PDA

View Full Version : Tazz or Duck River

20fan
02-28-2016, 02:28 PM
Looking at doing at least one of the two nights for the WOO in April.
Good, bad of both tracks and what one you would recommend.
Thanks

pink floyd
02-28-2016, 03:04 PM
duck river, easy choice for me. will never go back to the taz.

jr1216
02-28-2016, 03:24 PM
Definitely duck river. Probably better racing and car count.

Clayton_Wetter
02-28-2016, 04:35 PM
Unless something has changed, then Tazewell is the place.

3 wide
02-28-2016, 05:55 PM
If you don't want to stay at the race track until 2 am central time you better go to tazwell duck river will run about 8 classes tazwell could be the fastest track in the country.

useddirt
02-28-2016, 06:12 PM
Duck River hands down. Duck River may run a few classes but so does Taz, but the racing at Duck River will be better than the train race at the Taz. Been there many times and have yet to see any racing. A lot of wrecks but no good racing. JMO

d-glenn
02-28-2016, 06:16 PM
Never been to Taz, but never saw a bad race at The Duck...

3 wide
02-28-2016, 06:29 PM
Yeah you might see a race at duck fiver if you want to sit there till about 2 am trust me they will find a way to drag the show out they will grade the track or something.

castone
02-28-2016, 07:16 PM
One thing about "THE DUCK" if the track is not right they will make it right, and yes sometimes they do run late with a very good chance you will see some good Dirt Track Racing, and not taking nothing away from Taz. which I think is the fastest dirt track in the state of Tennessee.

LMPunk
02-28-2016, 07:49 PM
Duck River, easily. They've generally cut down on the classes in the past when they have a big series like WoO in town and move the show along reasonably well, and they'll have several more cars if that matters to you. It's honestly not even debatable which track offers the best racing.

With that said, just do both if possible.

3 wide
02-28-2016, 08:25 PM
You must not of went to any races at duck river last year the last race I went to last year I left at 2 am as soon as the super race was over they still had about 3,features left I said then I'll never go back the reason that tazwell as a low car count is it is so fast a lot of the drivers are scared to run up there and they will tell you that.if you want to see real speed go to tazwell I'll admit the track was a little better when John Thompson had it but it is still bad fast when John had it is was great I never missed a big race there and it's a 3 hour drive one way for me.

3 wide
02-28-2016, 08:31 PM
You must not of went to any races at duck river last year the last race I went to last year I left at 2 am as soon as the super race was over they still had about 3,features left I said then I'll never go back the reason that tazwell as a low car count is it is so fast a lot of the drivers are scared to run up there and they will tell you that.if you want to see real speed go to tazwell I'll admit the track was a little better when John Thompson had it but it is still bad fast when John had it is was great I never missed a big race there and it's a 3 hour drive one way for me.

B_K
02-28-2016, 09:11 PM
Actual racing Duck River

Tazwell is something to see, it's a speed show, great setting, but the racing there has always been overrated to me. Ive heard several drivers say they don't go there because it's hard on your stuff. Never heard one say they were scared of it.

LMPunk
02-29-2016, 06:25 AM
Well, actually I did go to Duck a few times last year, and I said the sanctioned shows like WoO move along better because they don't run as many classes. The last WoO show they had was over before 10. Everything else will drag, especially if they decide to completely rework the track at 11pm like they did for their Labor Day special, but the supers make up for the wait more often than not.

LMPunk
02-29-2016, 06:27 AM
Actual racing Duck River

Tazwell is something to see, it's a speed show, great setting, but the racing there has always been overrated to me. Ive heard several drivers say they don't go there because it's hard on your stuff. Never heard one say they were scared of it.

Pretty much. Tazewell definitely is something to see at least once, and I try to make it there if at all possible for their big shows.

mad_CADer
02-29-2016, 06:30 AM
It depends on if you want to see a race or if you want to see an incredibly fast freight train? I agree everyone needs to see Tazewell at least once, but once is enough. Been there several times and have never seen a good race. Been to Duck River several times and never seen a bad one. I would much rather stay a little late and see a good race as opposed to getting out at 10 pm and feeling like I have wasted my money.

3 wide
02-29-2016, 07:25 AM
There are a lot of race tracks that are closed because they wanted to race till 2 o'clock in the morning you should a least start the feature before midnight that Labor Day night you spoke of they didn't even run the late model race first after being that far behind which tells me they don't care about the fans everybody is not off on Labor Day after all that is what everybody is there for.

SuperEight
02-29-2016, 07:33 AM
Looking at doing at least one of the two nights for the WOO in April.
Good, bad of both tracks and what one you would recommend.
Thanks

The Duck I think has more passing than Taz. I'm thinking of making a trip to FALS, that place looks unbelievable.

upaginit in North GA
02-29-2016, 08:34 AM
I have never left Duck River before 2am for a big show. They are on central time, several commuting fans are on EST. They say the drivers meeting will start at certain time, it never does, they say racing will start at certain times, it never does. I really enjoyed the racing, but I cannot sit there for 8 or 9 hours waiting for the big show. If Duck River would run a timely show and keep things moving, they would have to build stands all around the race track to accommodate the fans. JMO

Clayton_Wetter
02-29-2016, 02:49 PM
When Tazewell lets the track prep turn the track black then it is a freight train. But if they have plenty of moisture then the track is the fastest track there is and the racing is also very good. I have made several 290 mile one way trips to Tazewell and am glad I did.

70satomic
02-29-2016, 05:14 PM
Tazwell is the best it's very steep banked so the car's attain tremendous speed IAnd when the car's wreck they are usually out for the night

Late_Model_Mark
02-29-2016, 06:43 PM
Duck River, great racing, super sight lines and hot action.

Late Model Mark
Talladega Short Track Announcer

callmez
02-29-2016, 10:04 PM
Went to the Taz for the Lucas race last year and could not believe how the best cars came off the turns, like they were shot out of a cannon. Hope to make it to Duck River this year.

LMPunk
03-01-2016, 06:34 AM
Went to the Taz for the Lucas race last year and could not believe how the best cars came off the turns, like they were shot out of a cannon. Hope to make it to Duck River this year.

That's the best race I've seen at Tazewell to date. Mainly because of Davenport. He definitely put on a show that night.

GA-DIRT
03-01-2016, 07:07 AM
Never been to Taz, but never saw a bad race at The Duck...

d-g you need to go 1time to The Taz , just to say you have been,other than that stick to The Duck

d-glenn
03-01-2016, 05:37 PM
BB, guess you are right, but can you get there from Fairview, AL...??LOL...

MidTnDirtFan
03-04-2016, 02:00 PM
I have been to both tracks and the racing is more side by side at Duck River. Taz is like the old carnival show with the motorcycle going around and around. Very little side by side action. It reminded me of the old 1980's Atomic Speedway. Fast around the top. The show does drag on at Duck!!!! Many people like that but I for one believe that they have too many classes and WAY WAY too much qualifying. But for a WOO show they might reduce some of the support classes. MIGHT. But overall racing Duck River is better because they run two and sometimes three widenin the turns. It's not as fast but what difference does it make if the racing is boring. JMO

Necrosis
03-06-2016, 12:44 PM
For y'all saying the Taz doesn't have good racing, did you miss the WOO show last year? Ogle put it in them. Also, if you never heard a driver say he was scared of the Taz, then you've never been around anyone who has raced there. ALL the touring guys are scared of that place, how can you not be? The wall in the middle of 1&2 is 6 inches high. Launch pad.

3 wide
03-06-2016, 06:57 PM
The taz is bad fast and your right most of the touring guys don't like because they don't go there much it was really fast when John Thompson run it I think the track record is about 10.8 I read an article were they swapped the lead 5 times in 6 laps for the next 5 years I went to ever big race and enjoyed ever one of them and it is a 3 hour drive for me one way.