PDA

View Full Version : Door / Quarter Plastic

RacerX10
02-26-2016, 06:43 PM
Do you guys put the nice rounded end on the forward or rearward wheel well ?

Seems like it could go either way .. just looking for opinions .. thanks !

http://www.rtach.com/pics/cruella_iv.jpg

taylor2727
02-26-2016, 08:45 PM
Fronts yes lr depends on how tight u made wheel well because it can make it real hard to get lr on and off while on lift or stands

RacerX10
02-26-2016, 10:30 PM
Fronts yes lr depends on how tight u made wheel well because it can make it real hard to get lr on and off while on lift or stands

Ah good point, thanks .. I'll check clearance. It is pretty tight.

TheJet-09
02-27-2016, 07:58 AM
I put the rounded end towards the front because they will gather dirt on the inside of the lip/formed bottom and I figured this would prevent some as it's not "open" in the front. Whether that actually has an effect or not, who knows. Probably psychological more than anything. What I also did was cut 3" or so off the top of each section and used that as my skirting on the right side (just to save on material/cost and because the right side gets so beat up anyway).

Car is looking nice by the way! You do the body yourself? I ask because of the radius at the top. Much cleaner than anything I could do.

RacerX10
02-27-2016, 10:23 AM
I put the rounded end towards the front because they will gather dirt on the inside of the lip/formed bottom and I figured this would prevent some as it's not "open" in the front. Whether that actually has an effect or not, who knows. Probably psychological more than anything. What I also did was cut 3" or so off the top of each section and used that as my skirting on the right side (just to save on material/cost and because the right side gets so beat up anyway).

Car is looking nice by the way! You do the body yourself? I ask because of the radius at the top. Much cleaner than anything I could do.

Thanks for all that .. great advice.

I wish I could take credit for the body but it was that way when I bought it. I'll definitely be putting that radius on the tops of the doors when I replace them, though. Looks great, and should be stiffer than just an angled top would be.

Kwoods25
02-27-2016, 08:22 PM
I cut both round ends off. I believe it's all in what you want. I figured if I run any ends I wouldn't get the mud out as good lol, it's just a personal preference thing I guess. Ask 10 people get 10 different answers. Car looks good