PDA

View Full Version : World 100 Camping

AndyB
03-01-2016, 10:21 AM
Looking to go to the World 100 and Eldora for the first time this year and taking a camper. Any tips? We like to party so whats the best area to camp? Also is gen admin tickets sufficient or should I get reserved in a certain area?

chupp n bloomer fan
03-01-2016, 10:30 AM
Looking to go to the World 100 and Eldora for the first time this year and taking a camper. Any tips? We like to party so whats the best area to camp? Also is gen admin tickets sufficient or should I get reserved in a certain area?I'd get your tickets now if you want reserved. Everything but hillside is reserved as far as I know. If you're camping, and get there early, ga is probably ok. Us regulars make sure to renew every year, because if they were good seats, they are gone when they go on sale Dec whatever it is. The camping, I think Speedys is pretty lenient. But you definitely need to get on it now.

bloomy18018
03-01-2016, 10:31 AM
Call and get Speedy Camping across Hwy18 from the track that's where the party is.. Definitely get reserved seats, anywhere in the corners are good,,, under the awning isn't all it's cracked up to be, unless you like sitting on other people's laps and waiting forever to use the can... Definitely upgrade your weekend tickets to Pit Passes once you get there the first night, you are allowed down in the infield, pretty awesome to watch from down there just keep your head on a swivel as thing are moving quickly

WisWildManFan
03-01-2016, 12:29 PM
I would only reserve Saturday and buy the generals for Thur and Friday. We have a pretty good time at eldora village, better look at camping spots now otherwise you will be way in the back. As far as partying the weather plays out better for The Dream.

Umpdirt1
03-01-2016, 02:12 PM
Across the street from the track. U need to reserve a spot. They have changed it so much over the years. Not for sure if u can reserve just one spot. I gave up camping there 10 yrs ago.. If your partying DON'T DRINK ON YOUR GOLF CART. The law is all around. Clothed n plain clothed .Had 4 plain clothed roll up in our camp, too big of a fire, too noisy, they have really cracked down over the years.

d-glenn
03-01-2016, 05:33 PM
Here is the phone number I have for Speedy Camping, hope it has not changed, 937-338-3311...

cjp0354
03-01-2016, 05:49 PM
Just reserved a single spot in speedy. Cost $13 to reserve and $58 total. Best I could get was row 15 of 20. I suggest getting somewhere in the middle like section b or c. Last year we were in section d and it was kind of dead.

old fan
03-01-2016, 06:17 PM
5 th row from the top is great that's what I have sat . thurs and Friday row 3 by the bar and Andy B this what I do if you get food there get it when the line is down not when you are hungry and multiple stands , great souveneir area also

superstock79
03-01-2016, 07:56 PM
As most have already said, speedy camping is the place to be, if u want to see the whole place u definetly need a golf cart, and only reserve your track seats saturday night. Thurs and Friday there will be plenty of places to set without reserves, and as always, spend the extra $5 and get a pit pass, best money u will spend at a track the whole year!

superstock79
03-01-2016, 07:58 PM
And section "nf" & "sa" are non alcoholic sections so be careful when u do reserve your seats. Easy way to remember those sections are "nf=no fun" and "sa=sucks ass"!!!

wheelpackin
03-02-2016, 06:08 PM
Eldora is a blast, regardless of what anyone tells you! Yes, the cops can be d!ck$, just don't act a fool and you'll be ok. Good seats are Turn 3 Section NN. Also, can't go wrong with turn 1 hillside seating. Front stretch is an absolute nightmare. It's about like the freeway at 5pm rush hour. You'll definitely want to camp across the road from the track if you are there to party. It seems the camping on the Eldora side is more calm as far as the party goes. I haven't missed a World 100 since '92 and attended every Dream race, that's about the only vacation I get during the year.

Matt49
03-02-2016, 08:16 PM
As others have said, BE SURE TO GET A PIT PASS! It's $5!!! Go to the infield (there is a tunnel under turn 3) and watch hot laps from the infield fence in one of the turns (I like turn 1 because you can also see staging). It's a spectator experience you won't find at any other track. You'll never see a vehicle go that fast that sideways anywhere else and from the infield it just looks unreal.

superstock79
03-03-2016, 06:05 AM
As others have said, BE SURE TO GET A PIT PASS! It's $5!!! Go to the infield (there is a tunnel under turn 3) and watch hot laps from the infield fence in one of the turns (I like turn 1 because you can also see staging). It's a spectator experience you won't find at any other track. You'll never see a vehicle go that fast that sideways anywhere else and from the infield it just looks unreal.

I have been to a lot of dirt tracs, asphalt tracks, and drag ways and never seen a car go by that close to u so fast. It is the greatest race of the year, no always because of the race itself, rather the total experience...

WisWildManFan
03-03-2016, 07:25 AM
I have been to a lot of dirt tracs, asphalt tracks, and drag ways and never seen a car go by that close to u so fast. It is the greatest race of the year, no always because of the race itself, rather the total experience...The infield alone makes me want to attend the kings royal just for the sheer speed

old fan
03-03-2016, 07:34 AM
I am finally getting back there this September after not going since 2009 ,that is one event that's on my permanent bucket list

WatchThis
03-03-2016, 08:20 AM
If you are camping, make sure you secure anything outside that you don't want stolen. Last year, we lost our generator as did two other campers right down from us. They got ours at night even though we had a small chain and lock on it. Cops said generators are the choice item. They just said, "Oh well, probably the same gang on golf carts that hits them every big race!"

chupp n bloomer fan
03-03-2016, 07:49 PM
Call and get Speedy Camping across Hwy18 from the track that's where the party is.. Definitely get reserved seats, anywhere in the corners are good,,, under the awning isn't all it's cracked up to be, unless you like sitting on other people's laps and waiting forever to use the can... Definitely upgrade your weekend tickets to Pit Passes once you get there the first night, you are allowed down in the infield, pretty awesome to watch from down there just keep your head on a swivel as thing are moving quicklyUnder the roof, you gotta have aisle seats, and no really big people, or you are screwed. I agree though, anything but aisle seats as of now sucks.

WisWildManFan
03-03-2016, 11:30 PM
If you are camping, make sure you secure anything outside that you don't want stolen. Last year, we lost our generator as did two other campers right down from us. They got ours at night even though we had a small chain and lock on it. Cops said generators are the choice item. They just said, "Oh well, probably the same gang on golf carts that hits them every big race!"Probably a tent camper sick of the noise lol

superstock79
03-05-2016, 11:12 AM
I wish someone would come steal our neighbors generator during the world!! He!!, I'd prolly pay them to take it! I spend a fortune on a honda just to set there and listen to his pressure washer sounding rattle trap allllllll weekend...

CIRF
03-05-2016, 02:52 PM
If you are camping, make sure you secure anything outside that you don't want stolen. Last year, we lost our generator as did two other campers right down from us. They got ours at night even though we had a small chain and lock on it. Cops said generators are the choice item. They just said, "Oh well, probably the same gang on golf carts that hits them every big race!"

I'll heartily second this! Thieves are part of why most of our group won't go to the World anymore. Take WatchThis' thief alert and warning very serious because rest assured there are thieves among you at Eldora.

Our camping group had a Honda generator and a golf cart stolen on consecutive years during the World weekend at Eldora. The Darke County Sheriffs Department acted as if it was a routine occurrence, which it is. Both the gen-set and the golf cart were secured with 5/16" chain and an adequate lock.

The cops are far more concerned with limiting liability exposure to the track and campground owners than preventing theft of attendees property, apprehending the thieves and retrieving stolen property.

Both the golf cart and gen-set were insured but unfortunately the policies had a $1,000.00 deductible. The insurance company deemed the gen-set to have depreciated to less than $1,000.00 even though it was only 3 years old and had less than 300 hours so the owner got nothing out of that. The golf cart theft cost the owner at minimum the $1,000.00 deductible. Considerable more actually.

A word to the wise, BEWARE!

TackyTracker
03-05-2016, 03:04 PM
it's gotta be locals that wait for these weekends and pounce when the time is right

49wrench
03-05-2016, 03:47 PM
Tie and lock everything you can. Last year 3 pickups had there trailer receivers swiped. Kind of a good thing we noticed them missing on Saturday we were able to get them replaced. Just imagine on Sunday morning getting ready to hook up to go home and finding out that you have nothing to hook up your trailer.. Cops were not very interested with the problem...

CIRF
03-05-2016, 06:56 PM
it's gotta be locals that wait for these weekends and pounce when the time is right

I'm sure some of it is locals but when the golf cart was stolen from our group the Darke County deputies said it was a good bet that the golf cart would be a couple of hundred miles from Eldora less than four hours after it was stolen. He told us they recoup very little of the big ticket items stolen during World Hundred weekend due to the fact that much of it is stolen by people who are not from the area.

Thieves are some of the lowest forms of walking, talking human garbage.

old fan
03-05-2016, 07:45 PM
Easy fix don't camp there

The Boss
03-05-2016, 11:36 PM
I've been lucky, I guess. All I've had stolen is a small $10 cooler, a seat cushion, and a program. I left them at my seat after a race So I could go to the infield and talk to drivers after a race. When I came back to my seat they were gone. Luckily I have never had anything stolen from my campground. I personally like having the cops strolling through the campgrounds the last few years, but I've noticed they really don't seem interested in chasing thieves and this upsets me. Camping at Eldora is awesome and I've been lucky with my camping spot, but if you camp there secure your belongings.