PDA

View Full Version : Vinyl wrap over or under pop rivets

RacerX10
02-18-2016, 04:33 PM
Do you guys put your vinyl wrap on top of the door mounting rivets, or drill thru the wrap so the rivet head is on TOP of the wrap ?

cjsracing
02-18-2016, 04:50 PM
If I used rivets I would put the wrap over it. But I use all bolts on my doors so I can take them off everyweek to wash without drilling out rivets.

TheJet-09
02-18-2016, 05:00 PM
I've seen it done well both ways, but I rivet over top of the wrap. More time consuming with having to "wait" to install all the rivets, but I also take into consideration that I'll most likely have to remove a panel or two at some point during the season and the rivets being on top allow me to do that without screwing up the wrap too awfully bad.

grt74
02-18-2016, 06:51 PM
the wraps we get are out of air release material,so going over the rivets is no problem,if you have standard material you can still do it but you have to take your time(I'm spoiled,my friend owns a sign business,so i get the easy stuff)

parocket
02-22-2016, 10:01 AM
GRT74 is spot on the better wrap material is so much easier to install. However we put rivets in after the wrap, but use much more body bolts now than before.