PDA

View Full Version : Chassis books?

rosco
02-10-2016, 05:31 PM
Chassis books?

I need a beginners chassis book. I have Steve smiths dirt late model chassis book but I need something that explains the basics before I can truly understand it. When they talk about things such as caster split in this book they assume that the reader has previous experience with caster split.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,

TheJet-09
02-10-2016, 06:11 PM
Sort of a follow-up to the book you mention, the Joe Garrison book is good for entry level/beginners (Steve Smith book #S234), but a copyright date of 1996, so a little behind the times. Advanced Race Car Suspension Development (Steve Smith book #S105) good as well, not overly complicated. Tune to Win (Carroll Smith) is also good, but more advanced.

FlatTire
02-10-2016, 11:48 PM
Those suggested are all good ones. There is quite a bit out there on the internet.

chop6259
02-11-2016, 08:46 AM
There are a lot of good books out there. Do a simple Amazon search under race car engineering, and you will find just about everything you need. Just be very careful. Most of the books you will find revolve around pavement racing, not dirt. Lots of concepts carry over, but you have to always consider the different applications.