PDA

View Full Version : Boles/Ogle Split

mt21
03-01-2016, 09:53 AM
Anybody know why Boles and Ogle split as teammates?

W2Racing09
03-01-2016, 09:59 AM
I wasn't aware they had split -- in fact I thought Ogle was at Screven driving that same #201.

I did see an ad for the car for sale, but had just assumed they were getting an XR1 or something.

Thanks,
Jeff.

Wells Racing Photos
03-01-2016, 12:05 PM
Happened this weekend, don't know the specifics but it did happen.

W2Racing09
03-01-2016, 01:07 PM
That sucks -- hopefully Ogle can find a new ride. He is a wheelman.

Thanks,
Jeff.

Josh Bayko
03-01-2016, 01:10 PM
There is a statement on Boles' website that says the split was amicable.

MRM
03-01-2016, 02:39 PM
I wasn't aware they had split -- in fact I thought Ogle was at Screven driving that same #201.

I did see an ad for the car for sale, but had just assumed they were getting an XR1 or something.

Thanks,
Jeff.

They were also at Volusia. Billy made a couple of races, but they didn't attempt any during that weekend.

No XR1, switching to Capital. Looking for more feedback/support on the cars.

W2Racing09
03-01-2016, 03:10 PM
They were also at Volusia. Billy made a couple of races, but they didn't attempt any during that weekend.

No XR1, switching to Capital. Looking for more feedback/support on the cars.

Yeah, I'm sure he will get more with Capital considering they have a fraction of the amount of cars to support as Rocket does, and significantly fewer cars in line to be built.

Any news on Ogle? Are there any vacant rides in the South East for him to fall into?

Thanks,
Jeff.

mud duck
03-01-2016, 06:21 PM
Yeah, I'm sure he will get more with Capital considering they have a fraction of the amount of cars to support as Rocket does, and significantly fewer cars in line to be built.

Any news on Ogle? Are there any vacant rides in the South East for him to fall into?

Thanks,
Jeff.

There's no feedback coming from the house car Jeff and that's why guys left. Just ask, Chub, Broom, TMac and probably even Lanigan before he started his own deal.

huskerdirt
03-01-2016, 06:29 PM
Didn't Ogle and Boles run a Longhorn???

Thought they got it after Ogle won the WoO race last year.

Wells Racing Photos
03-01-2016, 07:22 PM
The team did have Longhorn's, they have been sold and Capital's are on the way.

W2Racing09
03-01-2016, 07:27 PM
The team did have Longhorn's, they have been sold and Capital's are on the way.

Interesting, I had thought that too at one point but I saw the 201 for sale online and it was a 2014 Blue/Gray Rocket. Guess they just never got around to selling it.

Thanks for the info,
Jeff.

W2Racing09
03-01-2016, 07:34 PM
There's no feedback coming from the house car Jeff and that's why guys left. Just ask, Chub, Broom, TMac and probably even Lanigan before he started his own deal.

What does Capital do? When you buy one they unload the cars right out of Clanton's Toter into your shop?

I doubt many of the House Cars are giving out all of their information -- but they (Rocket) have enough cars out there performing well so they must be doing something right.

It does not bother me so much that they are running Capitals, or Longhorns, etc. In fact I think it is stupid to switch from Longhorn to Capital. Longhorn cars are CLEARLY very fast all over the country, and what switching to Capital is going to turn Boles into Bloomquist? Stick with your ride and make it work for you. Its working for Roberts, Davenport, T-Mac, and all the other guys running them.

Thanks,
Jeff.

t300
03-02-2016, 07:53 AM
What does Capital do? When you buy one they unload the cars right out of Clanton's Toter into your shop?

I doubt many of the House Cars are giving out all of their information -- but they (Rocket) have enough cars out there performing well so they must be doing something right.

It does not bother me so much that they are running Capitals, or Longhorns, etc. In fact I think it is stupid to switch from Longhorn to Capital. Longhorn cars are CLEARLY very fast all over the country, and what switching to Capital is going to turn Boles into Bloomquist? Stick with your ride and make it work for you. Its working for Roberts, Davenport, T-Mac, and all the other guys running them.

Thanks,
Jeff.

It is Stacys business what he does with the car so keep your mouth shut.

W2Racing09
03-02-2016, 09:54 AM
It is Stacys business what he does with the car so keep your mouth shut.

LOL.

Seems you don't get the idea of how a message board works.

Thanks,
Jeff.

W2Racing09
03-02-2016, 09:59 AM
I agree that Longhorn is competitive all over, but on the same token Clanton was nearly as impressive in his 2015 WoO campaign in the Capital, so tit for tat. I think a guy could be successful in either, but some drivers are just switch happy for one reason or another. You mentioned Casey Roberts being quick in his Longhorn, which he is, but before that he was in a Capital, before that a Victory Circle M1 by Moyer, before that a Barry Wright, before that a GRT and before that a Walter Newman. He won titles and races in every one of them, so why keep switching? When I was with Carrera Racing Shocks Donnie Moran was on a deal with us and he came and went so many times Mr Anderson finally told him no more, you have to pay retail. He was switching cars a lot at this time too, as was Davey Johnson to name another.

I think some racers have a good feel for the car and whats doing what underneath them and how to fix it if it isn't working(Clanton, Bloomquist, Moyer & Davenport). Others though I think don't know, its either working or they need something new, I think its a mental confidence thing and until the errant piece of the mental puzzle is replaced they can't run well, ie motor, chassis, shocks, some odd adjustment, ad naseum. Drivers can be difficult, curious and superstitious to say the least. Barry Wright told me a story about Buck Simmons one time, that sometimes Buck would be just sure the car needed something or they were in trouble, even though it was running flawless. So Barry would climb under the car with a couple of wrenches, bang around for a bit, tell Buck he found something and fixed it and send him out. Buck would proceed to decimate the field after doing nothing but settling his nerves. He also told me Ronnie Johnson insisted on 5" of roll out no matter where they were running or he'd falter. Buck also won a lot of races using the mental game on other drivers, he taught me a lot about perception and intimidation.

I have definitely seen some drivers like that. I used to help out on an Asphalt LM team for which the driver was unwilling to park anywhere but his one spot in the pit area. I watched him pay someone $100 one night at the end of the season for them to back out and go to the next spot over. In 5 years of racing he pitted in that spot all but once, and on the night he didn't he totaled his car. After that he never tried pitting anywhere else. Obviously it is ridiculous and we all joked about it, but hey it was his money and him in the car. I think if he would of been forced to pit elsewhere he probably would have had a bad night just as a result of thinking he was going to have a bad night. Drivers get superstitious about a lot of stuff. To me though a chassis shouldn't be one of them. Others are winning in them, and especially if in the past you have won in them you should be fine. Take Chris Madden for example, he always ran well (and made the name he has) running Bloomquist cars. In fact he was running well in Bloomquist cars very recently before the switch. He apparently felt the need to switch despite the fact that drivers like Bloomquist and Landers were winning big races behind the wheel of those cars.

As far as Roberts switching, I think a lot of guys do that and it just does not make sense. I can see switching away from a brand that is struggling and not getting any big wins sure. But switching from one top brand to the other, what is the point other than to spend a bunch of cash?

Thanks,
Jeff.

dirtdobber45
03-02-2016, 10:54 AM
Maybe Stacey is being like McDowell and team Dillon and trying a different approach by switching cars.

Josh Bayko
03-02-2016, 11:24 AM
It could be something as simple as Stacy thinking that the Capital cars will fit his driving style better than the Longhorns. I mean, it's not like Stacy himself was lighting the world on fire in his Longhorn.

t300
03-02-2016, 11:58 AM
LOL.

Seems you don't get the idea of how a message board works.

Thanks,
Jeff.

Maybe I don't but you don't have say in what Stacy does with his race team.
So you have nice day arm chair crew chief

W2Racing09
03-02-2016, 12:45 PM
Maybe I don't but you don't have say in what Stacy does with his race team.
So you have nice day arm chair crew chief

You are right I don't, but I can certainly voice my opinion about it just like anyone does - and if you have been on 4m for more than a few days (which you have) you should certainly know that.

You have a nice day as well.

Thanks,
Jeff.

RW57
03-02-2016, 02:50 PM
Anybody give any thought Ogle might be hard to work with I have never met the man but this is the second time in the last couple of years he has left a pretty good ride I am referring to his previous departure from the ride that Donald McIntosh now has . I think it also was one that nobody saw coming as he was quite successful in that ride too.

W2Racing09
03-02-2016, 03:07 PM
Anybody give any thought Ogle might be hard to work with I have never met the man but this is the second time in the last couple of years he has left a pretty good ride I am referring to his previous departure from the ride that Donald McIntosh now has . I think it also was one that nobody saw coming as he was quite successful in that ride too.

That could very well be. I agree, both times he has left a ride it has been a surprise. Does he have the funding to field his own equipment? Based on his past performance I think he is one that could at least be profitable at it, and there are plenty of regional specials out there paying $5k to win plus to keep someone going financially.

Thanks,
Jeff.

oldfart50
03-02-2016, 03:27 PM
There is zero way for anyone to be profitable without Sponsorship. Those days are gone...

70satomic
03-02-2016, 03:46 PM
Somebody should have some say in what stacy does because he sure isn't doing anything

chupp n bloomer fan
03-02-2016, 04:21 PM
There's no feedback coming from the house car Jeff and that's why guys left. Just ask, Chub, Broom, TMac and probably even Lanigan before he started his own deal.So then why'd Stacy leave the only chassis that everyone should run?

And Rocket does offer support, or no one would run them. Chub and Boom are still not very good. TMac I think can do better, but I dunno. I wish he would, he just has flashes of the old Timmy and then back to the mediocre Tim. And leaving now, when they came out with the new car doesn't make much sense. He was going to be one of the first to get one. But hopefully this turns him around.

And all the people you mentioned, they competed with for points. So obviously you're not giving them everything. Just as the Rumley Longhorn isn't identical to a regular Longhorn. Same deal.

huskerdirt
03-02-2016, 04:59 PM

Thanks,
Jeff.

So then why'd Stacy leave the only chassis that everyone should run?

And Rocket does offer support, or no one would run them. Chub and Boom are still not very good. TMac I think can do better, but I dunno. I wish he would, he just has flashes of the old Timmy and then back to the mediocre Tim. And leaving now, when they came out with the new car doesn't make much sense. He was going to be one of the first to get one. But hopefully this turns him around.

And all the people you mentioned, they competed with for points. So obviously you're not giving them everything. Just as the Rumley Longhorn isn't identical to a regular Longhorn. Same deal.

From my understanding getting into a Capital is like being a part of old "GRTeam" days of the 90s. I remember an interview from Mike Marlar from a few months ago eluding to that. If I remember correctly he said Marshall Green tried a setup on one of the cars down at Dixie with one of the weekly regulars. They then feed that up to Marler at the Pittsburgher. Now Marler didn't win but it gives you an idea what being in Capital is like.

A driver from my area is switching to Captial in 2016. This team was in Longhorns and Black Diamonds in 2015. The reason they are switching is the fact they really didn't get any help from those two once they got rolling in those chassis. This isn't the first time I've heard this regarding those two chassis.

I guess if you want help trying to get faster.... That'll cost extra.

plunks7
03-02-2016, 05:06 PM
From my understanding getting into a Capital is like being a part of old "GRTeam" days of the 90s. I remember an interview from Mike Marlar from a few months ago eluding to that. If I remember correctly he said Marshall Green tried a setup on one of the cars down at Dixie with one of the weekly regulars. They then feed that up to Marler at the Pittsburgher. Now Marler didn't win but it gives you an idea what being in Capital is like.

A driver from my area is switching to Captial in 2016. This team was in Longhorns and Black Diamonds in 2015. The reason they are switching is the fact they really didn't get any help from those two once they got rolling in those chassis. This isn't the first time I've heard this regarding those two chassis.

I guess if you want help trying to get faster.... That'll cost extra.

Get your a$$ over on the other board and finish him off. :)

huskerdirt
03-02-2016, 05:08 PM
get your a$$ over on the other board and finish him off. :)

bwhahhaahaa!!!

zyoung25
03-02-2016, 07:15 PM
Roberts made the switch because of having a link to longhorn. A crew member also works at longhorn. As for why he switched all the other times, couldn't tell ya.

MasterSbilt_Racer
03-02-2016, 07:52 PM

Chub improved quite a bit last year. But yeah, isn't tearing it up.

Builders with cars on tour are realizing as long as the house car wins, the phone rings. So, it is good business to keep yourself above the rest.

Barbecueboy
03-02-2016, 08:09 PM
I agree that Longhorn is competitive all over, but on the same token Clanton was nearly as impressive in his 2015 WoO campaign in the Capital, so tit for tat. I think a guy could be successful in either, but some drivers are just switch happy for one reason or another. You mentioned Casey Roberts being quick in his Longhorn, which he is, but before that he was in a Capital, before that a Victory Circle M1 by Moyer, before that a Barry Wright, before that a GRT and before that a Walter Newman. He won titles and races in every one of them, so why keep switching? When I was with Carrera Racing Shocks Donnie Moran was on a deal with us and he came and went so many times Mr Anderson finally told him no more, you have to pay retail. He was switching cars a lot at this time too, as was Davey Johnson to name another.

I think some racers have a good feel for the car and whats doing what underneath them and how to fix it if it isn't working(Clanton, Bloomquist, Moyer & Davenport). Others though I think don't know, its either working or they need something new, I think its a mental confidence thing and until the errant piece of the mental puzzle is replaced they can't run well, ie motor, chassis, shocks, some odd adjustment, ad naseum. Drivers can be difficult, curious and superstitious to say the least. Barry Wright told me a story about Buck Simmons one time, that sometimes Buck would be just sure the car needed something or they were in trouble, even though it was running flawless. So Barry would climb under the car with a couple of wrenches, bang around for a bit, tell Buck he found something and fixed it and send him out. Buck would proceed to decimate the field after doing nothing but settling his nerves. He also told me Ronnie Johnson insisted on 5" of roll out no matter where they were running or he'd falter. Buck also won a lot of races using the mental game on other drivers, he taught me a lot about perception and intimidation.
Absolutely fantastic post........thanks for sharing.

mud duck
03-03-2016, 01:01 AM

That's my point!! If you read my posts, I do not say anything about Rocket on the regional or local racers! Mark has the market cornered! and will never have to worry! I'm sure they pass on enough tid bits to keep the guys buying them happy. Plus, considering the area most of the fields are Rockets. But, on the top tours, there is a reason it's not like it used to be! Nobody was more loyal than Chub? and Tim knew with the new car he wasn't going to get anything from Mark. The only one that "might" get all the information is Sheppard and I doubt once the Lucas series shakes out he won't be any better than last year.

Itsinmyblood
03-03-2016, 05:54 AM
It could be something as simple as Stacy thinking that the Capital cars will fit his driving style better than the Longhorns. I mean, it's not like Stacy himself was lighting the world on fire in his Longhorn.

I have much respect for Stacy. I met him a few times when I was working for a touring series. But this made me literally lol. Good luck to him in the new chassis though. Nice guy to me always.

rcmaster
03-04-2016, 12:35 PM
I have much respect for Stacy. I met him a few times when I was working for a touring series. But this made me literally lol. Good luck to him in the new chassis though. Nice guy to me always.

Capital is a quality piece , plus maybe his new driver can help him out with the Capital.

chupp n bloomer fan
03-04-2016, 01:03 PM
Chub improved quite a bit last year. But yeah, isn't tearing it up.

Builders with cars on tour are realizing as long as the house car wins, the phone rings. So, it is good business to keep yourself above the rest.Yep, Chub did improve. He is one of my favorites, and I hope he can get some wins again, because I've watched him since the suburban open trailer days.

Oh yeah, I'm just simply stating this isn't something only Rocket does. It is if you have a boner for Rocket, but otherwise, you'd know they all do it. Wether they are testing new stuff to see if it'll work consistently, or just have stuff they aren't giving up, it's nothing new.

chupp n bloomer fan
03-04-2016, 01:08 PM
That's my point!! If you read my posts, I do not say anything about Rocket on the regional or local racers! Mark has the market cornered! and will never have to worry! I'm sure they pass on enough tid bits to keep the guys buying them happy. Plus, considering the area most of the fields are Rockets. But, on the top tours, there is a reason it's not like it used to be! Nobody was more loyal than Chub? and Tim knew with the new car he wasn't going to get anything from Mark. The only one that "might" get all the information is Sheppard and I doubt once the Lucas series shakes out he won't be any better than last year.I dunno though, that may be true on Timmy. But if he's Lucas, and Josh is WoO, I'd be all about getting him to the top. Tim just hadn't been consistent, hopefully with no Grecco and different cars,he can be consistently good. I don't see Sheppard being in the top 5 either. I'd say 7th if I had to pick.

t300
03-07-2016, 03:52 PM
Somebody should have some say in what stacy does because he sure isn't doing anything

Stacy pays for his racing so i guess he can do what he wants to do

70satomic
03-07-2016, 04:07 PM
If he wants to finish 10th or worse more power to him because a capital car isn't gonna turn him into bloomquist