PDA

View Full Version : Why does Tim Dohm's car look different?

Throttlejockey
02-11-2016, 10:38 PM
If I remember correctly, Jackie Boggs, flipped a few years ago. I know it was pretty bad in a Swartz (which is what Tim Dohm's is running) and I was curious if Tim's car looks so different because of extra cage room???

tb1545
02-12-2016, 12:03 AM
Other than he's about the only one that has closed up sail panels at eastbay.
Seems swartz also has a bit more angle in their cages so the roof rake is a bit more than most. And swartz bodies always seem to be different length than the average late model body, not sure if it's different wheelbase, driver is positioned different, or just an optical illusion.

zeroracing
02-12-2016, 03:29 AM
That's how all the Swartz cars are, theymeasure the same rear deck height, same center of hub to back of deck and same overall length. The difference is in the roof area. Audie is big on a large driver being able to climb out the right side of a car in an accident. Also lots of head room in case you need it.

zyoung25
02-12-2016, 08:51 AM
It always easy to point a Swartz car out of the bunch for that reason. I think it is more of an illusion than anything, but they do look short. I'm not 100% sure, I think when Boggs does what he does to those cars he leaves the center section alone. Swartz cars are probably one of the safest built cars out there.

pink floyd
02-12-2016, 09:36 AM
more area to exit the car.

SnakeX3
02-12-2016, 10:02 AM
More area to jump back into the car when you feel like you got cheated out of a win and want to quickly leave the front stretch before you hit someone. ;)

Barbecueboy
02-12-2016, 12:44 PM
More area to jump back into the car when you feel like you got cheated out of a win and want to quickly leave the front stretch before you hit someone. ;)

You were at county line too, huh?

We spent a good amount of time with those guys at the race for the kids.....I had always heard some squirrelly stuff about Jackie over the years,but they couldn't have been any nicer and more friendly and I found that all of that chatter to be completely false.

I would love to see him race a lot more.......guy can wheel the hell out of it.

SnakeX3
02-12-2016, 04:16 PM
You were at county line too, huh?

We spent a good amount of time with those guys at the race for the kids.....I had always heard some squirrelly stuff about Jackie over the years,but they couldn't have been any nicer and more friendly and I found that all of that chatter to be completely false.

I would love to see him race a lot more.......guy can wheel the hell out of it.

Oh yeah, bro'. I was there. It was awesome. I'm a Casey fan and a Rambo fan and after that night I left a Jackie Boggs fan too.

I was sitting in the main grandstand closest to turn 4. I just happened to be looking right at the 99 when he pulled onto the track, so I saw the whole thing. I felt bad for Boggs and understand why he ticked off. At the same time the way the thing happened I can't fault the track or series officials either. If you weren't looking right at it as it happened, you would have missed it.

71PRPFan
02-13-2016, 12:23 AM
http://38zv0mcsayc1a2y1s2xqo2aj.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/web1_Jackie-Boggs-4B-passes-Devin-Moran-99-for-the-lead.jpg

heres a pretty good comparison from last years FDM.

71PRPFan
02-13-2016, 12:24 AM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/0f/d8/44/0fd84474fe6e0a7d0f88596ad3a5ce7f.jpg

Tim Dohm