PDA

View Full Version : Big dawg?????

hotrod&ready
02-20-2016, 07:24 AM
What's up with the others guys such as O'Neal, Lanigan, Francis,Owens?
I mean you see that they run from mid pack on? I like dirt racing but not if
The same guys are winning every night. Not bashing anyone but wondering
what the deal is with these other guys? Also haven't seen much on Carrier Jr.
I like good all around competition not just one of two of these guys win all
the time. Again not bashing just curious?

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-20-2016, 07:41 AM
What's up with the others guys such as O'Neal, Lanigan, Francis,Owens?
I mean you see that they run from mid pack on? I like dirt racing but not if
The same guys are winning every night. Not bashing anyone but wondering
what the deal is with these other guys? Also haven't seen much on Carrier Jr.
I like good all around competition not just one of two of these guys win all
the time. Again not bashing just curious?
The guys were catching up last year under the old rules.

Now we have new rules. Either working together or separately, a few teams came up with new ways to get some of the same things out of the car.

I believe by outlawing simple, mechanical innovation, well funded teams are forced to now work on areas that cannot be seen. Like inside shocks and other places. That takes a lot more fancy data analysis and testing. Only some folks have that.

But drastic rule changes always reward those that adapt the quickest.

old fan
02-20-2016, 08:02 AM
its fla and its early

BTExpress
02-20-2016, 08:06 AM
Agree, looking at the results over the last several weeks, a lot of top notch drivers have struggled. Let's let the season play out for a few months before we jump to conclusions...... things have a way of working out

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-20-2016, 08:08 AM
its fla and its early

And Georgia

RoundNrOUND
02-20-2016, 08:56 AM
Very true it is hard to judge off of speedweeks, its a beast in it's own that usually tells nothing of what the season will be like. However, there are guys like Lanigan for example that usually run very well down there and haven't. He also can't use the excuse of having to switch chassis either because he builds the darn things, well Stuckey does but he plays a part. The other guys mentioned with the exception of Carrier all changed chassis for this year so it's going to be extra hard to adjust.

To be honest the guy that I see that should be worried the most is Earl Pearson. The guy rode the "it's tough here at Longhorn because I'm the only one in them" for a long time, now he's on his second season in that Black Diamond and still having nothing to show for it. You know he's getting top notch support because Stuckey was his darn crew chief and had great success together. Being in the pits myself and hearing what is said, we kind of all think he was hit the hardest from all the tire policing that is taking place now that wasn't before. He may have had the biggest benefit from tire prep than anyone, including Chris Madden and that's saying a lot.

old fan
02-20-2016, 09:19 AM
horns up Earl

25rjr
02-20-2016, 09:33 AM
horns up Earl

For what, to run second! I told him to go back home, where it all started for him....R.O.C.K.E.T!!!

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-20-2016, 09:34 AM
Very true it is hard to judge off of speedweeks, its a beast in it's own that usually tells nothing of what the season will be like. However, there are guys like Lanigan for example that usually run very well down there and haven't. He also can't use the excuse of having to switch chassis either because he builds the darn things, well Stuckey does but he plays a part. The other guys mentioned with the exception of Carrier all changed chassis for this year so it's going to be extra hard to adjust.

To be honest the guy that I see that should be worried the most is Earl Pearson. The guy rode the "it's tough here at Longhorn because I'm the only one in them" for a long time, now he's on his second season in that Black Diamond and still having nothing to show for it. You know he's getting top notch support because Stuckey was his darn crew chief and had great success together. Being in the pits myself and hearing what is said, we kind of all think he was hit the hardest from all the tire policing that is taking place now that wasn't before. He may have had the biggest benefit from tire prep than anyone, including Chris Madden and that's saying a lot.
I agree Pearson should be worried. He did look good early last year.

But the Longhorns he drove were heaps and his current car is behind now. Some tough luck there.

old fan
02-20-2016, 11:23 AM
Has a Black Diamond or Club 29 done anything lately

kidrock
02-20-2016, 11:34 AM
You have to remember some have changed teams, chassis, new rules, it's just going to take them some time to catch back up and some probably won't run that good all year because the chassis may not fit their style not that they wont get better as the year goes on.