PDA

View Full Version : Late models indoor in St. Louis

Hoosier
02-22-2016, 06:42 PM
I remember the last BIG LM indoor show at Pontiac Silverdome. The promoter ran off with the money. I guess it was BIG only in advertising and talk.

zach51
02-23-2016, 08:22 AM
I wonder how long this thread will last.

But yeah Danny Lasoski supposedly didn't pay out that year they ran Kemper in Kansas City, but I don't think there was any money to run off with.

Umpdirt1
02-23-2016, 09:31 AM
Until 4m pulls it for posting anything negative about it. They already pulled numerous negative post. Makes you wonder.

maddenfan
02-23-2016, 07:20 PM
Is this the same guy that put on the carolina crown at Lancaster speedway in south Carolina

JinxNC
02-24-2016, 10:39 AM
Is this the same guy that put on the carolina crown at Lancaster speedway in south Carolina
Yep.... Still owes at least 11k.... That I KNOW of.

a25rjr
02-24-2016, 10:46 AM
Yep.... Still owes at least 11k.... That I KNOW of.

That dude looks awful young! Where does he get his money to put on these events?

MI Dirt Fan
02-24-2016, 02:32 PM
The guy who ran the indoor races a few years back in Grand Rapids MI on the track that they put coke syrup down on took off with the money. One guy we know was out about 8 grand in winnings if I remember right

fryefan
02-24-2016, 11:52 PM
I wonder how long this thread will last.

But yeah Danny Lasoski supposedly didn't pay out that year they ran Kemper in Kansas City, but I don't think there was any money to run off with.

Danny Lasoski was not involved in the financial end of that deal. The promoter used his name to help draw a crowd.

WisWildManFan
02-25-2016, 08:57 AM
What are we thinking for attendance? I think they said it holds 67,000. What does the world 100 get 15-20k? I'd think if the place is 1/5 full it would be surprising.

TackyTracker
02-25-2016, 09:16 AM
If this is true why would any of us pay our money to go???

CIRF
02-25-2016, 09:32 AM
We've been burned twice now on indoor shows that were horrible. The last one we were burned with was at Indy late last year and obviously a fiasco of Biblical proportions.

We will take no interest in this latest manifestation of indoor racing. Indoor racing has it's place and shows like Ft. Wayne, Du Quoin and The Chili Bowl are wildly successful and prove it can be done and provide top notch racing in the process. But for every Du Quoin and Chili Bowl there is a Silver Dome, Kemper Arena and Indy.

If it works in 2016 we'll be there in 2017.

Umpdirt1
02-25-2016, 11:52 AM
I'll envision it as a I told u so moment when it's all done and they r all bitchin about it on 4m.

ChrisNunn
02-25-2016, 01:07 PM
If youre not there in 2016, there WONT be a 2017

Umpdirt1
02-25-2016, 01:22 PM
Stick to announcing. Not a promoters mouthpiece.

plunks7
02-25-2016, 01:45 PM

ChrissNunn is entitled to his opinion as you are. Chriss is right!!! So just incase it fails, at least the people that are attending can say we attended. Your Debbie Downer posts will not be changing anybody's mind. We already get the picture your not going. But your NOT everybody. You live I guess somewhat close? But with your screen name your cutting down the very rules that they will be running. So in hind site you have managed to cut down ALL involved in this race including yourself. JMHO

ChrisNunn
02-25-2016, 04:09 PM

Stick to trolling.

You seem to forget there is a very reputable promoter also involved in this, I guarantee all money will be paid out and accordingly.

old fan
02-25-2016, 06:50 PM
We've been burned twice now on indoor shows that were horrible. The last one we were burned with was at Indy late last year and obviously a fiasco of Biblical proportions.We will take no interest in this latest manifestation of indoor racing. Indoor racing has it's place and shows like Ft. Wayne, Du Quoin and The Chili Bowl are wildly successful and prove it can be done and provide top notch racing in the process. But for every Du Quoin and Chili Bowl there is a Silver Dome, Kemper Arena and Indy.If it works in 2016 we'll be there in 2017.hey CIRF trust me when I say this this will not be an INDY Fiasco and will make Duqouin look like a go cart track , I have been there for super cross and monster jam nd it should be problem the only question I have is the consessions , would kinda geuss that INDY would be a like racing on a basketball court

genericracefan
02-25-2016, 07:09 PM
Stick to trolling. You seem to forget there is a very reputable promoter also involved in this, I guarantee all money will be paid out and accordingly.Who are the promoters?

zyoung25
02-25-2016, 07:34 PM
hey CIRF trust me when I say this this will not be an INDY Fiasco and will make Duqouin look like a go cart track , I have been there for super cross and monster jam nd it should be problem the only question I have is the consessions , would kinda geuss that INDY would be a like racing on a basketball court

Like I said in the other post before it got deleted. Monster jam and sx will not compare to this at all, other than it being on dirt. The fumes is the only thing that has me worried. I've been to the EJD for sx and it got fumey everytime they had a full gate of bikes for practice or race. Monster trucks don't run along enough to create the fumes as bikes, and cars will produce much more fumes than bikes do. I attend indy every year for the sx, but there they can open the ends of the stadium and clear it out pretty quick. To my knowledge EJD doesn't have that.

Didn't they have to stop the indy deal because of fumes? I understand it's a smaller venue, and wasn't made for motorsporting events, someone didn't think part through very well.

I will be there by the looks of things, I'm not hating at all, its my only concern. The track will be fine, and they'll get cars no problem.

TheJet-09
02-25-2016, 07:48 PM
Kevin Gundaker is reportedly assisting with the event (Tri-City Speedway, not far away). I trust his reputation. As a fan, my concern still is the fumes. I've been to the Monster Trucks at Indy (Lucas Oil Stadium), an awesome event...no issues with fumes. Also at the old Rosemont Horizon (now the All-State Arena in Rosemont, IL) they have large fans/vents in the roof that clear the place out quick, along with the heat (you'll see your breath for a bit). But in my backyard at the NIU Convocation Center (too small for Monster Trucks by the way), they don't have an adequate ventilation system and it gets pretty fumy (is that even a word?). As a racer, my concern is pitting. Because I'm "not" one of the guys you'll see on the poster, am I going to have to pit at a parking garage down the street? Been there, done that as the little guy.

huskerdirt
02-25-2016, 08:10 PM
Kevin Gundaker is reportedly assisting with the event (Tri-City Speedway, not far away). I trust his reputation. As a fan, my concern still is the fumes. I've been to the Monster Trucks at Indy (Lucas Oil Stadium), an awesome event...no issues with fumes. Also at the old Rosemont Horizon (now the All-State Arena in Rosemont, IL) they have large fans/vents in the roof that clear the place out quick, along with the heat (you'll see your breath for a bit). But in my backyard at the NIU Convocation Center (too small for Monster Trucks by the way), they don't have an adequate ventilation system and it gets pretty fumy (is that even a word?). As a racer, my concern is pitting. Because I'm "not" one of the guys you'll see on the poster, am I going to have to pit at a parking garage down the street? Been there, done that as the little guy.

The pits will be inside at the convention center next door. They say they have room for 200 cars/haulers. From the overhead shot that convention center looks plenty big.

My advice is preregister once it opens up. Then you shouldn't have to worry about pitting in the parking garage.

old fan
02-25-2016, 08:13 PM
1.7 million square feet big

old fan
02-25-2016, 08:16 PM
it suppose be all indoors jet o9

zyoung25
02-25-2016, 08:16 PM
I don't think you'll have to worry about parking anywhere outside the the building. My guess is IF they got enough cars to fill the convention center, they will park some haulers outside and have teams bring in what they need. Pretty much the same thing they done at bristol way back when.

ChrisNunn
02-25-2016, 09:17 PM
I assume there will be a TON ...and I mean a TON of Modifieds at the event

Barbecueboy
02-25-2016, 09:56 PM
I assume there will be a TON ...and I mean a TON of Modifieds at the event

All the more reason to go.........

CGF
02-25-2016, 10:39 PM
Cody has always paid the purse .Trust is not an issue even with crazy tire battles and results..at the end of the day YOU NEED THIS GUY CALLING THE ACTION!!! https://www.facebook.com/duane.goins.79?fref=ts

CGF
02-25-2016, 10:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWvi3lbNrbo

CIRF
02-26-2016, 07:38 AM
If youre not there in 2016, there WONT be a 2017 Maybe, maybe not. If it all goes bad, as several in the past have, then 2017 shouldn't happen anyway. If it all goes good there will be a 2017 race regardless of whether I'm there or not in 2016. It simply costs too much money to attend these races only to find an unsuitable venue or management that doesn't know how to produce a viable indoor show.

It might be a good idea if the people that are to be managing this deal would talk extensively with Kenny Brown, Emmett Hahn and Lanny Edwards. Those guys have been putting on wildly successful indoor shows since the mid 1980's, especially Hahn and Edwards. Advice from those guys means something 'cause they know what they're doing and prove it year in and year out.

hey CIRF trust me when I say this this will not be an INDY Fiasco and will make Duqouin look like a go cart track , I have been there for super cross and monster jam nd it should be problem the only question I have is the consessions , would kinda geuss that INDY would be a like racing on a basketball courtWe've been to Du Quoin for the indoor racing in The Southern Illinois Center more than a half dozen times and it's been some of the best racing we've seen throughout the year every time we've been there. Call it anything you want but ya' can't call it bad racing, at least not if you're telling the truth.

FourDeepInTheFluff
02-26-2016, 09:13 AM
CIRF, I completely agree with you about Du Quoin. Absolutely unbelievable and cant wait for March 19th! Will be our 5th time there! I've long said that Chili Bowl is the best event I go to every year, but Du Quoin is the best race I go to every year.As far as STL indoors, well.... I was at Indy Indoors. I'll be at STL Indoors. Some things will be worth the $$ to say you were there in 40 years...

CIRF
02-26-2016, 10:59 AM
CIRF, I completely agree with you about Du Quoin. Absolutely unbelievable and cant wait for March 19th! Will be our 5th time there! I've long said that Chili Bowl is the best event I go to every year, but Du Quoin is the best race I go to every year.As far as STL indoors, well.... I was at Indy Indoors. I'll be at STL Indoors. Some things will be worth the $$ to say you were there in 40 years...
Really looking forward to March 19th at Du Quoin right along with you FourDeep. We got our reserve seats the day they went on sale!

We have to get rooms for the Du Quoin indoor races 'cause DQ is over 4 hours one way for us. We are virtually certain the racing at Du Quoin is going to be exemplary and well worth the cost of staying the night. A deal like what is being planned for St. Louis is yet to be determined how good or bad the show is going to be. However, the total expense of attending will be significantly more than Du Quoin given the location of the venue, ie., lodging, food & drink.

Really hoping that this deal goes off without a hitch and becomes an annual event. As has been mentioned above, the pitting accommodations, dust clean up and carbon monoxide will probably be the foremost concerns. The support class might also create some problems, especially if track maintenance and carbon monoxide become problematic. Not much down time with 2 large classes competing.

An early to mid afternoon starting time might be an advantage. An indoor show is completely flexible in that regard.

HoosierDirtFan
02-26-2016, 03:17 PM
Racing indoors can be done. Picture below Pontiac Silver Dome - Believe it was 1984 and was an NDRA invitational race <> not sure though.

PICTURE BELOW.

huskerdirt
02-26-2016, 03:23 PM
Racing indoors can be done. Picture below Pontiac Silver Dome - Believe it was 1984 and was an NDRA invitational race <> not sure though.

PICTURE BELOW.

It was 1982. Jack Boggs was the winner.

This was the only time dirt late models raced indoors.

wheelpackin
02-26-2016, 03:42 PM
It'll be a cluster that's for sure.

FourDeepInTheFluff
02-26-2016, 06:12 PM
CIRF, We are 4 hours away from Du Quoin and made the drive home when it was over every year but last year. Stayed in the Super 8 just past the Fairgrounds. Not the best, but it did well for one night. Luckily we went into Indy Indoors with the frame of mind that the fumes and size of track may cause problems. We were prepared for that with growing up racing karts indoors. Although they dont get as bad as the midgets when you get the Unlimited All Stars out there it gets pretty bad pretty quick. Also most the indoor kart races are held in rodeo arenas so that are quite smaller. What we did not take into consideration was having full fields on the track at once. Essentially creating a log jam 3-4 cars deep in line entering corners and causing many problems. Given the circumstances and scheduling with PRI I would go again. Buy cheap tickets and leave when I have had enough. As far as starting times for STL Indoors... Many kart races start very early in the day like 10:00 am. Hopefully thats the case here if the do have around 200 cars like is expected. STL is a 5 hour ride for us without pulling the car, we currently have a block of 5 rooms at the Drury Inn across the street, and currently 15 committed to going. I suspect that number to drop to about 7-8 and 2-3 rooms needed by time we go. Either way, I am looking forward to it.

Clayton_Wetter
02-26-2016, 07:09 PM
1.7 million square feet big

That is a little less than 1/16th of a square mile.

old fan
02-26-2016, 07:18 PM
How do you come with that fiqure the foot ball field alone is a 1/4 mile , which is only a smalll part of the complex

CIRF
02-26-2016, 07:20 PM
CIRF, We are 4 hours away from Du Quoin and made the drive home when it was over every year but last year. Stayed in the Super 8 just past the Fairgrounds. Not the best, but it did well for one night. Luckily we went into Indy Indoors with the frame of mind that the fumes and size of track may cause problems. We were prepared for that with growing up racing karts indoors. Although they dont get as bad as the midgets when you get the Unlimited All Stars out there it gets pretty bad pretty quick. Also most the indoor kart races are held in rodeo arenas so that are quite smaller. What we did not take into consideration was having full fields on the track at once. Essentially creating a log jam 3-4 cars deep in line entering corners and causing many problems. Given the circumstances and scheduling with PRI I would go again. Buy cheap tickets and leave when I have had enough. As far as starting times for STL Indoors... Many kart races start very early in the day like 10:00 am. Hopefully thats the case here if the do have around 200 cars like is expected. STL is a 5 hour ride for us without pulling the car, we currently have a block of 5 rooms at the Drury Inn across the street, and currently 15 committed to going. I suspect that number to drop to about 7-8 and 2-3 rooms needed by time we go. Either way, I am looking forward to it.

FourDeep, for the March 19th race at Du Quoin you might look into the Rend Lake Resort. They have rooms for $70.00, that includes taxes. These are really nice rooms and they're located about 12 or 14 miles east of The Southern Illinois Center right on Rend Lake. The Fairgrounds Inn is much more pricey and the rooms aren't as nice as Rend Lake Resort and the Super 8 is no less expensive and the rooms aren't even in the same galaxy as Rend Lake. Don't know what direction you'll be coming from but anything due East the Resort is a good option.

Also, if you have some free time during the March Du Quoin race weekend google the St. Nicholas Brewing Company. It's a micro-craft beer brewery in what used to be the St. Nicholas Hotel in downtown Du Quoin. They have renovated the building into a brewery and restaurant and it's really a nice, fun place. Some great tasting beers and a very nice atmosphere and good food. Search for St. Nicholas Brewing Company and you can see the menu and the different beers, etc.

Hope it all works out well for ya'll at St. Louis.

Sorry for the thread hi-jack.

WisWildManFan
02-26-2016, 09:56 PM
CIRF, We are 4 hours away from Du Quoin and made the drive home when it was over every year but last year. Stayed in the Super 8 just past the Fairgrounds. Not the best, but it did well for one night. Luckily we went into Indy Indoors with the frame of mind that the fumes and size of track may cause problems. We were prepared for that with growing up racing karts indoors. Although they dont get as bad as the midgets when you get the Unlimited All Stars out there it gets pretty bad pretty quick. Also most the indoor kart races are held in rodeo arenas so that are quite smaller. What we did not take into consideration was having full fields on the track at once. Essentially creating a log jam 3-4 cars deep in line entering corners and causing many problems. Given the circumstances and scheduling with PRI I would go again. Buy cheap tickets and leave when I have had enough. As far as starting times for STL Indoors... Many kart races start very early in the day like 10:00 am. Hopefully thats the case here if the do have around 200 cars like is expected. STL is a 5 hour ride for us without pulling the car, we currently have a block of 5 rooms at the Drury Inn across the street, and currently 15 committed to going. I suspect that number to drop to about 7-8 and 2-3 rooms needed by time we go. Either way, I am looking forward to it. Where are you coming up with 200 expected cars?

huskerdirt
02-26-2016, 10:18 PM
Where are you coming up with 200 expected cars?

The number being thrown out is over 100 modifieds and 50-65 Late Models.

IMO.... I don't think they will reach the 200 mark. But it will be closer to that than not.

a25rjr
02-26-2016, 10:35 PM
What motels are within walking distance? Why do you have to pay to park at them? Are the parking lots owned by different entities?

FourDeepInTheFluff
02-27-2016, 12:44 AM
CIRF, I will be looking into the Rend Lake Resort. The location is a little out of our way as we are coming from the south (Memphis, TN) but good accommodations and cheap pricing could make it worth it to us. We opted out of the reserved seating due to the uncertainty of how many will be traveling with us. WisWildManFan, Podcast with the promoter claims he expects 100 modified's on the very low end. He also said he expects 50-70 late model's. Nick Hoffman podcast he said he expects 100 modified's. I agree on the 50-70 number for late model's and I expect 150 modified's. On the basis that they allow the G-60 and KK-704 tires and do away with the UMP stamp wheels to attract IMCA/USMTS/USRA/Outlaw Style modified's. If they do not I think it could hurt the car count. Then I would expect somewhere around 80-100.

old fan
02-27-2016, 05:31 AM
st louis is in the heart of UMP country , with that said they said it was non sanctioned and by the way Kevin Gundakers mod mania gets 80 plus mods and it only about 1/2 with event pays with a lot larger track as far as pay ing to park downtown motels well welcome to the big city lol

a25rjr
02-27-2016, 08:51 AM
st louis is in the heart of UMP country , with that said they said it was non sanctioned and by the way Kevin Gundakers mod mania gets 80 plus mods and it only about 1/2 with event pays with a lot larger track as far as pay ing to park downtown motels well welcome to the big city lol

Don't know about St. Louis being a big city! My town has 3 times more people and we don't pay parking at downtown motels. We have a Ruth Chris on the top floor of a Hyatt Regency on the river, and we never pay for parking, just to eat there.

I was just wondering if the parking garages were owned by the motels or not.

Nasty55
02-27-2016, 09:28 AM
Don't know about St. Louis being a big city! My town has 3 times more people and we don't pay parking at downtown motels. We have a Ruth Chris on the top floor of a Hyatt Regency on the river, and we never pay for parking, just to eat there.

I was just wondering if the parking garages were owned by the motels or not.

st Louis charges for everything Jr...

CIRF
02-27-2016, 10:00 AM
CIRF, I will be looking into the Rend Lake Resort. The location is a little out of our way as we are coming from the south (Memphis, TN) but good accommodations and cheap pricing could make it worth it to us. We opted out of the reserved seating due to the uncertainty of how many will be traveling with us. WisWildManFan, Podcast with the promoter claims he expects 100 modified's on the very low end. He also said he expects 50-70 late model's. Nick Hoffman podcast he said he expects 100 modified's. I agree on the 50-70 number for late model's and I expect 150 modified's. On the basis that they allow the G-60 and KK-704 tires and do away with the UMP stamp wheels to attract IMCA/USMTS/USRA/Outlaw Style modified's. If they do not I think it could hurt the car count. Then I would expect somewhere around 80-100.

FourDeep, when you talk to the folks at Rend Lake ask for the off season rate. I believe the rate changes March 15th but they will in fact give you the $70.00 rate if you ask them to.

Also, there is a great little place to eat and have a beer on the way to the Fairgrounds. It's called Stringers and it's 2 or 3 miles straight South of Sesser, Illinois on Rt. 148. It's a little out of the way but great food, nonetheless. We might see ya' there.

old fan
02-27-2016, 12:21 PM
st Louis charges for everything Jr... you have to no how to play the game I will probably pay 5 bucks a night whoopee

a25rjr
02-27-2016, 01:10 PM
you have to no how to play the game I will probably pay 5 bucks a night whoopee

Tell me how, every motel I checked was charging 15-20 a night! It certainly wont stop me from coming but it would be nice not to pay it!

old fan
02-27-2016, 01:12 PM
you don't stay near there you find a motel in st louis near the metro link

a25rjr
02-27-2016, 01:15 PM
you don't stay near there you find a motel in st louis near the metro link

I'll have to google it, as Im coming from over 1000 miles away!

Nasty55
02-27-2016, 01:40 PM
you have to no how to play the game I will probably pay 5 bucks a night whoopee

Well arent you special litey.... If i was in charge of St Louis id charge you $1000.00 a night just for tripping on their sidewalk and suing them...... :)

slmcrewchief99
02-27-2016, 01:48 PM
As long as I can get in with my motorhome, I am good. We plan on being there to race but I need my OWN place to sleep. I'm not as "young" as the rest of the crew. lol

Nasty55
02-27-2016, 02:05 PM
As long as I can get in with my motorhome, I am good. We plan on being there to race but I need my OWN place to sleep. I'm not as "young" as the rest of the crew. lol

I Hear Y my friend i am not getting any younger myself lol..

a25rjr
02-27-2016, 02:48 PM

If you cook some of that good deer meat, I'll come work for FREE! lol

slmcrewchief99
02-27-2016, 03:56 PM
Trust me a25, I will have plenty of it. Who knows whether we will have a great weekend racing or not, but I can promise we WILL eat good. lol

SuperEight
02-27-2016, 04:08 PM
I wont be in attendance. My opinion is it will be too small for decent racing, the temporary surface won't hold water most likely and then we will have yet another black eye on DLM racing when the promoter skips with the till. Y'all have fun.

old fan
02-27-2016, 07:03 PM
Don't know about St. Louis being a big city! My town has 3 times more people and we don't pay parking at downtown motels. We have a Ruth Chris on the top floor of a Hyatt Regency on the river, and we never pay for parking, just to eat there. I was just wondering if the parking garages were owned by the motels or not. no they are not

old fan
02-27-2016, 07:05 PM
Well arent you special litey.... If i was in charge of St Louis id charge you $1000.00 a night just for tripping on their sidewalk and suing them...... :) well you are not so there

old fan
02-27-2016, 07:15 PM
I wont be in attendance. My opinion is it will be too small for decent racing, the temporary surface won't hold water most likely and then we will have yet another black eye on DLM racing when the promoter skips with the till. Y'all have fun. never been to Macon or Belleclaire have you, its biggger than Macon by 60 feet https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI3ussSxcCs

old fan
02-27-2016, 07:43 PM
Don't know about St. Louis being a big city! My town has 3 times more people and we don't pay parking at downtown motels. We have a Ruth Chris on the top floor of a Hyatt Regency on the river, and we never pay for parking, just to eat there. I was just wondering if the parking garages were owned by the motels or not. do you know whats considered st louis it might surprise you and also there are 5 stadiums with in 26 blocks

a25rjr
02-27-2016, 08:26 PM
do you know whats considered st louis it might surprise you and also there are 5 stadiums with in 26 blocks

Not really never been there! Whats there to do close to the stadium?

TMaCiLLiNi39
02-27-2016, 09:24 PM
Not really never been there! Whats there to do close to the stadium?

Lumiere Casino is across the street... I suppose that will be the place to be after the races...hotel rooms are awesome there too

old fan
02-27-2016, 10:06 PM
Not really never been there! Whats there to do close to the stadium?being a little town they roll up the sidewalks after 7 pm

3 wide
02-28-2016, 08:24 AM
Well the last man that run an indoor race went broke and they are running it at the wrong time a week before Christmas they should run it after the chili bowl and catch everybody going home but just my thoughts I wish them good luck but I can't see it working.

WisWildManFan
02-28-2016, 10:21 AM
Use all the dirt for banking at one end so one set of corners top is faster and other set the bottom is faster :)

jason54028
02-28-2016, 06:21 PM
Lumiere Casino is across the street... I suppose that will be the place to be after the races...hotel rooms are awesome there too Thats where we got our rooms at. I was looking around the web page and found a thing for booking early. You need to call and ask for the early booking rate and its something like $97 a night. It also included free parking and not the $10 a day it normally is.

Mcklovin85..
02-28-2016, 07:47 PM
I suspect some of these lame reasons on here of not attending is really because your wives said, "hell no it a week before X-mas!" But hey that's alright I guess..

3 wide
02-28-2016, 08:46 PM
That is not why I'm not going I wouldn't go regardless of when they run it I just think it would be a lot better idea crowd wise to have it after the first of the year personally I don't care when they run most people have a lot going on that close to the holidays.

CIRF
02-29-2016, 12:45 AM
The indoor race at Du Quoin has always been the weekend before Christmas and they PACK the place. If the racin' is good the crowd will be there regardless of it's proximity to Christmas.

There is one reason (possibly 2) we won't be in St. Louis and it's got nothing to do with my Wife not allowing me to go, in fact she'd be with us if we were to attend. It simply cost too much money to go to an unproven commodity. The possible 2nd reason is if the Du Quoin race is once again scheduled on the weekend before Christmas we'll be there.

We're know we'll see a top notch show at Du Quoin.

old fan
02-29-2016, 06:13 AM
no the only reason is you like DuQuoin to me the track was just a tad to small and the ventilation was terrible

Mcklovin85..
02-29-2016, 06:55 AM
Cirf I was wanting to go to duquoin this year after seeing the highlights and all the positive reaction after the race.. But It will have to wait.... According to some on here, stl has already failed and its only March So Im making plans for duquoin in 17.. Also exit 12,14,16 off I-64 in illinois will be great places to stay, gateway classic cars has a showroom at exit 16 in ofallon.

old fan
02-29-2016, 06:19 PM
let's see starters no starters boy that an easy answer and do you think a hall fame driver and now track builder and track owner and doing a great and coming from a successful family would get n project knowing it would fail

zyoung25
02-29-2016, 07:16 PM
let's see starters no starters boy that an easy answer and do you think a hall fame driver and now track builder and track owner and doing a great and coming from a successful family would get n project knowing it would fail

Uhhhh what? He's officially back guys.

kidrock
02-29-2016, 07:26 PM
Uhhhh what? He's officially back guys.

You know who this is don't you?

FourDeepInTheFluff
02-29-2016, 07:37 PM
CIRF, I have a feeling that the DuQuoin race will be scheduled on top of the STL race. We have decided we are going to do STL Friday night, and if it goes good stay for Saturday. If it does not, we will be headed to DuQuoin on Saturday. Wonder if they will let me make laps in the modified around the track?

WisWildManFan
02-29-2016, 08:26 PM
Guess I better get my dog and brew on Friday!

CIRF
02-29-2016, 09:19 PM
CIRF, I have a feeling that the DuQuoin race will be scheduled on top of the STL race. We have decided we are going to do STL Friday night, and if it goes good stay for Saturday. If it does not, we will be headed to DuQuoin on Saturday. Wonder if they will let me make laps in the modified around the track?

They might let ya' do a few hot laps!

If it was any other race but Du Quoin I'd say the deal in St. Louie would hurt the crowd but given the interest that past few year I don't think it'll hurt DQ a bit. They have a solidly established following at DQ at this point and everybody that has ever been there knows they're gonna' see a very good show.

FourDeepInTheFluff
02-29-2016, 09:35 PM
WWMF, ill make it a double for the inconvenience. CIRF, I don't think it will hurt the crowd either. Not enough to hinder the event anyway. Although there is a VERY strong contingent of the full body car fans at the event. Either way the event will naturally go off without a hitch. Hopefully they schedule it the week before the PRI show. It may not be on the traditional weekend but for the sake of working together if it could be done it may not hurt. Also, I apologize for not having spaces when addressing everyone or changing subjects. It shows up when I am typing it but when I reply it does not...?

CIRF
02-29-2016, 10:03 PM
WWMF, ill make it a double for the inconvenience. CIRF, I don't think it will hurt the crowd either. Not enough to hinder the event anyway. Although there is a VERY strong contingent of the full body car fans at the event. Either way the event will naturally go off without a hitch. Hopefully they schedule it the week before the PRI show. It may not be on the traditional weekend but for the sake of working together if it could be done it may not hurt. Also, I apologize for not having spaces when addressing everyone or changing subjects. It shows up when I am typing it but when I reply it does not...?

I wouldn't take issue with what you're saying about the VERY big dirt late model fandom at DQ. But I never got the sense that there were all that many DLM fans there. There have always been a bunch of open wheel dirt fans from Indiana at DQ. A couple of buddies from central Kansas make the December show every year and they wouldn't walk across the street to go to a DLM show if the tickets were free. Like I said, I sure wouldn't dispute what you're saying but I never really got that feeling from the many conversations we've had in the grandstands over the years.

plunks7
02-29-2016, 10:19 PM
I wouldn't take issue with what you're saying about the VERY big dirt late model fandom at DQ. But I never got the sense that there were all that many DLM fans there. There have always been a bunch of open wheel dirt fans from Indiana at DQ. A couple of buddies from central Kansas make the December show every year and they wouldn't walk across the street to go to a DLM show if the tickets were free. Like I said, I sure wouldn't dispute what you're saying but I never really got that feeling from the many conversations we've had in the grandstands over the years.

That's how I feel about sprints. :)

old fan
02-29-2016, 11:28 PM
non winged sprints I can handle all other open wheel classes not so much yeah CIRF your buddies are probably the ones that walk out when anything but their wonderful class is not on the track wow what fans those are

zyoung25
03-01-2016, 05:50 AM
You know who this is don't you?

Yes, I'm sure you do too. There isn't no one else that I can remember over the years that confused so many people, and was still right.

Umpdirt1
03-01-2016, 07:59 AM
Huh even saw one dude saying I got my tickets n a room. From what I gather tickets are not even on sale yet. There's one born every day..

CIRF
03-01-2016, 10:50 AM
That's how I feel about sprints. :)
Sprints aren't part of the subject here, but carry on. LOL!

There is absolutely no accounting for taste, that's for sure. Either way.

I do know this much for sure, tunnel vision is one sure way to deprive ones self of some very good racin'. When it comes to racing we've never had tunnel vision and never will.

Small minded is the term that most often applies. That may be the case here.

3 wide
03-01-2016, 07:18 PM
I don't get it the racing season is fixing to start there will be 100s of races run and everybody is all excited about an indoor race in the middle of December.there are plenty of race tracks for sale and lease why go to all the trouble to run indoors I just don't get it I guess I'm missing something maybe they think it will be another chili bowl big difference between a midget and a late model.

WisWildManFan
03-01-2016, 07:47 PM
They want to race cars indoors at a football stadium and play hockey outdoors at baseball stadiums lol

3 wide
03-01-2016, 07:57 PM
I guess I new a guy that shot fireworks in the house lol

plunks7
03-01-2016, 09:49 PM
[QUOTE=CIRF; A couple of buddies from central Kansas make the December show every year and they wouldn't walk across the street to go to a DLM show if the tickets were free. [/QUOTE]

There it is CIRF. :) That is how I feel about Sprints. LOL