PDA

View Full Version : Dirt on dirt live coverage at volusia ump races

lazermod3
02-16-2016, 09:33 PM
Excellent coverage,Second to none,put's the Lucas coverage of their racing program to SHAME.

W2Racing09
02-16-2016, 09:41 PM
Excellent coverage,Second to none,put's the Lucas coverage of their racing program to SHAME.

I wholeheartedly disagree.

Both have been great, but to say Lucas Oil TV is anything but great is just not right in my opinion. The broadcast from Golden Isles, East Bay and Ocala were all great and very professional -- just as DoD is.

I think DoD/DirtVision and Lucas Oil TV will be the premier Dirt racing broadcasters for years to come.

Thanks,
Jeff.

plunks7
02-16-2016, 10:43 PM

I disagree. Lucas seemed to have more cameras. They also didn't focus so much on the leader. I would like to see DOD step back with there cameras, as in put them high enough to see the whole track.

W2Racing09
02-17-2016, 09:07 AM
I disagree. Lucas seemed to have more cameras. They also didn't focus so much on the leader. I would like to see DOD step back with there cameras, as in put them high enough to see the whole track.

That is one thing I hadn't thought of that would be awesome. One camera high and a little ways back that could follow the cars around the entire track (just like if you were, it would definitely be good for restarts... and every once in awhile so those of us at home can see how far the cars are spread out).

Thanks,
Jeff.

fryefan
02-17-2016, 10:14 PM

I think they compliment each other. With that being said, I agree with the things you posted above.

25rjr
02-17-2016, 10:30 PM
I have watched every Speedweeks race live on the net or in person. What I didn't like about Lucas was that they didn't show hot laps or qualifying. I ended up using Dirtnation at eastbay. Their coverage was good but there announcers were late model newbies.

MEE
02-18-2016, 04:28 PM
Myself I'm just glad we have both of'em.Both beat that other bunch all to ::ll

kidrock
02-18-2016, 04:35 PM
Lucas had a camera set in turn 3 I believe it was in the infield that showed the cars entering the turn and showed the speed of the cars entering the turns.

I haven't bought the ppv from dirt on dirt yet this year but, I like what they do as well. I don't like any one better than the other.