PDA

View Full Version : Vermilion County RIP.

Umpdirt1
02-20-2016, 08:37 AM
Looks like another track has bit the dust. It's a shame vcs has been around for years. Another money grubbing Fairboard that doesn't give a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) about the track just the f n money they can weasel outta whoever runs it. If a hall of fame driver can't make a go of it as track promoter then something is wrong. Fans have for years complained about this board, they get so many different answers, oh the state owns the land,oh a farmer across the road owns the pits,oh we can't get a promoter. They make it f n impossible .

HoosierDirtFan
02-20-2016, 10:34 AM
Since you've decided to start a few threads that no good will come (including the one that starts out bashing tracks) from why don't you take your money a go promote one. You should be lucky to just be able to go watch or race. There are a lot of other folks a lot worse off in this world. I've learned to not bash tracks and just try to help anyway I can by getting the word out about their racing events.
When will folks just learn to be appreciative of what they have and have access to (clean water, doctors, medical care, decent food, ect..) that's others don't.

P.S. Shadyhill is NOT as bad as it used to be. They just need some clay. It's all about how you prep the track each week.

Have a good day a see ya at the races.

Cardirt0
02-20-2016, 11:03 AM
Once a A$$ allwas a A$$

Umpdirt1
02-20-2016, 12:26 PM
Oh Hoosier dirt fan what makes u a f n expert on everything. I've followed you babbling self on here for long enough. If all listen to you ur an expert on cars tires track set ups track prep u name it u have all the answer. IMO u no jack

Barbecueboy
02-20-2016, 12:39 PM
Enjoy your short visit......

cdustyr1
02-20-2016, 12:46 PM
Looks like another track has bit the dust. It's a shame vcs has been around for years. Another money grubbing Fairboard that doesn't give a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) about the track just the f n money they can weasel outta whoever runs it. If a hall of fame driver can't make a go of it as track promoter then something is wrong. Fans have for years complained about this board, they get so many different answers, oh the state owns the land,oh a farmer across the road owns the pits,oh we can't get a promoter. They make it f n impossible .

The drivers meeting for the VCS 2016 racing season will be next sat the 27th at 11am at the Little Nugget in Oakwood. We will be going over the rules etc. Please share. Thanks

Just dont want other drivers thinking something has changed. Track is still open under last years promoter.

HoosierDirtFan
02-20-2016, 01:03 PM
oh hoosier dirt fan what makes u a f n expert on everything. I've followed you babbling self on here for long enough. If all listen to you ur an expert on cars tires track set ups track prep u name it u have all the answer. Imo u no jack

Never claimed to know a lot.
But your mouth will hurt this sport weather you know it or not.
Like i said i've learned my lesson. I won't comment on certain topics anymore.
But i like the sport and will try to refrain from anything that could hurt it.
All tracks could use good publicity.
No track / promoter is perfect and will make some mistakes long the way but at least they try to keep the facility open.
Instead of bashing or comdemming the promoters / tracks why don't you do something to support it.

You notice me post track schedues left & right and posting event information. That is what i'm trying to do to help out each track.
Getting the word out their schedule is posted, an event is happeing at that track.

After seeing how social media and word of mouth can hurt a track i have decided to just not bad mouth a track anymore.
If you want to condem me for my thoughts go right a head.
You won't see me bash tracks like i use too.

My comments when't just directed at you either.
They where directed an me and anyone else who has possibly said soemthing that might hurt a track.

As far as the indy indoors show and any other indoor show.
Yes it many not be the best racing but at least they tried to put a race on in a place others would have thought about trying.
Hope to see the gateway show be a big success.
I hope to be at the gateway show, but if i can't i will certainly be watching it on ppv if there is anyone broadcasting it.

P.s. Thanks to the folks who are tring to put on the gateway dirt nationals show in st. Louis at the edward jones dome.
Hope it is a great success and see other events like it down the road.

Thanks to any track who puts on a racing event in 2016 and those who have tried in the past.[/b]

golddirt
02-20-2016, 04:43 PM
For the most part the negative remarks against tracks are valid and the promoters should take a listen. Some people should not attempt to be promoters including myself. $$$. Granted there are people who will complain because they get dirt in their beer but it's easy to weed those remarks out