PDA

View Full Version : Race pumps question help

SRXtripman
02-13-2016, 11:03 AM
I am setting up a sbc 355 with a race pumps setup , i see there out of busines.

Heres my question if i run there piston pump on gas do i need to run there regulator ?

if i do need a regulator is there another brand i could use since there no longer around ? what style should i use ?

dw driver
02-13-2016, 01:23 PM
I hadn't heard that Stewart Race Pumps were no longer in business. I think that the MagnaFuel regulators that you can buy at Summit Racing will work with that pump. I've ran the Race Pump with his regulator for 3 years and never had any issues. Although, this may be an exception to the rule.

SRXtripman
02-13-2016, 05:54 PM
I was going to order a regulator for my gas setup and the site says nolonger being made , parts only.

js11
02-13-2016, 09:37 PM
When I ran one, I ran the recommended racepump brand regulator (I believe it was a bypass regulator, and I ran alky) which I ran in front of the fuel log between the the pump and carb...as recommended. The one they sold with that pump had a barbed fitting for a vacuum line to the base of the carb (this was with a 750 demon), but the manufacturer recommended that I block it off when I spoke to them. If you are going to run another brand, I would imagine a diaphram bypass regulator would work, set at 7-9 lbs.

jamminjayman5
02-14-2016, 04:42 AM
I tried running one with 2 different types of regulators that I had already on alky. Don't waste your time on anything but their regulator, as for the pumps are so eratic a normal regulator won't react fast enough and pressure will be all over the place.

SRXtripman
02-14-2016, 05:45 PM
Unfortunately I can't find one of their regulator's because there closed for business , I'm looking around to see if I can find someone with one they would part with , since I'm running gas I don't need the isle blead so I might have to try a normal one from another manufacturer.

rakracing
02-14-2016, 07:21 PM
pm , me if you want one have the complete set up, pump, reg, and some parts. ran them for years use a injection pump off the dry sump now.

Bmod141
02-29-2016, 02:16 PM
A basic holley deadhead regulator works just fine.

Y90
02-29-2016, 08:30 PM
A basic holley deadhead regulator works just fine.Willys has purchased the Racepump line from Howard Stewart and will be selling and servicing them

dw driver
03-02-2016, 09:44 AM
I read plenty of bad things about the Race Pump when looking for pumps. After talking to Howard Stewart, I bought the pump along with his regulator. Installed them on a 650 hp. 415 small block Chevy. After a little initial pressure adjustment, the pump and regulator together have worked perfectly for 3 years on alky. Just started my motor last nite for the first time this year, and it worked flawlessly. Maybe I'm just lucky but I would recommend this pump. And by the way, I've used KSE, Ron's, etc. and this pump has worked out, for me, as well as any pump I've used. jmo.

UltimateRaceCars
03-02-2016, 02:12 PM
http://www.racepumps.com/faq.html