PDA

View Full Version : tubes in beadlocks?

camarofever
02-22-2016, 12:52 AM
Have tried to run tubes in beadlocks several times and each time they pop. Is there a trick here? Been using tubes in my non beadlocks with great results. I like the extra protection they give you, especially when people get into you.

95shaw
02-22-2016, 04:10 PM
old school always used natural rubber tubes. Kinda like hens teeth anymore. if you find them they have thicker rubber. I think with beadlock tubes are getting pinched by sidewall of tire against inner beadlock ring.

RW57
02-22-2016, 05:04 PM
We did it but have to drill a new hole for valve stem . The way I found out what was happening was I took a tube put it on wheel with out tire and aired it up depending on wheel offset the tube would pull on valve stem do one and you will see what I am talking about of course we were using steel wheels and. I would just weld up old valve stem hole with aluminum wheels you could still do it one thing you could also do if it did not rube is leave valve stem in redrill for tube and have a way to control side wall flex say 4 pounds in tube 8 in tire I did not try it but I think it would be worth messing with

camarofever
02-22-2016, 11:38 PM
Hmm, i was thinking about trying a bigger tube, or possibly trying a tube with the TR6 style valve stem. Would a bigger or smaller tube be better in this situation?