn't the case.

Our contract superceded all other contracts (by date). If you are truly curious about the legal term for this situation, it is "tortious interference."

I want to repeat, we're not trying to be "smart asses" or "weaselly." Barry and I started this business in 2010. We've had our ups and downs, like any small business. We've learned from our successes, and even more so from our failures.

Barry said it well:

"However you choose to watch (PPV, On Demand, Social Media) with whatever provider I thank all of you for being involved and helping this sport thrive with digital media. We broadcast racing because we love it."

Chris Graner
riivet.com
RACEFEEDX.com

MEE
02-13-2016, 04:01 PM
Could we have both of'em show the race tonight ?

plunks7
02-13-2016, 04:07 PM
KAOS,

What your stating is true. but you're assuming their contract supercedes our contract, which isn't the case.

Our contract superceded all other contracts (by date). If you are truly curious about the legal term for this situation, it is "tortious interference."

I want to repeat, we're not trying to be "smart asses" or "weaselly." Barry and I started this business in 2010. We've had our ups and downs, like any small business. We've learned from our successes, and even more so from our failures.

Barry said it well:

"However you choose to watch (PPV, On Demand, Social Media) with whatever provider I thank all of you for being involved and helping this sport thrive with digital media. We broadcast racing because we love it."

Chris Graner
riivet.com
RACEFEEDX.com

You will be loosing a lot of race fans!!! Take that to the Bank and save it.

plunks7
02-13-2016, 04:09 PM
Just received a reply from Lucas Oil TV. They said it will be on.

xcelerated1
02-13-2016, 04:32 PM
plunks7,

In all honesty, what do you believe we did that was wrong?

Chris Graner
RACEFEEDX.com
riivet.com

KAOS
02-13-2016, 04:34 PM
What your stating is true. but you're assuming their contract supercedes our contract, which isn't the case. Wouldn't the contract of note being the one East Bay signed to bring LOLMDS there. Wouldn't this give Lucas the rights to broadcast and also you the rights to broadcast as well because of the earlier contract you signed. What ever the case good luck tonight

plunks7
02-13-2016, 04:44 PM
Lets start with the price: ridiculous. Then the deal with Gustin. That's the start of so many name changes. Bills track record has a lot to do with it. Camera's are not the best.

SnakeX3
02-13-2016, 04:58 PM
Well, the Lucas feed is live right now, so they're in.

xcelerated1
02-13-2016, 05:02 PM
KAOS,

Without getting into the details, this all comes down to the concept of "tortious interference."

Imagine that you were a little ice cream vendor at the state fair with a 10 year contract to be the exclusive ice cream seller.

Then one year the Turkey Leg vendor (which brings in a ton of cash for the fair), decides to start an ice cream business. If the Turkey Leg vendor "muscles" the state fair to sign their contract, which included selling ice cream, all while having full knowledge of the fair's exclusive contract with the "little ice cream vendor," that is "tortious interference."

Chris Graner
RACEFEEDX.com
riivet.com

TDRacin®
02-13-2016, 06:02 PM
The part that is wrong is DN stating and advertising themselves as the "Exclusive provider of live coverage at East Bay". This is false and utter BS like I stated earlier this week. The fact that those statements remain on your Facebook page means you don't care. I also told you guys then that Lucas Oil would be providing coverage and now here it is at 7pm Saturday and guess what? Yeah...

JCSullivan00
02-13-2016, 06:53 PM
I'm watching on Lucas Oil TV. Very impressed.
Dirt Nation is clueless. They've been posting pictures of cars with the wrong drivers captioned all week, the announcing is TERRIBLE, and then I've never heard anyone say a SINGLE good word about Barry Braun.

Spanky44
02-14-2016, 10:34 AM
If you guys down load the periscope app on your phones, fans, teams,ect have been shooting the race live for free. Jimmy ownes crew guy was filming it live when he was on the track along with overtons and many others...It's no broadcast quality but at least you can watch the races for free from a fans point of view in the stands. I will never deal with dirt nation after last years est bay speedweeks price of $130 or what ever it was I paid. Dirt on dirt is the way to go for $85.00 I get 6 nights of race coverage from every lap at the track.!

Links
02-15-2016, 11:32 AM
Whine...bitch...cry. Is this what the "real race fan" looks like in 2016?

BigNilla
02-15-2016, 03:28 PM
If it wasn't for Dave Seay I wouldn't even pay DirtNation any mind. I really do like his interviews. They charge ABOVE AND BEYOND TOO MUCH. Priced themselves out of the market for me and I would say quite a few others.

W2Racing09
02-15-2016, 08:39 PM
KAOS,

Without getting into the details, this all comes down to the concept of "tortious interference."

Imagine that you were a little ice cream vendor at the state fair with a 10 year contract to be the exclusive ice cream seller.

Then one year the Turkey Leg vendor (which brings in a ton of cash for the fair), decides to start an ice cream business. If the Turkey Leg vendor "muscles" the state fair to sign their contract, which included selling ice cream, all while having full knowledge of the fair's exclusive contract with the "little ice cream vendor," that is "tortious interference."

Chris Graner
RACEFEEDX.com
riivet.com

I just want to add some constructive criticism here -- as I sit and watch the DoD PPV from Volusia. Six nights, $84.

The biggest thing PPV providers need to understand is as follows.

Watching on TV =/= Being there live.

When I watch a NASCAR race, I don't have to pay the ticket price to watch on TV. When I watch the Bruins and Rangers on TV I don't have to pay the ticket price. Any other sport understands that it benefits the sport in general to make the races more accessible to more people. Most of us trying to watch the PPV were not sitting up the street from the track at Panera deciding to watch your PPV over buying a ticket at the track. We are die hard fans sitting at home in the cold wanting to see some racing. We don't get to experience the atmosphere, we can't watch the driver we want all the time, we can't walk through the pit area, etc. We do not get the benefits that being there live provide, so why do we have to pay the same price... especially when that price is inflated artificially in order to not undercut the ticket price. If someone decides to sit home and watch it when they are within a few miles of the track then they probably wouldn't have been there anyway.

I would be buying these winter PPVs left and right, you definitely would have had my business all week had your price been more like the DoD price, and I'm sure many... MANY more.

But honestly the biggest issue isn't the fact that I felt the price was too high personally, my issue is that this is a huge opportunity to market the sport to many people. We have live broadcasts of dirt racing, there are fans out there who would buy this casually just for something to watch if it were priced reasonably. This type of stuff could be huge for the sport, but instead you are asking for almost an entire weeks pay for someone who works at minimum wage or close to it. My wife and I make six figures and I couldn't justify the price -- I certainly have the money to buy it, but I just didn't think it was worth it. That is a big problem because I eat, sleep and breathe dirt racing. If I don't think being able to watch it live half way across the country is worth it then your price must be very high. I can't imagine someone making significantly less, when I was in college $200 was my disposable income for an entire month. Think of all of the people alienated because of the price, huge race fans that would love to watch but simply cannot afford it, as in its not a conscious decision not to buy it... but its just not an option. Those are the type of people who could be the backbone for your broadcasts, but instead they sit on 4m and refresh the page to get results, or go to Periscope or wherever else.

You could make a LOT of money doing this, you have a product I want -- a product many people want. I would like to see you succeed. I listen to Dave Seay all the time, and I've got XSAN, and whatever other name the company has been broadcasts before. Be realistic with the prices, understand that we are at a DISADVANTAGE watching from home, not equal to those there. We want to be there, all of us. Just like the people watching NASCAR, NHL, NFL, etc. Those sports are big, and sell out events when they are in town because people can follow along at home for a reasonable price.

In closing, I would of paid $99 for the week, maybe even $119 (maybe) and I think many others would have too. I would bet that the total amount of people who got your ppv was a FRACTION of what it would have been at those prices. Not to mention the more viewers you get the more advertising you can get.

Next I think working with Lucas Oil TV rather than against them would be helpful. Think of all the sponsorship doors they can open for you. They have a bunch of companies advertising with them for their LOLMDS races... Don't make that kind of enemy. They have their hand in a lot of racing in our region and in yours as well with the MLRA, etc.

Lastly... please just make Dave Seay one of the announcers for the broadcast. That would be EXCELLENT and would add a lot to your broadcast with all of his knowledge of each and every driver out there.

Thanks,
Jeff.

TMaCiLLiNi39
02-16-2016, 01:36 AM
Dirt Nation and DirtNation.tv are not the same...

TBSprintFan
02-16-2016, 03:31 AM
I like the fact that if you cannot watch it live and do not know the results you can watch it the next day. It is also nice being able to watch races from other years too, DirtVision is showing a lot of the WoO Sprints from previous years for free also now. Good way to bring in sponsors for the series and teams.

huskerdirt
02-16-2016, 04:02 AM
Dirt Nation and DirtNation.tv are not the same...

Dirt Nation Tv does PPVs. And Dirt Nation does podcasts.

Other than that it's the same company/brand with the same people behind it as RacefeedX and IMCA.TV