PDA

View Full Version : To all Promoters and Fans.

latemodelman
02-20-2016, 12:06 PM
I want to say to all dirt track Promoters and Fans what this sport needs is togetherness from all tracks in rules and race dates. Also fans if you have a problem about something talk to the promoter in person but don't be a butt. Same for promoters if a fan talks to you face to face try not to be rude. We all need each other. I have 3 asphalt tracks within 1 hour and I live close to Eldora and Waynesfield in Dayton, Ohio. 2 asphalt tracks have closed and the other has ran itself down by not accepting criticism from fans. This is sad. On a side note what happened in the meeting between both late model series and roger slack?

HoosierDirtFan
02-20-2016, 12:22 PM
I want to say to all dirt track Promoters and Fans what this sport needs is togetherness from all tracks in rules and race dates. Also fans if you have a problem about something talk to the promoter in person but don't be a butt. Same for promoters if a fan talks to you face to face try not to be rude. We all need each other. I have 3 asphalt tracks within 1 hour and I live close to Eldora and Waynesfield in Dayton, Ohio. 2 asphalt tracks have closed and the other has ran itself down by not accepting criticism from fans. This is sad. On a side note what happened in the meeting between both late model series and roger slack?

Good post.....

latemodelman
02-20-2016, 12:53 PM
Thanks. I tried to help one asphalt track out and so did another lady and I was told that I had no money and was a bum and yet I bought a home and had a baby and all and am not in debt was able to pay cash on everything at 31 years old and this man could not pay his taxes and is 20,000 behind. He told fans and drivers if you don't like it go somewhere else. Then he complained that drivers went other places. He paid 2 times what other tracks paid and got less cars and fans. pretty sad. He had free promoting and free website and all.

3 wide
02-20-2016, 06:48 PM
Well good idea I havent found a promoter that would talk to me I been going to races for 50 years and it is just getting worse and worse I just sit in the grandstands and watch tracks lose money for instance the track I go to does not have a popcorn popper I figure they are losing about 500 a night You would not beleve the race tracks that have gone out of business were I live you know why they won't to race till 2 or 3 o'clock in the morning every one of them.

HoosierDirtFan
02-20-2016, 07:04 PM
Well good idea I havent found a promoter that would talk to me I been going to races for 50 years and it is just getting worse and worse I just sit in the grandstands and watch tracks lose money for instance the track I go to does not have a popcorn popper I figure they are losing about 500 a night You would not beleve the race tracks that have gone out of business were I live you know why they won't to race till 2 or 3 o'clock in the morning every one of them.

Just curious what tracks are near you (area)?

MEE
02-21-2016, 10:08 PM
3 wide

you must live in east ky. !!!

3 wide
02-26-2016, 09:22 PM
No I live in middle Tennessee in the south it is just amazing I wish I lived close to a real race track we have just about run out of a place to go I've got to drive 3 hrs to get to a good race track.

over4T
02-26-2016, 09:41 PM
latemodelman, Is KilKare in Xenia still running? Seems I heard a couple of years ago they might close...can't remember the details. Enjoyed a lot of good racing there in the '60s when the old Ohio Racing Association had a nice 3 night circuit with KilKare on Friday, Zanesville on Saturday and Columbus on Sunday. That's when asphalt racing was still very good and that circuit had some great teams running.