PDA

View Full Version : Requesting info on watching Lucas Oul Tv app

Sling Some Dirt
02-12-2016, 11:40 AM
I am wanting to watch the Lucas races this weekend using their Lucas Oil Tv app. My home wi-fi does not stream as well as my cellular 4g. So I am wanting to use my cellular 4g data. I just purchased the Chromecast piece in order to use my cellular connection. Do I have to use one of my handsets as a hotspot, then use another device to cast the race? Or, will I be able to cast the race by just using my phone to conect to the app? I haven't used the Chromecast enough to know exactly the best way the watch the races. Thanks in advance.

MotoMatt
02-12-2016, 01:39 PM
You're basically not set up right, you should have bought a Roku to do this. Chromecast isn't supported by the App itself and you can't use Chromecast on your phone the way you can on a pc. Here's what I would do:

return the chromecast for a Roku stick if you can, the Roku can likely use your in house WiFi to stream just fine.

If you can't return it do this.

Set your phone to be a WiFi hotspot
On your PC shut off your current internet source, just disconnect from the pc, don't shut it off.
Hook your pc to your phone WiFi
using Chrome browser log in to Lucas tv, select the chromecast button at the top of the browser and watch on your tv.

You will use up a bit of data streaming an entire program in HD. You will really want to try and do all this with your chromecast on your house WiFi if you haven't already. One trick to speed it all up a bit would be to temporarily run an ethernet cord from your router to your pc, that will take the WiFi lag out of it and may be enough to make the chromecast work good.

Good luck.

Sling Some Dirt
02-12-2016, 06:21 PM
Awesome Moto, thanks for the detailed info. Do you know how much data an average Lucas race would use up?