PDA

View Full Version : Stewart-Haas/Ford alliance

Cardirt0
02-24-2016, 04:34 PM
Tony will switch to Ford next year Will looks like I will not be cheering for them no more I am Chevy from the word go....
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/motorsports/opinion-ripple-effects-of-stewart-haas-ford-alliance-will-be-significant/ar-BBpWad8

jeffreymo
02-24-2016, 04:49 PM
Tony will switch to Ford next year Will looks like I will not be cheering for them no more I am Chevy from the word go....
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/motorsports/opinion-ripple-effects-of-stewart-haas-ford-alliance-will-be-significant/ar-BBpWad8

Doesn't sound like you were much of a fan to begin with then.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
02-24-2016, 05:06 PM
That prolly why tony was retiring this yr. Must have had a falling out w hendrick or ford paid BIGGER BUCKS!

Cardirt0
02-24-2016, 05:10 PM
Doesn't sound like you were much of a fan to begin with then.

Don't love or hate Tony .. Like the 4 car some and the 41 hes OK .. the 10 LOL DONT like Ford been a Chevy man all my life.....

Cardirt0
02-24-2016, 05:13 PM
That prolly why tony was retiring this yr. Must have had a falling out w hendrick or ford paid BIGGER BUCKS!

From a Friend that buys stuff (motor) from Hendrick.... Lots of motors / parts for a LOT less money.....

slmcrewchief99
02-24-2016, 05:16 PM
According to the press release, Tony was 100% on board. From the way I read it, he is as involved as any other Team owner in NASCAR. Just because he is retiring doesn't mean he is walking away form his organization. He will be an owner in Nascar for the immediate future for sure. They are just making a decision to move to a different "Brand" of engine and build their own chassis. And he also seemed to be very excited about the change too. I don't see anything at all wrong with change if it can be justified. According to what Tony said, it can be.....

Cardirt0
02-24-2016, 05:35 PM
According to the press release, Tony was 100% on board. From the way I read it, he is as involved as any other Team owner in NASCAR. Just because he is retiring doesn't mean he is walking away form his organization. He will be an owner in Nascar for the immediate future for sure. They are just making a decision to move to a different "Brand" of engine and build their own chassis. And he also seemed to be very excited about the change too. I don't see anything at all wrong with change if it can be justified. According to what Tony said, it can be.....

Not having to pay for 6,000,000 for Motors may be a good reason why......

old fan
02-24-2016, 05:45 PM
they have said many times Tony is retiring because he doesn't understand these new cars

a25rjr
02-24-2016, 05:56 PM
[QUOTE=Cardirt0;1989229]Don't love or hate Tony .. Like the 4 car some and the 41 hes OK .. the 10 LOL DONT like Ford been a Chevy man all my life.....[/QUOT
Same here......I only tolerated the 4 and 41 cuz they drove Hendrick Chevies!

bullring
02-24-2016, 05:56 PM
I heard Danica was pi*sed. She wanted to drive Toro's next year.

Cardirt0
02-24-2016, 05:58 PM
they have said many times Tony is retiring because he doesn't understand these new cars

I Think you are right there.. He can not drive them .. I think with the less down force he may have done better this year...They just ant fun for him too drive so hes smart too find some one to drive for him who can....Just not so shire the one he got is the right one....

Gearhead2016
02-24-2016, 06:11 PM
I think from an Owner/Driver stand point Tony is getting out why the getting is good as he is getting no younger... Now if you stand back and take a look at raw horsepower then making the switch is a logical choice as the Roush Yates Ford's have consistently been at the top of their game... And cardirt I to am a Chevy guy but money does talk...

jeffreymo
02-24-2016, 06:24 PM

This can't be true - I've been told repeatedly that Tony Stewart can win in anything.

Barbecueboy
02-24-2016, 06:47 PM

She wants to drive a longhorn?

Well, heck yeah.

kidrock
02-24-2016, 06:52 PM

That's what's been reported and the way he has been running the last 2 years one would have to believe it to be true.

kidrock
02-24-2016, 06:55 PM

Danica said the reason Tony getting out is because she's better then him right now. She actually said there was a few other guys thinking about quitting for the same reason

plunks7
02-24-2016, 06:57 PM

Well, heck yeah.

LMFAO...... She just wants seat time on that Longhorn. Then she will blow that Rocket up. Wouldn't that be SWEET. :)

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
02-24-2016, 07:25 PM
lmfao...... She just wants seat time on that longhorn. Then she will blow that rocket up. Wouldn't that be sweet. :)

horns up!!!

a25rjr
02-24-2016, 07:36 PM
horns up!!!

I guess the real question is.....does Danica want Tonys Rocket or Davenports "Horn?

Shes probly already rode....I mean drove, Tony's Rocket!

plunks7
02-24-2016, 07:43 PM
Tony does have a rocket chassis. Neither she wants something SWEET.

edavis71
02-24-2016, 07:58 PM
Danica said the reason Tony getting out is because she's better then him right now. She actually said there was a few other guys thinking about quitting for the same reason

LMAO!!! That's funny chit there!!!

kidrock
02-24-2016, 08:01 PM
LMAO!!! That's funny chit there!!!

Look for more announcements soon LMAO!!!!

MI Dirt Fan
02-24-2016, 09:00 PM
That's why Tony left Gibbs when they switched to Toyota. Tony is 100% Chevy all the way. Something is up for sure. Probly can't afford Danica wrecking that expensive stuff.

old fan
02-24-2016, 09:15 PM
Danica need to find a off road series

Cardirt0
02-24-2016, 09:25 PM
Maybe thats why hes stopping will not drive a ford but will own one LOL

plunks7
02-24-2016, 09:30 PM
Danica need to find a off road series

Isn't that what she has been doing along? She couldn't win a Hot Wheels race!!!! :)

mud duck
02-24-2016, 09:42 PM
I know Tony had a relationship with Rocket a few years back (especially the Prelude deals). I wonder when he comes back to the dirt after retirement, if he will he be involved with Rocket again?? He's got the money and Mark's got to love that!!

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
02-24-2016, 10:24 PM
Maybe thats why hes stopping will not drive a ford but will own one LOL

Harvick is a chevy man I dont c him hanging around long.

ClampedUp
02-25-2016, 04:45 AM
I'm thinking this Ford move has more to do with than just NASCAR. Haas has said he wants to have an American manufacture in his F-1 deal eventually so maybe that is part of the reason for the deal/switch??

70satomic
02-25-2016, 04:54 AM
Hendrick has had nascar paid off ever since the number 3 passed away !!

WisWildManFan
02-25-2016, 08:59 AM
Just a business move by Tony, he has proven he's all about the $$$ with the hiring of Danica as a driver.

fastford
02-25-2016, 09:22 AM
well, im just disappointed that he didn't consult with me first........

1Jthejuice
02-25-2016, 09:28 AM
It has little to do with Chevy and everything to do with HMS. Things were not on the up and up and it was intentional.

Snake X3
02-25-2016, 10:17 AM

Well, heck yeah.

Nah. She likes her current ride. She's a hardcore Stenhouse Rocket rider. :D

Cardirt0
02-25-2016, 10:57 AM
I'm thinking this Ford move has more to do with than just NASCAR. Haas has said he wants to have an American manufacture in his F-1 deal eventually so maybe that is part of the reason for the deal/switch??

I was Thinking that the other day... Switch to ford saves them 6 to 7 m bucks on motors... BUT it gives them the Motors for F1 all so ..This is a business move for Haas...And too save money in NASCAR on Motors..... I think you on to some thing here...

zach51
02-25-2016, 11:00 AM
The answer is simple. The doctors told Tony he just needs to slow down.

Highside Hustler25
02-25-2016, 11:29 AM

lol:D.............

Cardirt0
02-25-2016, 11:56 AM

I spit pepsi all over my key board LOL

a25rjr
02-25-2016, 01:38 PM
It has little to do with Chevy and everything to do with HMS. Things were not on the up and up and it was intentional.

Yep....that's basically what Tony said in the press release!

Hopefully, Harvick will replace Kahne!

The only problem for Haas is that Hendrick has bought a lot of CNC equipment from him! That will probly stop!

Hoosier
02-25-2016, 03:40 PM
Have you heard anything about the future of Tony's WoO and dirt teams? Are they going Ford too? Does Ford have a competitive dirt motor?

vande07
02-25-2016, 03:43 PM
Have you heard anything about the future of Tony's WoO and dirt teams? Are they going Ford too? Does Ford have a competitive dirt motor?

If they make that switch on the Sprint Car side, it won't be a big deal. The Donny Schatz #15 uses Shaver Speciality Engines out of CA. Back when Casey Luna owned a WoO team, (Vivarin #10 driven by Dave Blaney, Bobby Davis, Jr. and a few others) he built their Ford Engines and they won a lot of races and a Championship.

Bubstr
02-26-2016, 10:41 AM

Does it really make a difference? Those Chevy and Ford engines don't know what's stamped on them. It's a aftermarket block, aftermarket pistons, rods, cam lifters. Everything is aftermarket. Nothing Was ever born in Detroit. Someone could put one together and call it a YUGO. LOL

SuperEight
02-26-2016, 11:06 AM

It must have been some insane money to lure Tony because I remember how much he disliked JGR switching to toyota. I can see why Ford went looking, Rousch has wandered off into the bushes, running in the back with the start n' park dudes, behind Danica... The Petty group doesnt seem much better, only Penske has any speed in Ford and he builds his own chassis. I know it was a money deal when Penske left Dodge, but both he and Petty ran better before hooking up with Rousch. I wonder who will supply the chassis and engines? Will any of it be done in house at SHR? I won't have to worry as I wont be watching any cup once Tony retires. Heck, I only watched 4 laps of Daytona and got bored. Good luck to SHR I guess. Lastly, this isnt in anyway related to DLM, so how about moving it to the other section, please.

AllenK
02-26-2016, 12:26 PM
Money talks,but wow. Just wow....

Cardirt0
02-26-2016, 12:37 PM
It must have been some insane money to lure Tony because I remember how much he disliked JGR switching to toyota. I can see why Ford went looking, Rousch has wandered off into the bushes, running in the back with the start n' park dudes, behind Danica... The Petty group doesnt seem much better, only Penske has any speed in Ford and he builds his own chassis. I know it was a money deal when Penske left Dodge, but both he and Petty ran better before hooking up with Rousch. I wonder who will supply the chassis and engines? Will any of it be done in house at SHR? I won't have to worry as I wont be watching any cup once Tony retires. Heck, I only watched 4 laps of Daytona and got bored. Good luck to SHR I guess. Lastly, this isnt in anyway related to DLM, so how about moving it to the other section, please.

This has everthing too do with DLMs .. owns a track that runs DLMs .. He drives DLMs...Tire of being PC and so here it is ... Thank you for your Opinion ......

a25rjr
02-26-2016, 01:32 PM

Yes, Ford has a very competitive dirt engine. Bloomquist and Richards both use Andy Durham Ford engines, with parts from RYR.

ClampedUp
02-26-2016, 02:39 PM
This has everthing too do with DLMs .. owns a track that runs DLMs .. He drives DLMs...Tire of being PC and so here it is ... Thank you for your Opinion ......

Everything to do with DLM's?? Surely you jest.....
Please feel free to ask Smoke where his short track dirt roots and heart is.
Even though he will drive a DLM and owns a track that races DLM's his passion is sprint cars.
Pretty evident seeing that he owns the multi-championship winning WoO sprint car team and the All Star Circuit of Champions sprint car series.

CIRF
02-26-2016, 03:34 PM
Stewart's passion may well be sprint cars but no more than the midgets. He won his first national touring series race driving a midget in a USAC National Midget race back in 1991 at the old Indianapolis Spreedrome.

Also, in a January 2016 interview with Robin Miller at The Chili Bowl he said he dearly wants to win the Belleville Midget Nationals. Belleville being the last crown jewel presently missing from his final resume'.

If you check his stats midgets appear to be as much a part of Stewart's legacy as sprint cars.

ClampedUp
02-26-2016, 03:46 PM
Stewart's passion may well be sprint cars but no more than the midgets. He won his first national touring series race driving a midget in a USAC National Midget race back in 1991 at the old Indianapolis Spreedrome.

Also, in a January 2016 interview with Robin Miller at The Chili Bowl he said he dearly wants to win the Belleville Midget Nationals. Belleville being the last crown jewel presently missing from his final resume'.

If you check his stats midgets appear to be as much a part of Stewart's legacy as sprint cars.

My bad......
Should have said "open" wheel cars.

ClampedUp
03-04-2016, 06:04 PM

Here's some insight on what Stewart's plans are sans NASCAR......

By Dustin Long Mar 3, 2016, 8:41 PM EST

Tony Stewart told SiriusXM NASCAR Radio on Thursday night that he would like to race at Daytona International Speedway again after this season, but it won’t be in a Sprint Cup car.

Stewart has said this will be his final season competing in NASCAR’s premier series — but not his final season of racing.

“When Homestead is over, I’m in full car owner mode on the Cup side, and I actually just talked to Jimmy Carr, who’s my sprint car crew chief, today and said, ‘You better get stuff ready for next year. We’re going back sprint car racing again,’’ ’ Stewart told Claire B. Lang on “Dialed In.’’

Stewart, who missed this year’s Daytona 500 after suffering a burst fracture of his L1 vertebra in a Jan. 31 sand dunes accident, explained what he wants to do at Daytona after this season.

“I still want to go back to Daytona and try to win the 24 Hours,’’ Stewart told Lang.

Stewart was leading with about 17 minutes left in the 2004 race when a suspension piece broke, preventing him from winning. He was a teammate to Dale Earnhardt Jr. in that race.

Stewart also wants to return to New Hampshire Motor Speedway to race — a modified car that is. Stewart said he also would like to run a Camping World Truck at his Eldora Speedway.

“It’s almost a shame to not go back there and at least run that race one time to say I did it,’’ Stewart said on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio.

As for a return to the Indianapolis 500?

“That is not going to happen,’’ Stewart said.

buster83
03-08-2016, 09:19 AM
will the midget be powered by Honda.

CIRF
03-08-2016, 10:31 AM
More likely Toyota.