PDA

View Full Version : west coast late models

WisWildManFan
03-02-2016, 11:56 AM
Anyone know much about this series, top dog RC whitwell?

formercrewguy
03-02-2016, 05:44 PM
It's one of Chris Kearn's promotions, in addition to USAC westcoast. He has promoted the Wild West Shootout the past couple of years also. Tomorrow we have the season opener in Las Vegas, and Bakersfield on Sat. RC doesn't normally run with the WCLM, but if he gets a ride, he just might. Other notable drivers who run are Jason Papich when he can, Clay Daly, Steve Drake, Tony Toste, Robert Sanders, etc.

pushin cushin
03-02-2016, 08:29 PM
What Bob said is correct, but red deuce of Bobby Hogge usually runs well in Vegas in both Lates and Mods. RC has won twice in the last couple of years there in a Mod during event in March. Probably looking at about 30-35 WoO Sprints, 20-25 Lates, and 50 Mods. Then the next night I would guess somewhere around 30-35 Non Wing Sprints.
The WCLM series was really a big deal on the Westcoast prior to the economy taking the dive it did several years back. Clay Daly in the 32B and Steve Drake in the 11 usually run good at LVMS as well. I am surprised Ricky Thorton Jr will not be there in a Mod, but according to his interview on Dirt Nation he said he is moving to Iowa.

formercrewguy
03-02-2016, 09:10 PM
I forgot about Bobby!! Dang it. I think his FB said he was going to be there.

WisWildManFan
03-02-2016, 09:17 PM
Thanks for the info, heading out there tomorrow. I thought schatz might have brought lm but probably not for one night